Would you meet someone from the internet?

Would you meet someone from the web?  

41 Dreamers have voted

1. 1. Would you ever meet someone from the internet for sex?

• I already do.
    • I have once, dont want to repeat!
    • I want to try it.
    • Maybe? Depends on how long we have been talking.
    • Omg! No, you fucking psycho!

I probably would meet somebody for sex, definitely, as long as all honesty was at play. I'd want them to know my limits and i'd want to know theirs, ect. I'd like to know abit before i do anything hasty.

To be honest, i don't act at all online how i do IRL, so i very much expect a personality shift from what's presented at first glance. Trust me, i'm not nearly as happy go lucky as i am here, and i at least try to be alot more polite.

That being said, feel free to ask me questions or anything if you're interested i suppose. Consider this my formal invitation. Just be aware that if you're actually thinking i'm a nudist who walks around with flowing pink hair and a pair of rocket launchers, you will be sorely disappointed. xD

i have two long distance relationships that i wished i could get over and both was from imvu i am to antisocial and i cant drive tanks to medical problems fun there

1 : my fist girl fiennd or person i was interested in we talked o long distance talked on imvu and called on the phone i did not have a cell phone yet we talkedd and all that fun stuff but what ended it was cause she add a dream about me having a heart attack in my sleep so she left me witch i found out she was cheating on me thanks to her for awhile i ated my medical problems and my self but took me 3 months thanks to my friends i got over it 

2 this one i was with er for about what 4 or 5 years and she catfish me but the last year she was getting more distance with me and being nasty and really mean to me mentally but it got worst i knew what sh looked liked cause she was a bad lire like real bad 9 days before my 23 birthday i saw her in a pic with her boyfriend i had a really bad mental battle after that for about 4 years my depression was fun there 

i have learn to watch for catfish anymore or for liese im just to nice some time 😞 and i will give anyone a chance even if ill get heart broke again 

this was hard for me to get this out but i trust you all 

• Community Administrator
On 04/11/2019 at 19:23, Whoreo said:

I don't want anyone to poz my neghole, thx. 

Thank you for sharing that story with us all. My view of the world has improved immensely now that I know that bug chasing is a thing (Yes, that was sarcasm). But I totally see and understand why you have that aversion.

For me it's a rather difficult one to explain... So I will do a list:

• Met someone online just to have sex with them IRL: Never.
  • Met someone online and became friends with them that I then went on to meet IRL: Yes, @Casey and @Дми́трий Разуваев are two examples of people from here. There are a few others too.
  • Have I met someone that I was in an online relationship, IRL: Yes. Three people, one I immediately dumped shortly after, one who I did absolutely nothing with (and didn't want to), the other one; I ended up marrying - that one is @Neptune and I actually met her on Bebo, a long dead social media site.
  • Met someone online, in IRL via Proxy: Yep, once. I "met" someone online via an IRL proxy... As in I paid someone to go pretending to be me, who met up with them at a local café so I could watch from a table afar, and judge if it was someone I'd want to make contact with or not... The end result is - I never made contact. I would totally do this again. I have some interesting stories to tell, that's for sure.

Would I ever meet someone from EcchiDreams? On their own, and on my own - same as Whoreo. Absolutely not. Never. But as a large group where everyone in the group is from EcchiDreams or something - then... I don't know. Who knows? I certainly don't. 

On 01/11/2019 at 18:20, Mysthero said:

I know I dont have to mention it but this is not a hookup thread so if someone here shares your interest please try to refrain from setting a date to meet in the thread! Otherwise @Temaelrin or other admins will unleash their wrath upon my ass and I would very much wish to avoid that. Lol

Why I read that with sexual connotations I have no idea. But I will refrain from making those comments. You're correct in the assumption that we obviously do not recommend, nor condone meeting with other Dreamers here in real life. We certainly won't be held liable or responsible if you decide to kill each IRL either. I realise we cannot possibly stop you from doing so, of course. But we won't condone it, thus it must not be public on the site. 

Again this is not a condonement, but if you're going to arrange to do it, be smart, and keep it in EcchiTexts. 

• 1 month later...

So... I met my current boyfriend from the internet, more specifically World of Warcraft. A friend offered to pay for my WoW time if we played together. The guild she was in, he owned. Eventually she and I started becoming more a part of their community. I developed a crush on him and came into some money. He suggested I visit him and I did. After that visit we decided to start an intimate and romantic relationship. (Abridged version, i can go into the dirty details another time if you guys really want me to lol)

However, it really depends upon where I meet these people and what kind of relationship we have. I'm not into casual sex so any app/website where sexual things are heavily focused or become the focus I would not meet people on, for example here. But I have met other friends from WoW and would love to meet more of them if given the opportunity. I'm down to meet online friends, I have no interest in hooking up with them, it's just not who I am, even if I was single.

Met my wife through DeviantART and am planning to meet with another longtime friend i met through IwakuRoleplay later this year. First time I ever went to meet someone I knew from online was to England visit my previous girlfriend (of 5 years at the time), and that relationshhip ended up being broken off during said visit. So no horror stories or anything hookup related, but one not so great experience, one perfect experience, an another one coming up that promises to be nothing but fun 🙂

While I've personally got nothing against the idea of casual
sex, in practice I'm just not the kind of person who puts myself out in situations (IRL or virtual) where hookups happen. I'm polyamorous so I've certainly developed a romantic/physical interest in quite a few people in my lifetime, but tend to find that I need to be at a point where I at least consider someone a good friend before I'll seriously consider doing anything with them. That paired with the fact that my friends have been from all over the world and I've never exactly been the richest means I've actually had comparatively very little IRL physical experience compared to the roleplay and cybering based hookups I've engaged in since I was a teenager.

So yeah, in theory I wouldn't find myself opposed t eventually meeting up with someone I got to know from EcchiDreams provided we knew some basics about each other personally and were already friends, but It's not something I really expect to ever do either just going by my track record haha.

I have met women.   As I guy, there is perceived to be less obvious risk, yet for all, the risk is inherent in not being in public or giving away too much that you can he stalked.  Also,  even men can be in danger if lured into a private place,  with a man or men waiting to jump you! 

In one case I was stalked!  We had some mutual background that lowered my guard.  Long story but I did go to a lawyer finally.

However,  I've had some great meetings that were so much fun and not simply sexually.  It's real life either way. 

Bottom line, meeting in person is just like any other real life encounter.  Set the rules unequivocally and stick to them.  Be in public,  tell others you are meeting someone,  hande an escape plan and don't give away too much.  Finally,  if they are seeking instant sex,  and are insistent,  then in the words of Admiral Akbar, "it's a trap! " .. or may be. 

Yeah... there are a few people I have known over the years that I wish I could meet IRL. Sadly, I've never been able to, both because I live in the middle of nowhere and because you need a lot of money to travel and stuff. 😧 

If I did ever meet a friend from the Internet, I would love to take them out somewhere for the day. The ideal outing that I've thought of would be to meet up at a nice cafe for food and a drink, then to go to an arcade and play games, then finish off with going to the movies and watching something nice together. ^w^
💕

• 2 weeks later...

I actually met someone who I was talking too for two years. We got involved with one another and had a serious relationship. Had a relationship with him for about 2 and a half years, yet sadly things had to come to a end because he was looking for other things than I was. I have no harsh things to say about him. He truly was a good person and I wished him nothing but the best. ❤️ 

If I was again to meet someone offline, I would have to be talking to them for a good while before meeting up with them. I need to feel comfortable with them and know that I can trust myself with them and they need to do the same. Trust is important. As friends or relationships. Distance has never been a issue for me. It all depends on the people I think and if they are willing to make it work out. As for how relationships goes. If it's simply as friends, the same thing goes before meeting them offline. I try not to assume anything and I never rush into anything. I take things slow when it comes to things like this. It's good to be careful. 👍

My longest relationship was for 4 years with a woman I still in a way love to this day. We meet playing EverQuest.. we had pretty much a set party of 4 of us with some random swap in’s and outs. We started grouping as a duo more and more as we grew closer, talking for hours about random things we loved for we just had so much in common. Then we started dating online.. we lived far apart but I would visit her and she would visit me when we had vacation. But then I screwed up my back.. things got real dark for a very long time.. I grew to hate myself so much more then I already did and ended up pushing her away. It was an awful time in my life. I got in touch with her again a year ago and we are friends, we shared a few fond memories but that love has died. 

And well maybe two other mutual hookups a few years ago on a site >.> short term things with no strings attached. It was... okay at best. Nothing I really remember fondly other then it happened one became a friend and we hung out and watched anime until I moved and we lost touch. The other was just a mean person.

Archived