I realized I forgot to introduce myself.

Hello all, I'm GM Angel, I love video games(Metroidvanias, RPGs, a wide assortment of individual games from different genres), books (Stephen King, All Fantasy Stories and much more), Table Top Rpgs (All eds of D&D, Warhammer games(both fantasy and 40k) and more) and I'm mad about swimming.

I love to roleplay and write, though my muse fades rapidly in and out and I have two large games and a story going currently so I'm mostly down only for short games (or even scenes) right now. I'm down for almost anything.

Random note occurred to me about the website today, in personal info there are plenty of sexualities to choose from but limited gender expressions.  Transgender folk and various other gender identities could probably use more nuanced identity tags, if they care to share at all.

Otherwise cool site with mostly cool people, two thumbs up!

• Community Administrator
2 hours ago, GM Angel said:

Hello all, I'm GM Angel, I love video games(Metroidvanias, RPGs, a wide assortment of individual games from different genres), books (Stephen King, All Fantasy Stories and much more), Table Top Rpgs (All eds of D&D, Warhammer games(both fantasy and 40k) and more) and I'm mad about swimming.

I love to roleplay and write, though my muse fades rapidly in and out and I have two large games and a story going currently so I'm mostly down only for short games (or even scenes) right now. I'm down for almost anything.

Random note occurred to me about the website today, in personal info there are plenty of sexualities to choose from but limited gender expressions.  Transgender folk and various other gender identities could probably use more nuanced identity tags, if they care to share at all.

Otherwise cool site with mostly cool people, two thumbs up!

Welcome to EcchiDreams, @GM Angel. Although you've been here a while, I'm still going to say it. 🙂 I've only just recently started playing D&D myself, where my sister-in-law is the GM, and I'm such a noob at it. But it's with my brother and sister inlaws, and they're pretty chill about it. I've found it to be enjoyable, and each session makes we await the next with bated breath. 

To the topic of "Gender Expressions": This has been brought up before. Whilst, yes: we don't have a gender field, so I'd imagine that, that is limiting... We have a sex field which more relates to biological sex of which there are only two sexes - Male / Female but you can select "Not Telling" as well. This extremely unlikely to change any time soon.

I do not agree that we are limiting people from adding any made up/legally recognised gender that they like; they can do so via the About Me area of their profile and even include their pronouns if they want. Whether or not they'll be respected or not is another issue entirely, I'm afraid.  I hope that addresses your concerns, albeit I don't think it's going to do so in any satisfactory way.

Our site can be a little daunting to those who are new so I want you to be aware that our community is usually willing to help with any problems or questions you may have. The staff are also just as willing to help if you should need it (You can find us easily as we all have Purple names), although that said the community is full of epic dreamers who are more than happy to help out new people as well, which is part of what makes EcchiDreams as awesome as it is. There are a few things you can do to improve your chances of finding someone to roleplay with, and whilst I'm sure you'll be fine, I've got a quick start guide for you here:

• Complete your profile.
  • Fill out a Roleplayer Preferences form; to let others know what your preferences are.
    • If you're into private roleplaying (Not publicly on the forums, but on EcchiChat (The chatbar) or by EcchiTexts, then consider letting people know. You can also use that link to find roleplayers that you might want to roleplay with.
    • Remember; if you post around on the forums, say play in forum games and what have you, consider putting a link to your preferences in your signature for maximum exposure. 
  • To be in control of your account, consider taking a look at our Account Control Guides.
  • If you're stuck for what the roleplay options are, and/or how to get started take a look at our Roleplaying Guides.
  • If you want to know more about your profile options there are also a few guides here.
  • If you have any ideas on how we can improve our site we're very happy to hear them, drop us a suggestion

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate in asking. We're happy to help. You may have already done most of these things, but I just copy and paste this last bit on all of my welcomes.

Yeah D&D can be great, 5th edition seems almost like they made it for me. As a veteran of third ed and pathfinder there were many things about those rules systems I didn't like, (no full attack on charge?) and the complexity was such that even veteran DMs would routinely forget rules. The simplicity and elegance of 5th ed is just awesome to me. Though of course each system has it's ups and down and really what makes any game is the people involved not the rules.

Ah, I admit that the sex field is a little disappointing but I understand where you are coming from. With it's true intention in mind I'll use it properly then, though I must admit, being viewed as a man is entirely thrilling for me, though it occasionally provokes almost homophobic reactions, lol. For clarity's sake I'll change it or maybe just say nothing.

I new I got along with you for a reason. 😃

I was a swimmer back in my highschool days.

Been playing DnD since 2nd ed (skipped 4th entirely) and used to play warhammer back "in the day."  I've currently got an IG army (with the soldiers all being special order from Victoria Miniatures) and undead army that just gathers dust now (busy life). May I ask what armies you have? 5th edition DnD is my favorite edition by far. What class are runnimg now?

Though I've also played and ran a lot of Rifts RPG through the years as well.

You ever watch Critical Role?

I also enjoy the table top rpgs. I have played D&d 2nd edition, 3.0, and 3.5. Pathfinder, Rifts, Hunter the Reckoning, Werewolves, and Age of Darkness.

As far as no full attack on charge all I have to say is.... Vital Strike.. sooo good. My favorite class has always been a Paladin for so long but then I came across a Warpriest and found my true love. 

21 minutes ago, Balthier said:

I new I got along with you for a reason. 😃

I was a swimmer back in my highschool days.

Been playing DnD since 2nd ed (skipped 4th entirely) and used to play warhammer back "in the day."  I've currently got an IG army (with the soldiers all being special order from Victoria Miniatures) and undead army that just gathers dust now (busy life). May I ask what armies you have? 5th edition DnD is my favorite edition by far. What class are runnimg now?

Though I've also played and ran a lot of Rifts RPG through the years as well.

You ever watch Critical Role?

Nice! Water is win!

The only army I've been able to collect is a Vampire Counts army over an extremely long period of time, I don't play Age of Sigmar much, I actually prefer warhammer in it's like 5th ed phase, you know, when Vampires still had stat lines similar to dragons lol.

I'm currently not in 5thed D&D as a PC but am running two game as GM, fun fun. As always my personal fave class is Wizard.

Rifts is fun but darn there are a lot of charts and game imbalance, still one of my fav gaming experiences was a rifts play whatever you want game with gods and vampires and glitter boy PCs

Critical Role? That's a youtube series right?

12 minutes ago, Kerzin Kalamond said:

I also enjoy the table top rpgs. I have played D&d 2nd edition, 3.0, and 3.5. Pathfinder, Rifts, Hunter the Reckoning, Werewolves, and Age of Darkness.

As far as no full attack on charge all I have to say is.... Vital Strike.. sooo good. My favorite class has always been a Paladin for so long but then I came across a Warpriest and found my true love. 

Fan of white wolf though I've mostly played Vampire. Yeah vital strike is good but it only multiples the dice damage right? Still not a full atttacks worth of damage =(

Home brew. Nordic themed. My guy is a follower of Tyr. While also heavy worship of Odin and Freya. He started off a blacksmith, joined a large band of Vikings whom taught and trained him as a warrior as he tended their gear, he also tended to record things on their collective adventure as poetry. Now he is on a new adventure for the current campaign. 

• 2 months later...

Archived