The birth of a new hero..... for a week at least [Encounter, open]

Xaciel

audio recording, unmarked date and time.

"Hi dad. It's me again. I apparently got accepted to the High School of Heroes. I can finally start helping people! Hehe...... well, if i can get over this anxiety first...... anyway..... see ya dad."

A click was heard as a reel in the background had stopped. After seconds passed, it started up again with another click followed by the reel. The same girl's timid voice was now more monotone.

"my name is Seig Chui. It's a rather odd name..... i suppose the roughest translation would be 'Sticking Arrow'. Not the name i'd want as a hero to be honest. I'm an introvert. I don't typically enjoy talking with others, though i can get by if i have to. My quirk is still rather awkward for me, since i don't know how to use it well. Hell, i don't even know exactly how it even works. Not even doctors could tell me. I'm hoping i don't have to meet anyone where i'm going. I'm hoping i'll be ignored. It will make the truth that much easier to deal with. I have to do what must be done. If i don't, then nobody else will. What happened to my brother won't happen to anyone else-"

the recording abrubtly stopped with a final click. Seig was making her way through the seemingly empty school yard, not even so much as a sound heard around her aside from the music in her headphones, being TeddyLoid's "I Want You", ringing in her ears loudly as she walked. Music helped her deal with tense situations. She was something of a last minute arrival, and wasn't even instructed on exactly where she should go. Even had she been told, her one track mind forced details like these out. She walked lightly in tune with her music toward the front gates of the campus, and while not excited, she was still ready to embrace the day.

Edited by Xaciel

"Is that her? Just stay away from her, don't bother to handshake, she got strange skin"

"Hey can you at least more, you know, FRIENDLY!? acting like that gonna get you nowhere!"

"Hero? Her power beg to differ"

"With all due respect sir, she has rare power sought for almost centuries! We can't let it go to wrong hands!"

"We put priority not favorite! She has power that can reduce this world to nothing when she reach the peak of her ability! Hero never burn the world!"

All those debate, argue, insult, cuss, anything really, it's just another day for Shia. Being accepted to academy that deemed to be able to awake her power to the fullest is what she sought for so long. So many question, so little answer about Shia as she also don't know why and how her power awaken. Her ability back then only serve her pain, misery, loneliness. Something that awaken one thirst for revenge. One that surely lead path of destruction.

Or so they thought.

"They just envy me. What do they know? If that attitude of theirs make them act like that, no wonder this power not fall to their hands. I accept my power as i am accepting my own self. What about those all-talk and no bite do? Just rant because their weakness" She said arrogantly to whoever question her power. "They always said my power will bend the world as i see fit. Well, i want to be a hero and still they cuss me for it. It's fine, i never plan to be their hero"

"So here i am...the very school who told me they got any clue about this power" mutter Shia as she saw the gate "...Quasar...what a majestic name. People still doubt my intention but what's the point if i tell them? I got nothing on them so i let them do as they please. I got more important thing to do, to learn, most importantly, to protect...yes, my sanity. My family and friends back home who accept me no matter how much of burden i am to them, to be hated, to be shunned, just for my sake...I will repay those kindness"

With that, Shia took the first step inside, her own shadow spread a majestic wings as she whisper 

"with anything necessary..."

Her smile grew wider, almost as if she is being possessed

"By any means..."

the hero who will later on titled Obsidian Princess finally make appearance to the world

Edited by Elena Ichinomiya

Seig felt a chill run up her spine. Somehow she could feel a palpable torrent of emotions that almost felt like a shockwave. On instinct, she turned around to see a flow of pink hair almost directly behind her. As well, she sensed a whiff of malice in the figure she turned to. One upside to being an introvert was that she learned to read people, and Seig was certainly not liking the cover she was seeing. The music she was listening to made the atmosphere to her like a messed up fairy tale love story meeting about to go wrong. i guess this school will let just about anyone in i guess. Times are getting tough after all..... she thought.

Against her better judgement, she took a deep breath, let out a somber smile and reached out her hand.

"Hello. My name is Seig Chui. New student. And you are?"

She saw a girl probably the same age as her or more came to her with friendly gesture. Seeing her attitude, Shia guessed the girl is just like her, a new student. Her mixed colored hair and ocean eyes make her sticking out. Not that she has anything to say about that considering her own hair is somewhat catchy. Shia also noted that she wear rather casual cloth consist of t-shirt and skirt, combined with choker that has a unique look. Something that Shia want to try to wear sometime. She wonder what kind of Quirk does the girl had. Decide to stop her contemplation on the girl, Shia cease her wicked smile to friendly one.

"I'm also new student here. Nice to meet you Seig Chui..." she reach her hands for a handshake. But not just a simple handshake. She let out her dragon claws just to see how Seig react to her Quirk.

"I'm Shia Aghte...Remember that name. okay?" said Shia still with her friendly smile as she shake the girl hand.

fixed the "give handshake" scene from repeating

Seig didn't recoil, but her tone became serious. She looked down at the claw for a hand.

"If you're trying to threaten me, it won't work."

Seig turned her head up to look Shia dead in the eyes. She was in no way moved by this gesture of the girl, especially after such a friendly introduction from herself. She actually found this rather rude. That aside, she sighed and let her hand fall to her side.

"So, any idea where we're supposed to go here? I was gunna try to look for a reception desk or something."

She turned around to open the gate. She wasn't going to show it, but this girl scared her, made her uneasy. She didn't want her as an enemy. She didn't seem evil however. Just misunderstood. Maybe a kindred spirit lay beneath. She was unsure.

Edited by Xaciel
Addendum

"Like wise. Perhaps we can find the reception desk together. I was about to find it myself but the more the merrier i suppose" Said Shia as she turn off her claws.

Shia didn't take any moment to talk with Seig after their supposed "friendly" handshake. It's fine to think she is rude. It was intended after all. All the bad impression aside, Shia try her best not to show it to Seig that she actually had no clue about this school at all. She just follow where Seig going. Shia shadows still shown a majestic wings as if trying to threaten her second time however. Even though it seems to be in vain.

"does this school has some sort of welcoming ceremonial? i see no student run around the yard. maybe they at gym hall" suggested Shia 

Fixed repetitive words

Seig's music still blared in her ears as she walked. they were now playing Blumenkranz from a show she liked to watch called Kill la Kill. fantastic song and so sweet to the ears. it was even in German, which reminded her of her mother. as Seig made her way through the halls, they were strangely empty, which likely meant classes had started. ignoring the shadows, Seig walked toward a counter with a bell by it. she wrang the bell several times and waited for someone to answer. it was rather odd for a receptionist desk to not actually have a receptionist at the ready.

"just to let you know, i can't actually hear you. my music keeps my nerves in check so i don't have an anxiety attack. the only reason i know what you're saying is because i can read your lips."

unfortunately, it was normal for Seig to keep her headphones on most times, unless she really had to pay attention to something or couldn't read someone's lips, such as if they wore a mask or if it was through a radio she couldn't connect to. if it wasn't for her music, she wouldn't even be able to attend school. it allows her respite from everything she saw as wrong with the world, like a pair of tinted glasses for her ears. a solemn bubble of peace and tranquility, and was one of the few reasons she was remotely able to deal with people. without the music, she would have shut down all too long before her conversation with Shia.

That of course impress Shia. To read someone lips can be a good thing if the battle ahead of them have too much noise such an explosion. She admit that such an ability could make her a good teammate to be had. If she want to be her teammate that is. Judged by her tone, she already mark her as bad person. It didn't stop Shia from trying to make Seig feel cautious though. It's kind of fun since she didn't just freeze in fear.

"alright. nobody here, even receptionist. how rude of them ignoring heroes like us in confusion" said Shia as she also try to ring a bell

The hall is grand enough to be mistaken with a ballroom. But come to think of it, the road they both take to reach here is rather complicated although not tiring them much. Perhaps it was made on purpose to slow down any intruder. "smart" Shia thought. After all, her ability rely very much on her stamina. And she isn't that good to get it in shape.

Seig couldn't understand what was going on. The entire school was barren, empty. Was it a Saturday or something? She checked her phone, but it was a Wednesday. She let out a heavy sigh.

"come on guys, where is everybody? Bingo?"

She leaned against the wall as she began searching her song list. After selecting a new song, she pulled a recorder out of her back pouch and put it to her mouth and spoke.

"First day of school. Nobody is here. It's just me and another transfer with a quirk stranger than mine. I'm going to wait a while longer, and if nothing eventful happens i'll just wander around." A click stops the recorder as she puts it back in her pouch.

"So, Shia was it? Any particular reason you wanted to be a hero?"

Shia actually somewhat ticked when Seig said her talent are strange but she ignore that in a second.

Hearing Seig question, she sigh "My reason? Are you sure you want to listen?" she giggle before continue "it's nothing much of note really. I owe debt to my families and friend back home. So in return, i will be their heroes by watching over them and protect them to the fullest. With any mean, even if it mean being villain. I don't care about others, they can burn for all i care. not very hero material but then again, i never plan to be their hero either. this also apply to you by the way" said Shia without any sign of remorse.

"and what is your reason to be hero if i may ask?"

Seig's eyes shot up. She opened that door herself but wasn't expecting the question to come back at her. She couldn't tell her the truth. It wasn't for her.

"I'm wanting to protect people. That's all. I want everyone to know the world i see every day, the beauty of it. That everyone, no matter who they are, can smile and be happy."

it was generic. But it was spoke with passion, and it wasn't entirely false. She did wabt to help people. But for more reasons that just making them happy.

Shia honestly want to laugh but even so hearing her passion is ensure Shia that she may have someone dear to protect. But she won't bother to ask that for now.

"i honestly want to know about-" she almost said her weakness for a seconds "to know my power history. I let you in for a secret, while most people do get their power from their parent, mine is...unknown. but i'm sure this school can tell me what kind of power i am possess right now" Shia then point at her armored-like boots. "as you can see, i actually using my power all this time" she deactivate it and sure enough she barefoot but her hands end up show her claws. "my power is sure rather show off but i assure you i never meant to do it" said Shia as she summon back her boots. "if you won't mind, how about impress me with your power? entertain me since i'm getting bored here waiting" said Shia waving her hand as if try to say "do it as i command".