The Snack Bar

Ginger: Soon a cute freckled faced girl with red hair came over to Avery behind the bar. "Well hello there cutie. Can I get ya anything?" Ginger was one of the staff members that usually worked the bar and helped run the bar's various events to entertain guest. She smiled warmly at Avery as she leaned over the bar to him, her tank top showing of a bit of her cleavage. 

@PurePuppy

Avery was caught off guard by the very attractive bartender, with his eyes stuck looking at her chest for a moment. Ginger was the best sight he had seen all day. His face was bright pink after being referred to as a "cutie", he was used to receiving this kind of treatment from creeps back on the ship. Avery snapped out of it and made eye contact with Ginger "I'll have uhh..." he paused still dazed by her sweet voice "I'll have a piña colada, please" he continued. Avery watched the cute girl craft exactly what he needed.

@Lollipop

Edited by PurePuppy
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

StaffGinger: Ginger smiled and started making his drink. "No need to be nervous lad. I ain't gonna bite ya." She finishes making his drink and slides it across the counter to him. She the goes back to leaning on the bar.

"So, I ain't seen you around the island before. Are ya new? Need help figuring things out?" Ginger was quite knowledgeable about the island. Being a bartender meant she interacted with guest on a regular basis. This made her strive to do what she could to help those that might still be confused, or want to know what excitements the island had to offer.

@PurePuppy

((Sorry for the late reply. I should have responded way sooner.))

• Love 1

Avery caught the drink and took a sip of the cool white slush. "Mmmmm thank you" he exclaimed in satisfaction. It was perfect and exactly what he needed. "I'm starting to grow fond of this place every moment" he said smiling at Ginger. "Yeah, I'm one of the island's newer guests. I washed up here not too long ago" taking another sip before continuing "Where is most of the excitement at on the island?". Avery was curious about the other people on the island and wanted to know them better. Thinking maybe he could make a few friends while staying here. 

@Lollipop

(No problem at all :3)

StaffGinger: She smiled as she watched him take a sip of the drink. She was happy he seemed to enjoy it. "The island has a lot do. The Entertainment District is probably where most of the excitement. The Entertainment District has just about what ever you can think of. Arcades, movies, dance clubs. You name it, and its probably there. There's a hot spring attached to the Hotel." She eyes stare into his with an alluring gaze. "The Hot Spring is a good place to soak and relax. If you go there let me know. I'll scrub your back for you." She winks at him cutely. 

@PurePuppy

Edited by Lollipop

"oooo~ The Entertainment District sounds like a blast, I'll have to check it out" Avery said with his eyes lighting up with excitement. Ginger's flirting almost caused him to choke on his drink as he took another sip. Feeling more confident with some liquid courage Avery he plays along "you'll be the first to know and I'll scrub your back in return". He wasn't used to flirting with someone he was actually interested in let alone attracted to. He finished his drink licking his lips, checking her out before meeting her gaze again. "When do you get off? Maybe we can go soak after your shift" Avery returns the wink with a smile.

@Lollipop

• Love 1

StaffGinger: "So your interested. Well I can have someone cover for me any time. So I can end my shift when ever ya want." She grins playfully. "I'm up for showing you a good time when ever your ready." She was enjoying flirting with him. Plus she liked how cute he was. She also thought he would be fun to tease a bit. "Should we start with the bath, or do you want to take this date somewhere else first?"

@PurePuppy

• Love 1

"a date?" Avery blinked and blushed at the word. He had never been on a real date before, so this was sort of a big deal to him. Yeah, I think a date would be really sweet" he paused to think of a place to take her out at The Entertainment District. "You seem fun so how about we play some games at the arcade?" He looks back to her, seeing the playful grin still there filled his chest with warmth.

• Love 1

StaffGinger: She was a bit surprised that he chose to prolong their trip to the bath house so they could have a proper date first. She was just trying to tease him a bit. Most guest would have taken the opportunity to see her naked and maybe something more as soon as possible. But this turn of events was better. She appreciated the fact that he seemed to want to have fun with her.

"The arcade sounds like a good time to me. I'd love to take ya there. Just give me a sec."  She walks into the back room behind the counter. A minute later she comes back out, a hoodie tied around her waist. "Okay, I'm all set. I got someone to cover me. I'm ready when you are, Cutie."  She walks around the counter to him, ready to lead him to the Entertainment District when he was ready.

@PurePuppy

• Love 1

"wow this is actually happening" Avery thought as he watched Ginger come over to him. Though nothing should be too big of a surprise considering this whole island has some fantastical elements to it. Avery was caught up in the moment admiring Ginger until she spoke again with her sweet words. "Yeah, I'm ready to go" Avery held out his hand for Ginger to hold while they walked to The Entertainment District "lead the way".

@Lollipop

• Love 1

• 1 year later...

//I know it's been quite awhile since anyone's posted here, me especially,  however I just wanna RP here for the fun of it, even if this post gets ignored//

It was a hot day at the Sweet Treat Island, a particular hot that would want to make someone stay in doors with the A/C blasting. A hot day that would make someone hydrate the second they got, a fuckingly hot day that was not particularly a good one for the local maintenance man/hunter of Sweet Treat. Unfortunately he was stuck there with a broken down golf cart made into a maintenence vehicle by his truly. It was quite a walk to just push the small vehicle to the shop so he obliged to work on it in the middle of the sun on the scorching concrete of the Entertainment District. Right in front of an ice cream parlor too! 

"Tracy, thirteen-millimeter socket," One Amon said on the ground underneath the jacked up craft, "Annnd electric tape... I'm thinking a pair of dikes as well." 

Amon was a well built man, someone who went from just standard body to a guy who clearly could be mistaken for an athlete all thanks to his stay here at Sweet Treat. He had short hair and hazel eyes, followed by a stern expression, hard look, or as many said, "A resting bitch face." He wore a pair of Nikes and khaki shorts but was otherwise topless shoeing off the various scars and muscle he possessed, no sense in wearing a drenched t-shirt. Giving him the equipment he asked for was a 4'8" lithe individual,  another male with white hair, more or less on the scrawny side. 

Tracy was a recent addition to the island, a young man wore tight but comfortable clothes, he seemed very much feminine, however the only thing he really wore were white shorts that were now stained with oil and flip-flops. His eyes were a piercing blue that matched the white hair that came down to his ears with a bit of a curl at the ends. Tracy is one of Amons good friends from childhood even though they were three years apart from one another, it was because of the man on the ground that Tracy got put of a really bad situation in Houston, Texas. Much like Amon, Tracy had a second chance at life. 

"Well... Got the transmission hooked back up, only thing that needs to be connected is the battery," Tracy said in a soft voice to Amon as he set the items beside the man's leg, "You sure thus is gonna work, John?" 

"Pffft, of course it'll work!" Amon said aloud with optimism with that hint of sarcasm, although ge felt quite the opposite,  "It better work!" 

Tracy had known Amon since they were kids, the latter was always defending tge former from bullies due to Tracies... Eccentric tastes. He was always into feminine attractions which played into his sexuality one point, however when he had hit High-school and after a really bad breakup switched to women. Amon was still there to be a good friend. He had brought the young man to Sweet Treat Island as an assistant, he got Tracy set up in the apparent of the lads dreams and even signed him on as a staff for yge resort. Since then the pair were always working with one another let it be repairs, scouting the borders for monsters, guard duty, helping newcomers to the island, and much more. 

"Okay... Should be set," Amon announces as he slides from under the golf cart and gets up on his feet, he twisted the lever on the jack which lowered the vehicle abd too see the keys to Tracy who shut the hood, "Crank it up." 

Tracy nods and leans into the cart, he slips the key into the ignition. Turning the key, the vehicle sputters but after a solid few seconds the sputtering smoothed out to a solid turnover signaling the duos success. Both men sighed that breath of relief, they got into the cart and drove it quickly through the Entertainment District and due to there being barely anyone Amon drove lime a bat out if hell. When they got further from the hotel he would park the vehicle in the shadow of the Snack Bar, both hoping that it was cool inside and there was something to eat. And through the threshold they entered with high hopes... 

The bar was fairly empty today as on a handful of guest were there. Most of the resorts guests were probably at the beach during such a hot day. Standing behind the bar was Ginger, who was cleaning around a usually depressed looking Lollipop. Sitting at a table with her feet up and the rim of her cowboy hat covering her eyes, was Texas. 

Texas was another newer staff member, who had signed on to help as a member of the defense squad. She wore a pair of boots, blue jeans, and a red plaid shirt she had tied and knotted over her chest. 

Then Amon and Tracy walked in. As they entered, Ginger would look up and greet then Happily. 

Ginger: "Hello, you two! You look like yer avin a fun day!" She smiles at them. Then suddenly a hand from the other side of the bar reaches out to her holding a empty glass.

Lolli: "Ginger...I need -hiccup- I need another..." He was clearly already a few drinks in.

Ginger: "I'm in the middle of greetin customers. I'm cuttin you off Cuteness. Is mid day an that's yet forth one. I'm not enabling this behavior." She takes the glass from him and goes to clean it. "Amon. Tracy. You two come ave a seat and give me some better company than this poor thing. I'll fix you two up something cool to drink."

Lolli: "Awww...mean...-hiccup-" Lollipop's head flops back down on the bar defeated, His hand still reaching out for Ginger.

• Love 1

When they walked in there was a sigh of relief, immediately Amon shut the door to allow the cool air to not be molested by the outdoor heat. Tracy walked with the larger man taking a curious note of one, "Lolli," Who seemed piss drunk out of their mind. Once they got settled, Amon nodded to Ginger, by now his slight tan was covered by the pink hue of his sunburnt body which the much smaller of the duo had it much worse. They could both feel the unforgiving effects of being out in the sun, since the break of dawn they had gone around doing repairs and of course keeping an eye out for trouble. 

"Just living the dream, Ginger," Amon responds sarcastically in a not so enthusiastic tone, "If it ain't the plumbing or air conditioning units it's the damn vehicles. Bitch of a mess to clean up melted tires and busted hot septic, hoping we get a rainy day... Days to kinda cool things off." 

A rainy day was blasphemy,  but given Amons original home, Texas, he simply spoke as if he still lived there. Of course it was was also rare when he complained. Tracy meanwhile was looking over one of the menu's to figure out what he wanted,  already his partner had decided on his choice of food. Amon of course ignored the man who was seemingly passed out on the bar given the shenanigans Lollipop could pull, given the type of entity he was, the hunter was surprised that Lollipop could get drunk. Hell, he might not even be passed out. 

Amon continued talking after giving Texas a quick once-over, he didn't talk to her given there really was never a chance to do so,  but work was work. He said to Ginger, "Monster's are getting a bit bold these days, don't know of it's all the tourists or what, took out five this morning trying to breach the fencing. Also got a nice elk, having steaks tonight if you wanna join?"

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Love 1

Ginger: "That's terrible. Sounds like your avin a hell of time." She sits too big glasses of lemonade in front of the pair. "You go ahead and relax a while." 

She smiles at Amon's offer for steak, then looks at the little blonde drunk face down on the bar. She sigh. "I'd take you up on your offer in a heart beat, but I'll have to be able to find a sitter." She pats Lolli on the head with a small smile. "In fact part of the problems your having maybe on account of him and his currently off island other half. Mint's currently away on building for the island, but things are taking longer than expected. It might be the lack of protective presence that the monsters are wandering closer."

She takes their orders when ready then explains Lollipop's roll. "As for this one, his power over the island is more focused on keeping things running, but with him all down in the dumps because his beloved other half has been away so long, things may be on the fritz a bit more than usual. Might also explain why things are a bit hotter too." She shares her head as she starts to prepare their food. "Deities are such a handful sometimes." 

Lolli: With out moving a weary voice comes from the mess of flowing blonde hair down the bar from them. "...sorry..."

• Love 1

"Huh... Didn't know old 'Pop controls the weather," Amon responds as he grasps the cold glass, "Sorry to hear that, another time then? Probably bring him along if you'd like, get the poor bastard outta the dumps." 

"John," Tracy says a little quietly after finishing a quarter of his lemonade, "What about that girl, over there with the hat?" 

"Texas?" Amon whispered back, "Nah, best leave her be, don't wanna bother someone who don't wanna be bothered in the first place," Amon then went to a regular tone, "Besides, Rangers might be playing tonight, probably gonna pop on the game and relax on my lonesome. Speaking of lonesome, Ginger, you seen Vanilla around here? Supposed to give her something but guess she's been busy?" 

Meanwhile,  Tracy continued to look over the menu and starts to write everything he wanted on a white napkin. He was still shy around the women of Sweet Treat and didn't go out of his way to really talk to them. After his bad breakup he wasn't too sure how to approach ladies for the time being, instead sticking to Amon for guidance and training as a staff member. After he was done the young man slid the note forward, an... Extensive list that was meant for two meals. He starts to simply sip his lemonade while Amon finally takes his first long drink. 

• Love 1

Ginger: She would see the note and pick it up. After taking a bit to look it over she would nod to Tracy and open the door to the kitchen. Through the doorway a girl sitting on a stool reading a book could be seen. She looks up at Ginger and closes her book before taking the slip of paper, looking over it slowly. She then looks back to Ginger and nods silently before standing and stepping away from the door. "Thanks Cinna." Ginger then turns back to the counter just in time for Amon to ask her about Vanilla. "Oh, Vani...well she's been-"

Texas: "And just who says I don't want to be bothered?" Texas cut off Ginger before she can finish. A pair of blue ords peering out from under her hat, looking directly at Amon. 

• Love 1

The tone and voice was caught by the ears of Amon and Tracy, both of which turned their heads. Blue orbs pierced through the bigger man which allowed him to lock eyes with Texas, well at least look at her face. His hazel irises looked on for just a few seconds as of to guage the demeanor and think of a proper response, he wasn't one for assuming normally, which if the tables were turned he'd likely address the lady or whoever else as well. But there was always the pitfall of assumption and confrontation, which he seemed to be a victim of this time around. 

"My apologies, " Amon nods, "Figured you were taking a nap with what your boots propped up. I'd reckon-" 

Immediately Tracy interrupts,  "My friend here was wanting to know of you'd like a steak dinner with him? Sorry, he tends to be a bit shy." 

Amon likely about skapoed the shit out of his partner... But, it was the least Tracy could do. Amon wasn't one for approaching people, that was his first problem was that he wasn't necessarily a people person. He always stayed in the background watching and observing, determining how best to avoid or approach someone given his trust issues. He sort of came out of that shell after making friends with Vanilla and Ginger who he regularly checks in on, a force of habit, he knew the two could easily handle themselves but still then Amon tends to kick whatever ass needed kicking from belligerent guests to individuals making unwanted advances. Lord forbid he get stabbed by a knife for the sixth time. 

"Well... Guess my offer stands. Interested in something like that?" Amon responds after Tracy. 

• Love 1

Texas: She stared at Amon from under the rim of her hat. "I'm ain't one to turn down a free meal. Especially steak." 

Ginger suddenly seemed tensed as she watched Texas engage in conversation with Amon. But Texas paid her no mind. "If I remember correct, your that fella I heard the captain praising before. You got here before me. Guess that makes ya my senior. My name's Texas, like the state."

• Love 1

Amon noticed the sudden tension from Ginger from his peripheral. Either she was weary of Texas, fear maybe, or there was something that the lady in the jeans did something in the past to make the redhead cautious. Whatever the case he paid no mind to Ginger and if anything... Maybe it was for the best, he wasn't necessarily the type of person to show emotion lest it was needed, but in his mind maybe Ginger was intimidated? It wasn't that he didn't care for Ginger, just that the situation called for a calm attitude and not one of major concern. Momma didn't raise no bitch, after all.

"Appraisal I hear?" Amon smirked while he said the words sarcastically, the Texas draw coming from his tone, "Damn, I reckoned with how often I get in trouble it'd be the opposite! Name's Amon, kinda like the cheesy biblical phrase." 

There was a sudden change in demeanor in Amon that wasn't necessarily present, but those who knew him like Tracy or those who've felt him at least could tell his muscles relaxed just slightly. It wasn't often he met another Southerner especially in a place like Sweet Treat, where, and he quoted, "A lot of pansy ass cityfolk reside." He never referred to the staff of course, just a lot of the thugs and uppity white bread cumbuckets that cause trouble or are so damn entitled to whatever... Or both. Tracy paid a little more mind to Ginger and to help get her mind off Texas, he quickly finished his drink, held in the pain of the brain freeze like a champ, and scooted the talk glass her way.

"M-May I please have more...?" Tracy asked quietly as to not be noticed by the tougher woman across the interior. 

"What brings you here to Sweet Treat Island, if I may ask? Not a lot of country folk tend to come around these parts." Amon asked as he leaned his back against the bar, now fully facing Texas. 

Texas: She sits up a bit in her chair and looks off to the side. "Well...you might be aware of how some people end up here, am I right? Some are drawn here by a need or purpose, or what have you. Others, find themselves here because of some weird resonance they have with the ideals that our benefactors built this place on. Then there are other varying...reasons..."

She pauses for a moment in thought as if trying to find the right words. Then she sighs. "As for me...well I died."  Her voice had very little emotion behind the words. At least not as much as one would expect for someone talking about their own death. "Well, more or less. Anyway, I guess when it happened something about this place called out to me. So instead of ended here...in paradise."

Ginger: She seemed like she was intent on keeping an eye on Texas, until Tracey snapped her back to attention. She turned to him with a smile. "Oh, sure thing cutie." She takes the glass and gets him a refill. "I hope Amon been showing you the ropes properly. I haven't asked yet. How are you settling in?"

• Love 1

"Oh! Thank you. Well, John's actually been doing a lot fir me, even convinced me to move out here after some fallout bac home," Tracy said quietly as to not be rude in front of his friend and Texas, "As far as settling in... Well... He's been pushing fir me to get to know the ladies, as he called it, more the staff than anything. Other than that it's a nice island, I just don't like the way some of the guys aroukd here look at me. I think it goes with John's strength and self defense training that I look buffer... Or something along those lines." 

"Ah... Hmm..." Amon starts after hearing that Texas had died, not sure how to turn the conversation or continue it, he at least tried his best and sounded genuine, "Okay... It's a second chance right? That's how I viewed it when I came here. Wasn't the friendliest guy to be around a couple years back, breaking necks, snapping bones, that sorta thing." 

Amon was not one to generally talk this much to strangers let alone anyone to begin with except for people he absolutely knew. That said, opening up about his upbringing on Sweet Treat which did get pretty violent more than occasionally, was rare in its own. The only two people who witnessed the dark passenger of Amon were Vanilla and Ginger, he's buried or burned bodies but even that was rare nowadays. Anymore he was enjoying fights as they came. He wasn't sure exactly what Texas was like, but wasn't that half the adventure?

But Amon continued changing the subject of death with his second sentence, "This place is ideal for paradise ain't it? You know what, I've actually been working on a pet project... Two projects as of late if you'd like to see them? When it cools off of course, don't wanna give anyone a heat flash."

• Love 1

Texas: "Projects? Don't tell me you've been working in the garage with wrench jocky, Coco?" She whistles and grins a bit, her demeanor becoming a bit more relaxed and less intense. "Handyman, Hunter, Guard, and now some kinda inventor or something? You really like to keep busy, huh?"

Texas was known for being a bit confrontational. More so than any of the other staff, if the need for altercation to turn physical came up, she'd would be the first to answer the call. Her attitude would tend land her in hot water, with both Vanilla, and Mint, the island's other Diety and founder of the Defense squad. She had of habit of letting her mouth say more than it ought to, which would constantly get her into fights. But Vanilla, Mint, and Ginger, swear that her heart is always in the right place even if she's terrible at showing it. Amon can probably sense that Texas had initially spoke with him with not so friendly intentions, even if he may not of understood why, but she seemed to have moved away from that and was genuinely interested in him. 

"Yea, sure, I check out your little project. But if it's boring, I'm not going to hide that."

Ginger: She giggles when he talks about how other guys look at him. "Well not to be rude, but it probably has more a do wit that cute face of yours more so than anything else." She nods her head over at Lollipop still seeming depressed and drunk as he's slumped over the bar. "Thanks largely in part to him, guy's like you with cute faces are pretty popular around here. Well him and Cherrybomb."

She smiles and leans over the bar closer to him, resting on her elbows. "The good news is, your also pretty popular with ladies too." She gives him a wink. "If you want I can set you up with some dates. I know girls on the staff that would love to spend time with you. Not to mention myself too."

• Love 1

"Ehh I dabble here and there, Coco has been some help but it's mostly been me. Now that you bring it up I might have three projects to show you. But I do keep myself distracted, hell even in tropic storms I'm still out and about doing stuff." Amon replies with a creeping smirk of his own, Texas was indulging with actual interest which made the man more talkative. And it was a good confidence boost. Best not to stroke himself off in the metaphorical sense, "Garage ain't too far from here. Knowing Coco she probably has ot shit down today for the A/C, we could shoot over real quick and I could show you what I'm working on... Ah shit, first I gotta eat! Don't want my head exploding on the pavement."

Tracy for his part had a blush across his face and he was almost looking downward at the bar counter. It wasnt often he got compliments from women especially when he was always around guys, it was a nice change of pace for once. Tracy tried to find the words for the compliments and even the offer for Ginger to help him find a few hookups! Maybe he shouldn't have protested Amon so much about this whole Sweet Treat ordeal? 

"O-oh! Umm thank you... I guess I could use the help... If you wouldn't mind?" Tracirs reply was soft but he felt his heart beating so fast, especially when Ginger was this close and looking right at the white haired man. His eyes glanced up and locked with her red ones, abd without much thought he blurted, "I... I don't see why you wouldn't want to.... You know... Why I couldn't spend time with you?"

• Love 1

Texas: she smirks. "Need to fill up fore you head out. I can wait." She relaxes in her seat again. "Then we can go check out these projects of yours." She looks  over and sees two plates being set up the window that opens to the kitchen behind the counter. "Speaking of which..." She then whistles at Ginger.

Ginger was smiling as Tracy had basically asked her out, then looks over as Texas whistles at her. "Oh! Hold that thought. Your foods ready." She goes over to the window and grabs the plates and brings them back to the bar and sets them down. "There you two go. Some tasty meals for some ya. Go ahead and dig in, while I try to sort out..." she looks over at Lollipop. "...this mess, so I can see If I can actually have some free time tonight." She winks at Tracy as she pulls out her phone and begins to make a call.

• Love 1

//Sorry to throw this at ya, is there a Pic of Texas by chance? If not it's all good, I can also provide one for Tracy if thats alright with you//

Amon went from agreeing with Texas to the food that was delivered. Tracy always knew what to order, so the larger man starts to dig in while the white haired partner nods to Ginger. His heart racsd fast as the blush remained on his face, questioning every little thing that could possibly happen. Fortunately Tracy remained somewhat calm as his plate arrived, his stomach growled lowly and soon starts to dig in himself. 

As usual the food was always good not that Amon hasn't been complimenting Gingers skills, which he does remind her usually that she was a badass cook, today he didn't think about it. When he says nothing it usually meant she outdid herself at that time. After wolfing everything down Amon wiped his mouth of any stray sauce, then he popped a piece of spearmint gum after downing the half glass of lemonade.  While he starts to pack up the next two plates of food into to-go containers, Tracy for his part only ate a third of his dish and he too starts to pack everything up. Food for tomorrow, Amon still had elk on his mind. 

"Think that about wraps it up," Amon states as he grabs what he needs, he allowed a few minutes to pass for everything to settle, "I'm ready when you are, Texas. Tracy?" 

"I'll stay here for now, I don't feel like running around in the heat with a full stomach." Tracy replies with a half truth, really he wanted to be in the coolness of the bar and hang out for a while. 

Amon nods and got up, stretching himself out as he did abd looked over to Texas, "You ready?'

• Love 1