The Snack Bar

The Snack Bar is a bar built into the side of the Honeydew Hotel. It's where guest can go to mingle with other guest and staff while have a nice drink. During the day it's usually fairly tame, but most nights the bar hold special events to encourage the guest to have fun in many, and often perverse, ways. The bars most famous event is The Cattle Run, where staff dress up in sexy cow outfits and guest have to chase and catch them so they can be thoroughly "milked". Winners get to have a fresh, full mug of "Milk" from the cow they caught. That and more await you at The Snack Bar, so come on by a d have a drink.

Val looked at the cherry blossom tree in full bloom in front of the snack bar. The gentle breeze blowing the petals. He turned back to the bar and set out 4 cups, one in front of him, 3 in front of other stools and poured sake into each cup. "I feel like Destiny will find some drinking partners for me this day."  Valrei looked back to the girl behind the bar, "What is your name beautiful? What do YOU do for fun around here?" he said smiling slightly.

Brian, trusting his nose to guide him true, walks into the snack bar with a determined stride. He slides into a seat next to the man already there, absently noting his ever-so-slightly inhuman features. Noticing that the other man is working on the bartender, he decides not to say anything, merely nodding politely and raising the glass in front of his seat - sake? Huh - in a sort of "good luck" gesture. He takes a sip; not what he's used to, but it'll do. Brian considers the bartender for a moment as he savors the taste. This guy has good taste, whoever he is. I'll have to find out if that bartender has a sibling at some point, hopefully before she gets too, uh, occupied.

@Balthier& @Peculiarity

StaffToffee: "Oh, my name is Toffee. I just work the bar usually Mister. Well that and help organize our events we have here."Toffee had short black hair and seemed pretty tomboyish. She had tan skin aswell.

StaffGinger: Another tomboyish looking girl with long red curly hair greeted Brian. "Looking for some grub? Come on in and have yourself a seat Mister!" She seemed pretty aggressive, but friendly. 

@Lollipop (OOC: You're throwing a redheaded tomboy at me? Hello, new best friend!)

You know, it feels like someone's reading my thoughts sometimes. Out loud, he says, "That'd be lovely, thanks. I'd be grateful if you could whip up a tuna salad for me. I missed a meal getting here." In a blatant display of plot-driven timing, his stomach chooses this exact moment to growl gently. He chuckles. "I might need dessert afterwards - got any recommendations on that front?"

StaffGinger: She giggles when she hears his stomach growl. "Desert indeed. Oh, you know what? You have gotta try our pie! Best apple pie you'll have, honest!" She grabs a menu and sits it down in front of him. "But just in ya in a pie kind of mood, this is our menu." The menu was pretty big. There was definitely a lot in on. She waves back to another staff girl at the kitchen window who nods back and disappears from the window. "Your tuna salad will be done real soon. Would you like another drink?"

"Nah," he says. "I still have some left." He scans the menu briefly, taking another sip of his sake as he does so. She's right; there is a lot of good-looking stuff here. But... "OK, I'll bite. Let's try the apple pie, then." He hands the menu back, then takes a look around. A chalkboard labeled "Upcoming Events" sits in a corner, but the contents are sightly too small for him to read from this distance. "By the way, what are these events all about?" he asks, waving a hand absently in the general direction of the board.

@Peculiarity

StaffGinger: She looks over when he motions to the sign and she starts giggle. "Oh! Well those are to keep people entertained and coming back. You know how some bars have a happy hour, or ladies night where drinks for women are half off and such? Well we have events. Usually in the evenings. Things like: All you can drink body shots, bar dancing, and a game called "Make 'Em Squeal". Mostly perverted stuff for sure." She shoots him a playful wink. "But our most popular event is "The Cattle Run"! That's the event they have me MC the most. I get my cowboy hat and spurs and help wrangle cuties dressed in cow costume. Ain't nobody on this island better at hog tying a lubed up cow girl or boy better than me!" She nods her head proudly.

@Lollipop

"Hello Toffee. First I raise a glass to thine beauty." He downs the glass of sake and pours himself another. "Do they allow you to drink on the job cuteness?"

@PeculiarityVal looks over at the new arrival, "Welcome man. I am Val of Mount Moiwa. I dare say, I like the cut of your jib. Since Destiny has brought us here today, will you join me in a drink? And what is this 'APPLE PIE' you speaks of?"

Edited by Balthier

Yuumi was finding this whole scenario surreal and rather than heading for her room she decided she needed a drink. Casually she made her way to The Snack Bar and sat at a bar stool without thought, she saw a glass in front of her with saké in if and glanced over, gently waving at the others having a conversation, “so sorry to bother, is this seat taken?”

"It was meant just for you actually gorgeous. I was about to propose a toast, if you care to join us? That glass before you is filled with unfiltered Nigori saké of a fine vintage.  It was meant for you." Val raises his glass high and looks around, "To new friends, and new experiences!" Winking at Toffee, "KOMPAI!" He downs his second glass of sake.

"AHHHH! Such a good bottle, this saké!" Looking to Yuumi, "I am Val of Mount Moiwa, may I compliment your beauty, and ask your name?"

Edited by Balthier

Zeddicus walks over to the area infront of the bar not far from where the people are chatting. “Greetings my good people! Mind if I join you all for a drink?” As he said drink he twirls his hand around and poof! One appeared. He bring it to his lips to taste just to make an awful face. “To light, need something heavier.” He tosses the glass into the air for it to turn into a bird that flies away. 

“Mmmmm I got it!” With another roll of the wrist Poof comes another glass. This time he grabs his staff touches the blue sphere to the glass and ‘pours’ a milky blue liquid into the glass. Letting go of the staff he brings it up to his lips to taste. His eyes go wide and as he starts coughing. “Strong.” But it was delicious. (Think 120poof blueberry milk)

Yuumi toasted with him and took a sip gracefully as she closed her eyes to savour it. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Val. At least there is courtesy Which is refreshing to see honestly.” She chuckled a moment, “My name is simply Yuumi. Pleasure to meet you all.”

She then noticed another energetic fellow join them. She replied to his request of joining them, “I don’t see any reason not to.” But she noticed he was already making himself comfortable within the group without needing their confirmation. As he began blatantly showing off his magical abilities Yuumi tipped her hat to cover her face. She needed a moment to take it in and readjust her logic. Here the rules were different and not like her world where magic was to be a hidden thing.

Taking another glance around at the party that was forming, along with the people she saw back in the hotel lobby, she did notice everyone around here seemed unique in one way or another and that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. When her logic was readjusted and she was calmer about the displays of magic, she raised her hat again to show her face which had a peaceful smile on it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"thank you miss peach, i take care myself from here. thank you for your help" She give tip to the staff who seems confused by the gesture before she left with the strange looking coins. As she enter the place, she find it already filled with the noise of glass, pouring drinks and other thing that make this place called snack bar. She take a seat not very far from the bar table. After that, she raise her hand to get attention of the wandering waitress. She didn't wave or anything, just statically raise her hand, making her completely like figurative doll of the bar. She frown as it seems everyone mistake her for decor.

"waitress? can i have cheesecake here?" she ask as she tap her cane to the floor

StaffToffee: She Giggles. "There's not much they don't allow us to do while working at the bar. No need for professionalism. No uniforms. And of course, we can drink. Well not so much we can't do our jobs though, but enough to have so fun."

She notices Magnolia ordering cheesecake. "One sec Miss! We're a couple girls short at the moment." She jumps back to the kitchen window and gives a hand sign. She then walks over to the bar again and takes one of Val's glasses and down it. "Woo! Your cheesecake will be over in a couple minutes Miss!")

She then looks at Yuumi smiling. "Would you like another drink Miss Yuumi?"

After wondering around the island for something to do Yukki felt her belly growl and felt thirsty. “I need something to eat...I should go to the snack bar...” She enters the place seeing people who she had seen at the hotel and also new people as well as Val who was the only person she had talked to. She toke a seat next to him giving him a small wave.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Lollipop said:

She notices Magnolia ordering cheesecake. "One sec Miss! We're a couple girls short at the moment." She jumps back to the kitchen window and gives a hand sign. She then walks over to the bar again and takes one of Val's glasses and down it. "Woo! Your cheesecake will be over in a couple minutes Miss!")

Magnolia nod at the waitress notice. She isn't hungry that bad, she just need something to eat while wondering where she can find her father. The place so far had her amazed couple of times. Perhaps because she never seen such a place with much light in contrast of her own world. Sure enough she remind herself of her old home. Who is the person lie in front of her when she awake? Is he a doll? she feel there's something related to her but she don't get much out of it...

"father..." she mumble "well, no matter, i can think that later. for now, tea time" she said as she wait for the waitress to bring her delicious cheesecake.

StaffGinger: As Ginger describes the bars various events another Staff girl comes out from the Kitchen holding a couple of plates. She stands behind Ginger with a dull expression and pokes her in the back. Ginger turns and smiles at her. "Oh! Thanks! You should have yelled for me hun. I would have came and got them. I guess I got distracted. But thanks for bringing them to me. Your awesome!" She Pat's quiet girl on her head causing her to look down at her feet as a blush spreads across her face. Ginger smiles more and the takes two plates off the tray. She then tilts Cinnamon's head up to look at her. "Okay do me a favor and take that last plate to the girl over there. Thanks Cinnamon!" She Pat's Cinnamon on the butt to send her on her way.

StaffCinnamon: She brings the plate to Magnolia and sits it on the Table and bows with out saying anything.

She smile as she get the cake. Sure enough its the same cake she at when she come here. The smell, the texture, the portion...and the memories. "bad thought, no bad thought when its on relax time" she said as she begin to eat the cake. Come to think of it, the waitress just now, is she mute or is she having bad day? But she do her job by bringing her cake though so she let it slide. Somehow a rude manner get her annoyed because there's voice of scolding man inside her head when that waitress come and gone without words just like that. 

"Don't assume the worst Magnolia...its not good manner either" she scold herself as she enjoy her 'tea time'. She look at her surrounding. So many people with much unique look or race. She look at her hands and wonder if she could call herself human "oh yeah, i'm a doll. silly me" she giggle as she continue to her own business.

Edited by Elena Ichinomiya

Zeddicus looks around for a moment. ”Tough crowd today. Alright, let's step this up just a notch.” Taking a sip from his drink he forms a large illusion of shimmering colored lights to envelop the area for a few minutes. Making a gorgeous aurora across the sky right above bar. 

”Now time for some music.” he claps his hands then out of his staff come a small happy beat of music. An Orchestra of sounds that a unique to whoever is listening so it us based off what the person wants to hear. 

Edited by Kerzin Kalamond

Val was feeling loose of tongue thanks to the saké thus far. "Welcome fellow travelers!" He was happy to be around people, 700 years sealed away, and now this banishment wasn't looking bad at all. The numerous beautiful ladies particularly excited him.

He turned to Yuumi, he felt a strange familiarity that he couldn't place. "Welcome Yuumi. You must have an old soul, I feel drawn to you somwehow. If I may?" He reached for Yuumi's hand, his inhibitions gone, pulled it up, and kissed her hand gently before releasing it.

He looked to Zeddicus, laighing now, "You there, might I have your name? That is some trick!  Black magic?"

He also caught Magnolia come and sit near.  She look very subdued. "Toffee, would you be so kind as to send a glass of this fine saké to the beautiful doll sitting alone, with my compliments?"

• Like 1

@Balthier
Zeddicus laughs softly. ”Black magic? No, I don’t have much talent in the darker arts. This is just some low-end conjuring and illusions. Entertaining to see and look at but nothing dark at all. In general Black magic isn't something to be feared but rather embraced.” he takes on more of a teaching tone. ”Darkness is very much a part of Light, you can't have one without the other. Magic is magic, A part of life, a part of death, and a tool to be used by those that can use it. It is a vast ocean that can take you anywhere.”

StaffToffee: "Sure thing Mister Val!" She pours another glass and starts to skip over to Magnolia. On her way over she passes Cinnamon and stops for a sec to get her attention. She uses Sign language to tell her -I'll need your help at the counter.- Cinnamon looks around for second and then nods as she walks over to the counter and waits. Toffee then continues over to Magnolia. "Here ya go Miss! This is from the cute guy over at the counter." She points to Val.