The Snack Bar

Yuumi nodded towards the waitress in response to a request for more booze before her hand is kissed by one of the gentlemen. “I believe it to be so. I have power that of my ancestors so it is likely I may retain some of their souls in my own.”

As Zedd continues to light up the restaurant, Yuumi couldn’t help but teasingly comment, “Well where you do have a point in your comment about magic, I personally do not believe it should be a reason use it so carefree, but in whatever world you’re from, I guess it may be more of a standard thing compared to the one I’m from.”

Edited by YokoYamichi

@AirAllie14 & @Kerzin Kalamond

StaffBJ: "Sorry I'm late everyone! You should check out the sky out side! It's crazy beautiful! I get to the back and start..." BJ almost bumps into Yukki as she Enters the bar. "Opps! Sorry bout that Miss. I'm all thumbs today." She chuckles a bit

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Zeddicus smiles slightly and nods his head at Yuumi “So this is a nexus between worlds. I couldn’t make out the the type of magic used to make this place.“ he looks thoughtful for a moment. “If you would wish to discuss the finer points of magic I am always interested in hearing how it may work differently across the multiverse. Maybe we teach each other something?” He finished sounding somewhat hopeful. “You do give off a rather interesting aura.”

@Lollipop "Here ya go Miss! This is from the cute guy over at the counter." She points to Val.

She nod at the waitress and see her walk away to serve other. She look at the drink which is rather alien to her. Its somewhat transparent and it smell strong unlike tea. And more importantly, it make her feel funny just smelling it. "Goodness what kind of drink is this?" she thought. At first she don't want to take it but her manner code dictate to at least sip it. "well, who knows?" she thought before take sip of it but not without making face due to the smell. "oh word...the smell really put me on...swaying mood" she said as she hold her cane. "...well...at least i honor the person gift...but still, it be another waste if i left it just like that..." she take the glass and gulp it all down.

"...ack!"

She cough hard for sometime, it cause her hand to transform into iron ball as she hit her chest and finally she calm down "whoa there...that was strongest drink i ever had..." she said as she try to keep balance. She look at the marking on the glass "sake? for god sake...goodness am i just make pun? my word, am i drunk father?" she thought in confusion. But in the end, she continue to eat her cheesecake.

"waitress!" she wave at the staff "give the same Licorice tea for the dude who give me this...sake? i dunno whatcha young girl call it just give that man my drink..." she fell silent "did i use that tone? goodness, drunk really make me out of character" she frown as she take another bite of her cake.

Edited by Elena Ichinomiya
add quote

3 hours ago, Lollipop said:

@AirAllie14 & @Kerzin Kalamond

StaffBJ: "Sorry I'm late everyone! You should check out the sky out side! It's crazy beautiful! I get to the back and start..." BJ almost bumps into Yukki as she Enters the bar. "Opps! Sorry bout that Miss. I'm all thumbs today." She chuckles a bit

Yukki blinked and said, “oh um, it’s ok..” she takes a seat. She look at a waitress asking politely, “um excuse me? Can I have something to eat please? Anything really I’m starving.”

• Love 1

A small gnawing hunger in the pit of his stomach reminds Zeddicus that he hasn’t eaten since breakfast this morning and it was only buttered toast. The smells of the food in the air feed into that hunger, the cakes being eaten seem so tantalizing but he has a hunger for something else right now. His eyes closing partly as his lips curl up in a slight smile, just thinking about makes his core growl in protest. His hand loses on his drink as a small disk of light forms underneath it, his mind racing with the possibilities of what possible delights they may have here and hope for the one he really wants. 

Just thinking about it makes him feel like he is floating toward the counter, which he is, sometimes when he really gets excited his ability to fly triggers on its own without him needing to concentrate. He can feel his mouth watering as he takes the seat next to the fellow, he presumes, caster. Sitting lightly in the chair and wiggling some to adjust to a comfortable arrangement with his hands rubbing together in eager excitement. He raises his hand to get the attention of the staff member, his eyes and posture radiating hope that they have the simple delight he so craves. “Pardon me, Would I be able to get a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich with apple jelly? Please and thank you.” He spoke kindly and calmly despite the obvious state he is in. 

Oh he is ready for this, he likes to treat himself to one at least once a week and he is over due by far. So joyous he is he forgets about the potency of his drink as he grabs it from the disc to bring to his mouth. The sweet taste of blueberries goes so well with the thick creamy delight of its milky texture is soothing with the alcoholic burn as he swallows. That burning sensation going down his throat to be chased by a fresh cooling chill makes this drink something magical and to be treasured. It took him several months of conjuring to get it to perfection, several times he almost gave up but he pushed through some awful works to get to the one he has now. 

Letting out a sigh of contentment as the sensation spreads into his stomach to calm the hunger for the moment he places the drink back onto the disk to which it suddenly duplicates into several of the same drink on floating disk that he wills to move to each other person at the bar. “I would be honored for y’all to try this, I have been working on it for sometime now and I feel it is worthy to be shared with my fellow patrons of this fine establishment.” He finished happily, feeling quiet good about himself and his work. 

Edited by Kerzin Kalamond

(OOC: I'm so sorry for the delay! ;-; I'm afraid I can only be on for a couple hours each day in the evenings, so this is unfortunately going to be a common thing for me.)

@Lollipop @Balthier

Brian shakes his head, dazed. Did I fall asleep for a bit? That sake must have been stronger than it seemed! He recalls the bartender's explanation of the various events, then falling towards the counter before he could reply to the man's greeting. Oh dear. "Sorry about that, man; I guess I'm more of a lightweight than I thought." He struggles to think for a moment. "Uh, apple pie is basically sweet dough shaped into a bowl and filled with apples, then baked. Really good stuff. I'm honestly having trouble believing that you've never had it, but eh. All walks of life and all that."

StaffBJ: She winks at Yukki as she turns to walk behind the bar. "Anyone serve ya yet? If not, I'll take your order." 

StaffGinger: "Well it's about time BJ! We can't start set for event when we're so short handed! 

StaffBJ: "I said I'm sorry lass. Calm yourself already!" 

StaffGinger: She turns back to Brian and places his food on the table. "Anyway, there you go. Ready for you to eat!"

Meanwhile...

StaffToffee: She takes the drink the Magnolia gave her and Brings it to Val. "I'm not really sure of how much of a fan she was of Sake. But she wanted you to have this." She slides the glass over to him. 

She turns her sights to Zeddicus, and sees Cinnamon is already working on his Sandwich. "Sorry if your hoping to get conversation out her Mister. Cinnamon isn't much for words, so I hope you don't take it personally."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Brian gives Ginger a (still somewhat sleepy) smile. "Thanks much. I hope I didn't drool on your bar, by the way..." He picks up his fork and takes an experimental bite, before nodding and digging in. That's some seriously fresh tuna. I wonder if they catch it themselves or if it's more magic nonsense at work.

Excellent impression you've made, there, Brian. Very smooth. "Ah, darn. Is she still around here somewhere? I'd like to thank her if she isn't too busy." And apologize for the faux pas. Seriously, though, what was in that sake? He glares at the offending substance. It doesn't seem to care.

StaffGinger: She points to an expressionless girl working behind the bar making food. She had long platinum hair and didn't seem to talk. Now and then one might notice Toffee talking to her Sign language or making sure they had direct eye contact when she spoke to her.  

"I wouldn't worry too much about apologizing though. She probably preferred that you were a bit out of it. She's a bit shy, but she loved to cook and likes the bar. And she likes watching everyone have a good time."

8 hours ago, Kerzin Kalamond said:

“I would be honored for y’all to try this, I have been working on it for sometime now and I feel it is worthy to be shared with my fellow patrons of this fine establishment.”

As she still recover from her stupor, another drink came up again. Strange, she didn't order a thing yet. After hearing the words from the person who share this drink, Magnolia give the man silent nod as thankful gesture. Still though, this drink is another strong scented one. "ughh...another sake? but its rather colorful and smell like fruit. or whatever people call it..." she thought as she saw the drink. Sure enough this may cause her body to stir up again but once again her manner come first. "at least since the person who give me this drink chug it all without problem...guess its fine" she thought as she drink it. There's no resist at all from her body but still, the smell is rather strong so she stop for a second.

"gah...my word that's...eh?" she realize her arms let out some steam "g-great what now?" she grunt. Her arms keep let out some smoke and finally her entire body feel hot. "father, this is too much!" she said as she put away her coat, leaving her only with red shirt and black tie. As she did so, every curve of her body revealed include her well-endowed chest. Though not exactly that big, its still surprising how she hide it so well. "oh now i feel cooled off...goodness this bar is full of jack in the box" she grumble as she eat last slice of her cake.

Edit her clothing state. Magnolia arms are mechanically exposed, not covered at all except by her coat.

Zeddicus nods and smiles politely. The smells killing him into a happy state for it looks so delicious. “Hello Cinnamon!” He herd her being called such so goes with it. “The food looks most delicious and I want you to know how much I appreciate what you are doing.” his voice comes out smooth and happy, almost bouncing in his seat. 

To Toffee he says. “Understandable, I have had students like that as well. It just takes time, kindness, and patients. When they get ready they will come out when needed, but before then just shelter and guidance is best.” He said with warmth. His smile is one of ease and understanding. But then his stomach lets out an growl which brings a flush to his cheeks. Getting lost in thoughts and speaking to the staff hasn’t dulled that part any at all. 

@Elena Ichinomiya

Zeddicus turns in his seat to watch the woman impressively handle the drink, feeling somewhat in awe by her fortitude and curious by what kind of being she is. By looks she is very easy on the eyes, a normal man can get lost looking at those curves, but he isn’t a normal man. He hasn’t seen anything like her before in his years of research and traveling. I wonder if I could study her... no you are on vacation. “How did you enjoy the drink,” he ask curiously. “What are your thoughts on it? The taste and texture was to your liking? Also forgive me for my rudeness, I am Count Zeddicus Zulthus.” He makes an informal bow from his seated position, he is on vacation after all, but continues with. “And your name is?” He ask inquisitively.

@Kerzin Kalamond

Her arms still letting out steam "Pardon me about this...smoke. I like the fruity taste in it...but that's actually my second alcohol for today. what kind of drink did you give me was that? certainly its not sake" she ask the mage looking man "goodness, instead introduce myself i end up rambling. I'm Magnolia Lazareva. I'm also guest here. I'm looking for father in this island. well, if i know what father is that is" she shrug "i just newcomer here and they kind enough to give me place to stay. The room is also unique. but all in all, i'm looking for my father"

She frown as the steam still come out "goodness...this thing really sensitive" she open the case and let out more steam come out "that drink of yours make my body act funny, no offense, i don't mean to blame you for this but i gotta ask, what is that called?" she point toward his drink

@Elena Ichinomiya

”Well met Magnolia Lazareva.” He said with a cheerful smile, his eyes watching the courteous contraption with wonder and interests. She does rather well made, oh to study such a constructive like that would be such a delight. “I like to call the drink Blue Moon. It is made with blue berries, cream, some milk, and highly distilled blueberry wine to make it extra strong.” In fact his glass comes up to his hand to savor another drink of his glass. It is so rich and flavorful, thick and coating as it soothes the burn as it comes. “I do have to say it is one of my finer creations. I hope you enjoyed it! Would you like another?” He ask inquiring as he conjures another glass on a floating to move towards her. 

7 minutes ago, Kerzin Kalamond said:

“I do have to say it is one of my finer creations. I hope you enjoyed it! Would you like another?”

She's not sure. One of it alone make her gone steamy like this "i don't know, maybe?" she motion her steamy arms "maybe after it got cooled off" she shrug "thank you for the offer though". She didn't talk much but only give blank stare. She was thinking what she should do after this and where to search her father. She already gone to beach but nothing. She wasn't aware her empty stare are pointed at the man in front of her, making her look like a doll for decoration. "sorry, did you need something?"

@Elena Ichinomiya

Zeddicus simply stares back as his eyes glow slightly, studying the magic that is tying the doll together. The possibilities it would be for his world if he could map out how she works and if his worlds magic could emulate that worlds magic for this being is unlike anything he has ever seen before. Her question shakes him out of his pondering, ”Sorry, forgive me for starting. That was terribly rude me.” he said sheepishly. ”But I was wondering if I could study you?” he ask hopefully

2 hours ago, Kerzin Kalamond said:

”Sorry, forgive me for starting. That was terribly rude me.” he said sheepishly. ”But I was wondering if I could study you?”

She tilt her head "and why is that? asking a woman for such stuff is not very good code for gentlemen. unless i catch it wrong, please clarify" she told him with blank expression. She close latch of her arms as it stop steaming. "seriously i need to be careful about their drink" she thought

8 hours ago, Lollipop said:

StaffBJ: She winks at Yukki as she turns to walk behind the bar. "Anyone serve ya yet? If not, I'll take your order." 

StaffGinger: "Well it's about time BJ! We can't start set for event when we're so short handed! 

StaffBJ: "I said I'm sorry lass. Calm yourself already!" 

Yukki looks at Bj and smiles, “no, thank you I’m....Bj,” she said reading the girl’s name tag. “Can I just have whatever your best food is, I’m not picky,” she smiles. Later when Bj came back Yukki asked, “hey, you guys get pretty busy and theirs only four of you...would it be too much to ask if I could have a job...? Maybe to help out?” Yukki always liked to help people, ever since she was a little girl. It was one reason why her parents had chosen her to take over as queen when she was ready, but now, now it looked like she would stay a princess.

• Love 1

Val drank the blueberry drink offered him, he drank it slowly but steadily, savoring the taste until it was gone. "Well done Zed, well done indeed!" Next he ordered some apple pie and savored every bite of that as well.

Then he drank the tea sent to him by Magnolia.  It was extremely refreshing. He was you going to hit on Magnolia, who he found very attractive, but she seemed occupiedwith the conjurer.

Looking down the bar he saw Yukki. Val got up slowly and walked over to Yukki with a glass of saké. Feleling a bit buzzed he put one arm around Yukki, and set the saké in front of her. "It's Nigori saké princess, I one of my favorites.  Please try some," he said smiling. Glad to have company.

Edited by Balthier