The Jungle

The jungle covered a large portion of the Island. In the middle of it was a large building that was referred to as The Lab. In the forest itself, lived many kinds of creatures most of which were not natural. The owner of the Lab prior to Lollipop and Mint taking over the Island, used the lab to create all manner beast and monsters, all of which driven by lust and a urge to dominate their victims. 

The Staff urges for guest to stay away, cause while their lives may not be in much danger, it sometime takes a long time to notice guest have gone missing. But some guest may find this jungle to be just what they are looking for. And some believe secrets be kept by Lollipop and are also being held hidden the jungle, waiting for those brave enough to seek them out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Softly singing to herself as she walked the forest. Tears streaming down her face and bruises cover her skin from the other kids bullying her. Bringing her black tail around she hugs it as gives a sniff realizing she was lost. 

Whimpering a little she kept walking though her body shook with lack of food for kids were mean to take it from her again. 

After walking for awhile she started to feel dizzy and her sight starts to spin. Collapsing down where she was Tia opened her eyes for a moment noticing a light a head of her before fading into unconsciousness. 

The moon light shined through the leaves of the thick jungle canopy, but the amount of light that broke through didn't provide much to see with. 

The jungle seemed almost alive. The deeper one went inside, the more it would feel like many things crawling in darkness were watching you. Many things crawling, slithering, stalking, waiting to catch you off your guard. 

The island staff warn guest not to venture into the jungle. That it's dangerous. But few go into detail why. The beast and creatures that lurk within have a hunger that can't be satiated. And if you get captured by one, it'll drag you to where no one can find you, and make you its plaything, attempting to feed that bottomless hunger.

Beware the jungle, cause if your not careful, you may never leave.

• 1 month later...

The trees were vibrating with life in Colton's helmet. His parachute covered over him. His body struggled as he began to pull his ventilation tubes and helmet off. What was left of the air in it squeaked out, as Colton pulled it off and breathed heavily. He coughed and spit out hours of gunk from the stale ventilator air. He was barely able to open his dry mouth. 

The pilot struggled around his suit, grabbing a canteen from his flight suit. It was warm from the humidity, but he chugged it anyways. The nasty still water taste didn't matter to him. After chugging the water he poured the water over his dark slick, brown hair. Colton sat up, struggling with his parachute. His mouth became more moist as he took in deep breaths in the thick jungle air. "Fuck...frrrr...come on!" Colton mumbled as he tore the parachute off and undid his flight suit to mid waist. 

Colton rubbed his face as he began to figure out his surroundings. His hands crawled down from his eye's as he looked around. There was fear, but also general alertness. After all, this is what you signed up for, cowboy, the downed pilot thought. Colton moved around his flight suit, his baretta M9, still strapped to his side. Colton sat up on a dirty fallen tree trunk after, grabbing his radio to his side. 

The pilot turned the knob on, getting zero frequency. Colton decided to yell into it anyways. "DREAM LAND, THIS IS BEAUTY THREE, COME IN?!" Colton looked around and then to the ground. A small black cubic box, a metal bar surrounded the box, foam coating the  the bar, for protection. The back of it looked as if it had been pulled off of the missing plane, although rather aggressively. Three switches existed on it. A red light blinked at the top. 

Colton pulled himself up. "DREAM LAND! MATTHEWS, COLTON, 3635143, MAJESTIC CLEARANCE 11! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY MESSAGE!" Colton gave up. He scoffed a little as he tossed the radio on the ground. He was just glad the small black device still worked, even if it used up it's fuel source. To say the least, he was up that poop river, with barely any arms. 

Colton looked around as he drank some more water. He put his canteen back into his suit as he gathered his things. Colton tore through the thick forests, leaving his helmet and parachute behind. He pulled out a small tape recorder and began speaking. 

"Commanders log, Matthews, Colton. Department of Naval intelligence, Majestic clearance 11. Test 4 of...Project Looking Glass was ...to say...successful. For better or for worse. The date is July 16th 1990. At least I think it is...I left Groom Lake, Nellis Range aka Dream Land, less than.."  Colton looked at his watch. The time had stopped. He considered everything to be in limbo, but continued recording. "From where I was before, I flew out of Dream Land...to...the fog...I was flying in a TRB2 Aurora Concept. From the time I was from Dreamland...I should have been... maybe over Silver Springs."

Colton sighed heavily as he began to remember more. "The time from the air strip to the fog was less than 7 minutes at the most. The looking glass device was activated....And all I remember was the Aurora getting hot. Hot even for her. I emergency ejected. Expecting to land in a diner lot at Silver Springs...or the Groom Lake bus terminal at Alamo, I landed here. Something like...Panama...but hotter than Panama. But so far...no Noriega guerillas, that I've seen yet." Colton couldn't help but joke. "From the lack of hydration, I must've been knocked out cold, for at least two days. Here.."

Colton heard slithering through the woods. Sounds of tentacle legs, almost. He pulled out his pistol, cocking it. Colton took a deep breath and lifted the recorder one last time to his mouth. "I am currently on the run, in a strange land. My first priority is preserving the Looking Glass device." Colton was somewhat terrified. But he smirked a little, thinking of home. "But, my secondary priority is making it back home, out of here. Even if it means being court marshalled for destroying a multi billion dollar prototype. Elizabeth, keep the cassettes rolling and the beer cold." He clicked off the recorder, sliding it in his side pants pocket.  

Colton stood at around 33. He had short black hair, a rather strong and athletic frame. He wasn't directly imposing, as he wouldn't want to be. Colton began tracking deep into the woods, his gray t shirt drenched above his chest. "Toto...where the fuck's Kansas?"

Edited by WhiskeyTango

Colton tore the bushes around him as he lugged the black transport device along with him. The thick muggy air exhausted him. He looked around. After hearing a sound. Colton dropped the device as it rolled down the mud, a couple of feet away. He had his beretta gun out, looking around. 

Colton soaked his forehead with his left arm as he lowered his pistol. "Woe is what? Who the hell is there?!" Colton yelled out. He thought quickly and he kept his arms, squarely up. "I'm a friendly. Do you know my language?" Colton backed to a tree. He belted out "Es esto Nicaragua?!"

He looked around as sweat beat off his forehead. "Sorry....had to try...who's there?!"

4 minutes ago, onearmeddruid said:

She blinks " do they hunt beasts?" She asks clearlynshowing the time she is from

Colton looked at the obviously pretty girl, a bit hapless. "No. They don't kill beasts." The man walked over to a large rock by a stream as he holstered his weapon. He rubbed his neck a little and looked at the girl curiously. "You know English rather well. I won't even bother asking. But I'm Colton. These beasts. I think I heard a few slithering around here. Man they make Dulce look like just another hang out area." 

Colton hangs his hand out to the girl, to shake it. 

• Love 1

Colton looked around suspiciously as he grabbed the girls arm and pulled it away. "Stop that. I know you're leading me some where. But damn it, I need to know I'm not being led some where that's going to involve me in a giant soup bowl, surrounded by a bunch of pygmy island villagers dancing to my death!" Colton yelled. He sighed as he let go of her hand. "I'm sorry. I'm not at home right now. In Rachel...with Elizabeth." Colton puts his left hand up to Klara.

"You...do you run this place? Are there more like you? Or...just you?" Colton forcefully ran his tough dry hand through her hair. If anything, just to make sure everything was real."

She quickly grabs his hand into a death grip. "I am unsure what dream or nightmare this place is, i dont know who runs this "resort" but I am the only hunter here" she says not exactly knowing what a resort is but knowing her way back to the actual resort. She just knows it's a tourist destination 

Kara's grip was rather assuring. He was tired, hungry and thirsty. So he was definitely willing. He kept the snap over his pistol unbuttoned. He followed the girl a ways away, through the jungle. "I take it you're a "Dorothy" like me too, huh?" Colton shook his head. "Nevermind. I hope this resort off of the Florida coast. For a lot of reasons."

"Ok, Kiara." Colton sighed as he followed the girl past the jungle. The slithering tentacles whisked at the pilot as he grabbed his pistol. "I've seen bugs the size of house cats in Nicaragua, but nothing like-" 

Colton stopped as he looked at paradise on a beach. He fell to his knees. The looking glass device, next to him. "Holy shit...this ain't Daytona. It's not even the keys. He pulled himself up, grabbing the girl shocked. "Where the hell am I?" Colton looked in the girls beautiful eyes. "I guess I don't really care. But.. I have to...radio in. This place has a pay phone, right?"