New to the building (Open RP)

The first thing to be seen when entering the lobby is a large woman bent over, poking through a mailbox that's no bigger than a loaf of bread; just the poor tenant's luck that it's one of the lowest automatically, having gotten herself an apartment near the lower floors of the establishment. She finally lifts herself up, a key in hand for her apartment, as left behind by the previous tenants, and a purse around her wrist. Melony sighs, tucking back a strand of hair, before looking for the stairwell.

"Alright... It's time for a new beginning, Melony!~"

• Like 1

Jonathan had just finished an annoying day of work at the office, and had bought himself a nice bottle of wine to celebrate the completion of a big project. Of course, as he walked in, he would notice a rather well developed woman hunched over to get her mail. A new person, too. Must be that new arrival he had been told about.

"Hi there, nice to meet ya, miss! I'm Jonathan, I'm one of the bottom floor residents. You said your name was Melony, right?" He would ask, holding out his hand that had the wine bottle on accident, not really seeming to notice it.

Nice. Reeeeal smooth, buddy.

2 hours ago, Rucio said:

Jonathan had just finished an annoying day of work at the office, and had bought himself a nice bottle of wine to celebrate the completion of a big project. Of course, as he walked in, he would notice a rather well developed woman hunched over to get her mail. A new person, too. Must be that new arrival he had been told about.

"Hi there, nice to meet ya, miss! I'm Jonathan, I'm one of the bottom floor residents. You said your name was Melony, right?" He would ask, holding out his hand that had the wine bottle on accident, not really seeming to notice it.

Nice. Reeeeal smooth, buddy.

She looks at Jonathan puzzled. Besides the fact that she wasn't anticipating to run into someone so soon, the "offered" bottle of wine was quite forward, even if it was accidental. She stifles a laugh, taking the bottle in her left to shake Jonathan's hand with her right.

"Yes, that's right, Jonathan-san. It's nice to meet you," she says with a kind smile, before returning his bottle. "I'm new to the building; hopefully the rest of my furniture will be arriving in the next few days... It's been a little weird sleeping in an arm chair, ehehe..."

When was the last time she talked to a man that wasn't her husband, or in a professional setting? The woman, who'd been a housewife for more than twenty years, never really mingled with other gentlemen, and the magazine she was part of was for the high-class woman, looking for health and beauty tips, so it was rare that she'd talk to a man outside of organising meetings and gathering information for articles. Still, Jonathan seemed rather friendly, so she felt reassured to know that one of her neighbours was so kind to a stranger like herself.

"I'm also on the bottom floor; it's not exactly easy for someone of my age to go up and down several flights of stairs, you know?" Melony explains as she shifts her purse.  "You're the first person I've met, though, Jonathan-san. At first I was nervous moving here, but I feel at ease that my neighbour's so friendly~"

By the time it had registered to Jonathan that he had accidentally given the precious bottle of wine to Melony, it was too late to fix the error. "Wait, you don't have a bed? I-I should have an inflatable mattress you can borrow until your stuff comes in, how does that sound, miss?" He would hastily offer, the idea of sleeping in an armchair honestly kinda painful to imagine. Hearing her compliment him on simply greeting her was a bit strange, but he couldn't help but blush afterwards.

15 minutes ago, Rucio said:

By the time it had registered to Jonathan that he had accidentally given the precious bottle of wine to Melony, it was too late to fix the error. "Wait, you don't have a bed? I-I should have an inflatable mattress you can borrow until your stuff comes in, how does that sound, miss?" He would hastily offer, the idea of sleeping in an armchair honestly kinda painful to imagine. Hearing her compliment him on simply greeting her was a bit strange, but he couldn't help but blush afterwards.

"I'll be alright, but thank you, Jonathan-san." Her smile is incredibly fluffy, as if she's afraid of even making the other stress over her own wellbeing. She could be a little too considerate of others, after all. "You're incredibly thoughtful, though... I know! I'll make you some brownies to say thank you for welcoming me! Or, would you rather banana bread? I could do either."

In a strange twist of fate, somehow Jonathan was the one being offered something, and he wasn't quite sure how to react to it at all. "U-um... S-Sure, but I really don't mind you borrowing the air mattress. It's got a neat little carrying bag and all that... I think both brownies and banana bread sound amazing, but you really don't have to." He would insist, wanting to help this nice lady (as well as at least get a sip of the wine he bought).

1 hour ago, Rucio said:

In a strange twist of fate, somehow Jonathan was the one being offered something, and he wasn't quite sure how to react to it at all. "U-um... S-Sure, but I really don't mind you borrowing the air mattress. It's got a neat little carrying bag and all that... I think both brownies and banana bread sound amazing, but you really don't have to." He would insist, wanting to help this nice lady (as well as at least get a sip of the wine he bought).

"Then we'll call it a trade~" She finally concedes with a smile, beckoning him to go back to their flats. "I'll cook up anything you'd like if I can borrow bits and bobs while I get set up; nothing startling, of course, but I'll make whatever you'd like as thanks ❤️"

"That sounds wonderful, Miss Melony. Which room number are you? I'll be a bit, I just need to get the mattress out of the closet." Jonathan would happily inquire, glad she was accepting at least the mattress. If she really insisted on making him baked goods, he might need to tell his roommate about this sweet deal... 

1 hour ago, Rucio said:

"That sounds wonderful, Miss Melony. Which room number are you? I'll be a bit, I just need to get the mattress out of the closet." Jonathan would happily inquire, glad she was accepting at least the mattress. If she really insisted on making him baked goods, he might need to tell his roommate about this sweet deal... 

"106, I was told," Melony says with a small smile. "Technically speaking, this is my first night here, without having work to get me up and out of here at some absurd hour... But I was lucky enough to get this room from one of my daughters-in-law, she and my son moved out of the city. So I can't complain about their housewarming gift, it's really a nice seat, ehehe~" The woman smiles as they stroll down the hallway, Melony's flat beside his, save for the fire hose cabinet dividing the two doors.

"I'd appreciate a tour, if nothing else, once I've settled in, Jonathan-san ❤️"

"Your first night, you say? Well, that must be awfully lonely, being here all by yourself." Jonathan would comment, stopping at his door, key in hand. If she was really alone, it couldn't hurt to try and...

"W-Would you like me to stay a while with you, Melony? I don't mind, especially if you'll be all alone anyways."

13 minutes ago, Rucio said:

"Your first night, you say? Well, that must be awfully lonely, being here all by yourself." Jonathan would comment, stopping at his door, key in hand. If she was really alone, it couldn't hurt to try and...

"W-Would you like me to stay a while with you, Melony? I don't mind, especially if you'll be all alone anyways."

"That's very kind of you, Jonathan-san, but I should be fine... I mean, I wouldn't want to force you or anything like that." Even still, she unlocks her door and offers him entry.  "You're welcome to come visit anytime though, I just don't want you to come see me out of obligation."

"Melony, I'm not doing anything else tonight, it's the least I could do to help a kind lady like yourself." Jonathan would insist, going into his apartment only long enough to get the inflatable mattress for her. Upon entering her apartment, he was shocked by just how empty it was. She wasn't lying when she said she just had the chair!

On 20/02/2020 at 12:18, Rucio said:

"Melony, I'm not doing anything else tonight, it's the least I could do to help a kind lady like yourself." Jonathan would insist, going into his apartment only long enough to get the inflatable mattress for her. Upon entering her apartment, he was shocked by just how empty it was. She wasn't lying when she said she just had the chair!

"Home sweet home," Melony says with a laugh, as she finally sits down her purse. Besides the basic fixtures, such as a fridge and stove, it really was just bare bones, but Melony didn't want to be an inconvenience to her family. "It's not much at the moment, but this is my first night here... Which reminds me, I'll have to get some shopping done..."

A quick poke through the cabinets shows there is food there, but mostly just tinned goods that would last years, rather than anything fresh that could be prepared for an adequate dinner. "Would you like to come with me, Jonathan? I'd like to whip up something delicious for dinner, if I'm having company over, rather than eating straight from a can of baked beans."