Can you mix business with pleasure?

Bronx Steel was at the distillery his alcohol/liquor brand/business was at; he was experimenting with fruit he had shipped from his parents property. He wanted to see what fruits would make a good alcohol/liquor. "This is tedious work, but I enjoy it. It'd help if I had a partner though." he thought to himself "I hope someone answers my ad." He placed an ad that he was looking for a partner; the ad stated: "Needing a source of income, or a better one? Do you enjoy alcohol/liquor? If the answer is yes to both questions. Come on down to your local distillery."

A woman dressed in an all black attire of a camisole top, long tight jeans and flats entered through the front door of the distillery. She wore a tired expression as she entered the building perusing her surroundings before focusing her attention at the man who stood before her. "Hello, good day. I'm Shiori Amari, I've seen your ad and I would like to work here."

Shiori was caught a little off guard by Mr. Steel's question, but regained her composure after a few seconds of thought. She replied, "Um.. well other than it affecting your liver and blood pressure..." She interjects with a light chuckle then turns gives a serous reply "Alcohol turns down the volume on my thoughts. It brings memories of good times past, and I let myself dwell in them rather than think. And in that moment I am here and not, existing in two perfect moments. Somehow it steadies me, gives me the resolve to go on."

Bronx smiled and laughed a little. "That's the effects of drinking alcohol/liquor; I was looking for about itself. Let me tell you what I know. It began with the ancient alcohol called mead, next wine, followed by beer, vodka, whiskey, tequila, gin, ending with rum. Ingredients for it like sugar cane started slavery, and we traded it in history. We still do. I'll have to teach you about what alcohols and liquors I would like this distillery to sell of my brand."

The history of alcohol, this was an entirely new topic to Shiori so she sat there completely enthralled by the contents of the conversation learning about things she never knew before. "Thank you for taking the time to teach me about the history revolving around alcohol. This topic is new to me so I learned alot." Shiori gave a kind smile in return trying her best to appear calm and cool to hide her nervousness. "I'm also interested to know what kind of alcohol you sell here because the previous conversation piqued my interest."

• Like 1

Shiori began her research analysing in depth about what possibly combinations she could add to the recipe. "Hmm.. Lime Mojito, maybe peach with Bellini and strawberry daiquiri." The recipes were simple and mostly involved adding one or two fruits to the alcohol. When she finished writing the steps she reported back to Steele's office. "Mr. Steele, I've got some recipes that I hope will be of at least some flavour when we taste test them at the still.

• 2 weeks later...

Shiori felt relieved that everything was turning out alright up until now but still felt a little nervous about the outcome. 'What if it doesn't taste good?' or 'Will it sell?' these were the thoughts running through her mind as she waited anxiously. While trying her best to hide her true feelings she asked him "Understood, but how long will this process take?."

Bronx's calm reply settled Shiori a little but she was still nervous for the outcome. 4 hours was needed before it was complete but to her it felt like a lifetime so during this time she decided to do extra work knowing it would calm her more if she kept her mond busy. She began writing, possible recipes or maybe tastes she'd be interested in researching.

Shiori was having troubles thinking of ideas that would be able to assist Bronx whenb the person who was just on her mind entered her office.

"Ah Mr. Steele what brought you here?"

He held a strange bottle in his hands which was most likely alcohol but her interest was still piqued at what he was going to use it for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up