Open Club  ·  72 members

Tentacle Monsters

OOC Chat

OK, due to poor planning by a certain person with a tree in their profile picture, Oogalloo will not, in fact, be available this evening. Instead, he will make his debut tomorrow. He wishes to convey his sincere apologies for this inconvenience and hopes that Jenny won't be too upset.

A small suggestion, if it's allowed...

At the top of the characters section of the club, there is this line: "a human or tentacle monster, which are the only two options available for this roleplay".

Peculiarity explained to me the reason behind this choice (in Discord), but how about... Expanding the list? Instead of "banning" all the aliens entirely, perhaps some aliens species could be included? Humanoid and anthro of various looks and shapes, but not something visually challenging. As in, no insectoids, no xenomorphs and other similar "not very appealing" species. While allowing other, aesthetically pleasing alien species to be included. You know, girls from other planets also love some that tentacle stuff!

Another suggestion I have in mind...

To expand the theme of the club a little bit beyond "Females becoming pets for "Tentacle-monster" aliens". What I mean specifically is... Making it a bit more broad thing, kinda like with sex-clubs, you know? Everyone would choose their "fetish" based on their desires. If they want to become a pet for a tentacle monsters - sure, happy to provide. If they just want some fully consensual sex with, without any pet-play or slavery or whatever - go ahead as well!

That would open up to various other scenario possibilities. Easiest example I have in mind right now that I wanted to add... A female alien (of very pleasing looks, actually, as a nod to the first suggestion) who is very rich and influential... You see, she's very much into sex and polyamory. The problem is, it has became ever increasingly harder for her to find men who are not only willing to share her and fill them holes... It's also became kinda boring and unsatisfying - most just don't know how to properly handle all the poses that would allow the "all-hole-filling" happen comfortably. And then she hears about this planet Tentaculus IV, with a species of tentacled aliens. So what stops her from doing some "sex tourism" there, eh? I mean, it's a thing in real life - men and women going to other countries for some "exotic sex". Willingly, consensually and all that. Who says it can't happen here as well? 🙂

The bottom line is... The reason why I'm suggesting these two things is mainly to give some "life" to this club. The current requirements are a bit... Too narrow, too specific, you know? I like tentacle sex, but I wouldn't want to be a "pet" if my character was a human, you know? Sure, I did post my Plop and Flop here in the character section and it's part of their backstory that they WERE pretty much sex-pets to someone else before... The key part is that they are not humans. And it makes sense for them to become as such due to their nature of being naive, not very bright, easily believing things they are told, you know? With humans though... Eh, not gonna work, for me at least

I believe adding these two things would spark some more life into this club and attract more attention to it. Make it into a lewd small sci-fi setting, a "mini-world" that is very themed around tentacle fun... Instead of a very specific and one kind of roleplay and the same scene type. There is just no point in having a whole club if it's so much restricting, in my opinion.

But then again. It's all my opinion and just suggestions, yeah?

TL;DR go for it with GM approval - the main caveat being to keep it light and fun.

Yeah, that's all cool. I guess I said that because as soon as you leave it wide open, people drop their OC from some other story in here that just doesn't fit and it makes the whole thing weird and awkward. I didn't want someone dumping a fifty page alien race description with planetary data, history, backgrounds, starship types, etc., etc. in here and trying to take over the whole group, turning it all "this is the lore I wrote, please follow it." 

I don't honestly care what alien race people make up. I was hoping for original characters designed for this roleplay, but characters from elsewhere are ok, too, so long as the tone is light, fun, and entertaining. There are plenty of clubs for dark stuff. My main intent is casual, fun xeno sexual encounters, lots and lots of tentacles, and a sort of 60's sci-fi style hopeful naivete about how humans and aliens interact. Fun, light, silly, comical even... I'm trying to avoid antagonism, fighting, alien autopsies, and anything dark. 

So yeah, I guess go for it. Your ployamorous alien character sounds good. Let her play with the tentacles. Humans as non-pets is fine, too. I didn't intend for it to be pets only, but I might not have been clear when I wrote the description. 

I'll make an edit to the description because everything you said was entirely reasonable.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, IsabellaRose said:

I was hoping for original characters designed for this roleplay, but characters from elsewhere are ok, too, so long as the tone is light, fun, and entertaining. There are plenty of clubs for dark stuff. My main intent is casual, fun xeno sexual encounters, lots and lots of tentacles, and a sort of 60's sci-fi style hopeful naivete about how humans and aliens interact. Fun, light, silly, comical even... I'm trying to avoid antagonism, fighting, alien autopsies, and anything dark. 

And that is exactly what I am after too. Chill, fun, positive stuff. And that is exactly why I'm suggesting keeping the whole "pet" part as an option. Trust me, A LOT of people might misunderstand that. In my previous experience on a different site, 9 out of 10 people see "Pet play" of any kind as something entirely dark and unpleasant. Disrespectful, using-and-abusing, etc. Something that definitely does not fall in line with lighthearted and positive play I have in mind. And you as well, from what I understand.

My suggestion is to slightly shift focus of this club. A teeny-tiny minor shift. Or rather... Expansion of the boundaries? Yes, that would be the better wording for it. From specifically "human pets to tentacled aliens", to "tentacle fun in sci-fi scenery", so to speak. With options of the whole petplay for those who want it. And other options who have zero interest in being pets or having those themselves. It will 100% attract people interested in tentacle sex - both the "givers" and "takers", you know? 🙂 

Like, what if this planet - Tentaculus IV - is actually a tropical paradise and a resort for people to just come from across the universe and chill out? Kind of like Risa in Star Trek universe. Tentacles can be used for many other things, not just sex. Tentacle-alien barman who makes 3 cocktails at the same time with no effort! A tentacle-alien masseur who would swipe all that back pain away and leave you refreshed! And so on, so forth! And, OF COURSE, the place also offering tentacle sex things for those who are interested. Kinda like red-light district - completely legal, open and nobody in the "galactic community" has anything against it. Yes, Including the option of having it done with pet-play, if the visitor so desires. And perhaps there are also offers of positions of long-term/permanent employment as a "pet" to please the tentacle-aliens of this planet when it's off-season, for a nice paycheck and lots of sex. And so on, so forth. It can be done in a very light-hearted and positive way, keep it "on topic"(tentacles) AND attract various types of people to it.

Limiting to just humans and petplay is... Well, yeah. Limiting.

As for the whole "lore" stuff that you've written at the top - just clearly state that this club is for light-hearted play without some overly-complex, in-depth stuff to it. That people are free to bring their OCs... BUT all IRRELEVANT information to the "here and now" should be left outside. It's a neutral territory - no politics, no superiority/inferiority conflicts, none of that and anything else. People come here to enjoy themselves away from the rest of the universe and it's troubles. So everything about the races is left behind and irrelevent except... Tentacles! 😄 It's that simple, really. Otherwise it feels like this club is more of a single scene idea rather than a "club" for various people with various views on the same things, yeah?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IsabellaRose said:

...or you know, play with us here. We don't judge and love adding new people... 🙂

I just really prefer to do things in private. I doubt any of you care to watch tons of posts about planning an RP.
Nothing against how others do it - I just do it better in stuff like Discord with my partners.

I might consider changing this preference, so it is not a hard and absolute no.

Truthfully, the club could use more activity in general. People have made characters, sure, but they don't seem to be reaching out to one another or even joining the "open" threads. It's... odd and somewhat concerning.

2 minutes ago, Peculiarity said:

Truthfully, the club could use more activity in general. People have made characters, sure, but they don't seem to be reaching out to one another or even joining the "open" threads. It's... odd and somewhat concerning.

Hmmmmmm, I think I might be able to do the forum thing - and do the planning with partners in PMs. I just don't want to spam the forums with the do's and how's...

Trying my best to be the flexible type here and all but two here has been r eally nice to me, which makes it easier to try out new things 😉

2 minutes ago, Peculiarity said:

Planning in PMs is pretty standard, actually. I'd be more surprised to see it done in public.

Yeah, that is the conclusion I came to myself as well. I just wanted to double check since a forum method is really new to me.

I am just really unsure on how to get started...

Well, I usually just go down the list of existing characters to see if one both intrigues me and is available to roleplay with. If I find one, I send the creator an EcchiText asking if they want to roleplay in a thread. If I don't find one, I tend to write an open-ended post in one of the "open" topics. While IsabellaRose and I had agreed to roleplay beforehand, you can see that I made such a post at the start of the Pet Store thread.

1 minute ago, Peculiarity said:

Well, I usually just go down the list of existing characters to see if one both intrigues me and is available to roleplay with. If I find one, I send the creator an EcchiText asking if they want to roleplay in a thread. If I don't find one, I tend to write an open-ended post in one of the "open" topics. While IsabellaRose and I had agreed to roleplay beforehand, you can see that I made such a post at the start of the Pet Store thread.

I think I know how to do it...time will tell if I got it right. Otherwise, I hope someone will correct me 😛

THank you, dearie.

Because I'm a moderator for the club. IsabellaRose assigned me the role when the club was made.

Edit: If you go to the "Members" tab, you can see the "Leader" rank under my name.

Edited by Peculiarity

On 06/04/2020 at 11:24, ThatLewdCat said:

And that is exactly why I'm suggesting keeping the whole "pet" part as an option. Trust me, A LOT of people might misunderstand that. In my previous experience on a different site, 9 out of 10 people see "Pet play" of any kind as something entirely dark and unpleasant.

Limiting to just humans and petplay is... Well, yeah. Limiting.

That's my bad for forgetting about scenes and actual terminology. I don't do petplay as defined, I just imagined humans as toys to the tentacle monsters (again, I'm using "actual fetish terminology" without intending to...) Anyway, yes to everything you said above. It's meant to be sexy fun play time, not some dark "use and abuse" petplay fetish. This is where my naivete shines through, I guess.