GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

Adam just stood there tilting his head a little lessioning to Lady Gold . And he was keeping a eye on the others and there was a Gold Golem there has well he notice and he spoke a few words in his deep slow voice "Hello Gold lady i be Adam" He said looking down at her head was tiling he was slow to bring it back  

*Darius saw the carriage arrive but his features didn't show his excitement, 'Finally the famous Lady Gold, and she does not disappoint' He thought silently to himself, he said nothing, 'Never interrupt someone when they are giving you money', he thought, attaching the gold to his belt, it was already his as far as he was concerned. He could tell the Lady of Gold was beautiful but, for the moment at least, Lady Kazumi had  more enchanting presence. He waited to see the Lady's proposal, it was bound to be interesting, after all why assemble so many power and diverse people in one place.*

*Darius knew it would probably get him into trouble, but he couldn't help himself, he hoped the people around him wouldn't notice or at least not bring it up, and he certainly wanted to do this before the rest of the Osirians arrived. so he cast Detect Greater Magic to get a better idea of the magical auras and powers of Lady Gold, Lady Kazumi and when they arrived the Osirians*

Kazumi rises from her blanket smoothing her skirts and approaches the Lady Gold. She stops at a polite distance and curtsies.

"My Lady," she says, at the depth of her curtsy. "I am Kazumi Kei, and I would be honored to hear your offer."

With that, Kazumi straightens and stands. When the Lady's servant hands her a heavy bag of platinum, Kazumi tucks it into her satchel with a small nod and a quiet, "thank you."

Gloomy knight watched the carriages entrance, as same time, as he waited the caravan to catch up. He did not take the woman's offer of tea, as he waited still mounted. 

As the carriage was pulled by yet another construct, he only shaked his head lightly, thinking if this was the ´new´normal here, why were there armies. 

Lady Gold greets each adventurer politely and formally, before speaking of the matter for which she had summoned the adventurers.

"I have sought out each of you, some of the strongest adventurers in the world, because a pair of threats have appeared that will cause great havoc in the world if not outright conquer or destroy it." She says, looking at each person with deliberate gravitas.

"The first is Runelord Karzoug, an ancient king from a realm ten thousand years dead whom has recently awoken from his ancient slumber and works to return to this world. If he does, and if he succeeds in gathering his forces,  he will have the strength to rival nations and his intention will undoubtedly be conquest."

She looks them each in the eye.

"The second, and even greater threat, is the Goddess Shar, the Lady of Loss, one of the most powerful Goddesses in existence and there are signs she has set her sights on this world, wishing to reduce it back into the peaceful nothingness of nonexistence. If her Minions and Church are not stopped it may well prove to be the end of this planet and even if we kill them all it is possible Shar herself may still arrive to personally annihilate the world."

Lady Gold stops speaking for a moment, letting it all sink in.

Darius can't detect any magic at all from Lady Gold which is a bit suspicious in and of itself for such a wealthy woman.

"I am prepared to offer you each ten thousand platinum pieces for the head of Runelord Karzoug as well as all salvage rights to his treasures and magic. If you can stop Shar and her minions from destroying the world, beyond the simple reward of living yourselves, I am willing to use my considerable authority to raise each of you to the nobility and grant you great wealth, lands, titles, servants etc as a reward, along with, again, any and all salvage rights to treasures and magic you obtain."

She finishes her speech; "Before we get into specific plans, are any of you interested?"

*Darius was very surprised not to detect any type of magical aura from Lady Gold, he knew of no spell that could mask magic in this way, this was very suspicious to him, she had to be extremely powerful he couldn't conceive of an alternative, but for the moment he kept his suspicions to himself, since he couldn't move and maintain the power of Greater Detect Magic, he remained in his seat but smiled at the Lady Gold and finally spoke to her*

"Lady Gold, I am The Red Wizard and you have my interest."

*Darius had intended to agree in a very non committal, so he could study the Golem and learn more about Lady Kazumi, but if he was right and the Lady Gold had a way to block his magic, well he didn't even knew such a thing was possible, and he suspected he would learn far many other greater things about magic if he took upon her task*

• Like 1

Adam was paying very close attention to Lady gold the hole time she was talking and did not speak til he knew she was done and a bond hearing her request. And He was thinking of the right words to say to the lady in gold "what would lady Gold need me to do" he was interested in this but his words where still new to him 

Cernan made haste for the appointed meeting location well aware that he was running late. As he approaches he can hear the conversation though only catch bits at first. 

As he finally arrives he bows deeply to the assembled menagerie. "Please forgive my tardiness, my Lady. I would very much be interested, especially with a Thassillonian Runelord involved."

• Like 1

Kazumi smiles to herself. Salvage rights to a treasure trove forgotten for millennia seems like reason enough. Who knows what sorts of wonders she might find. But fighting an entire church and possibly their Goddess... that seems like the kind of thing that one doesn't survive. She had her retinue to think of, and their best interests might not coincide with... wait. She stops and reconsiders. If this is truly about the fate of all living beings, then it is very likely in everyone's best interest. Besides, this is the kind of thing that is sung about for centuries. 

She barely even notices the newcomer before she says, "I am also interested, my Lady." 

• Love 1

Mounted knight watched the conversation going on, between the wetlanders, and his mistress to come.

Soon after that, group of eight raiders came forth. Six heavy knights, their obivious commander and the said Princess. Gloomy knight made his quick exit and rode to them and quickly reported what he had gathered.

Princess and the knight commander ride closer to the gathering.

"Let it be known, that Princess Nepthtys and his men have arrived." Knight commander spoke in tradetongue.

Princess was clearly an elf, in white golden gown, riding pearl white warhorse and carrying an staff of power in her hands.

• Like 1

Lady Gold greets the new arrivals as well before continuing. "Very well, then first things first, we will continue into Sandpoint where a certain artifact key awaits me, then head to at cave a the base of Mhar Massif, one of the tallest mountains in the world and one that is here not all that far away. There we will use the key to summon the Armory of Darkness, where Shar keeps many artifacts and retrieve them. Having weakened her cause and enhanced our own I will use a specific artifact to destroy the powerful occluding field that surrounds the legendary city of Xin-Shalast, were Runelord Karzoug dwells, and open him up to our attack...any questions so far?"

Nephthys looks at the gathering, and nods to the knight commander. "What is this this threat and why should we join forces? Do not get me wrong, lady. Painting dire doom and gloom is good tactic when it comes to control masses, but details. Those keep me intrested atleast." she knew some, about the matters at hand, but wanted to know if the lady knew more or was actually talking about the same things.

"Some of the names and places are known in legends, but how would you know about  them, and how would we know your information is accurate? Nothing is more dangerous, than to make assumptions at this point. Still, mere names, of these things, got my intrest."

Knowledge History Result 32: During the reign of Runelord Haphrama, Karzoug was born in a slave den in the city of Malistoke. What horrors he endured through the early years of his life in the city’s flesh pits are unknown, for they were later stricken from history at his command.

One thing is for certain, though: when Karzoug walked from the dark gates of that city 27 years later, his path was soaked in blood and his soul charred as black as night’s void. With gold teeth plucked from the head of his last master, Karzoug was able to buy an apprenticeship with a traveling demon binder named Thurbel.

For 7 years he followed Thurbel, serving as both a lure for summoned fiends and a slave to the wizard. He died more than once during these years at the overzealous claws and fangs of demons, but each time his master— who had grown wealthy through the sale of his demonic services—saw fit to have Karzoug resurrected. Karzoug’s suffering was perhaps as great during this time as it had been in Malistoke, but during these years he rose in magical power, learning the finer points of rulership and exercise of power at the hands of amoral demon tutors. Thus, when Karzoug heard of Runelord Haphrama’s call for new apprentices, he scuffed a summoning circle during one of Thurbel’s conjurations and idly looted his master’s belongings as the freed daemon devoured the wizard’s body. With several potent magic items in tow and enough gold to impress even a Runelord of Greed, Karzoug was easily selected to serve as one of Haphrama’s new devotees.

At the feet of the runelord, Karzoug learned much of the art of transmutation and the magic of greed. He found himself enthralled by the thinning of reality that occurred near the slopes of Mhar Massif. With secret alliances between himself and denizens from Leng, Karzoug began to master strange, eldritch powers in secret. His pacts promised a twisting of reality, providing his inscrutable tutors greater access to the lands of men. When, in the 206th year of his reign, Haphrama finally caught wind of Karzoug’s plotting, he was too late to stop his upstart apprentice. A virulent spell provided to Karzoug by new allies from Leng consumed both Haphrama and his other apprentice, Vhage, stripping their souls from their bodies and hurling them into the void between the planes. Karzoug took up the burning glaive—the Runelord of Greed’s symbol of rule—at the age of 77 and began his reign as Runelord of Greed.

His reign saw the rise of Shalast to new heights, as his cunning and manipulative nature wended countless paths to power. Despite his people’s dread, Karzoug’s capital at Xin-Shalast rose in prominence, becoming one of the age’s most breathtaking cities—though its grandeur existed only to delight the runelord and the nobles and slaves he gathered around him.

In his 466-year reign, Karzoug surpassed all of the previous Runelords of Greed in power and, it could be argued, several fellow runelords as well. Like his peers, though, he was forced at the height of his influence to retreat from the world to avoid the cataclysm that befell it. He took with him into this self-imposed exile 35 rune giants and his favorite apprentice, Khalib. The plan was for the stasis to persist for some time after Earthfall, with Karzoug securely hidden between worlds in a demiplane of his own construction—the Eye of Avarice—where he would be protected long enough for the apocalypse to run its course. Unwilling to take any chances, Karzoug elected to have his protections so overwhelming within the Eye of Avarice that nothing could harm him, yet this also required what he planned on being nothing more than a temporary suspension of his ability to exist. The plan was to have the stasis effect on his apprentice Khalib (or failing that, one of his 35 rune giants, or failing that, an intervention of one of a dozen other minions and apprentices who rode out the apocalypse elsewhere throughout Shalast) automatically end after a period of 100 years, at which point Karzoug’s minions would awaken and go about the process of charging his runewell to restore him fully to life. Yet Karzoug’s plans, as with the plans of the other six runelords, vastly underestimated the nature of Thassilon’s fall. The various betrayals by those the seven runelords counted as allies, combined with the utter and unanticipated scale of the devastation caused by Earthfall, completely disrupted not only Karzoug’s complex multi-layered plans for his revival, but also those of all the runelords. And so time passed, and Karzoug remained in stasis deep in the Eye of Avarice. Dormant, his mind exploring realms beyond, Karzoug waited for millennia, anticipating the time when the runelords would once again rise over world, a time, it seems, that has finally come.

"My lore and information gathering is among the best on the Planes." Lady Gold replies. "I have many talents but information gathering is by far my best, truth be told."

She repeats the information Nephthys may have missed then says: "I don't know what will satisfy you so it's up to you to verify the information to your satisfaction, hopefully after my info has proven consistently right for awhile you will know it's not misinformation. Regarding Shar the Goddess of Darkness and Secrets ultimate precise plan is beyond even what I can discern but I do know that a large number of  things I find extremely disturbing regarding the movement of her forces as well as the confessions of an interrogated high level priest have led me to believe she is personally moving against this world for it's destruction!"'

Princess Nepthtys listened what Lady said about her prowess in information gathering skills and smiled. "As I said, not much you can prove of it now and we need to work on honor principality, and for it, I am intrested to seek how much more there is, we do not know yet. These Runelords, I know of this Karzoug, as his endeavours were well docmented, even they happened so long ago. If we." she motions her hand in circle, to reach everyone around the gathering. "..are comitted on this matter, what are you committed, except money. Should we be able to use your intelligence gathering apparatus in person, or are you committing something else to this project? Do you have allies, that might join and more so, how are we agitating, if we do pursuit this. My knight envoy told you were offering nobility titles and riches"

Cernan listens intently to all the information provided. As he listens, he also takes this opportunity to casually look over all of those gathered, letting his gaze linger a bit longer on each of the beautiful women nearby. 

After Lady Gold has finished relating the available information and had spoken, Cernan himself speaks. "I for one have no reason to doubt anything you have said my Lady. Being something of a scholar myself, I do have a passing familiarity with the ancient realm of Thassilon and its ruling Runelords. During my studies, I have come to learn the Thassilonian language as well, which I hope should prove useful in this endeavor."

Cernan pauses briefly before continuing, "However, I know nothing of this greater threat you speak of. I am not familiar with the goddess Shar or of her religion."

Princess turned toward Cernan "I know of this goddess Shar. Its name is different where I came from, but rest assured, she or it, will be dire news to which ever land It turns its eyes toward. To us, we call her the Devourer, Serpent of Destruction. And for this reason, I am keen to help you wetlanders, if I am able. As we have driven her influence out from our lands, but gods never die.. they go to recroup somewhere else..."

Kazumi quirks an eyebrow at Lady Gold's declaration that she will be accompanying the party on their quest. How very interesting. She wonders what chance they have against a Goddess. 

"When do we leave?" she asks, her smile containing a hint of amusement. "I can gather my retinue and be ready by daybreak."

She returns to her blanket and sits, pouring out a small portion of tea into each of the four cups that she has set out. She makes a motion encompassing her blanket and the teacups.

"Please, feel free to join me for tea. We can discuss the details of the first leg of our journey."

She lifts the delicate teacup to her lips, inhales the aroma, and then takes a tiny sip of the steaming beverage. She closes her eyes as she swallows it, taking a deep breath as she pauses to enjoy the taste of rare herbs and tea leaves. 

Kerzin, while in the grip of release, didn’t immediately register the words... Wait.. A group just teleported in?! ”Kuso!” He cursed as t sunk in a few heartbeats after. Withdrawing quickly from Elena as the excessive movement right after such an event sends sensations of pleasure like pain through the head of his sensitive cock. Not caring to much about his appearance right now he just in a hasty moment simply grabs his twin katana’s, gets up to his feet with a fluid motion of rocking back onto his paws, and heads to the pavilion’s entrance do see what is going on. Ready to do battle if needed but hoping it won't come to this.