GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

"You know, when I was nine years old I had twenty one relatives; parents, siblings, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents, all ahead of me in line to control my house, so one night I went from room to room with a straight razor and slit all their throats until it was only me and I was the boss. Each one of my family gurgled and fought for just a few more seconds of life and here I am offering you months, maybe even a year or two and you refuse me?" She says, her gaze darkening.

"I am El'liera Vergon Tanithul, and you are fools to refuse my mercy!" She declares hotly.

Kazumi, traveling near the middle of the group pauses only a moment before she inhales a deep breath and centers herself. She then speaks the magic words she knows so well, her hands moving in an intricate pattern before her as she casts her spell (Summon Monster IV), and suddenly a massive brown bear appears before El'liera, towering over her, claws raised, razor sharp teeth bared as it prepares to attack.

El'lieral recoils in surprise as the bear appears, like a drug addict alarmed by a sudden violent hallucination. After a second she just laughs as if in relief and then ponders her response.

OOC: Combat started, due to El'lieral's slow responses everyone that has gone pre combat may go again now. You have 24 hours to post your actions.

Kazumi watches as the bear swipes one massive claw after the other at the woman, then leans forward and chomps its' teeth at her, it's savage bite aimed directly at the woman's throat.

Spoiler

Claw 1 - 1d20(4)+7=11 to hit, 1d6(4)+5=9 damage

Claw 2 - 1d20(14)+7=21 to hit, 1d6(4)+5=9 damage. If hit is successful, will also use grab (deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity) to attempt to grapple target 1d20(9)+13=22 to grapple vs target CMD to avoid being grappled. 

Bite - 1d20(7)+7=14 to hit, 1d6(4)+5=9 damage

While the bear attacks and possibly pins the woman, Kazumi moves forward (30ft) and casts another spell, her fingers moving through the simple forms of a very basic spell as she whispers the words and sends five magic missiles hurtling unerringly toward the woman. She didn't really expect it to do much damage, but she was using it to feel out the girls' capabilities.

Spoiler

Magic Missile - 5 missiles, automatically hit for 1d4+1 damage (2+4+3+2+3=14 damage)

The bear doesn't manage to get through El'lieral's enchanted defenses but the magic missiles sting the woman profoundly. (14 damage, though she actually has SR 27 for future reference, so roll a caster level check against her with spells that allow spell resistance)

Edited by GM Angel

Kerzin didn’t expect the greeting from the charming Dark Elf, sizing them up for just a moment he feels it would be best to hear them out... this isn’t a fight he feels he could win. Stabbing his Katana’s into the soft sand just to the left and right of him ready to quick draw them in a moments noticed he will fix his kimono to cover himself up rather then leaving himself exposed. “Well meet, Drow Elf. Not often I see your kind on the surface.“ He said in perfect drow. “I have made friends with followers of Elistraee back in my homeland, I have learned the language of my honored guest... But I have a feeling you don't  follow The Dancing Lady..” He said while clasping his hands together with a bow, afterward his hands come to rest on his katana’s hilts. 

• Like 1

"I do not." Jarlaxle agrees with Kerzin. "Though I am on friendlier terms with her priestesses than you might imagine, and how could one not be? It's hard to be hostile towards joyfully dancing naked women, is it not?" The Drow asks, raising an eyebrow and wiggling it. His other eye was concealed behind an eye patch that gave the Drow a silly, almost buccaneer look.

Malus and Elena finally arrived but they said nothing as Kerzin had seemed to develop a report.

"Lady Gold wants to disrupt our presence in Calimport and retrieve my friend there's blade Charon's Claw. However, I feel she is misguided, the Claw is as cursed as it is useful and not all Dark Elves are evil...surely you have heard of the legendary Drizzt Do'Urden? A friend of mine and a paladin in ranger's garb, I assure you."

Entreri's scowl deepened at the mention of the famous Dark Elf but he said nothing.

OOC: Players whom have not acted count as having taken the full defense action, after this post all players may go again as a new round begins.

El'lieral staggers about as she is battered and she finds she has a hard time concentrating under the furious assault. Why were these irritating adventurers attacking her? What did she do? She was being so kind and merciful.

Pathetic. The voice of Helthel; her hound, says in her mind and she looks around in confusion through the storm of skillful attacks and the hot roars of an angry bear. She spots Helthel near the edge of the road, though he doesn't look quite the same as he usually does. His form is correct but he seems made entirely of shadows now except for his eyes, which glow a crimson shade.

Why Shar would choose such a fool for her Herald is beyond me, but if you don't make a move soon it won't matter. The hound criticized her, seeming much more cruel than he normally was.

El'lieral tried to recall one of her powerful spells she could use it on the sadistic adventurers whom harmed her for no reason she could tell but she wasn't having a good brain day.

The hound sighed. I guess you aren't as special as you thought you were....oh well, there are a thousand fools waiting in line for the Goddesses gifts, your loss is meaningless.

Realizing she would die if she didn't do something El'lieral screamed out a word in frustration. It wasn't a word she had ever heard before and she had certainly never spoken it but its vile syllables cracked through the air like a thunderclap of evil, filled with cryptic but obviously malicious meaning.

Spoiler

All characters with a sense of hearing within 50ft take 8d6 (26) sonic damage and 2 vile damage. In addition they must succeed a Fortitude DC 23 save or be permanently deafened. Undead, Constructs and beings of evil alignment are immune to these effects. This is a supernatural ability.

*Darius hears her shout, feels the magical power in the air and all around him, it goes through him seemingly doing nothing, Darius is a little bewildered by this, but right now it was not the time to figure it out. Swiftly he spoke the word to activate the power in his boots*

"Asca."

Spoiler

Activate my boots of speed, when I mention the word again Ill turn then off or if I spend 10 rounds in combat whatever comes first.

*A surge of magic went through his body, magic his old friend, helping him once more, then taking a full martial stand that most wizard wouldn't know how to employ he delivers a devastating blow to the left torso of the priestess*

Spoiler

Normal Plus Hit with 3 point of Power Attack: +17.    
Extra hit from extra 6 Str Bonus and Charge   + 3
Total Hit: +20

Full attacks with haste 20/20/15

Damage calculation:
STR 24                                                      +7
Two Handed                                           +3
Weapon Specialization                          +2
Plus +5 Enchanted Weapon                 +5
Power Attack two handed damage     +9
Total: +26

Haste Attack:
Roll(1d20)+20:
16,+20
Total:36

Damage if it hit:
Roll(2d8)+26:
5,2,+26
Total:33

*In a flash a second attack comes to the right aiming to take the head of the priestess*

Spoiler

First Attack
Roll(1d20)+20:
9,+20
Total:29

Damage if it hit:
Roll(2d8)+26:
6,4,+26
Total:36

*Lastly a third a attack trying to impale her heart*

Spoiler

Second Attack
Roll(1d20)+15:
8,+15
Total:23

Damage if it hit:
Roll(2d8)+26:
3,1,+26
Total:30

I believe only the first hit landed still if I killed her let me know.

Darius has worn down El'lieral's wards almost to nothing (my storyline explanation for her hp and why she isn't just instantly cut in half as a small woman before an elemental's  blade, as opposed to actual spells) and she is bleeding from several deep cuts.

"Enough! Enough! I surrender!" She says, raising her hands before her in a gesture of defeat.

The bear reels as the sonic attack rips through it's tough hide, bits of fur and flesh blasted out away from the young woman in the purple dress, and it stands, dazed by its sudden deafness. When it moves again, its movement is clumsy and uncertain, and it looks about as if it doesn't understand what has happened to it.

Spoiler

Bear HP 42 (-28 sonic/vile) = 14 HP remaining.

Fort Save 1d20(1)+8=9 Save (failed)

Upon seeing the the young woman nearly slain and her ensuing surrender, Kazumi gives Lord Blackwood an appraising look and an appreciative nod. 

"Adam, " she says to the golem. "Perhaps you could restrain this young lady for a few minutes for me. I would like to have a word with her."

Spoiler

If Adam restrains the enemy, Kazumi intends to spend the required 10 minutes to cast geas and tell the woman, "you will cause no harm to the Lady Gold or those who serve her."

Caster check 1d20(17)+13= 30

*Still as an Earth Elemental looks at Lady Kazumi slightly embarrassed to be in this form, but he refuses to relinquish it until he is certain the danger has passed, he sees the Golem pass by and stand over the priestess and suggest he bear hugs her*

"You threatened to kill us, you will find me a lot more violent after that."

*He turns to Lady Kazumi and says*

"Hold the forth, I am going to talk our employer to see what she thinks of all of this"

*With that flies away and tries to gain an audience with Lady Gold*

Edited by PsychoSexual

"I said I'm El'lieral!" She protests to the Golem.

Suddenly Helthel was there standing behind the Golem. The Golem's shadow took a swing at the shadowy dog but the hound bit it, causing it to roar in pain.

Well, it seems you can't even summon the vast power Shar gave you yet. The dog tsked.

"Did I?" She says idly to the wizard before he turns away, ignoring the hound.

There are two ways for you to learn; the first, you die again, like you first did under Shar's touch. The second, and less agonizing way, you let me teach you...

"Who are you really, Helthel?" She asks out loud of the dog only she can see, her face twisted in suspicion.

The hound says nothing, but his maw splits wide in a fang filled grin.

Lady Gold has already descended from the carriage with her handmaidens and meets the flying wizard. Her hair shines in the sun and her eyes twinkle as she says to all the adventurers; "Thank you all very much, I can see you are worth the price."

She then looks to the Wizard as he floats before her.

Edited by GM Angel