GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

I turn my gaze upon the fair lady who has joined us. Yet another new and unfamiliar face. I am amazed if the people here can really keep track of all these people. They even outnumber most minor villages from Mainland.
"Greetings. Who may you be? You know of my name...did we talk at any point? There are so many new people here and it is enough work to write down every observation and experience I am encountering", I tell her, wondering why exactly there are this many persons if our own group is rather small in scope.

@IsabellaRose

Ferax turns the plate in place so the dates are closer to Hai Linh. "Dying is not to be feared, dying poorly is." the gladiator replies to the suggestion they might not survive. He gives a single, soft 'huff' of laughter and adds, "What greater glory than to die, facing a god?"

@PsychoSexual

He waves over the butler, "Brother, is it possible to send a runner to my ludus? I have no need of coin here. I would ask you to send a runner and have my people come and fetch it."

He excuses himself to bot Hai Linh and Nishka before he stands up and collects a knife from the table and pulls the boar close and begins to expertly cut slices and lay them neatly on the platter. He offers slices around the table.

@JennyDK

"Do you eat meat?" he asks. "Most here do, but I was denied until fairly recently and it is still something of a treat for me."

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories

Adam walked into the living room his head was on the cealing how tall he was and he walked on over where nishly was talking to a new face and where the butler was ."hey Nishky im not in basement no more " .He still had snippers in his hand he was holding him close. And was looking down at new guy "you knew person will be with us" the iron golem spoke few more words that where slow and deep 

5 minutes ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

"Do you eat meat?" he asks. "Most here do, but I was denied until fairly recently and it is still something of a treat for me."

"Yes I do. Us ratfolks eat everything we can find in Mainland. There is not that much food, so you can't be picky. Are toads part of human food as well?", I reply bakc and eagerly get to work on some fo the pork, letting out a happy noise from its taste, smell and all. I swallow and then continue to talk."Denied? Why is that? Did you not have mårney to get some? You could go hunting for boars like we do".

@Dozle The Crusader "Welcome to the dinner party. It is always good to see you Adam. What is a basement exactly? Is that some place I haven't seen yet? What were you doing there?",

Edited by JennyDK

@IsabellaRose

*The butler says trying to sound optimistic*

"My Lady believes you can succeed if you all work together. But all in good time."

@JennyDK

*The butler turns towards Nishka smiles and intervenes only for a moment*

"That is my Lady's wish that you grow into a team but for tonight just enjoy yourselves, I will have an announcement shortly"

@WritesNaughtyStories

*He turns to the Gladiator and says*

"If you wish to send it away, I can send a messenger but I think you will need it shortly, If tomorrow night you still feel the same I would be happy to grant your request"

@Dozle The Crusader

The gladiator looks up at the booming voice of the golem and raises an eyebrow, but gives no other outward sign of surprise. "A pleasure. Seems an odd thing to ask, but, boar?"

He looked to the butler as he waited for the golem to tell him that it didn't eat and said, "I have lived this long without this coin in my coffers, it will wait another day."

@JennyDK

Ferax turned his head and tried to work his head around trying to explain slaves. He opened his mouth closed it started again and worked his jaw to the side trying to figure out where to start. "Do you know what a slave is?"

Adam was looking down at the meat in the mans hand and her took his free hand out to the gladiator "i will try and even give some to snippers in my hand " the slow golem did not want to break anything "and basement is where a hole or lower part of a home"  He Said to Nishky  

@JennyDKJerell nods, "That would seem a good idea Miss Nishka."

He raises from his seat. Looks around, praticularly to the new comer, "Most of you have met me, I am Jerell, an ex-soldier now employed as a warpriest in the service of Iomedae."

"I fight with sword well and can stand in a shield wall as I have done since my days in the crusade. I have some skills in channeling the divine will of our Lady also. Some blessings and healing abilities."

@Dozle The Crusader Snippers takes nibbles of the food, but quickly spitting it out."Ohhh, Snippers don't eat meat. Not good for him. Try and give him some bananans instead. Remember to peel them,", I say and giggle at my turtle tryinf to eat some meat without success."Ohhh, how much space do Outlanders need? Why have a bottom room? These people have weird things, Adam", I say and laugh.

@Balthier "Ohh. I have my moments. I may not be the wisest of people, but I do consider myself smart and quick to learn", I reply and then watch him rise and speak out about his allegiance and skills. I assume this to be normal procedure, so I rise as well."Nishka Fleetfloot, born of Rala and Balthor Fleetfloot. I am a voodoo priest, a channeller of spirits, who unleashes curses upon the foes of this world. THey also help me out with providing aid to you in form of healing and health in general", I announce,.

@WritesNaughtyStories

Hai Linh nods to the gladiator. "Well said. Death holds no fear for the wise."

@PsychoSexual

Hai Linh shrugs and says to the butler, "it is not my place to speculate. If it is our fate to die, I intend to precede my Mistress Kazumi to the grave."

@JennyDK

A quirk of one eyebrow is initially the only response she give the ratfolk. The woman certainly does ask a lot of questions. " As I said, I am Hai Linh. I serve my Mistress Kazumi, who informed me of your identity, as well as that of the others selected by the Lady Gold. This house is rented by my Mistress and staffed by her people. You are her guest. If it is too congested for you, I am sure there are less populous accommodations elsewhere in this town." She stares flatly at the ratfolk woman, and then takes an offered slice of meat. 

She offers a nod to Jerell and the golem, then begins eating and listens, not wanting to interrupt the conversation.

Edited by IsabellaRose
  • Like 1

Ferax looks around the table for help but decides instead to wade headlong into the ownership of people. He takes a bit of a breath to clear his head and realizes why he like the arena. The expectation is clear. Fight Well. Die Well.

He slid the platter of boar back and sat back down to address Nishka.

Then, thankfully the priest stood up and spoke. Never a religious man, Ferax found himself suddenly very glad for the presence of the priest.

Ferax rose and took his turn, "I am a humble gladiator. I know little but the contest of arms."

• Like 2

Hai Linh stood after the gladiator. "My Mistress Kazumi is a sorceress of some ability. I have trained in the art of ninjitsu, and am her right hand. It is likely that the rest of our people will remain behind once we leave to attain our goal, but her magics and my swords will join this quest."

She nods once, a general sort of gesture not directed at anyone in particular, and then sits back down.

• Like 3

@IsabellaRose I do not at all sense the lingering anger and hostility in her voice and body language, which differs from what I am used to."Ohhh, Hai Linh. I will write that down. That would be awfully rude of me seeing as I was personally invited here. Tell me: Why is lady Kazumi not here? I hope she is not ill or worse", I reply back, ignoring her otherwise displeased demeamour."Nen-jet-su...that sounds strange.  What is this?"

@WritesNaughtyStories I look at him and is rather pleased with his brief speech, earning him a small warm smile in return.

@Dozle The Crusader "Ohhh, why are yoy down ther then? It seems very...actually, a lot like Mainland!", I say and laugh out loud.

Edited by JennyDK

@WritesNaughtyStories

*The butler momentarily interjects, looks at the gladiator"

"There are three more companions if they fail to arrive I will tell you about them"

@IsabellaRose

*The butler bows a little to the ninja*

"And Lady Gold is very glad for your Mistress hospitality. In particular my Lady enjoyed the baths greatly"

Edited by PsychoSexual

@JennyDK

Hai Linh replies to Nishka's question. "Manners are different from one culture to the next. I am certain my Mistress would not hold any decision against you that improves your comfort. As to why she is not here, my Mistress is otherwise occupied."

She closes her eyes and pauses. She rarely speaks this much. This many questions was tiring, but Kazumi insisted she treat their guests as she would treat the women under Kazumi's care, so she takes a deep breath, opens her eyes, and answers another question. "Ninjitsu is a martial art combing skill in battle with stealth."

@PsychoSexual

Hai Linh rolls her eyes. "The baths, of course." She knew what sorts of things Kazumi got up to in the baths. As much as she was devoted to her mistress and considered her like an older sister, she disapproved of her wanton and public sexual activities. A lady of her station she behave better than that.

@IsabellaRose "That is a shame. I was really looking forward to meeting with her as we had a session of meditation to attend to. If you see her, will you tell her she can do this whenever she has the time for it?", I reply back and hearing about ninjitsu business, and immidiately I try to "translate" it into terms I understand."Ohhhh, so you are like a hunter who pummels stuff? Would a bow or spear not be better?", I go on, clearly not getting it as combat is mostly done for hunting animals in our tribes.

@MIroque
*A messenger arrived at the Osirian encampment it, it was one of the workers from the in, he couldn't be more than a child of 15. He was scared by the imposing armours of the Osirians and he had to get asked why he was there before his fear allowed him to speak*

"I have a written message for... For... A princess... Nep..Neph... Nepthys"

*The boy said reading the instructions he had been given*

*If any of the guards to the messages he would run away back to the inn. And the message read*

'Lady Gold, invites Princess Nephthys for dinner as thanks for her protection and as a symbol of friendship between our nations'