GM Angel's Pathfinder Gameplay Thread

Just now, GM Angel said:

"Interesting...perhaps I could retrieve it, what do you want it for exactly?" Lessenor asks.

"You have your secrets and I have mine. Ill tell you if you teach me how you get your merchandise. Regardless, I assure you my only intention is to defeat Shar by any and all means necessary."

*Darius wonder if his lil 'joke' had been a grave mistake, he put his hand on his sword just in case and consider the rogue far, far more carefully*

3 minutes ago, GM Angel said:

"I should think that is obvious, I created it from nothing on the spot! Now, you're turn." Lessenor says with a jovial smile.

Lady Gold looks sharply at the Rogue, her glance reproving.

"Oh I am sorry, you seem to have misunderstood me, I didn't say I would tell you if you told me, I said I would tell you if you teach me how you did it"

*Darius says feeling a little relieved his little trick had work even better than intended*

2 minutes ago, GM Angel said:

Lessenor stares at Red for a long moment. "It's alright, I was lying anyway..." The Rogue smiles.

*Darius laughs loud and hard and it was hard to tell if it was a genuine laugh or if he was mocking the man. He moved aside so others might buy use the 'merchants' services. He already knew this day was going to be fun*

Kazumi makes her way down the stairs at her usual stately pace. She is the image of grace and her smile would put the most nervous or uncomfortable person at ease. Her long gown has an intricately embroidered bodice  which again display far more cleavage than most ladies would prefer, and it appears to have taken a group of handmaidens half an hour to strap her into. It highlights and accentuates her curves, ample bosom, and flat stomach, flowing downward from her hips to the floor, one smooth and shapely leg peeking out through a slit up one side with every step. 

Hai Linh follows close behind, her hair covered by a black hood-like garment wrapped tightly around her head. Her lower face from the bridge of her nose down was covered with a mask-like piece of cloth. Her lower legs were wrapped tightly holding her loose trousers to her legs, her feet covered with soft boots. Her twin swords protruded from over her shoulders.

Kazumi listens to the pronouncement by Lady Gold, glances at the key, and makes a motion toward the door. Tamiko, her majordomo, approaches and receives quickly whispered instructions, then hurries back out of the room.

"We are ready when you are, Lady Gold," Kazumi says.

She looks the rogue Lessenor up and down and quirks an eyebrow, then inclines her head toward Ferax.

"Greetings, Lord Ferax. Hai Linh tells me you will be joining us on our quest. My name is Kazumi Kei. It is a pleasure to meet you." She reaches out one delicate hand toward the gladiator in greeting.

Turning to Nishka, she smiles graciously. "It appears we will be forced to practice our meditation techniques another time, my friend. I was so looking forward to it, too."

She smiles and nods to Jerell and Darius as they speak with the merchant rogue, and offers a curtsy to Adam when he enters, smiling broadly.

"Greetings, Master Golem." She says, delighted to see that he is well and still with them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@IsabellaRose

*Darius was finished with the 'merchant' he hadn't laughed like that in a long time specially after he remembered deep in the back of his mind, one to whom, the name Lessonor belonged to. He was getting ready to fight and then he heard the beautiful voice of Lady Kazumi, he waits until Tamiko is gone before he approaches Hai Linh his hands nowhere near his weapon, on his right hand he is holding the Dahlia flower he just bought*

"Lady Kazumi you look radiant as always. Would you permit me?"

*He says offering to pin the flower to her gown*

Edited by PsychoSexual
  • Like 1

"Shit, Shar just made the Armory unsummonable to this planet." Lessenor suddenly curses. How he knows this is unclear.

Lady Gold looks at him in distress. "Can you send us there?" She asks.

Lessenor nods but qualifies: "I won't go with you, Shar can't know I'm involved."

Lady Gold nods glumly.

"Hang on to your butts." Lessenor says as shadows envelop each of you, transporting those among you whom are willing to the Armory of Darkness.

You appear in the courtyard of a Basilica of Shadow; The Armory of Darkness. A walled-in area open to the skies before a massive pair of doors that lead into an ancient domed church of purple-veined black marble.

The sky is pitch black, like an endless starless night. Within the courtyard are hundreds of statues, each depicting a dark god bowing towards a statue of a beautiful dark Goddess in the center of the courtyard. This beautiful being is clearly Shar. Oddly there is a statue at her statue's feet that does not bow, but rather crouches low and glares up at the supreme Goddess with hatred on his face, a face that looks surprisingly like the man Lessenor you have just met.

After Lady Gold and each of you that consented to be teleported arrive and take in the scene you hear a creak as if from massive wings and a gargantuan Shadow Dragon lands on the church's domed roof and let's out a thunderous roar.

"You....you beings don't stink of Shar's evil....Why are you here?" The Dragon demands.

Lady Gold looks paralyzed by fear so it is up to someone else to answer.

Everything just went by so damn quick and sadly right in the middle of a nice and quiet moment with me and the gladiator. Still, the news about having to get ready makes me jump out and get my stuff, which of course also include Snippers."Time to wake up little buddy. Looks like stuff is about to go down...and here I wanted a nice and lovely evening and night of sleep", I sigh out. Then I follow the instructions to follow to this place everyone is ranting about.

The place is otherworldly and indeed way different from the Spirit plane which I recently discovered I could travel to."I don't think we are in Outland anymore Snippers", I tell my turtle and gentle pet it as it yawns softly. Then suddenly a huge dragon appears and speaks to us. Having come face to face with huge spirits before, I look at it with a gentle smile.

"Hello there. I am Nishka Fleetfloot, servant of the spirit realm and balance of the universe. Who might you be, mighty beast? We have come here because my fellow travellers want to procure items from a vault...of some sort? Shadow...something? I forgot to note that down...I am sorry. I am usually better prepared. But yes, that is our purpose here", I tell him straight out in [DRAGONIC].

"I am Furlanastis the Ancient Umbral Dragon. Once mount of Kesson Rel, servant of Mask, the God of Thieves and I have been cursed by Shar to guard this place for eternity. If you wish to enter this Armory you must slay me, though I hold no ill will toward you. Only Shar's true believers are allowed entrance without conflict." The massive Dragon informs the adventurers glumly.

I quickly make sure to scribble this down, mainly to not let the dragon wait too long before I return to the conversation once more."Hmmmmm, I see. It seems rather unfair to kill you just to get some trinkets in all h onesty. You have done us no harm and therefore I see no reason to slay you Furlanastis. Are you certain there are no other ways for us to pass your gate? I do not wish to put harm upon you, but the power mad wizard will probably not hesitate. It is not my role to stop him or others from killing you, but I hope we can find out a solution with no bloodshed", I continue.

"I can hand over my burden to a willing creature with a certain strength of spirit(level 15+), but then they must guard here forever, unaging and trapped. If one is willing however they can open the doors to one group within a day of accepting while the enchantment is still reforming." The Dragon says, sounding a bit, but not much, hopeful.

1 hour ago, JennyDK said:

I quickly make sure to scribble this down, mainly to not let the dragon wait too long before I return to the conversation once more."Hmmmmm, I see. It seems rather unfair to kill you just to get some trinkets in all h onesty. You have done us no harm and therefore I see no reason to slay you Furlanastis. Are you certain there are no other ways for us to pass your gate? I do not wish to put harm upon you, but the power mad wizard will probably not hesitate. It is not my role to stop him or others from killing you, but I hope we can find out a solution with no bloodshed", I continue.

*Darius recognices the Greater Teleport spell that was use to bring him and those that consented here. He has barely bugn to get his bearings when the Shadow Dragon lands he is about to talk to him but the ratfolk witch is surprisingly quick*

*He of course understand everything she just said since he also speaks Draconic and it's impress with the Nishka's bravery in addressing a Dragon that could easily eat her whole and he was happy to let her do as she wished but she had to do what she always does and belittle in front of others and frankly he was tired of*

"O great balancer of the Universe, since you think me power hungry, I am sure you can deal with this minor inconvenience without my help. And of course without hypocrisy."

*His tone is mocking, but in truth he is not refusing to help or fail Lady Gold in her quest, merely to show the delusional witch she was going to need his help and that constantly antagonizing him wasn't going to work, specially for her*

*He then checks his Overland Flight spell still works by trying to fly just a few inches of the ground*

"It is quite easy juju caster, but I guess your mind is too caught up with mere trinkets that you overlook the vile deed it would be to slay a being not a threat to you. I wish to help get these trinkets if I am able to, but not on cost of a life that has done me no harm", I say with a flat tone, ignoring his indirect insults."Should this be impossible, then I suggest we seek such trinkets some other way. I do not want to anger the spirits - if they wish us to get these items, there will be a way"

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

"It is quite easy juju caster, but I guess your mind is too caught up with mere trinkets that you overlook the vile deed it would be to slay a being not a threat to you. I wish to help get these trinkets if I am able to, but not on cost of a life that has done me no harm", I say with a flat tone, ignoring his indirect insults."Should this be impossible, then I suggest we seek such trinkets some other way. I do not want to anger the spirits - if they wish us to get these items, there will be a way"

"Of course dealing with a problem by running away and doing nothing, how ingenious. I bow to your superior intellect."

*Darius says in an even more mocking tone, entirely unimpressed, he had faced three divine beings in little more than day, yet the most arrogant being he had met was the little witch who could do nothing and taught herself capable of passing judgement upon everything and everyone*

I let out a small laughter."You don't get it do you? I do not aim to throw this universe out of balance. I am not doing evil acts - that is not my path to take. PErhaps it is yours. Since you only see past this creature who has shown us no aggression or harm. I...I pity you...honestly. Do what you wish with it, but I will not partake in senseless slaughter if there is any possible other solution to this. You say I am running away? Think that if you wish, I will not let your petty insults get to me. I am content with how I view morality. What side of morality are YOU on juju caster? Tell us...please", the last part being the only thing I honestly seek to know.

"Furlanastis - is there ANY way past you besides reckless slaughter?", I ask the dragon once more.

42 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I let out a small laughter."You don't get it do you? I do not aim to throw this universe out of balance. I am not doing evil acts - that is not my path to take. PErhaps it is yours. Since you only see past this creature who has shown us no aggression or harm. I...I pity you...honestly. Do what you wish with it, but I will not partake in senseless slaughter if there is any possible other solution to this. You say I am running away? Think that if you wish, I will not let your petty insults get to me. I am content with how I view morality. What side of morality are YOU on juju caster? Tell us...please", the last part being the only thing I honestly seek to know.

"Furlanastis - is there ANY way past you besides reckless slaughter?", I ask the dragon once more.

"I am sure your morality will be a great comfort to you when Shar destroys everything and everyone including your swamp and it's people. I thought you powerless, I now see you are coward as well you rather do nothing and see things get worse than get a little dirty. Your morality above the universe and everyone in it, and you think me arrogant. Bah!"

*Darius catches his breath"

"You call me evil because I have been cursed with the ability to do math, I can see that killing one, two, five, ten or tens of thousands of people is better than all of existence being destroyed. If I must kill so many, to save all, so be it. If I must I kill kill the dragon, yourself, and everyone in this realm, including Lady Gold and myself, to end Shar's life, so be it. Though that isn't exactly plan A. If you must judge me Evil do so but do not ever think what I do is fun or easy"

*Then he goes quiet seeing Nishka at least trying to do something, though he doubts its possible, otherwise the Dragon would had surely broken the curse himself. He opens his spell book and finds the spell he is looking for Break Enchantment but he doubts even with his newly unlocked power he will be able to break the curse*

"Tell me great dragon, if we can't free you from your curse. Is dead preferable?"

Edited by PsychoSexual
Spelling, Grammer, Clarity

4 minutes ago, Balthier said:

"Does the curse prevent him from going inside and taking items out as well?" Jerell asks. Making sure his shield is ready, he will not be caught flat footed.

*Darius turns to the cleric who he had found to be wise and reasonable despite their philosophical differences*

"I presume the Dragon cant go against Shar's interests otherwise this place would be a smoldering ruin. But how do I wish you were right, to make our job so easy."

*Darius says sword in hand, he needed it to cast spells and even if the Dragon had made no attempt to attack them, Jerrell was wise to be in his guard so he followed suit.*

I do not address the juju caster's words, but instead I stay silent with a wide smirk on my face as I eagerly scribble down some stuff in my notebook. For now it doesn't seem like I intend to intervene in what is being said or done, at least not for the juju man.

"That was a good question priest Jerell. Certainly it is best to gauge our options before doing anything hasty or things we may come to regret".

As there had been an some sort of magical message, Nepthtys raised the alertness of the camp, but made no other actions. The short living races hurry on things, but ones you have lived few hundred years, one night, two weeks, an year start to look alike. There was so many secrets to unfold before making some halfass assault on divine fortress, on that divinitys backyard. Mere research of such place could take years.

And then there was that message or summoning. Even lowliest cutthroats send messager boys, as things should be related face to face. More so, if things at hand are important.

Edited by MIroque
  • Sad 1

Unsure of how he had understood the conversation, Ferax looked between Nishka, Darius and the dragon.

In simple common he said, "I will exchange places with the dragon. Gladly, if it means I don't have to listen to your incessant bragging, wizard."

He looked up at the dragon, "Make it so."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Furlanastis is about to respond to each inquiry when the Gladiator's offer surprises him. He leans forward and expels a cloud of shadow from his mouth which engulfs the Gladiator.

The Dragon then sighs as if in great relief. "Brave Warrior, you have freed me and may now open the gates for your companions. I am sorry for this curse laid upon you, you are now unaging needing not food or water or rest but this courtyard and the endless nothingness beyond the Armory are the only places you may reside in until you are slain or Shar sets you free, most likely from dying herself. As I can now leave I will grant you one boon if it is within my power, here, or in the universe beyond, just ask."

Edited by GM Angel