GM Angel's Pathfinder character discussion thread

Well, yes, we have our own thing and I have tried to build my spells and hexes around a theme. It just gets more overwhelming with even more and I don't see the need for many more, besides those I get anyway.

A class is simply, in my book, building blocks to help construct a concept and not so much a crutch to cling onto.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MIroque said:

well.. its up to you, but thats how the class works. Min/maxing in my book is trying to use waht ever obscure way to get more out of it. I meen, witch has 1 thing rest of the folk do not, and its the hexes. 

You are very efficient in your min/maxing. Some might say ruthlessly so!

But it's good you know the rules so well, will certainly help.

I was in assumption that undeads cannot be resurrected, but I might be wrong. 

But as Create undead allows to create undeads with souls (Intelligent incorporeal undead, on the other hand, are the physical remnants of souls without bodies who refuse to leave the Material Plane. Still other undead, such as intelligent corporeal vampires and liches, are material bodies that possess mortal souls twisted by negative energy.)

But no, seem that the soul will go to river of souls afterall. (after being destroyed)

But, dont know how much this has impact on the game itself? If the mad priestess wanted to die/act stupid, why would anyone bring it back? Lich on the otherhand, even it was comic relief, would be important to its master.

RAW (Rules as written) Raise Dead and the like cannot raise Undead, Resurrection and True Resurrection can. Story-line wise the issue with El'lieral's soul is that it travels to Shar's Divine Realm and falls into the Goddess' hands when it is released, giving Shar another toy to play with.

So by dying in Golarion does not take you to river of souls and boneyard anymore? Pharasma, the lady of Graves (the most powerful goddess in Golarion). 

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Soul

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Pharasma

And dying in the different planes of existance (like that Shar priestess, from Forgotten realms) is bound to local plane's laws, right?

Not that it really makes one bit of difference to players, but should meen a ton to GM with extraplanar gods and powers at work. As we (players) might need to contact our local gods/powers to help, as there are epic level mythical beings around... 

The world isn't strictly Golarion and I personally don't like the all souls from all cultures are under the auspices of one Deity thing. Didn't like it when Forgotten Realms did it either. In this cosmology if you worship a deity you go to that deities Divine Realm directly, if not you go to a plane of identical alignment to you or reincarnate or several other fates depending on your beliefs and your culture and the pantheon you worship. Likewise the planes don't have the needless symmetry of some D&Desque worlds but are independent realms connected by the Astral Plane in the case of the Inner or Outer planes or are coterminous with the material plane as is the case for the Ethereal plane Shadow plane etc.

Edited by GM Angel
  • Like 2