Old school games.

3 minutes ago, GM Angel said:

Actually this sounds a bit weird but I miss the days when all I had where just a few really good games, I got so lost in them and mastered the fuck out of them

I... actually know what you mean. I think Steam sales have ruined me, not financially but in terms of how much time I'm willing to dedicate to any one game. I have games in my library I've owned for years and haven't ever launched. I just naturally come back to a few core games - TF2, DOOM, a couple others - and let the rest just... sit there.

By the way, if anyone here wants to add me on Steam, my account is linked to my EcchiDreams account. Do please send me an EcchiText if you do add me so I know what usernames to expect.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, GM Angel said:

Actually this sounds a bit weird but I miss the days when all I had where just a few really good games, I got so lost in them and mastered the fuck out of them

I get what you mean. Now a days I look at my Steam library and think like "I don't know what to play..."

I feel.. extremely young reading this. Thankfully, my family did give me a bunch of their old stuff so I guess I do have some relevant consoles in mind?

My cousins gave me a PS1 with many weird old games like toy story racing, a white and black mickey mouse game-? I just remembered that, actually.. it seemed like a very, very old game

For something that's maybe way older, my father and uncle used to own an Atari and so I played some games on it like that 2d pixelated ping pong-ish game?

I had an old pc but nowhere near as old as the others you all mentioned.. I don't really remember any specs or anything about it

I also have a gameboy from a bunch of years back that I just found out of nowhere yesterday!

Aside from that, there's not much else, since I wouldn't say that I was exactly a gamer girl or even am one now, since I play games very rarely compared to my other friends.

I'm currently ripping and tearing my way through DOOM 2016 so I can play Eternal. As for "old-school" stuff, I plan on borrowing my roommate's PS4 and finally getting through Kingdom Hearts. I know, not exactly what you meant, but the timescale is relative, ya know?

DOOM has honestly been a learning experience for me. I missed the glory days of arena shooters, so even a hint of the speed and skill required for something like Quake is a completely different experience to what one gets when playing TF2 or Counter-Strike: Source (the only CS game I can stand). I really enjoy it, honestly, but I have had to retrain myself to use a more active playstyle.

I’ve been way too distracted by the endless time sinks that are several mobile games.  I have a lot of games and lot of them are older, I should get around to some of them again soon.  Closest thing I have gotten to recently is the PS4 remake Of Langrisser 1 and 2.  Semi-counts when the originals were on the Genesis.

I have the kingdom hearts collection but I pretty much haven't touched it yet due to being busy- I've recently played NieR Automata and watched NieR Gestalt and god they are amazing.. it makes me wish I had the drakengard games as a kid! Other than that.. I pretty much play any game my friends feel like playing? So there hasn't really been that much recently..

What I really want right now is to get a switch and animal crossing buuut.. that's too expensive for me. Other than that, I just watch people play games on youtube like markiplier, crankgameplays, etc.

1 minute ago, Ruri said:

I have the kingdom hearts collection but I pretty much haven't touched it yet due to being busy- I've recently played NieR Automata and watched NieR Gestalt and god they are amazing.. it makes me wish I had the drakengard games as a kid! Other than that.. I pretty much play any game my friends feel like playing? So there hasn't really been that much recently..

What I really want right now is to get a switch and animal crossing buuut.. that's too expensive for me. Other than that, I just watch people play games on youtube like markiplier, crankgameplays, etc.

I have considered getting a Switch too. I had money saved up for my annual trip to a con, but due to CCP virus that plan is ruined -,-

4 minutes ago, GM Angel said:

Darkengard was straight up amazing "high action despair" I would call them

I think my friend watched the 3rd game and he told me it was pretty nice! I was actually very surprised cause for once he liked a female character (he's seen too many tropes and dislikes like 80% of female characters in everything)

I think her name was Two? She seems badass!

Archived