Old school games.

Only now have I been able to reply here - it takes quite a long time to make a lvl 13 D&D character...especially spellcasters. Yeesh.

Anyway, I only like multiplayer games if I play with people that I know - most of the time anyway. Sadly, the stuff I want to play multiplayer I can't really find people for to play with me 😕

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when people like trash games like Apex that's unfortunately how that goes, because they would rather play that. That was a generalization based on experience, not saying your friends do. Luckily all of my friends are losers like me and we've been going hard with one another in Animal Crossing. It was the perfect time for a quarantine in that regard.

I had a phase were I really thought I would like racing games, since I enjoy driving so much in real life (not racing, sadly... maybe someday). So I went and bought one of the nice Logitech racing wheels - and proceeded to use it exactly four times before I got fed up with how damn hard racing games are, at least for me XD

...It probably doesn't help I decided to start with Grid: Autosport, which is... yeah. Don't buy that game.

My first few consoles were handheld, a GameBoy Color and a Nintendo 3DS. The games i played the most were Super Mario Land 2 on the GBC, Sonic Rush and New Super Mario Bros on my DS. NSMB was the first game i've ever beaten. One of my childhood games on my DS i played the most (next to Mario) was the Mega Man Zero games i had on it. I was bad at them, for sure. But i was enticed - which got me to my love for the Mega Man franchise, playing Mega Man X2 or Mega Man 7. Even tried MMZ again. While not my own, i also played Mega Man 4 and Super Mario World on a upgraded SNES my cousin had, which played NES and SNES games on it. Minecraft and Sonic CD took a bunch of my months away (with no regrets), on my first Non-Nintendo console - Xbox 360. Even played Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Generations too. Infact, Sonic Generations was also how i played 1991's Sonic the Hedgehog, as the game had Sonic 1 as a special bonus to buy in the shop. Sorry if this was too long to read - i just got really nostalgic here. Makes me glad I have an SNES Classic and a Switch with my Xbox One and PC.

What is NSMB?

It's a shame that Capcom really does not care about making Rocman games anymore. It seems like a promising title (well, until it reached the Playstation anyway).

I do think it's great the mini version exists, but I think it could be cool if they had different models with different games. Sega and Nintendo both had great libraries and it seems a waste to only offer a small handful of titles.

New Super Mario Bros, is what NSMB means. NSMB was pretty much a modern variation of Super Mario Bros 1, 3 and World, with some 2.5D styling. And for Capcom, i wouldn't say they don't care about making Rockman games, infact in 2018 they released Rockman 11: Gears of Fate after giving us Classic Collection 1 + 2. After that we also got Leagacy Collections for Rockman X and Rockman Zero, and is working on the new mobile Rockman game, Rockman X DIVE! And i 100% agree on the mini consoles. It would've been cool to see some of the other SNES titles such as Super Mario: All Stars, as well as X2 and X3. I've heard the Playstation Classic was the most disappointing in terms of the library of games. speaking of the PS and Rockman, i will kinda half agree, as I wasn't a fan of Rockman 8, but i loved Rockman X4, and thought X5 was pretty good too. I'm not touching X6 though.

But in all honesty, I never played very much Megaman. I have Megaman 2 for the NES, but otherwise I cannot recall playing the others beyond maybe up to 10 minutes on an emulator. Super Mario I find pretty overrated and overrepresented. While fun, it just seems like Nintendo doesn't really try to do much with other IPs, especially Metroid. I mostly prefer the Zelda games as they are not being oversaturated by titles and in general are pretty fun.

You should really give the Mega Man franchise a try for a full run! I suggest truly starting off with Mega Man 3 or 4 for a good first time. Then try either 5, 6, or 7. While 2 is pretty good, it's pretty overrated in most areas, except for the music. The games i listed are really good in the Classic era part of the franchise. 

Archived