Jump to content

Location: The wasteland.


JennyDK
 Share

Recommended Posts

spacer.png

The Wasteland. A desolate place of endless stretches of barren ground. Tree, bushes and in general the life of plants are shriveled up and barely holding by, with mostly contaminated  water to survive of.
This is the place of near ultimate survival, where you have no idea if you will make it even past lesser stretches of land. This is the place for total anarchy between the few groups of honest and non-hostile groups you may encounter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • JennyDK pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

@WritesNaughtyStories
As you move away from the last remaining bastion of the crumbling Nazi regime, you come back into the lonely, sad and unforgiving wasteland. Many kilometers of mostly nothingness with traces of a nation that long used to be here. Minor farms here and there as well as long since abandoned villages and minor towns. Trees and bushes are mostly bare and in general everything is just a momument of a world long since past.

Your path takes you through a tiny town with a few houses, most of which are at least half way decimated and ruined. Fences are mostly broken and a single car is toppled over with a skeleton trying to crawls its way out of it, seemingly depicting the person's desperation to get away.

 

Spoiler

If you decide to check things out further roll me Perception (hearing) TN 13.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petal was a little surprised he hadn't heard gun shots from behind him as he walked off, but there was no way he was listening to that guy give him advice on what to wear.

"Hundred year old fashion - and he's going to tell me..." Steel Petal wondered as he worked his way through the Wasteland. Petal had seen the bath tub and thought it might be nice to have a bath and they probably had one in Litchenstad...

He wasn't sure where he was heading, back toward the Ruins roughly, but he headed for a part of the Wasteland he rarely went. Maybe there was something useful or valuable to be found.

Steel Petal drifted into the corpse of town, still aggravated by the Nazi Major. "Proper clothes..." he grumbled to the skeleton at his feet.

He knelt and looked into the widow, trying to decide if there was anything worth examining in the car. As he cocked his head to one side he listened carefully, his pique forgotten for the moment.

Spoiler

Steel Petal rolled 17 using 3d6+2.  Perception.

Just (Sight) for a focus, but the dice gods have smiled.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: very nice 😄

It is getting rather late once you have reached the ghost town, meaning not a whole lot of light beyond the moon shining down towards the ground, gently illuminating the sad corpse of a settlement. Once more, dead silence  dominates the place. The most dominant noise is a lazy wheel on a tiny children's bike. A few more skeletons can be seen here and there as well. The car does seem like a likely place to find interesting stuff. However, your ear soon hears the gentle sobs of...someone. From the only house that seems slightly like it's standing up and provides cover and shelter from the outside world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steel Petal looked up from the car in the direction of the sound. He tilted his head to hear better but unsurprisingly it had little effect.

He took another quick glance at the car before casting his gaze about at the rapidly failing light.

'Better to do this in the light.' He thought. And rose lithely, peering over the car at the remains of the house that seemed to be the source of the noise. He moved carefully across the dusty ground between, suddenly struck by the thought that Litchenstad might not have this problem either.

'Pride? Hubris?'  He asked himself as he picked his way close to the house, and peeked in a window.

Spoiler

Steel Petal, rolled 19 using 3d6+4.  Perception (Sight).

Probably some minuses for the light, dirty windows, walls, but hey, it's worth a shot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sound does get slightly louder and obvious once you decide to come closer. The moonlight is rather strong, so while not overpowering, it still provides more than enough to get around and have a half way decent look around. As your eyes finally peek inside of the broken window, there is much darkness, but you do manage to make out smaller figure sitting inside, leaning up against a fully standing wall. This being is the source of the crying noises. Your fast and decent attempt to look around spots something on the floor in front of it. Broken...chains? Part of a collar? Blood? At least that is what this looks like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petal regarded the scene silently for a moment looking for an angle to profit from it. In the end he chided himself for being part of the problem and spoke through the broken window.

"I'm going to come in, okay? It's getting dark out here and you have the best cover anywhere nearby. I have food and can share to pay for cover. I'm armed but I'm not looking for trouble - I've kind of been finding a lot of that lately."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Besides the sobbing, there is still not much noises, so his voice really hits her easily and the moment it does,a hissing noise is heard and the figure instinctively scrambles over to a corner and in the darkness he can spot what looks like a red pair of eyes .
Heavy breathing is heard now, replacing her crying and it is clear that whatever is there, is very scared and probably confused. A few seconds passes by like this and seeing you are near the only exit and there is no other way out, she comes forward.

You see what looks like a hybrid of human female and...a rodent? A rat? You know mutants are a thing, but this...is still not the same.
victoria-yurkovets-skaven-sage.jpg

She is dresses in a ragged science clothing it seems and it is stained by blood. Her neck is still marked from where the thick collar used to be. Her hands look messes up as well, seeming bloody and bruised a lot. She still looks very wary of course, everthing taken into consideration."You....you not hurt Nishka? I...I no want trouble..please...no hurt...no kill..I..I'll be goood...just...don't take me...back there...they hurt Nishka", she says with a stuttery and unsure voice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petal pointed to the door, keeping both hands up and away from his body, "I'm going to come in, Nishka, is it?"

He moved slowly across the broken ground  and up the pair of broken steps to the door and pushed it open.

Once inside he could hear the -woman's? creature's? ragged breathing. He closed the door behind him and looked into the gloom and found the red eyes.

"Hey, calm down. Breathe. We need to be quiet, ok? I'm not going to take you anywhere and I don't know where 'back there' is." He tried to keep his voice low and soothing. He showed her his palms and stepped a little farther inside.

"Have you searched the place?" He asked, glancing around, not wanting to have a sudden fight on his hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While he is not threatening, she still takes a small step backwards, her arms looking ready to...attack? No...they more look like ready to block if there should be an attack on her."Yes, I Nishka..who..who are you? No one...here..only us..not much food to find. No more food left...all alone...bad men probably wanting to find me...after what Nishka did...",  she goes on, but does not retreat further back.

As he comes even further inside, the floor indeed does have broken shackles and remains of a metal collar. Her neck is red from scratches and bruises and her hands and feet the same. The heavy breathing eases down some luckily and you can tell her eyes are puffy and red from crying probably. Near the broken shackels and such is a rock splattered with blood."Ni...Nishka hurt...", she finally whimpers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"All right. Calm down. I'm Steel Petal." He said, his voice even and quiet.

He smiled softly, "I don't know who your bad men are, but I'm pretty sure they don't look like me. I can help you."

He looked at the shackles. "First, I'm going to get rid of these. Go ahead and sit down, rest a minute. I'll be right back and we'll take a look at you." He moved past the woman - definitely a woman - giving her as much room as he could to cross the room. He bent and picked up the broken shackles, rock and collar and took them into what had been the kitchen and hid them in the oven.

He returned to Nishka and smiled. "I have a first aid kit." he said shrugging off his pack and setting it on the floor. He squatted in front of it, his skirt pooling around him like a pool of night sky, the silver trinkets gleaming like stars.

"Did you check upstairs?" he asked as he pulled out the first aid kit. He gestured for her hand, "Let's have a look." he instructed softly, holding out his other hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Allright. I am starting to get some ideas for how to play her and what kind of person she is. Hopefullly that will be interesting for us both and everyone else.

Spoiler

Rolls: Perception (empathy): 19

For now she simply stands still, but not showing any signs of running away. She can tell there is no intention to hurt her. So she stays right put and silent until you return once more. then looks at you with pleading eyes."Thank you...human Steel Petal. Nishka would really like that...you first kind human I meet", she mutters out in a surprisingly soft voice. She is about to sit down when you talk about the upper floor. She nods lightly."Nishka look. There was only scary bone humans. It looked like two big ones and one small. Nishka also...felt..something...but there was nothing. Sometimes Nishka...feels...things she cannot explain".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'd listen to those feelings, Nishka." He replied, examining her wrist. "You hurt yourself with that rock getting those chains off?" He continued looking from her wrist to her face. She was a remarkably -beautiful? creature. HE wasn't sure how to frame it. He wasn't the standard measure of attractive either though.

He took out the bottle of alcohol and poured a little on a neatly folded swab of toilet paper. He held it up for her to see, "This is going to sting, but it will help get it clean so it heals. I promise I'm not doing this to hurt you. Ready?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She calms more and more down as no harm is now very obvious to occur to her. Her breathing levels out and her tearing dries up. She still looks quite exhausted of course, but at least now she feels like she can begin to relax and not be on the edge. She looks over the man who looks very different from those in lab coats she is used to. A soft nod signals her response, but she also adds her verbal reply as well."Nishka wanted metal things off very much. Nishka always had them on and not liking them. Nishka happy strange looking man comes to help. Nishka will let you do what you need", she replies and holds out her hands and arms covered in bruises and sores."Nishka can help too...good at not be seen and...take things", she says, hoping that her being of use will ensure her freedom and survival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petal gave a little laugh, "Not being seen is something I am not very good at." He cleaned up the cuts on her wrists with the alcohol and wraps them in more of the toilet paper, tying the make shift bandages in place with little strips of rubber, leather and plastic.

"Chin up, Nishka. Let me see your neck." he lifted her chin gently with one hand, tilting his head to get a better look. "Do you know where you're from?" he asked, pouring more of the alcohol onto a new pad of the toilet paper. 'Best find in weeks.' he thought with a silent, invisible chuckle. "Another sting, and I think we'll be done." he said, tending the would on her neck.

When he finished he put his things away. There wasn't much alcohol left. Enough to clean he up again tomorrow, he guessed. Then it would be back to spit. The toilet paper would last another couple of days of her woulds.

"That's about it for now, kiddo." He said, standing up in a single smooth motion,

He scanned the dark room for the remains of furniture to block the door and windows. Out here on the Wasteland a single light could be seen for miles, and unless they block the window he wasn't going to light the lamp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Small whimpers of hurt escapes her lips, but she accepts the treatment with amazingly low level of noise and twitching - she seems rather sturdy for her size (Constitution of 4). After her hands, arms and wrists are looked at, she feels her chin being lifted by his rather warm hand. As he asks her this, he can immidiately feel her tense up. Not a whole lot, but definitely enough to be noticed and she seems reluctant to answer that, at least for the moment as she simply shakes her head lightly. So for now she just lets him finish.

She sees you look around, but not sure what you are seeking to do."Nishka help Mr. Steel? What do Nishka need do?", she asks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He looked at her with a smile. "I'd like to find things to block the doors and windows with. I really want to wake up tomorrow morning. Once we're as safe as we can be,  we'll eat a little and maybe check out the place. I'm curious about your bad feeling upstairs - I believe it might be important."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A small nod indicates she understand your rather elaborate idea - something very abstract to her due to her life in chains and a lab. She has not had to think about safety before as such, but fear and pain was certainly part of it."Okay. Nishka understand Steel", she says and even gives you a minor smile and you feel like this might the first she has had on her lips in quite some time. She begins to help you with meager furniture at the ground floor level. The place is not overly big, but we both manage to somewhat put up stuff to help us not be easily seen or heard. The only thing about it, is that it lightly triggers the familiar sense of claustrophobia, but with the shackles gone, it is only a lesser feeling."We safe now? Should Nishka stop? Where we sleep?", she asks when it seems like you have stopped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petal moves with remarkable grace into the kitchen. "Let's eat, shall we?" He starts opening drawers quietly looking for utensils. His one spoon and fork aren't going to do the job. He looks under the sink, in the cabinets. Maybe there's a knife to arm Nishka with. He believed that Nishka had searched the place but he wasn't convinced she knew what kinds of things might be useful.

He points to the pack, "There should be a few cans of food in there. Grab a couple and bring them here, please."

While he searches the kitchen he gives some thought to sleep, "Not sure. Upstairs, maybe?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Her stomach is surely rumbling after having gone a long time without food. She gives a cute sheepish look at the notion of food being had."Yes please. Nishka very hungry", she says and for now she seems to be very open about her immidiate feelings and such. Her communication skills are still far from good (-1 communication). She sees you rummage around in the kitchen and she begins to mimick you in a cute manner, but stops once she hears you asking her to do something. She nods and does as asked and finds a pair of cans without a label. She shows you,  hoping she did it right. IF so, she comes over with them to you.

At the question about upstairs, she seems a bit discomforted, but does voice her concern."Upstairs...weird feelings. Maybe not alone. Nishka not go alone. Steel go with Nishka?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Does the search turn up anything?

Petal nodded at the cans and opened them, trying to show Nishka how.  When both were opened he handed her his spoon and ate his with the fork.

"Petal, Nishka. Call me Petal." He said between bites. He looked up, "You can stay down here if your really want, but I'd like it if you came with me - you can show me where you were and tell me if you get any other feelings."

He watched her eat trying to judge where she might be from, get some idea of what she was. He'd heard that the Nazi had all kind of weird science projects. Could Nishka be one of them? If so, maybe walking away from that dust free bath having castle was the smartest thing Petal had ever done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC:  OH right, sorry. I will outline it here.

Steel's searching around reveals a lot fo broken plates and such, but there a few intact and also some forks, knives and the like. The kitchen is not that big, but there is service for about 3 people in all totla, counting unbroken plates and utensils. OF course, there some pots and pans as well, though some of them are bent or very burned.
We then begin to eat, altough she is not yet used to using utensils, so it goes slow and kind of awkward, but she then copies the man in front of her and it goes better - at least enoguh to actually eat it."Nishka call you Petal. Nishka can go with you. As long as Nishka not get hurt. Want to be of help",

 

Spoiler

Roll me Intelligence (Biology) and I will tell you what you might find out about her.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

"Nishka call you Petal. Nishka can go with you. As long as Nishka not get hurt. Want to be of help",

Petal almost blows the canned stew out of his nose, and chokes a little trying to regain his composure, "Sorry," the pretty young man coughs over the back of his hand with an apologetic look on his face. "No. Let's not get Nishka hurt. Petal either."

When they finish eating, Petal gathers the usable pot and the utensils, adds them to the pack. He takes the lantern out and lights it, "Not much oil, so let's get this over with." he says, raising the lantern, drawing Thorn and starting up the stairs. He pauses several treads up, and turns around, "Stick close, OK?" He asks before continuing to the stop of the stairs.

"Can you tell me where you felt it, Nishka?" He asks quietly, lantern raised high and Thorn ready in his hand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Did you want to roll on Intelligence (Biology)?

She sees your rather sudden and lightly violent react, instinctively pulling back and almost letting out a small laugh. She gives a small not to the comment about neither of us getting injured and if you have survived on your own, surely you can protect yourself, she thinks to herself.

Soon enough the meal is over and she feels much better, even though it was just some bean and it was nice to have some water as well, being parched and all. Nishka readies herself as much as  she can when it is time to venture upstairs. Of course, by now the darkness is almost all consuming. The only noises heard are our footsteps, combined breathing and of course the creaky boards beneath our feet. The stairs going upwards leads to a hallway with two adjourning rooms. Steel Petal does not sense anything, but with Nishka clinging to him, he feels her shake lightly."Somewhere...weird feelings...l..left..room", she tells you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petal turned to the left shining the lantern ahead of them an peering into the gloom. He hate using the light up here - none of these windows were blocked.

He paused at the threshold of the door, "I need you to hold the lantern, Nishka - if something happens you back up and go downstairs but don't drop the lantern."

He offered her the lantern with out taking his eyes of the poorly lit gloom ahead of them.

"Do you feel it now?"

Spoiler

Steel Petal rolled 12 using 3d6+1.  Intelligence. Will do for most things.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Dreamers

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.