JennyDK

spacer.png

The town of Verdina in the titular state of the same name.
The place you go when you want to just be left alone. There is no guard force as such, but rather it is ruled by an overall vigilantism, where inhabitants are the primary rule makers.
As long you do not make trouble there will be no trouble.

Edited by JennyDK

• JennyDK pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Verdina, a city where Xenosha had found herself time & time again. The place was a hot spot for trade, where if you couldn't find what you were looking for in a local shop, then you could probably get it in a back alley from a black market dealer. But Xeno wasn't here to move goods on the Cartel's orders today, oh no, she was here for a more personal errand. "Martin, are you in?" she asked, rapping her steel-frame knuckles on the door of Verdina's general store. Gently, she pressed her palm to it, hoping it was unlocked. "Fisher? There is someone I am looking for. I hoped you might have seen him around here."

Edited by Shibari_Succubus

The door to Martin's small shop opens up and Xeno sees the face of Martin, with his eye patch on and all. His hair is a bit unkempt, but it is rather early still. He takes off the chain that is part of the security measures and opens up fully."Hello Xeno. Long time, no see. Glad to see you are still in one piece", he says with his usual warm smile and welcoming nature and tone of voice. He gestures you to come inside."You are usually bold this time...you don't have time to talk to your pal, Martin?", he ask and let out a light laugh."Sit down, please. I would offer you something to drink...but I know you are not into that", he goes and winks a bit."But I will be happy to answer what you need. Even free of charge".

"Free! I am so grateful for the discount!" She snickered as she stepped into his shop. "And of course I have time to chat. I've only just arrived in town, and you've always been better conversation than most." Striding over to the shop's front counter, Xeno hoisted herself up onto it to sit. Crossing her legs, she rested an elbow against her knee & used her arm to prop her head up as her glowing eyes gazed back at Martin. She had always liked the man better than most humans she'd come across. He at least seemed to have a decent moral compass. "I would take that drink if you would not charge for it as well," she said with a grin, "You are right, they don't do much for me outside of flavor. Tell me of you though! How fares this place, and your charity work? My business can wait for a moment."

• Like 1

Martin invites her fully inside his small, but cozy shop. Unlike most others, he does his best to make it a pleasant place to be, even how cluttered and tight it is. The sun's rays bathe the inside in a nice and warm golden glow. Martin moves behind the counter and Xeno can feel him looking her over an extra time and even give a small smirk from the view."Ohhh, you know I always love when you drop by. You look even more awesome and cool than ever. Is that a new glove I see? Very nice. As for me...well, the business is a bit slow lately, but the kids help every day just be a blast and so nice. Man, you really need to meet them some time. Perhaps..we can snap a picture of us together? I can tell them I know the most rad lady of the Wasteland", he says and laughs and smiles. Then he leans down and pick out a shot glass which he fills with an old whiskey from a dusty bottle and he pulls out a water bottle for himself."You know, you really don't come by often enough", he says and blushes faintly.

"New glove, new hand," Xeno lifts her head, freeing up her arm to display a flex of her fingers for him. There's a small hiss of air as the two cylinders of some kind of piston poke out of her forearm & then slide back in. "Gift from Cartel boss. My old one had been damaged. I do hope Cartel's market has not interfered with your shop. I try to make sure they sell different goods, so as not to compete for business." She leans back, lazily looking around the shop before resting her head against her shoulder to look back at Martin. "Cool, huh? You flatterer," she says, her tone clearly teasing him for his comments. "I suppose you tell the kids around here tall tales of how cool I am, hmm? My travels keep me busy, but I should be in town longer zis time. Maybe you can introduce me to your small friends. Get picture with them too."

He admires the lovely craftmanship and hardware being displayed in front of him while he takes a mouthful of water to quench his morning thirst."You really should try and not mess with those...as soon as they see no use of you, you will be a liability...trust me, I know how they operate and I woulld really hate to see you get hurt, Xeno", he says, with a slightly worried look on his face. His face brithtens up by your next comments about his compliments and request."Ohhh, well...I mean..I..well, I just like being honest..and all..you know", he says, looking a bit sheepish, but cute in his embarrassed state."Of course I do. You have very awesome adventures after all...and hopefully less bad ones than mine...", he sighs and takes another sip. His eyes even slowly move up along your thighs.

"I know, I know..." she groans at his warning. "I'm sure Cartel would turn me to scrap if it made a profit. But I watch my back, and they are reliable for repairs. At least they care more about wealth over violence most days." Xeno picks up the shot glass, looking from the whiskey to Martin, raising an eyebrow as she notices him staring at her body. Downing the shot, she sets down the glass & shifts her position on the counter. She swings her legs up on top of it & turns to lean forward, putting her face only a short distance from his. "Mmm, I'll bet you have plenty of good adventures around here. Or has Verdina gotten too boring since my last visit? My adventures always seem too dangerous, moving goods & chasing after madmen. I hardly get to relax. Not that someone like me ever really needs to, but you know..."

He sighs in relief and even shortly put a hand on yours to let you sense his concern this way."Yeah, they are very predictable that way I suppose. You know you can always come here in case you need to hide for a while", he comments back and smile softly. He notices the shift in your body of course as his eyes almost always linger on you whenever you are visiting. Then your face gets so much closer and while his blush thickens he does not pull away from your gaze."Well, this place is hardly ever boring, but compared to travelling no man's land, it is pretty tame. Troublemakers get taken care of faster here than most other places. There was someone trying to sneak goods from the store later a week back...oh man, I jumped right at her and we wrestled around on the floor. IT was more amusing than dangerous, haha!", he tells you and for a moment glance at your full lips."S...s..soo..uhmm...yeah...picture...for..for the kids?", he says, the intention certainly ALSO for them, but also for other reasons.

"Not often you wrestle girls on your floor, hmm?" Xeno said with a smirk. Martin's flushed looks were obvious to her keen eyes. She'd noticed it in past talks with him & often found it amusing to make him blush more with her dry humor if she could. "I am glad your home deals so easily with trouble. It seems to follow me quite often." Her line of sight drifted down to his hand, looking it over & lightly drumming her own fingers on the countertop before glancing back up to him. "I'm in no danger this time, but you know I always appreciate how welcoming you are. My travels have brought me to find someone else who might be hiding in Verdina. Some scientist, a possible danger to the people here." With deep sigh she smiles again & smoothly slips her hand out from under Martin's to tap lightly on his knuckles this time instead of the hard wood of the counter. "My work can wait though. Go get your camera & you can have your picture."

He hears your words and not being a dumb one, he gets the underlying meaning of it."Well..not that I never..I mean...uhmmm...well..you see..I...", is all he can muster to utter on that indirect topic. He sips some more of his water to try and calm down some, but he fidgets around with it a lot, so that it nearly drops out of his hands. It manages to stay though and he drinks a mouthful. For now he stays silent and lets you talk and finish."If there were too much trouble, I would not be having all the kids here, after all. I hope you understand that - their safety and happiness does come first, maybe even before my own", he says, not without a tiny bit of sadness."Great! I won't let you wait for long. Shall we take it in front of the shop then? You better believe the kids will love it!", he says and brightens right back up again.

• 2 weeks later...

"Yes, yes, I'm sure they will," Xenosha says with a small laugh as she waves him off. Sliding off the countertop & back to the floor, she casually strolls through the shop, looking around as she makes her way back to the front door. Stepping outside, she leans casually against the wall of the building as she waits for Martin to retrieve the camera. "You know ever since I met you Martin, I have always admired how you look out for other people," she says as he comes outside. "Most that I meet don't give a shit about anyone but themselves." She grins as she eyes his camera, & immediate leans her head against his shoulder when he moves closer for the picture. "Now make sure you get my good side."

• Like 1

A soft sigh might tell Xenosha that he did in fact mean that, but luckily he quickly recovers from that and you can feel how his gaze follows you all the way, though he does try to mask it. While he is an excellent shopkeeper and is great at haggling and such, it is like he cannot act the same way at all when you are around. It takes him a moment or two extra to finally realize you mentioned the camera."Wh..wh..whaaat? Ohhh..OOHH..ye..yess...camera...the camera. Sorry...uhhmmm..I was off in my own little world...sorry", he sputters out quickly rummage through a crate with stuff and finds an old, but functioning camera. Hardly does he get outside before he is complimented by you and his face turns bright red for a second."Ahhh...th..thank you Xeno..it means a lot..coming from you". He smiles sweetly and puts the camera on something and activating the timer. Before he finishes that, he nearly drops it as you do and say to that."Gahh...you...uhmm...startled me? Hehehe...", he says, a terrible liar as he tries to cover something else up with that. Soon enough the picture is indeed taken and he looks sort of awkward, but not too bad."You only have nice sides...you know", he tells you.

• 3 weeks later...

Petal hadn't been to Verdina in months and it wasn't a place he'd ever stayed for long. He'd always found just enough trouble to convince him to leave before he was asked to. He'd also never made either enemies or friends in town. As they drew near the plumes of smoke could be seen rising in the distance and the number of other travelers was much higher.

He turned to Nishka and Velvet, "Here's where we think lab coat went - there's going to be a lot of people." He sought out the Captain, "So, Captain - shall we go to the market and see if anyone's putt out word they want technical salvage?"

He might, at last, be able to get that bath...

Nishka is in a very, very weird, new and alien place. All the people, sounds, sights - even a light buzzing neon sign causes her senses to flare up, though not to an overwhelming degree. She sticks to Petal @WritesNaughtyStories for now, using him as her anchor to safety should anything pop out and prove to be dangerous. She clutches her powerfist and look around, smelling, listening - judging the place and its surroundings and inhabitants.

Verdina is pretty large and diverse, so the two lab experiments do stand out just a bit less than many other places. Though they still get some stares, especially from being in the company they are in - namely the uniformed men from Litchenstad.

Victor looks at Steel and nods."I think that sounds like a decent place to start without making too much of a "pointer" on us - we stand out enough as it is right now".

Edited by JennyDK

• 2 months later...

“I think that should do… perhaps next time you will be more careful, hmm?” Axel’s quiet, deep voice filled the room as he finished wrapping a clean bandage around the arm of a teary eyed child who looked up at him and nodded silently. The child sniffled a little as Axel looked over at the nervous parent hovering nearby, “She’s fine. I’ve cleaned and stitched the wound. She will be fine. Come back in four days so I can check on it, and see if the stitches can be removed. Just keep the wound clean and replace the bandage daily.” 

“Thank you, doctor.” The woman said, petting the hair of the teary child. Axel merely nodded before lifting the child from the examination table and setting her down. Once the two were gone, Axel let out a soft sigh of relief. They were his last patients for the day, and it had been a very long day. He sat down at his desk, flipping over the medical file that he had on the young child where he began to write notes in her medical record. Once he was finished, he closed the file, picking it up and heading into the back room where he stored not only the files he had on his patients but the medical supplies he had managed to get his hands on. There was also a set of stairs that led up to the small apartment that he shared with his partner, as it had been cheaper and safer for them to rent a two story house where he could use the ground floor as his clinic. While the apartment itself was small, it was more than enough for their needs. 

Once he had put the file away, he returned to the clinic where he locked the front door. Out of habit, he checked outside the windows to ensure that no one was watching the building. When he couldn’t see anything, he shrugged off his lab coat and hung it on the wall before he went out back and up the stairs, looking forward to a relaxing evening after the long day he had had, with his partner @JennyDK.

Britta has been pretty busy as well. Her old days living in the Wasteland has paid off luckily, as she is extremely good at peeking through any pile heap and usually finding at least something of value or of use. Today is no different as she went a bit north of the town for which the small state is named, through an old farm. Here she rummaged all she could, hoping to find anything that could make the trip worth it.

Perception (searching) roll: 16

After a lot of digging around for a few hours, she comes up with a few old cans (4) with no rust and thus ready to be eaten and a few bullets (8) for a rifle, possibly for the man of the house when they went hunting. Hungry already with her work, she heated the contents of one of the cans, being a nice serving of baked beans and chugs some water to go along with it, giving her much needed energy back.

After the minor success of the search, she heads home, just coming up the stairs shortly after her husband did. She opens the door and finds him reading in the couch they built together a while ago."Ohhh, hello darling. I am back finally...", she says and slips off the way too warm mask, revealing the bottom part of her face where her skin is basically every colour of the rainbow.

She slips down to sit besides him, leaning against him and smiling softly.

• Like 1

As soon as Axel heard Britta’s voice, he looked up to see her slipping off her mask to reveal the colourful skin that it hid. The corner of his lips tugged up in a smile as he watched her, pleased to see that she was well despite heading head to salvage. As she sat down next to him, he shifted his arm so that it wrapped around her shoulders, pulling her closer against his side, “Welcome home.” He soft her in a soft voice, kissing her forehead with loving and tender affection. Just her being there made him relax in a way no one could, and he felt the stress of the day truly beginning to bleed away. He closed his book with his other hand, setting it aside as he focused completely on her, “So were you able to get anything good?” He asked, pulling her head against his shoulder and resting his cheek against the top of her head in a close embrace.

• Like 1

Britta also feels any sort of stress and such things vanish rapidly in his presence, which is always the best part of returning home or simply spending time together with Axel. Before they found each other, she was always full of hatred, stress, doubts - basically nearly every singly negative aspect, which may have been part of why she joined a gang. Thankfully, that is all in the past now, at least usually, but she still feels guilt within herself and her dear husband is well aware of it as they hide no secrets from each other.

She allows herself to fully relax and rely on the comfort and presence of Axel and thankfully that feeling is mutual. She reache down to hold one of his hands and sighing softly in relief from returning from a trip - it is pretty known that any sort of trip, even to the market can potentially be dangerous."Thank you. It's always nice to come home. I didn't find a lot, just a few items", she says and empties her satchel bag onto the coffee table."Still, better than nothing at all. How was your day?". After that, she returns with a kiss on his neck.

• Like 1

As he felt Britta’s hand press against his own, Axel squeezed her hand gently in return, his thumb stroking against her skin. He watched as she emptied her bag on the table, and the meagre supplies that she had gathered. It didn’t bother him too much, especially when they had quite a sizable stash of food and water just in case they needed to cut and run from Verdina. With him being a Mindjacker, they both knew that he had a large price on his head if anyone found out about it and there were people that would like to see Britta with her throat slit and face down in a ditch. 

As she kissed him on his neck, he smiled slightly and pulled her even closer, “Better now that you’re here.” He said with a soft, deep chuckle, “But it was busy. There were a fair number of people that needed help today. Now I just want to relax, with you.” He said, looking down at his beautiful wife with a smile. He still couldn’t believe that, despite everything, Britta was the one he had fallen head over heels in love with. It stunned him even more that the feelings were mutual. While he wasn’t a man to really believe in fate, he often did wonder differently when it came to Britta, his beautiful Prism.

• Like 1

The mutant woman simply sighs even deeper in relaxation and relief, now that she has reached her safe harbour. Thankfully, this is the kind of place where everyone are welcome as long as they behave, lest they face the self proclaimed citizen militia, well, more or less anyway. She knows very well the dangers and of course prejudices they face, as well as what scientists with screwed ethics might do if they caught Axel. After all, there are some intriguin aspects to his kinds, especially for those with less than noble causes and goals.

"The feeling is indeed mutual. Still, I found more than used going there, so in any case it's a win as I see it", she comments on coming home and sharing her findings with her dear husband. Britta takes in what he has to say about his day and how that went. Usually there are some interesting stories to hear, which does break up the monotony of most days."Still, being busy beats sitting around all day? What might you do then...count the rats in town, haha?", she lightly jokes and gently prods him in the side with an elbow."So, what do suggest we spend our quiet evening on?", she says and snickers.

• Like 1

Axel chuckled at her joke, finding it quite amusing especially as there were so many rats that it would be an impossible task to actually count them. His chuckle deepened for a moment when she gently prodded his side with her elbow. At her question, he smirked a little. He lifted a hand and gently ran his fingers across the coloured skin of her mouth, “Mmm, the possibilities are numerous… But I think as long as it’s you I’m with, I will be content…” He said, his voice trailing off as he pulled her close and pressing his lips against her in a tender and loving kiss, trying to express in that small gesture how much she meant to him. 

Britta never really had felt any genuine care, attention or compliments from anyone. She never knew her parents and up until they freed the other slaves and fled, it was only harshness and struggling for mere survival. This is still survival, but at least she has one by her side that she cares for and vice versa. With her knowledge about the Vultures, she also had a bit of an upper hand with dealing with them, in regards to whhere and how they might strike next. For now, all of that is pretty much set aside as she finds her soft lips against those of Axel as they share a deep kiss together, her hand gently stroking his cheek, her mind forgetting the harsh realities of life and so on.

• Like 1

Axel’s eyes closed as he relaxed into the kiss, enjoying it as it became more passionate. He loved these small moments, when he had his wife in his arms and he was able to show her the affection he felt for her. He allowed the kiss to linger for several long moments before slowly pulling away. He pressed his forehead against hers and opened his eyes as he stared at her with a gentle smile. No doubt others questioned why Britta would pick him of all people. Due to his private nature, he preferred not showing much of himself to people. But Britta was different. She was the only person he had ever been inclined to allow to see him for who he really was. And he didn’t regret it. He reached up, gently stroking her soft white hair. His gentle smile then turned into a slight smirk as he said in a soft whisper, “Of course, if you keep kissing me like that, then I am sure to do something to you.” He then chuckled a little at his own terrible joke.

• Like 1

Luckily, it seems like two rather reclusive and reserved people have found each other and developed a proper understanding for one another. As she usually wears stuff to hide her "imperfections", as she calls it, she is rarily seen smiling, even if she does so behind what covers the lower part of her face. So in most cases, only Alex gets to see her doing so and a few people they feel comfortable around. Without even realizing it, she finds herself sliding into his lap and with her arms around his neck, a soft grin on her face."You are saying that like it was any kind of threat, haha. What is the big bad doctor going to do to a hardened former villain, hhhmmmmmm?", she says jokingly and let one of her hands slide below his shirt to rub his chest.

• Like 1