Setting up the game

Sure.

Add a time period, an event or a scene. I'll explain each separately.

"Between the Fall of the Cloud King's Empire" and "The Congress of Stars is named the capital of the Republic of the Midnight Sky" add a time period. This is a big span of time. "The Renaissance" or "Age of Reason".

An event is something that happens in a time period. "The Battle of Waterloo" is an event. So is "The Hundred Years War" (although you could easily make that a time period too).

A scene zooms in on individuals and their actions in an event or time period.

Does that help?

I think your epoch is fine but I want to clarify your intent.

By putting "The Dawn of Man" between The Cloud King and the Republic of the Midnight Sky did you mean to make the Cloud King (and his Empire) not human?

It's fine if you either meant to or did it by accident and want to keep it - none of us know any more about any of this than you do and these unexpected twists are exactly what makes it fun.

By putting the “dawn of man” in between the starting and ending period would make it so that humanity did not exist until some unspecified point between the “Fall of the Cloud Kings empire” period and the “Congress of stars period.”

this would imply that some other race was in existence and ruled over the Cloud King’s empire. Which is totally fine, and actually quite interesting. Hopefully that clears things up a little?

Edited by Bruhlord
  • Love 1

Question is, do we just allow the nesting, as I did, or do we just say one thing per turn? One thing per turn would slow things down but allow everyone to get a chance to interact with things before the original poster stamps too much of their vision on things. Doing it the way I did creates depth a little faster but allows a greater degree of control over things when they're first added.