OOC Chatter

All right, since there doesn't seem to be much of a strong opinion one way or the other, for the time being people will just introduce themselves in-character in the main thread once it's up. If it becomes confusing a dedicated character thread will be made.

This roleplay isn't designed to require complicated characters, though please don't let that stop you from adding as much detail as you want! Just make the general physical appearance clear and you're pretty much good to go 🙂

Edit: If you have existing characters from other roleplays/clubs, those are certainly welcome as well!

Edited by Peculiaritree
dfguidshfkgsk s

...That makes a lot of sense and I feel very silly for not thinking of it.

Yeah, OK, you know what, we're doing it Leona's way. There will be a character creation thread put up shortly as well, but you're under no obligation to use it or, if you do choose to do so, to follow any specific format. The theme here is "very informal."

@WhiskeyTango Hey when it comes to clubs the rules are to follow the guidelines of the club and of how the storyline goes unless a discussion topic is up to ask or think of ways to make it better. The last post was a bit out of context and out of storyline of the other posts. 

You can choose to edit that post if you wish but please follow the rules and guidelines in future. 

@WhiskeyTango @LeonaFair

To expand on what Leona said and to ensure future misconceptions do not occur (as I believe that this was likely an honest misunderstanding due to the current ambiguity of the club's description and rules), I will be updating the main page with a few pieces of relevant information and some guidelines to follow. I apologize; I should have done this from the start and this misunderstanding is therefore on my head.

2 minutes ago, LeonaFair said:

@WhiskeyTango Hey when it comes to clubs the rules are to follow the guidelines of the club and of how the storyline goes unless a discussion topic is up to ask or think of ways to make it better. The last post was a bit out of context and out of storyline of the other posts. 

You can choose to edit that post if you wish but please follow the rules and guidelines in future. 

Oh stop, I was having fun. All you had to do was message me in our pm that this wasnt the way to play. I'm new here still. 

2 minutes ago, Peculiaritree said:

@WhiskeyTango @LeonaFair

To expand on what Leona said and to ensure future misconceptions do not occur (as I believe that this was likely an honest misunderstanding due to the current ambiguity of the club's description and rules), I will be updating the main page with a few pieces of relevant information and some guidelines to follow. I apologize; I should have done this from the start and this misunderstanding is therefore on my head.

Are you guys serious? Lol Come on! It was a joke. 

@WhiskeyTango This one is also my fault. I asked Leona to make this a public message for the sake of having us, the club leaders, accountable as to our decisions, but in hindsight this was no the correct way to do things. Therefore, I sincerely apologize as well; I am equally new to running a club and am learning as I go along.

We do understand that it was a joke and are not angry at all. You will not be disciplined in any way for this, I promise, as the rules were ambiguous from the start. We are just trying to clear up a misconception that occurred as a result of my failure to properly set out said rules when founding the club.

1 minute ago, Peculiaritree said:

@WhiskeyTango This one is also my fault. I asked Leona to make this a public message for the sake of having us, the club leaders, accountable as to our decisions, but in hindsight this was no the correct way to do things. Therefore, I sincerely apologize as well; I am equally new to running a club and am learning as I go along.

We do understand that it was a joke and are not angry at all. You will not be disciplined in any way for this, I promise, as the rules were ambiguous from the start. We are just trying to clear up a misconception that occurred as a result of my failure to properly set out said rules when founding the club.

Oh thank goodness Pecu. I'd hate to be banned for posting a picture of Paul Lynde in a bunny outfit. 

Tbh I thought it was funny myself, just not context-appropriate. To expand on what the rules and guidelines will likely be, I propose the following:

Joke/meme characters will be allowed, but primarily in side threads. The main thread is, while not super stuck-up-our-own-asses serious, meant to be a calm, relaxing place, akin to a real tea party. Any other thread? Go wild, so long as the topic starter is ok with that.

Similarly, You MAY post your joke/meme characters in the Characters thread. There's no reason to disallow them there and, similarly, no reason to make a separate thread just for joke characters.

Once again, I apologize for this whole mess. It could have been avoided entirely if I had had made things clear from the start. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really do mean it.

@WhiskeyTango - Seeing as you'll be the person affected by these at the moment, do you think these changes are fair? If not, what would you recommend instead? I don't want to exclude people or ruin anybody's fun. In fact, anyone who wants to weigh in, please share your thoughts. We all have to "live" here, after all, so we ought to make these decisions as a community. What do we want out of this club?

1 minute ago, Peculiaritree said:

If I'm being unfair or an ass, the time to tell me is now. This goes to everyone - please speak up.

No. It's not that. I legit for fun, created an eccentric gay rabbit who likes booze and uppers, based off of Paul Lynde for a light hearted Alice Tea Party roleplay. You're not an ass at all. I'm just confused.

Just now, WhiskeyTango said:

No. It's not that. I legit for fun, created an eccentric gay rabbit who likes booze and uppers, based off of Paul Lynde for a light hearted Alice Tea Party roleplay. You're not an ass at all. I'm just confused.

Ok, I think I'm starting to get the picture here. I recall from our conversation on my status earlier today that the idea of making the club Alice in Wonderland themed was brought up. I decided not to go with that in the end, though perhaps I could have made that more clear. Thinking on it, I suppose there could be more "silly" elements to the whole thing, so long it doesn't descend into a total acid trip XD

So, here's my proposal: Keep your Paul Lynde rabbit in the main thread and we'll see how other players react to your post. If no difficulties arise, you're good to go, but if we start getting complaints we'll ask you to tone the madness down slightly. That goes, of course, for everyone else as well. Does that work for you?

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Peculiaritree said:

Ok, I think I'm starting to get the picture here. I recall from our conversation on my status earlier today that the idea of making the club Alice in Wonderland themed was brought up. I decided not to go with that in the end, though perhaps I could have made that more clear. Thinking on it, I suppose there could be more "silly" elements to the whole thing, so long it doesn't descend into a total acid trip XD

So, here's my proposal: Keep your Paul Lynde rabbit in the main thread and we'll see how other players react to your post. If no difficulties arise, you're good to go, but if we start getting complaints we'll ask you to tone the madness down slightly. That goes, of course, for everyone else as well. Does that work for you?

No I messed up. I misunderstood. It's ok. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up