sample_39d95ccb3e038652e676d3bfc6f521e6a83da567.jpg?2593817sample_f5c7590954cc5a78d652de48f52da0d2f9677796.jpg?2907113
"There's no black and white in war let alone gray. Ironically, we're those black and white, looking for gray while throwing our lives on the thin silver line"

Audi 17 June 20XX
Eastern District
08:37 PM

Amidst the crowd, two person is waiting for their superior. One is a guy wearing a black jacket with Black hair and brown eyes, other one is a girl with long black hair and blue eyes with fedora and vest. They've been here for an hour waiting for their superior. "Inspector Geneva never late as far as i know" Speak the young man "Think something is up Yuril?" he look at the girl who shake her head in response. "I don't know Kirov, perhaps this is another test? She scold us for dawdling when we should look for surrounding" said Yuril. The man groan "Yeah but what should we take note of? She didn't give us wanted flyer or any target. We're hunting blind here...". Yuril shrug at her partner "I know but Inspector Geneva also not one who told us to go somewhere without good reason either. There must be something here".

After few minutes, their phone ring to which both of them answer.

"Where are you both?"

"At the said District. Inspector, can you tell me what on earth we looking for here?" Ask Kirov

"I can't tell you. Because its better if you see it for yourself" said the inspector

"Seeing what? Another mobster attack?" ask Yuril

"Hold your tonfa Yuril, because we gonna fight something that perhaps, more exciting than mob with guns"

"I never fond of firearm, they loud and hurt!" mutter Kirov

"Then quit complaining and watch if something is off. You guys already did good job for years which is why i think its right time to show you what i investigate these years"

"You mean the Mevious case? The mob that capable to destroy literally  any stuff in their way?" ask Yuril

"Exactly. Honestly i try to investigate this myself but turn out i need more manpower. So far, only you both i find capable. I tell you this before you get ahead of yourself; i never give anyone second chance. Don't mess it up" said the inspector before hang up.

They put back their phone "Well, that sum it up but still end up with same result; no target specified" said Kirov with frown on his face. Yuril scratch the back of her head "Lets just observe for another minute. If you see some shady person, tell me". Kirov scoff at her "So you can knock them out even though they just civil entering an alley? No chance" he laugh to which Yuril sigh in respond "Give me a break, he wear the same cloth as the picture. It was accident!". 

As they throw remark to each other, they were surprised at the sight of badly beaten man coming out from the street behind them. They both quickly tend to the poor man who seems clinging on his live. It also attract people around them to which Yuril told them to call an ambulance.

"Hey, can you hear me? What happen there?" ask Kirov.

"..." the man having hard time to speak "Mevious...there..." he faint shortly after.

Kirov curse before turn his attention to his partner. "Yuril, we got our target nearby. Keep an eye on him until ambulance arrive".

Kirov proceed to search around where the Mevious is. Its not really hard to find as he just follow the track of blood from that man. "With that wound, he shouldn't even alive. What a tough nut that guy is to hold out that long" he thought. As he pass a dead end, he saw around 4 group of people. They all dressed in black with a gun on their hand. "Shit me, not another handgun!" he mutter as he ready his gun. "Hope my aim is not as bad as my luck!". And with that, the sounds of gun blazing can be heard. Its hard to keep up when being outnumbered by firearms like this. It didn't take long until there's just one left. The last person still turn its back on him. "Drop your weapon, hands in the air!" shout Kirov. As he take another step however, things got more weird. Those goons, they evaporate into thin air, leaving nothing but their guns. "The hell...?" Unfortunately, his amazement awarded with a stab on his chest. In his shock, he look up to see the face of the perpetrator. Turn out she's a woman with red eyes and short hair. There's no expression and all. Those cane hide a blade that now etched on his chest, stained by his blood.

"KIROV!" 

Those shout followed with gun blazing behind him. The red eyed woman quickly pull out her dagger from Kirov body, resulting him to fall to the ground. She dodge every bullet as if she know where it gonna hit. "Stop right there!" Shout the person with gun who turn out to be another woman with white coat.

However the red eyed woman simply point her dagger toward limping Kirov who start to losing blood quick. "One more shot...he'll join my rank..." She threat the woman.

"...Tch" she put away her gun "There, now your turn".

The red eyed woman sheath her dagger back to her cane and walk toward the woman in white. However she suddenly kick her cane up who quickly change its form into a gun and shot it toward the woman in white. But the bullet didn't hit the woman, instead it hit a man who's about to stab her from behind and vanish soon after like the other goon, leaving nothing but black steamy liquid.

"...Careless as usual still..." she told the woman in white before leaving the two of them.

The woman in white get a grip of situation quickly and approach Kirov to check her subordinate condition. "Damn, you're bleeding fast...lucky its not hitting the heart. You'll live, don't you die on me on Kirov" she mutter before pulling up her radio "Geneva here, Officer hit! Yuril, call another ambulance, Kirov been hit!".

Kirov grunt in pain "...Inspector? Shit...of all person who see me like this..."

Geneva shake her head "That can wait. Right now, you need to recover. I'm sure you already see for yourself what i'm after. Keep your question later" said the Inspector as she hold the bleeding.

"Fine by me...there goes my coupon for tonight free ramen special" groan Kirov.

It take another minutes for help to come and they quickly take Kirov to hospital. "What happen here inspector?" ask Yuril to which Geneva answer with depressed sigh "Many things. Go back to the station and make the report. Then wait my further instruction. You hear me?" she told her subordinate who salute her before leave the place.

Looking up at the top of building, Geneva saw the red eyed lady once again. Still without any expression on her face before left the vicinity.

"...Don't give me that look Magnolia...i'm trying my best to help you here..." mutter Geneva before she left the bloody ground.

7B1264B2A0CE113D8606E605AED365757A0AB956
"Right, wrong, you can't tell which one is the good move. But you can guess it however you like"

Audi Eastern-District
Winston Height Apartment
11:22 PM

"I got the report ready tomorrow. Anyway, District Chief seems agitated when he know what happen. What is happening back there Inspector?" Ask Yuril through the phone

Geneva sigh as she take a seat on the couch of her apartment "Many things. Just like what i said before. If i said that we just bump into devil, would you believe me?"

Yuril thought for a second "I would dare say you just tired but since its you, i think i can believe that...i think"

Geneva shake her head "Yuril you can't deduce stuff simply because your mind told you so"

"I know but hearing some nonsense from you is surprising"

Geneva chuckle "Glad to hear that. Most people just think i'm being imaginative. Anyway, about your question, as much as i love to explain it, i prefer to talk about that when Kirov wake up. I don't want to repeat the this kind of explanation twice. And also, i need my sleep"

"Good call, Kirov said you've been fumbling on your step lately due to lack of sleep" said Yuril

"He said that?"

"Yes. He might be try hard thinker who groan a lot but he do pay attention when it come to person" said Yuril

"Why he never be that dedicated often? Oh well. Lets wrap this up and hope Kirov wake up soon"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audi
Mother Sylvanna Hospital
10:34 AM

"...Hey Yuril...can you tell me why Inspector has that killing intent look while sit on the corner?" Kirov ask nervously when the two ladies visiting him "Its not about me getting stabbed isn't it?" he whisper

"Hey, don't treat Inspector like cold blood. We come here to check up on you, don't give us wrong impression" Said Yuril "She said she want to explain the yesterday event. I bet she just thinking how she gonna explain it"

"Oh right, those buster really know what they doing. But still, hostile vanish into thin air or steamy black liquid as they got killed? That's a good way to erase the trail" said Kirov "And also...that red eyed woman...what is she? One of those weirdo?"

"No" Geneva decide to speak up "That woman has been on the most wanted list for years. At first its just a violence but with just one year...she suddenly have an army. While it might make sense if she could be one of them, i assure you she's human like us" said Geneva "And her goons who come with her...they actually animated corpse"

"Necromancy? Sounds a bit far fetched" said Kirov

"Because its not necromancy in the first place. I'm sure you heard term of Nanomachine right?" ask Geneva

"You mean very small machine that so small it can be compared to DNA?" answer Yuril

"Yes, although not entirely. Mevious is actually code name for that little big problem. Mevious was a test run who suffer research hell aka a research with numerous reason that cause grinding halt way too many times: lack of funds, lack of material, even manpower. There's no result ever come up until years ago, its research bear a result when the Mevious react to certain individual that they called "Motherboard". By controlling Mevious, you can animate a long defunct appliance, cars, even big machine. But then, the research goes on to animate human to which they called "Frankenstein test". First they use animal body but it goes on to human. Realizing the potential, they decide to turn it into weapon for war. Obvious isn't it? By having so called necromancer, they only need to send "Motherboard" to battle, animating the stuff surround her include fallen comrade, only to have it backfired. Turn out, its too much for one "Motherboard" alone. After all, before transform into "Motherboard", they were human"

"I never heard of that research before. How about you Yuril?" Ask Kirov to which only got shrug response from Yuril.

"Guess the government did good job covering this mess. If it reach public, there will be unrest. And also, there's only one Motherboard here"

"That red eyed lady isn't it?" said Kirov

"Yes. Our job is to track her down and arrest her alive if possible" Geneva shake her head "But let me tell you, arresting Magnolia is harder than any terrorist attack"

"Why is that?" Ask Yuril

"Send whole squad of armies, she would turn the table by hacking the vehicle and use it against them. Sending few number of people to track and arrest her, they return to office, blasting their comrade head with their firearms before shot themselves dead and turn into black liquid"

"They got killed and then "animated" i assume?" said Kirov

"Yes. So no matter what method we use against her, it only bite us back"

"But for what purpose? Mevious as you state before, was meant for wars. Now that she's walking among society, what's her purpose? Revenge?" Yuril asked

"That...i cannot say. Perhaps there's certain person she wanted dead but it wasn't clear who. Or maybe she looking for something we don't know of" Geneva turn to her cell phone "She got nothing on her record. No birth certificate, no jobs record, school, credits, or even relative. Tracking her is like tracking ghost, and when we meet that ghost, we don't have time to speak up before blood spilled on the ground. It always end like that"

"So...why are we chasing her then? I mean its useless to arrest her with big number and more hopeless with small number" said Kirov

"Because there's a lady who can animate stuff to kill others out there and need to be stopped, isn't that obvious? As for why you here under my command, i need reliable source to track her. You both might look green but your success record to track and linking stuff to find the culprit or missing person is high. I need you guys to help me in this case"

Kirov sigh "So we both is your sniffing dogs eh? Why am i start to think this case actually revolves around you Inspector?"

"Hey, what's with the sudden change of tone? At least we got something to do. Although the risk is somewhat higher because we never get involved in action pretty much" said Yuril

Geneva nod "I just need you guys to track her down. When it came down to it, i advise to avoid any mean of contact with her. She might be fragile by the look but her killing records is stacked high"

"No kidding, even her cane is a piece of work made for killing. I thought she only got blade on it, then suddenly it turn into miniature rifle. She's really a woman who not just put up a fight, but also riot" said Kirov

"For the record, some people who got contact with her said it can turn into Longsword and Katana too" said Geneva "Wish i'm messing with your mind, but i'm not. Even i impressed with those crafty work"

Yuril snap her finger "Inspector, aren't you also walk with a cane?"

"Yeah, why? You don't thinking there's a blade or bullet in here do you?" Geneva frown

"No, i think i should use a weaponized cane too! Don't it make me look a bit cool at least?" She laugh

Geneva sigh "I only use my cane to keep my balance should i lack of sleep not for daily style you know. Anyway, it seems visiting hours is up. I expect to see you on the office soon Kirov. Come on Yuril, you still need to fill the report for yesterday" Said Geneva as she take her leave

"I already sent it on email!" complain Yuril as she follow Geneva

"I prefer it on paper. No buts"

"...can she just print it herself after download the file? come on..." Thought Yuril

c2930d96220e8507510d23a3609821948f112cae
"There's no words "me" on teamwork. You gotta stick together so enemy have something else to shoot"

Audi, Central City
APD HQ
18:30

"Well looks who come back from grave?" Joke Yuril when Kirov coming into their office

"Bugger off will you?" Groan Kirov "Are we making progress while i'm away?"

Yuril shake her head "Nothing. I try to track that red eyed lady but no luck. Well, half-luck since i only manage to find a former corpse litter the alley"

"Former?"

"You know, the black steamy liquid et cetera. Funny thing is the said corpse was killed for some time but it still steaming" said Yuril

"How is Inspector doing?"

"Worry about her are you?" she joke "That aside, she take the clue as usual; glare, muttering, whisper something, and leave the place"

Kirov only frown hearing that "You know i usually reprimand my client because that attitude won't help us track the target"

"Well i'm sorry if i overstep your terms of service"

Geneva step in. Both of them salute her immediately. "Do i need to make apology letter ma'am?" said Kirov

"That can wait. I found something that might lead us to our target" She gives the folder and USB "Observe the place to see if something is off. Don't take action if you spot Magnolia. She's more than she look when excited" and with that, she leaves.

"Wait, Inspector, what about you?" ask Yuril

"Observing somewhere. Magnolia wasn't fond of my presence so i might going dark. Rest assured, if things gone south, i jump in. But pretty much appreciate it if you guys run. I got no use for hero" she walk away and close the door, leaving the two to get ready for another chase.

"I find it odd that she's the only one who take this Mevious case. I mean, there's other world class investigator but so far its just her who's on the case" said Yuril

"Got something interesting? I'll pay for that"

Yuril wave at him "Nah, no use putting a price on doubtful information. Just like you, i always try to find out why we looking for the said missing person, and the client background. No way i help mafia tracking his own goon or running away debtor to be a fish food. So i do the same to Inspector Geneva. She's alright on her background but her investigation record is...just this one and nothing more"

Kirov cross his arms "How on earth person with little to no credible deed make it into Inspector rank?"

"That's why i don't want to put price on this. She had numerous arrest case but its all related to Mevious. If just catching cut-purse would make her Inspector, we should be a Chief District by now!"

"Speaking of Chief District, have you ask him about this? No way in right mind someone would appoint a person with such high title with little deed. We're law enforcement, deed speak louder than thin paper diploma" Said Kirov

"I might try that. But for now, lets play along with Inspector for a bit"

The door suddenly open, revealing annoyed Geneva "What took your sweet time? We got job to do. Do i have to drag you both with leash? Get going!"

"Right away Inspector!" both of them fumbling on their way as they follow the woman in white.

sample_9415b24ea1e80f0683b44d025a097808f80d8ee1.jpg?2259819
"There's no safer place than home, meaningful place like office, and scary place like the streets"

Audi Eastern District
Abandoned Train Station
23:03

"...Hey, wake up you block head!" Scold Yuril when Kirov almost fall asleep. The latter frown in response "Today stakeout is really slow...can we at least buy a coffee?" Mutter Kirov, earning a sigh from his co-worker "If by miracle you can kick a can of coffee from defunct vending machine, go ahead". They've been here for hours since their departure around 19:30. It is said Mevious were having a negotiation here but there's no clue if Magnolia is here. Geneva also observing from obscure location just so Magnolia isn't discouraged to come out from hiding. Kirov sleepy mood interrupted by a flashing light from afar. He nudge Yuril and tell her what he saw. In response, Yuril suggest them to hide. The flashing light turn out to be a row of cars. There's really a dealing coming up in here.

They can't contact Geneva since she going dark, yet aware that their superior probably notice the movement. There's a group of people walking up toward a train maintenance garage. They seems waiting for their partner in crime. Moving to another location, they split up and take a peek what's going on. A door opened, revealing a red eyed woman with cane walking toward them, followed by 3 shady companion.

"...What city mafia have to do with Mevious?" Ask Magnolia

"Cooperation. You see, while we take leverage from city folk, we do interest in dealing with Mevious project for...family matters"

"By all mean, making a disposable toy to do your dirty work?" Magnolia calmly accuse them

"Well...you can put it that way. But lets see here, there's more people out there want to see this deal through. We can negotiate this like civil minded criminal, or make things up through force?" said the man

"...and why should i scared of your family?" Magnolia sounds bored now

"You could say if you mess with us, authority isn't the only thing you should worry about"

Magnolia sigh and tap her cane few times. She's clearly want to get out from this mess "What do i got?"

"Depends, you didn't state your front payment when our messenger meet up with you"

"Give me time" said Magnolia

"Pardon? You do know we're past deadline for negotiation" warn the man

"Whatever you looking for, isn't here...you want me to draw the print of Mevious project right? There's no deal happening tonight..."

Some men start to surround her now, weapon at ready.

"I did tell you previously, either its happening, or happening in our own way" said the man, clearly annoyed.

Magnolia tap her cane once again "Do you think i don't know half of those men are Mevious? They got many flaw design so much that they stutter...i don't know who control them, but it won't last long from single strike. You already made your own Mevious, why bother making deal with me? My words...are those signal?" She ask when she saw a glimpse of light from one of his goons "I see...controllable Mevious, made from scrap. Classic, but inefficient since they need their controller nearby...pathetic, but at least you trying good sir..."

That's the end of the line and the man ordered his goons include his flawed Mevious to attack Magnolia. Only to have them attack at each other. Magnolia companion quickly spring into action when they sense the hostility towards their "Mother". Unlike those goons, Magnolia Mevious is close to human in intellect as well as respond due to their original material. However one of the goons Mevious suffer error and emit a magnetic pulse that drag many of the scrap, forming a possibly close to golem and attacking Magnolia guards.

"Hah, you see? They might be scrap but they're adaptable!" brag the mafia.

Seeing the table turned, Magnolia sigh and look at the "golem" of scrap straight ahead. "Do you hear me? Can you hear me? If so, did you hear what he said about you?" Magnolia point out toward the man "He call you scrap, a heap of scrap. Are you working with a person who will disown you in seconds?" Magnolia open her arms and a static can be seen shot out from her hands. Its not electricity, its Mevious coming out from her very being. "Before he disown you, disown him first...then you can die" with that, Magnolia left the vicinity.

The "golem" approach the man and end his life in grotesque way possible with one swift hits.

"What the hell!? Hey, who control that scrap!? Get a hold of it!"

"Its useless! That thing receive no signal at- oh shoot, run!" 

"Inspector! Can you hear me? Things got messy here and Magnolia running away!" said Yuril

"I'm on it. Try to catch up with me without luring the golem attention! Move!" said Geneva

"Roger, hey Kirov! Don't fall behind, we moving!" said Yuril "My words that golem sure is piece of work!" 

"Let it be, at least the goons will keep it busy!"

Its hard to move around in this mess since there's stuff thrown at by the berserk golem. Not to mention there's so many ricochet bullet here and there thanks to panicking mafia goons who open fire at the metallic golem. When they about to reach the door, they stop when one of Magnolia guards get in the way. They pull out their arms and fight their way with this Mevious. "You sure these are corpse? They seems as hard as punching bag!" said Kirov as he manage to hit the guards. "Inspector, we got a little bit troubled here, might get late to reach you!"

"Damn it, alright, if its impossible, retreat-"

"Heads up!" shout Kirov as the golem rush in towards them "So much for not luring attention! This sure give me a jolt to stay awake!"

"Forget this, lets retreat and find other way while we can! Geneva need us!" Shout Yuril as things got more mess than before. Thankfully the golem attack irrationally as it strike everything that is not Magnolia. But their run cut short as the golem immediately catch up to them.

"For size of a big boy, he sure is fast!"

"Nothing stop that thing! He's getting close!" Shout Kirov

As their chase goes on for almost half-hour, a loud gun fire can be heard as a bullet pierce the golem chest. Its still persistently chasing them so another shoot fire to its legs. Either the bullet is powerful or the golem is fragile, its lost a leg and stumble down. Both of investigator see what's happening, only to be called by their superior not far from them.

"What a mess this turn out to be" said Geneva

"Inspector, what about Magnolia?" ask Kirov

"Vanish to thin air. Perhaps she prepare her own escape route. Somehow i think she know we're here too" said Geneva

"What do we got from this by the way?" ask Yuril

"Those goons seems able to make their own Mevious although flawed so bad. But it still count that its possible for people to try to make Mevious for their own agenda. Might as well report this founding when we get back"

"I thought Mevious is hard to build" said Kirov

"Making them is like making a remote control. Its easy. However the hard part is their algorithm. See that golem? They follow their controller but they didn't exactly has their own algorithm other than the one given by their rightful owner. As result, it attack people blindly since their signal gone crazy and since there's no algorithm for exception, he attack everything"

"Wait, Magnolia seems emitting a static stuff from her hands before" sad Yuril

"Mevious...no mistaking. She may "hack" the golem and add herself to be excluded from target"

"But not for long i'm afraid..."

A sounds of footstep and cane can be heard approaching them. Its her.

"Magnolia..." mutter Geneva

"My business here isn't with you Inspector...i just want to make thing clear. I can't control everything with Mevious. But from what happen tonight, there's possibility that there's other Mevious like me lurking around with their own skill..."

Kirov point at her "From what inspector said, she refer you as...necromancer?"

Magnolia nod "Figuratively speaking, yes. Are you...familiar with Frankenstein experiment? That's how my Mevious works. Those golem however, are exception since its not made from a living. Its hollow and has one set of mind; to destroy" Magnolia approach the defunct golem

"But you control it" Geneva point out

"No i don't. I already told you i can't control everything. Hollow machine can do nothing but grind their gear. I just add a grease on it by adding myself as exception so he don't attack me, nothing more. It still act on its own consciousness. Had i still there when the grease is off, it would attack me for sure"

"So there's difference for your necromancy huh?" Said Kirov

"Necromancer wake the dead body as husk, without souls in it. I only use the husk, but their consciousness are each of their own. They can rebel, they can follow order. The reason why they follow my command is because their "souls" need a guidance. I just happen to fit their criteria..." Magnolia turn to face them "If you don't believe me, you can see it for yourself..."

The golem suddenly lift its arm and aim it at Magnolia. But a loud gun fire from Geneva gun destroy those arms before it crush her, leaving Magnolia unscratched. "See? They don't have any sense of gratitude. They just heap of junk, shouldn't expect much" said Magnolia as she walk away.

"Hold there!" shout Geneva

"...if you shot me, go ahead. You know those bullet won't hit for a reason..." Said Magnolia, continue her step.

The three of them sigh in defeat. Once again Magnolia slip easily for second time.

"I wonder why we can't arrest her right away" said Kirov

"Don't you want her to put you back on hospital?" Said Yuril

"She know what she doing and know the risk, that's why"

"Why you don't shoot her though? Surely one shot on the leg is enough" said Kirov

Geneva sigh "Do you think how many people never return when they did just that?" 

"How are we gonna arrest her then? We can't let criminal run around, you told us that"

"We will get her. But not in such way. Have patient, when we saw her weakness, that's when we strike. Unless you want early retirement, just do as i ordered" said Geneva "Lets head back, we got report to do. And this mess will certainly attract authority. We need our rest"

Kirov sigh "Finally someone who speak my language...Q-Ball Bar everyone?"

Yuril laugh "You ask ladies to go to cheap bar?"

"Screw you, you drink there too, heck, you even owe a tab there!" said Kirov "I'm buying, come on"

"Inspector you coming?"

Geneva thought for a second "Maybe one drink won't hurt. Lead the way"

As the police siren get closer, the trio quickly move on from the bloody station, leaving the authority with big question mark the moment they find out the defunct golem in their wake.

Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon_2019_12-20-19_001.j
"We drink when we're in sorrow, we drink when we're happy, we drink and be merry. But if nothing going on, we drink to make things happen!"

Audi Near Red-Light District Alley
Q-Ball Bar
01:32

"My words, it sucks to have our money running away like that" said Yuril referring their poor performance

"Have patient, just follow Inspector order. Period" said Kirov

"Are you mocking my order Kirov?" grunt Geneva

"No, i just unhappy as you. Seriously, i want to shoot her and be done with it!" grumble Kirov

"Do that, and she will put bigger hole in you. I see that way too many times. Bear with it" said Geneva as she drink

"So how we arrest her? Chain her and drag her?" ask Yuril

"Arresting her is easy, her Mevious is the real deal. If you guys harm her, she would emit a signal that she's in distress. Remember that Magnolia is a Mother to Mevious. They are more than glad to break her prison cell if they had to" said Geneva

"I take it happen once?" Ask Kirov

"Yes, have you heard about Cell Block C-26 incident? The one that blasted off for no reason? Its actually a suicidal Mevious blowing up her cell. Its a miracle she's unscratched" said Geneva

"So we need to deal with the Mevious first? How?" ask Yuril

"That's the question. If we harm her, thousand Mevious might gone berserk inside Audi. But if we let her, another crime would occur" Geneva take another drink

"So what do we do now?" ask Kirov

Geneva turn to face the two "We prevent the crime before it happen"

"...Inspector you know that there's no smoke when there's no fire right? You know crime always get things first" said Kirov

"Not if we keep Magnolia in check. I will check the city map where she always been. And then we conduct stakeout. If any of you saw her, don't make any contact or even harm her. She never forget a face. Just observe her and don't jump in without backup" said Geneva

"What if she find us first?" ask Yuril

"Pray there's no need for violent. So far Magnolia act reasonably much to my surprise. But if she can turn table around like how she did to those goons, no one can tell her next move. Kirov, did you remember after she stab you, she shot the Mevious behind me?"

Kirov nod "I do. That Mevious almost got you but Magnolia for some reason let you live"

"Maybe it had something to do with her Necromancy? She seems despise any hollow minded machinery" said Yuril

"Didn't i told you before that she use a corpse for her Mevious army? She might prefer a dispensable army that able to stay with her a bit longer than easily disposed product" said Geneva

"But if she can do that, shouldn't she able to make whole armies?" ask Kirov

"By digging everybody grave and got caught in headlight? Even Magnolia isn't that desperate" said Geneva "However i do question if her ability can be used to living human. So far, she never do that. When she stab Kirov back then, she didn't turn him into Mevious even though she got chance"

"Perhaps that's not her style. She mention Frankenstein. So its either corpse or...well, dead man" said Yuril

"Speaking of dead man..." Geneva turn to Kirov "You almost become one Kirov. You better know when to retreat"

Yuril nod "Agree, its hard to carry your body out of that alley. How about pay my tab in return?"

"You did say you buying right?" Geneva chirp in

Kirov shake his head "I told you i'm buying, but pay your own tab Yuril. My words, these lady are thirsty" he grumble as he take another shot.

Another few drink later, Yuril scold Kirov for not drinking much. The latter frown and said he just basically drink a mere root beer because he hate hangover. Geneva currently taking a breath outside.

"Excuse me, are you friends of the lady in white?" ask the bartender

"Yes, we are. What is it? Make it quick!" said them both, clearly out of it.

"She just drink a whole bottle. I was worried if she's drunk but she don't look like it" said the bartender "I fear she might floored outside which is not good should it happen"

The two decide to walk outside, only to be tripped by each other. "Goodness, Kirov, use your eyes, not your groin!" said Yuril as she try to get up. The man however didn't let that slide "Look who's talking, you bump me with that barrels chest!". Yuril grunt "Huh? What? You envy my body?" She tease him. "Oh screw you, you're warm beer!" shout Kirov.

The moment Geneva return, she just saw her two subordinate try to molest each other in public while shouting slur and other sex insult.

"...both of you, 100 paper of investigation report" grunt Geneva as she drag them both from the bar "Bartender, keep the tab on this guy account. It might sober him more quicker if he saw those zeros" said Geneva before leave the vicinity with the two loud subordinate.

tmb_153957_3753.jpg

"Nothing could teach a man better than a humiliation and trauma. After all, experience is the best teacher"

Audi, Outskirt
Abandoned Tunnel
16:07

Among the silent inside those tunnel, a footstep can be heard approaching from the darkness. It inch closer to the only light source on those tunnel. The footstep stop as the person bath in the light source. A lady with short, black hair, red eyes and a strange mechanic arms with a cane on her right hand. She close her eyes, trying to calm herself from her troubled mind. Opening her eyes slowly, she heard another footsteps coming. She sigh as she walk away from there. There's no sign of panic or distress shown on her face. As if she is a doll who only show one expression etched by their maker. While there's no sign of emotion, her movement did show a sign how annoyed she is to the group who chasing her. Her cane tap angrily but she did her best not to vent out her emotion.

Seeing another light source, she stop once again. Seeing these light somehow bring her to memory lane. No need to guess if those memory are good or bad as Magnolia just sigh when those footstep once again approaching, followed by a angry shout. She calmly move away from there, going to the right tunnel. As she focus on running, she remind herself about the trouble she caused. So many people died by Mevious. And she was responsible for all of it. But even so...

"Is it my fault...?" She can't tell if this problem start from her action.

As she reach another split way, she take right one again, walking among the darkness of the tunnel. She's able to figure out her way as her cane is the one who led her in the darkness. She hope the darkness would able to stop her pursuer. But unfortunately, she can tell the ruckus behind her its her pursuer. They might prepare a flashlight knowing where she run off to. But Magnolia didn't show any sign to move quickly as she just walk like nothing happen inside those tunnel. As she reach the end of the tunnel, the way is blocked but not completely as she can manage by climbing it. Even though she's alone, she can't help but blush a bit since she climb those ruin while wearing skirt. "Focus..." She scold herself as she climb the last rubble and be on her way.

Looking around, she found herself in a tunnel where there's a broken subway train and other stuff that seems like an subway station. She wonder if this station were used before. But then she realize this is the place where Mevious show its ugly head. Magnolia felt unease and it shown on her face but she quickly hide it after taking deep breath. "Don't get distressed...it would bring more trouble" she thought to herself.  But even so, she can't run away forever. She had to put an end to this chase or they will caught her. Its not that she worried what they gonna do to her but instead what she gonna do to them. Chasing her with just handcuff and guns blazing won't end well and they should know what happen to their dead comrade.

But her chase seems continue on as she heard another footstep coming it. Her pursuer seems using other way since the way is blocked and they might think she goes out through to hole in the wall. She's glad she didn't choose to do so. The longer she run, the more eager her pursuer chase her. And eventually...

"Halt!"

They caught up to her. Weapon in hand, the group approach her with gun pointed at her. "Put that gun down. I'm already cornered" said Magnolia. But the group didn't buy that as they still point that gun at her. Magnolia seems calm but now, her internal emotion got mixed. Eventually, she end up distressed by her situation. She curse herself knowing how bad this situation is. Not because the gun or possibility of her death. But instead, how THEY gonna end. The moment they take another step, 4 Mevious appear in shape of patrol officer. They quickly take care their "mother" pursuer. The silent tunnel quickly filled with gun blazing and terror scream. Magnolia was displeased as she close her eyes. Its too late for them to run or regret as they meet their demise. Magnolia open her eyes and saw those Mevious stand by. She walk to the corpse that lined up by those Mevious as if they showing her their spoil of war. "They never learn..." She mumble.

Magnolia tap her cane as Mevious particle come out from her very own body and get inside those corpses. Among all of those corpse, only one that she deem compatible with Mevious. Its body twitch and move in erratic way, even going as far to move their body in weird angle. But after minutes passed, it finally stand up like other Mevious before it. 

Magnolia was displeased by their action but she aware its her own fault to bring them here. Whenever Magnolia is in distress, Mevious nearby will pick her call and goes to save her in their own way. Knowing is useless to talk to them, Magnolia walk away without any words thrown, leaving the mess in the tunnel as she walk outside while being followed by the Mevious like a child following their mother footstep.

• 1 month later...

dana-klaren-bankvault2031-60.jpg?1443372664

"People got money, power, but they lack control! So other try to manipulate them obviously, what of it?"

Audi, Central City
Compass Bank
11:22

A row of cars has rush toward the Compass bank. Apparently, there's a sloppy heist turn well done in their favor as they manage to get to the bank and get the prize. But somehow, they didn't held hostage, they just brutally attack everyone. Knowing how messy things are, police sort out for special team to take care of the situation. Things got a little hairy as the squad discover that the group of lucky fellow if not sloppy, are very cunning and manage to pin them down instead. "Its like they bring whole armory. Their ammo seems infinite..." said one of the squad "No shit, i manage to shot their legs, but they still run and gun my squad!"

Seeing the oddity, Geneva were called to sort things out. Calling her subordinate, they quickly answer her call. "Hey, aren't we just a sniffer instead a shooter? Why would we bother to apprehend a bank robber?" Ask Kirov to which Geneva respond "Mevious. Any question?" Yuril decide to speak up "But what can we do against them? They seems brutal and unstoppable". Geneva shake her head "I know how, but i need you guys". Hearing that only make Kirov suspicious "Need us to be meat shield?". Geneva stop and turn to face him "What if i did? If you want to quit, this is last chance" she resume her walk. Kirov only sigh in response "I need food on table...fine, but make sure you girls drag me away from there. Things gonna be exciting real quick".

The moment they arrive, the place is surrounded by many line of police and special squad cars. There's also some journalist who keep people updated in this strange bank heist who somehow manage to success albeit very sloppy. "Compass bank are known for their security, has been breached by small number of people with advanced equipment. Surprisingly, the robber manage to hold off many attempt from special squad unit. They currently sitting duck while there's possibility a hostage remain" said one of the reporter.

"The hell? All this squad are down to gutter?" Ask Kirov to which Geneva answer him "Mevious are persistent being. They even try to run even when limp". Yuril look around to see the situation "They also mention the robber is well equipped. They've been here for hours. Strange they didn't make a run for it even though they got a chance. Are these one of those flawed Mevious?" Geneva nod to Yuril assumption "Since they didn't act very human-like, they are not as dangerous as Magnolia Mevious, but stay sharp". Kirov proceed to ask the previous topic "So what we gonna do? Borrow the shield and barge in?" Geneva shake her head "No. This Mevious is probably flawed, meaning their action are controlled somewhere. Find master controller, and cut the chain of commands" said Geneva. Yuril give salute but then realize another thing "If they are controlled, why the person who control it didn't tell them to run?" Geneva only has few assumption "Either it broke or they can't control it. I assume they are one of mafia like the one Magnolia encountered. If my hunch is right, they probably still around here because they can't go back empty handed, else their life handed down to them by their boss". Kirov decide to make ask another question "What if the controller broke?" Geneva shrug before answer him "Then we got another golem trouble".

Kirov and Yuril make their move as Geneva got herself involved fighting the Mevious inside the bank. "How do we track those master controller?" ask Yuril to which Kirov answer "Just find an odd car, or perhaps check any alley or some parking lot. If you see strange clean luxury cars that seems very odd, that's them" said Kirov "Oh and make sure pay attention to their license plate".

Leaving the two on their own device, Geneva find the chief in charge of this squad. Showing her badge, they didn't ask much question. Armed with only a modified handgun, Geneva enter the bank without any sign of hesitation. But regardless she still on guard. If these so-called Mevious is capable to bring trouble to the anti-terrorist squad, who knows how it end if its Magnolia's Mevious who is known for its intelligent and battle ready. It didn't take long for her to find the said culprit. There's no need for negotiation anyway so they quickly open fire at each other. "Tch, they firing sloppily but that's what make them dangerous" she thought before coming out from cover and shoot one. She manage a headshot but she know its too early to celebrate. "Persistent boy aren't you?" she give a chase to the said Mevious but quickly get away from bullet shower when there's Mevious with heavy weapon. "Just my luck!" she curse as she move from one cover to another. Since its too dangerous to fight those heavy weapon, Geneva concentrate on fighting the smaller one. It took a few shot before the Mevious fall down for good. "Now then, time to deal with the big boy".

"Inspector! We're screwed!" report Yuril through the radio

Geneva quickly pick up "Make it quick!"

"I shot the controller by accident!" 

"Hey! You okay there Inspector!? I saw some strange static aiming toward the bank!"

Geneva look around "Static?" and there she saw it. The said Mevious with heavy weapon somehow combusting and the fallen Mevious were pulled by magnetic force. Its not just them, the rest of metallic material seems pulled into the combusting Mevious. "Damn it!" Geneva run as the floor giving up thanks to the weight of the evolved Mevious. The bank lost its enigmatic elegance as the foundation fall off one by one.

"Inspector! Respond!" said Kirov

"I'm here! My words, that was unexpected! Things gone south here! Tell the Anti-terrorist squad to pull back ASAP!"

The two know better than to ask as they saw a barrage of bullet fired toward the sky like an Anti-Air cannon. "The hell!? We gonna fight that!?" said Kirov

"No you don't, tell the squad to bring their heavy unit. This thing is bigger than its worth!" said Geneva.

The said Mevious somehow turned into a walking Anti-Air guns and it firing like crazy. Its a wonder Geneva didn't get blasted by it. 

Meanwhile, the people outside begin to run as the firing cannon quickly spreading outside. Kirov and Yuril manage to reach the chief and told him what to do. "Finally we can have a real blast!" said the chief out of excitement. Perhaps he plan to do that but not able to do so "You sure there's no hostage?".

"Sir, even if there's one, i don't think they would survive. And so far, i don't see any crowds but these nasty things! Get your heavy toy out! We're sitting duck if this thing go out wild in the open!" shout Geneva

As she try to survive from the near dying experience herself, the help finally arrive. A barrage of fire from the attack helicopter quickly divert its attention to its harasser. To give that thing more trouble, there's also a squad with small anti armor cannon firing at will. This give Geneva a chance to run outside of the bank. "Inspector! Get down!!" shout Yuril before a missile blast the building down along with the Mevious. It also resulting Geneva to be blown away due to the explosion radius. The impact also affect the building around it as the glass shatter and some people also felt the impact from afar.

"The fuck was that chief? Was the missile really necessary!?" Said Kirov before running to find his superior.

The said Chief also confused. "Boys, who the fuck told you to fire a missile?"

"Sir, there's just us" said the helicopter pilot "We're not having a green to fire any missile at all"

They were confounded with their predicament. "So...who did that then?" ask Yuril as she look around the place. She come to realize the blast also a bit odd. The radius of blast is way too small for a size of missile. And if she look at the assault helicopter, their missile is fully equipped for blasting down an area. "I don't see any vehicle armed with missile other than the helicopter...what on earth just happen here?" she mutter before she decide to follow Kirov.

As the crowds disperse except for Journalist and the Anti-terrorist squad, one person look at the mess she cause with flat expression. Magnolia sigh in relieve before leaving the perimeter. "I guess i got carried away there. Sorry for the miscalculation Geneva...but you owe me anyway".

a617b1d7a59f7634c4758ee110d386cc.png

"Everyone can be a good man through and through. But not every good man can lead"

Northern Audi
Zimmer Family Mansion
22:21

A gentle step followed with a tapping cane on the ground lead the red eyed woman to luxurious mansion. As she reach the mansion gate, she state her business and told that she need to meet with the family chairman. Stating her name as if the chairman know her, she was responded with a nod and let her through. She's not alone though as she is followed with the 3 Mevious who ready to take things up to their hand if it goes south. Its not like Magnolia was planning to fire a shot here. She never resort to violence even if the people ask for it. She only resort to that if they start the fire first just so her Mevious has a clear reason to end them. Again, she never fond of that when it happen. Every step she take, all of the guards of the mansion make way for her. Some even bow at her. "Bring me to chairman room and tell him i'm here" she told one man as he nod and escort her.

Facing the double door, she wait for the approval. She motion her Mevious to go away before entering. Inside, there's just one man in wheelchair. One might think handicap person won't be able to achieve much but here he is leading a biggest crime organization. "If its not Magnolia Lazareva aka Mother of Mevious...what do i owe this visit?" ask the man.

Magnolia give a slight bow to the man. "To tell you to stop abusing malfunction Mevious. Its dangerous for both side. You lose more than gain" said Magnolia without showing any emotion.

"Well, i don't plan to unleash them mind you? I just use it and sell it to those family who desperately want to laid a hands on it" said the man

"But how do you sold them to your rival without getting shot on the head first?"

"Connection. I sell this to black market as anonymous, told the merchant to never sell this except to some family no matter what, then? Profit. Thanks to that, we almost never lose a man over a petty heist" said the man as he shift to comfortable position.

"Playing with fire can get you a trouble mister" she sigh as she tap her cane on the floor.

The man know better than to argue with the Mother of Mevious, especially if she already tap her cane to the floor like that. "Well i know when and where to throw a cards. Beside, i also helping you by selling the poor quality toy to the said goon for a heist isn't it? I keep wondering though, why you seems so concerned about certain someone who so dead set on chasing you? People would normally throw everything to shake the police off their arse. Yet you clear her path. Don't think i didn't notice, those berserk Mevious at the bank was destroyed by your hand isn't it? Why? That snitch could've died there and you would be able to roam free"

Magnolia was silent for a second "I need her alive"

"Why? Got something personal?"

"Family matter"

"Oh, i'm surprised. Does she a runaway goon of yours then?"

"No. But whatever it is, i need her alive..."

The man give a nod "If you want to capture her, why not using your toy then? They can do the job flawlessly"

Magnolia frown "I got a plan but i need her alive and unscathed. And i don't plan to capture her just to get her off my back"

"Fine i won't press thing further. Is this just a friendly visit or you got something you want to ask of me?"

Magnolia nod "This might be too much. But i want you to stay clear from that woman path. Pull a heist as much as you like but when she's there, i want your men out of her way. Can you do that?"

"Trying to outsmart a bullet? My word, you're kind of asking for it. But i won't mind since you didn't blast us when we use Mevious for our own profit. Still, i want to know why you're so obsessed with this lady who so eager to kill you"

"I said its family matter" she tap her cane again.

"Fine fine, every woman and their secret. I will order my men to do as you said. But there's no guarantee they would happily put that words in mind. Some of my men think you're bossing them and they don't like it. Me? Well, we do business. If you're good, my hospitality is yours. Simple math really"

Magnolia silently nod "Thanks for your understanding. On another note, i want your men to steer clear from that woman because no matter how many guys you throw, she can shrug it off easily"

"Just like you do?"

"Yes...but unlike me, she don't need Mevious..." she take her leave after that.

The man let out sigh of relieve. "My word, talking to her is like talking to a smoking guns...seriously, why does she want that police woman chasing her? Not just chase, but also make path for her? Oh screw it, family matter she said" he chuckle as he mock Magnolia words. But regardless, he know better than to mess with Mother of Mevious so he just run her request by ordering his men to steer clear from Geneva.

1275041.jpg.a5c5a21332400990e47bc96ba69e169a.jpg

"It's a wonderful day when we sit together with our enemy and having a nice chat with a cup of tea. Until one of them decide to be an asshole"

Audi
Central District Bus Stop
11:51

Kirov just finished handing over the report from yesterday incident. He wonder what on earth just happen back there. He heard Yuril statement, claiming that there's no such missile on board and not to mention the missile on the assault isn't fitted to destroy a building but an area. The only thing that capable for such destruction is actually a mortar bomb but there's no such equipment either and not to mention the chief call them crazy to bring mortar to a terrorist attack. The only explanation he can get is someone is at work and they know what they doing. "But that was exciting though..." he chuckle as he put his phone away.

"May i sit here?" ask someone who just come here.

"Oh my bad, sure" Kirov nod to the person and scoot aside. Then he notice who it was. Its a lady with a cane and red eyes. Magnolia. Expressionless as always, she calmly sit down beside him as if she give no regard about a person beside her. Of course Magnolia know who Kirov is since she almost turn him into Mevious on their first encounter. She never look anywhere else, just staring dead straight ahead as if there's something catch her interest. Kirov don't know what he should do. Geneva strictly instruct him and Yuril to never take Magnolia lightly and never try to catch her alone since she's more than capable to kill them on site. There's many record about her and all of it is real deal. But seeing their main target in front of him like this, Kirov couldn't help but trying to find a way to subdue her.

"Don't" Magnolia suddenly speak up "They here".

Either she read his mind or just speak randomly, she successfully stopping Kirov from doing something that he gonna regret later. "Can you see them?" ask Magnolia without bother to look at the man. Kirov wonder what she mean and so he look around him. Some people around the crowd was staring at their direction. Kirov know who they are; Mevious. Seeing he's clearly at disadvantage, Kirov let out a sigh and abort the idea. "Were you bring them here? Are you gonna cause a trouble for us?" ask Kirov to which Magnolia respond that its her Mevious who looking for trouble, not her. Kirov however take that as self-defense just so she can get away with her crime. But after he decide to cease his approach, those Mevious return to their business. Guess they really protect their mother anytime anywhere. 

"Is inspector with you?" Ask Geneva. Kirov scoff "What's this? A small talk? If so, look at me in the eye. Its rude to talk without facing your conversation partner" said Kirov, clearly don't care if it rub Magnolia off. But she do as he ask and then repeat her question again. "Inspector got caught in the blast but she's alright. But the impact cause her coma and she might wake later if she's lucky" said Kirov "Why do you care?".

Magnolia shake her head "My word, you shouldn't say that openly. I could go to hospital right now to end her life" for the first time, Kirov saw her smile although just a little. "Don't mind me, i got job to perform. I hope your superior got better soon" said Magnolia as she tap her cane. She wonder if she should paid Geneva a visit later but not with empty hands. "It was nice to talk to you. Give my regards to Geneva once she wake up" she stand up and take her leave along with her Mevious. Was she just come here to check on Geneva condition? Kirov can only guess. "Fuck me, i should've learn when to shut up next time" he grumble as he take the bus to the hospital where Geneva is being treated.

• 1 month later...

c7632b47f09730a55534bcdaaad5551b.jpg

"If you think your art is a piece of work. Try sell it to hospital. If they bought it, you're the real piece of work"

Audi Memorial Hospital
13:21
Room 461

Kirov finally arrive at the hospital where his superior being treated. However it is also noted who he encountered before he come here. He can only hope Magnolia just messing with him. "I should've learn the words shut up. Now i'm worried" He thought. As he reach the door with a number "461" on it, he open the door slowly and get inside. He's greeted with calming silence atmosphere. "Feels like library. Only with smell of medicine to make the difference" he thought. Walking toward where his superior rested, he's surprised Yuril isn't here. Or perhaps she's already visit first before go back to work. But now that he think about it, he didn't hear anything from cheerful lady this morning. He might consider to call her later to talk about work.

But first thing first, he need to check on his superior condition. "The blow is enough to knock her out. But since no injury, she should've recover by now with nasty headache" he thought. The moment he saw her, turn out there's another person. However its not Yuril. But Magnolia herself.

"Ah..." The red eyed woman turn around when she felt another presence "Its you again..."

Kirov once again keep his guard up. However Magnolia shake her head, telling him there's no need for violence or rash decision. "I just come here to check on her. But she seems out like a light" She told him to which Kirov ask "Am i suppose to believe that?"

Magnolia understand why Kirov stay on high alert around her. It was expected reaction. However Magnolia could tell Kirov won't gonna do anything without his superior order. And its true. After all, Kirov was instructed to never raise a hand on her no matter the situation. "Is there anyway for me to convince you i'm here just to check on her and nothing else?" Magnolia ask.

"No, i was instructed to never make any move by myself when you're around. However she doesn't instruct me to be friendly toward you either. Sorry, just doing my work here as subordinate" He told her.

"Is that so?" She give nod to him "I understand. I'm not coming here to convince you i'm a good person anyway. Since i don't want to disturb your superior recovery, i take my leave now" she take her cane before she left Geneva side. As she take few steps away, she was stopped by Kirov hand on her shoulder. This of course bring question to the Mother of Mevious. "Were you planning to break your superior order?" she ask bluntly.

Kirov shake his head. "No, i want to know why no one seems able to touch you even though you keep waltzing around us"

"I suggest you to don't find the answer..." She told him with exhausted tone. Never thought its gonna come to this.

"Thanks but i want to know anyway. You're one piece of work after all"

Magnolia tap her cane twice. "Fine, but not here. I don't want to cause any damage from answering your curiosity" she proceed to leave without bother to face him. If he's curious like he said, he'll follow her anyway. They move from the room, toward the hospital garden. In there, Magnolia stop on her track and turn around to face him. "There we go. Now then, how i'm suppose to sate your-"

She found herself dodge at Kirov hands who try to apprehend her. "That's rude..." She grumble to which Kirov answer "I said it before, i just doing my job. Seeing criminal who clearly guilty for long time walking around make me itchy. Stop your resistance now!" He demand her. Magnolia on the other hand, didn't make any move other than dodge and break free from his grip. Stoic as always, she only let out small grunt or surprised gasp but didn't put any self-defense. She seems adamant to prove she's coming here in with peaceful intent. "Please, you won't gain anything from this. Let alone satisfying answer" she told him. Kirov scoffed at her "I will get my answer, once i take you to custody that is!". They going at it for almost fifteen minutes. Surprisingly, no Mevious appear to kick Kirov out from Magnolia hair. It seems the Mother of Mevious keep her underling in check for this visit.

"With all due respect, you're wasting my time..." She said as she got tired from this game of cat and mouse (or perhaps yarn ball since she didn't bother to run away). But Kirov still try his luck to arresting her. He didn't use force or desperate mean like handgun or even hitting her so far. It's either a grapple or simple twist of hands to which Magnolia always found her way to escape. "Good sir, please-".

They suddenly freeze in their action. Kirov last attempt to apprehend Magnolia seems meet its twist. Because one of his hands land directly on Mother of Mevious chest. Meanwhile, Magnolia herself surprised with the turn of event. She even raise her brows, showing her small but obvious reaction that she never thought it would come to this. "...please remove your hands or there would be riot..." She told him, with strict warning tone this time. Kirov more than glad to do so. Looking away from him, Magnolia let out a sigh "You can try your luck again when we meet again...i'll...take my leave...for real this time...".

Kirov left freezing there with embarrassment.

While the Mother of Mevious herself felt a warm creeping up to her face. "Men..." Said Magnolia before letting out annoyed sigh.

Indoor+Anime+Landscape+%5BScenery+-+Background%5D+77.jpg

"Honestly when i first saw my superior at hospital bed, i see him/her as a human. Nothing more"

Audi Memorial Hospital
12:32 (An hour before Kirov arrival)
Room 461

When Geneva open her eyes, she frown at the brightness of the room. Her body felt a bit numb but she can tell that she could move her finger. But one thing for sure is, her head feel like spinning, preventing her from getting up from the bed. Her memory about the Mevious attack are still blurry. But she hope there's no further damage after she blackout. Taking comfort on the soft hospital bed, Geneva decide to give up trying to get up. But she still trying to open her eyes. Everything so out of focus. She's seeing double or wavering image. She decide to close her eyes. Perhaps giving her body a chance to establish her sense in peace would be good idea. And turn out, someone also agree with her idea. But it wasn't a doctor or nurse. 

"You're stubborn one, you know that?" said a calm voice of a woman.

The voice get her attention and she open her eyes again. Her vision still blurry and the only thing she can manage to see is a black color. Her ears however, pick up a familiar noise; a cane being tapped to the ground. Of all people who visit her, its Magnolia.

"What you planning now? Turning me into your minion?" Geneva mutter in disgust

Hearing the accusation, the Mother of Mevious let out sigh "You know i can't do that to a living person"

"Yeah? Tell me what you planning to my subordinate back to that alley" said Geneva

"You got me there inspector. Sure i can infect living person but...the result will not be pretty. Even i despise the idea. You won't see me doing that unless i had to" said Magnolia

"Should i buy those words?"

Magnolia shrug in response "Do i need to explain in detail what gonna happen to a living person being infected with Mevious? Like i said, its not pretty. Its disgusting, inhuman, and most of all, that's not main purpose"

"And the real purpose is?"

"Its personal"

"Damn it...anyway, what are you doing here? If you're not coming here to kill me, i assume you just come here to mock my condition" said Geneva

"And what do i get from doing that? I got better way to waste my time and certainly not that"

"So what is it then?"

Magnolia fell silent for a second "I just want to make sure they didn't come for you"

"Oh, you're playing guardian angel on me now?"

Magnolia tap her cane once "What if i am?"

Geneva scoff at her remark "As if i buy that...anyway, my body still in recovery. If you're not interested to kill a crippled prey, you're free to hang around, although you can't do much around here. But my subordinate might visit me anytime soon"

"Glad you can trust me for once" said Magnolia

"If i can get up properly, you might want to think twice" mumble Geneva

"Speaking of visit, your male subordinate actually plan to visit you. I meet him on the bus stop before i come here just few minutes ago. Interesting man, if not a bit reckless"

"Did he try to attack you?"

"No he don't. But about to. When he arrive, i'll take my leave. For now, rest up inspector. We can continue our cat and mouse chase anytime" said Magnolia

"...more like fox and rabbit. You always hop away even when cornered..." mutter Geneva before she close her eyes. She swear she hear someone chuckling just now.

"Then allow me to play as your temporary guardian angel until your subordinate arrive" said Magnolia with mocking tone.

"Whatever..."

ab26__36891.1556725426.jpg?c=2

"When cornered, even a twig can be a weapon of choice"

Central Audi
22:03
Convention Center Parking Lot

Amidst parked car, an old man seems doing a patrol, looking for any person who might stealing somebody wheel as it been quite rampant crime as of late. When he busily doing a routine, someone tap his shoulder and gesture him to get away. The old man didn't seems to get it but the figure in front of him persist and want him to leave. In the end, the old man take his leave after seeing a group of people coming to the parking lot, fearing for his life. But amidst those group, a woman with a cane showing herself. She look around to see any oddity. She found none. Was she on the wrong place? Maybe. But she decide to wait and see. No one even her move an inch from there as she wait for something to show up. Not someone, something. Closing her eyes, she use her Mevious to find abnormality among these cars. And much to her surprise...

The car has no engine. Just the body and tires. "A ruse...typical of meeting between important person" thought Magnolia. As she busily analyze the surrounding. One of her mevious tap her shoulder and point out. Somewhere from afar, there's a mass of people running toward her. They're out for blood. She was surprised no one bring the gun. Maybe they did but not everyone. Realizing the Mother is in trouble, all Mevious surround her to protect Magnolia from harm. However she wave them so she has a space for herself. When they saw Magnolia draw a sword from her cane, every Mevious were prepared to receive her command. Amidst the dark of night, Magnolia red eyes is the only thing that distinguish her among the Mevious.

She point her sword toward opposing force and her Mevious quickly spring into action. Of course Magnolia isn't spared from combat as her enemies come one by one to harm her. But Magnolia were proved able to defend herself. Using her sword and sometime the sheath itself, Magnolia take care of her enemy on her own. Sometime her Mevious stand by her side but there's a time where Magnolia save her Mevious from harm. She didn't treat her Mevious like disposable pawn. She keep them safe for some reason. "Kuh!" She wince when one of the enemy manage to graze her cheek, only to have two Mevious bash it down to death. Seeing the corpse, Magnolia didn't see any mess of blood but instead a dissipating material of Mevious. And this only complicate the matter. "Another Mevious controller...not good..." she thought before another enemy almost cut her neck. 

The battle rage on for almost good amount of hours but Magnolia manage to keep her stand although her coat are not spared from the damage. Seeing the enemy reduced in number, she decide to end it by using her Mevious parasite to end the leftover enemy quickly. Once they were taken care of, they dissipate like a real Mevious. Taking deep breath, Magnolia put her sword back in its sheath. And her Mevious ease their guard when she did so. Once again she wait on the parking lot to meet up with someone. It take another hour until the man he looking for appear however.

"I guess i don't need to ask but i ask anyway. How do you think about those pesky mass?" ask a guy with messy hair style

"They were Mevious...real Mevious" said Magnolia

"Hah! I told you right? I was going to show it to you but they dissipate! Glad to have you as my bodyguard" said the man

"I owe you nothing though..." she said in bored tone

"But you help me anyway. I know if i pick your curiosity, you'll help me. Now the thing is who exactly own the power that similar to yours?"

"For the record, their weaker" said Magnolia

"Of course they weak, without someone to control them, they are basically headless moron! No offense guys" he turn to the stoic Mevious behind him

"Now i see they were real...i suppose you want to know who people behind it?" ask Magnolia

"If you know them that is. But if you have their number, even better" said the man

"I suspect Geoffrey Lazarev" said Magnolia

"The researcher? You know he's dead after failing his own experiment. Namely, you" 

Magnolia feel irritated but do her best to keep her composure else her Mevious gonna turn this guy into bloody pulp on the ground "There's no other people that can build perfect Mevious than him. And if you know any candidate, do tell me" said Magnolia

"You got a point there. But isn't that mean someone perhaps manage to get his document and try it for themselves?"

"that's what i thought. But the lab is destroyed...by me" said Magnolia

"Hey, you know we live on digital era. Who need paper and pen when you got it on digital? Someone might send your creator data to someone else, or perhaps someone hack Geoffrey computer and take it for themselves. Many possibility when it come to data"

But Magnolia shake her head "I know him for some time. He hate it when he put his data on risky place. He never share his experiment to someone. He only showing the result but never reverse engineering it and flaunting it on public. Which by any mean, he only put note on the book"

"Okay so that's not possible thing either. What possible answer for those rampaging Mevious? Was Geoffrey resurrected as zombie doctor and keep doing his research? What a bad joke" said the man with a scoff

"Not sure. We'll see about that" Magnolia begin to take her leave

"Hey hey! You already do your job as my bodyguard. Well, unofficially but you still earn yourself recognition. Do you mind if i invite you to a charity ball at the same day next week? I'll prepare the most gorgeous dress for you to wear if you don't know what to wear" ask the man

Magnolia tap her cane "I'll send my most beautiful Mevious to accompany you. Will that do?" she told him off with clear irritation.

The man laugh and wave goodbye at her. "Can't believe such cold heart woman like her is already a mother" he said in mocking tone.

• 1 month later...

pen-notebook-paper-write-work-desk-mug.jpg

"Love and problem share similar trait: They find you"

Central Audi
16:21 (4:21 PM)
Audi Police Headquarter

The riot that happen last night didn't go unnoticed. Geneva who finally discharged from the hospital quickly take a look of the report. She know Magnolia won't be easily taken down. Heck, she bet that Mevious Lady can't even be killed. No report of casualty aside from the strange looking corpse. Its shape are similar to that cheap knock-off version of Mevious army they encounter at abandoned train station back then. Guess Magnolia didn't lie, someone else has ability to make Mevious. Albeit flawed, its still dangerous to be left alone. Subduing one flawed Mevious require 5 patrol officer and that alone should give anyone idea that no matter how they made, they still capable to pose a problem. But still, the number of corpse were too much for someone to take control. If Geneva use Magnolia method of controlling Mevious, that person must have strong mental endurance to keep them in line. Sure they're flawed but as long as the "master" is able to keep themselves in line, it won't be a problem.

"Now what i'm concerned is if the said controller capable to make Mevious from scratch. We got one walking Mevious factory already. Two would give us headache" Geneva mutter in annoyance.

"Judged from how this corpse look, i would say they were made somewhere. Still...these are real body isn't it?" ask Kirov

"That's what bother me. Where they found these people? They don't look like civil so i assume they might be a mafia or gangster who supposed to feed the fishes but instead, being used as material for Mevious. Disgusting..." said Geneva as she take another report

"Its one of possibility. After all, Mevious need vessel. From what Magnolia tell us, Mevious capability depends on the vessel. Since the vessel is ragged corpse, its no wonder they end up like this" said Kirov

Yuril raise her hand "But what about that golem? That thing basically a machine and gizmo. Remember the one who attack us on the abandoned station? Or the big one at the bank? If its not Mevious, i don't know what it is"

That question only bring more question. That golem-like monstrosity are obviously inanimate object which mean no personality nor capability. "Oh right, Magnolia did something to that golem right? The one at the station" said Kirov "She just extend her hands and some Mevious hack through. Inspector didn't know this because she's on different spot at the time. When she did that, everything gone south real quick except for her. She do give us a clue though. She mention that she can't take control of that thing for long since its basically empty shell...which mean..."

"We can hack it and control it before it went off" said Geneva "So those soldier is controlled by computer, is that what you saying?"

"Well yes. If Mevious is actually a micro-machine like everyone said, then all we need to do is put the Mevious, set how it act, and control it" said Kirov "But i don't know how to pinpoint the computer who processing the whole thing. I mean, if its just one big giant, it won't be hard to imagine. But we're talking about a mob. Those computer must be big and won't go unnoticed. Should we consult with hacker department?" suggest Kirov

"Do it. And see what they find" said Geneva

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No luck, they didn't see any big activity on the network at the time. How on earth they give them control if not through the net?" Kirov sigh as he sit back

"Then its clear isn't it?" Geneva let out deep sigh "We got another Mevious Mother running a show...not as dangerous Magnolia, but still a nuisance...."

• 3 months later...

1.jpg

"If something is wrong and every plan are bust. Do what us human are capable of. Run"

Central Audi
18:46
City Hall Town Square

After they hitting a dead end, Geneva dismiss the two subordinate and call it a day. Maybe next time they will get another clue. Kirov on the other hand, still bitter about how easily Magnolia slip between their finger most of the time. Why Geneva want to capture her is anyone guess. They know arresting her is a miles high and tall order to do. She got arrested once and escape with a wide wake on her trails. If she can do such thing on someplace big like prison, what can a small bits pathfinder like him could do? At this point, Kirov can't help but think that Magnolia is mocking his job. Most work he had take time to track down. Even a lost bag and someone dog had share of difficulty. But chasing Magnolia so far, was rather easy. But unlike catching a dog, she's whole another level prey to hunt down. 

"Damn that woman. She always within my reach but can't even find good chance to put a cuff on her. Some investigator i am..." he utter in disgust

"...I also find myself wonder why you're the most easy to find than your partner..."

He jumped at the voice behind him only to see the lady of the hour herself. Stoic as always. And like previous encounter, Kirov know better than to just rush at her seeing those people around him might be her children. "May i ask why? You're the last person i ever thought gonna looking for me" said Kirov.

"Then sorry to break it to you. But i need your help" said Magnolia

"...help?"

---

Central Audi
19:23
Q-Ball Bar

No one suspect Magnolia to be a person that cause the long running terror is sitting among them. They probably can't tell due to the fact that any image of her in wanted post always got itself teared down. And when there's a website showing her image, somehow any intention to view the page to receive odd virus. Its not her doing, but her protective Mevious children probably the one to blame. And boy, does that annoy Kirov seeing the lady beside him just minding her drinks altogether. "Young Miss, you got job for me, remember?" Kirov said.

"Right...i want you to find this person" she show a picture of a young girl, possibly on her teenage year.

"And the purpose of this search is?"

"That girl is another Mevious controller" 

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" Kirov shouted before quickly apologize to every bar patron for his outburst "Seriously? Geneva told me that there's only one Mother who able to create and control Mevious. You"

"And it turn out there's other. She's not Mother like me. But she has fragment ability to create Mevious. I can't say what does she made. But Mevious are still Mevious in your eyes isn't it?" said Magnolia which is pretty much true. Human or Mevious, if they were related, its on their radar.

"Fragment? Are you implying she's a children who run Mevious test and somehow she passed? Those test been long shut down after the head researcher died. She should be as old as Yuril if that were true. Unless she happen to take those experiment near the end of it which might explain why she end up with a fraction of Mevious ability" Kirov calculate the possibility. In the end, he got curious "Fine, but when i found her, what you gonna do?"

"Just come back and report. I just want to know if she still around" said Magnolia

"You do know you're under my radar too, right?"

Magnolia shrugged "Then let's negotiate the payment. You do your job, then i'll answer any question in any place you choose for us to talk to" 

"Even if its my workplace?" Kirov said as a joke

"Then its settled. I wait for the report..." said Magnolia as she take her leave

"That's it? No threat or warning whatsoever?" ask Kirov

"If you gonna arrest me, feel free to try. I won't hinder your priority which job you gonna focus on. But whatever Mevious attack happening next, its not by my own hand" said Magnolia as she resume her walk to the door.

Kirov saw the lady exit the bar. He can't help but wonder why she ask him for help knowing they're opposing force. And also why he accept the job. Sure he just curious and could just leave the matter rest and get back to his routine. But Magnolia statement convince him there's more than meet the eye when it come to Magnolia. In fact, he had feeling there will be time he would work together with her personally sooner or later. He hope his superior would buy his excuse for helping their enemy...

jessica-couch-officeparty01.jpg?1570733729

"Looking after someone might be a good thing to do. But have you consider the feeling of person you look after? I mean, you basically tailing them..."

Central Audi
11:20
Audi Police HQ

After the previous encounter with Magonila, Kirov has consider the deal and decide to look after the said young girl on the picture. He didn't tell Geneva just yet because he fear she would end up berate him or might get in the way. This is just between him and Magnolia and if she is as good as she claim to be, then this is their only chance to get Magnolia talk in their safe zone. 

"I'm going out for a bit" said Kirov

"Eh? Where? Captain didn't fill us in yet" said Yuril

"Would love to but i'm feeling restless. Tell her to call me in case she looking for me" said the man before he left the office.

Once he's out, he start searching for the girl. Thankfully Magnolia didn't just throw the job without much lead to follow. If only every of his client were this helpful! The girl in the picture are wearing high school uniform. Kiln High School. It was at the south of Audi if he remember correctly. He used to return a lost dog to its owner which is one of the staff. Maybe if they still work there, he can find more lead. "Better start off somewhere than going blindfolded" he thought before he take a ride to reach the said school. Hopefully he wasn't sticking out enough. 

The ride took about 45 minutes. Kirov can see the said building are still the same. He call out security and ask if he can meet someone named Yelma, an old janitor who work here but also live here at the small house in the school area. Kirov had suspicious that the woman actually more than just a window wiper. But that's not the reason he's here. After waiting for minutes, he finally meet with the middle aged woman who come along with her dog.

"Been a while is it? How's Lancer doing?" he refer to the dog "Anyway, i'm here to ask you something..." he proceed on telling his purpose of visit and ask if the girl is someone she knows. Obviously she didn't know her personally but she confirm the said girl are studying here. "I think i saw her today but then i remember she's going out for a school activity. Not sure if she's already return" said the woman before Kirov asked "Is it sports related stuff?" but the lady shake her head and answer "No, i remember i saw her in rather funky getup. You probably won't miss her" said the woman. What kind of school activity that girl just attend? Anyway, since he didn't find any much lead, he decide to take note on whatever he think are needed to track down the girl.

"Funky getup...like clown makeup or something?" he uttered. Since there's not much he can do right now, he better head back to the office. The bus he take on make a few stop before he saw a glimpse of a young girl with a white formal outfit. There seems to be nothing wrong except that she wearing that on public for whatever reason. Just like certain lady he know. But this one wearing white mostly. Kirov didn't see her face but clearly, this girl might be the one mentioned by the woman. As much as he hate it, he have to follow her. 

The girl get off and heading to a building that seems to be holding some sort of event. Kirov had no choice but to flash his badge to get his way in. He told the security that he just here to observe and will report if something is going on. He still end up losing her track though. As he sweep around the area, the girl show itself to the stage. When he thought the girl is one of the important presence in this event, turn out she's just a little show off with a magic trick and all other entertainment. She do has talent to be a stage performer. But he sure had few chuckle. Because the girl boldly proclaim her stage name as Magnolia Miracle. He swear if Magnolia is here right now, she would tap those cane of hers in annoyance. He kind of want to see those expression somehow. Anyway, he took note about this and observe some more. Eventually, the girl retire and make her leave later on. She still at her school age yet she can get a free pass from school to do this kind of work. That's something...

Now that he found what he need, all he had to do is locating Magnolia. He wonder where he can meet her. Should he goes back to the bar? No, that won't do, he's the one who invite her there, not her. The alley? There's too many of them. "Maybe at the bus stop where we face to face without a fight?" he thought before decide to go there. 

Magnolia isn't there yet but the man waiting for her. He wait and wait until a sound of cane hitting the pavement get his attention. "My children report about your presence looking for me..." she told him. Those Mevious sure know how to snitch. Kirov laid out the detail about what he found. "She did make some slip on her performance but like you said, she's a fragment. Some of the gadget or trick she pull out are odd. There's no mistaking it" said Kirov.

"Is that so...then there's no harm from her presence..." said Magnolia "You did a good work. Now then, let me do my end of bargain..." she told him before she suddenly extend both of her arm to him.

"Arrest me..."

Archived