So You Think Your A Gamer

@Lollipop

Ah yes, I understand the fear. It's the fact that you have no way to defend yourself that makes it scary. It's definitely different from Last of Us, where you have weapons and can fight against zombies. At the same time, you also have a lot of bright areas instead of dark spaces. With Outlast (and Whistleblower was a huge yikes), it's constant dark lighting, and the night vision camera makes it much MUCH worse. I'm going to play another horror game for my friend called SOMA, which is supposed to be frightening too in a psychological sense.

I bought Persona 5 during Black Friday last year, so I definitely didn't get into the Persona series, but that $10 was worth it. I waited forever to play! My friend bought Royal, and I watched him play. I like what I saw, but I still like the original. The remake is an improved and refined version. ❤️ 

I've never played Dead by Daylight, so I'll take your word for it. I never really got into video games until 3 years ago. I was stuck watching videos and such, but I am very happy with what I can play now. Also fuels my heart ❤️. I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, which is almost 6 games. I mean, KH 358/2 days on PS4 is all cutscenes, but I did play on my DS, so I'm not that disappointed. I'm on KH2 and I have KH3, which I plan on playing after.

Also, I'm waiting for the Fairy Tail game to come out for PS4. Also also, I do play SAO: Fatal Bullet with some friends sometimes. I highly recommend it. It's the best SAO game out of the ones that have been made. Instead of playing Kirito, you can play as your own created character with your own personal story! I love it. 

I've recently been playing a lot of Hades, Smite, and Vermintide 2.  

Hades is an isometric roguelite by Supergiant games it has been incredibly interesting and the story they've made basing it off Greek myth has been a delight and the voice acting is wonderful.

Smite a MoBA using gods of various pantheons it's enjoyable but I keep coming back to it to play with friends I find the 3rd person perspective more exciting than other MoBA's.

Vermintide 2 is similar to Left for Dead but with a focus on melee combat. It is set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe and got so popular the owners of WF have made the stories of Vermintide canonical which is very cool.

@Lollipop

do eeettt

It's like, easily my favourite game of 2019. The mechanics are as tight and fluid as you could possibly hope, the visuals are absolutely gorgeous, the music is a masterpiece, and most surprising of all is that in spite of all that it's highest quality is still its story and writing. All the characters in it are just so believable and one in particular I promise will make you want to just hug them and never let go. And you can just tell that a whole lot of thought went into the world around you even if you don't have the answers presented to you upfront. There is literally nothing bad I can say about it, and I'm the kind who will find a way to bitch about basically anything haha.

It's a fairly short game, you can complete it in about 6 hours or so your first time, but it's astoundingly replayable, with a built in speedrun mode that unlocks after your first playthrough, a hidden secret boss, a hard mode, and unlockable modifiers (like for example a bigger sword that you can't swing as frequently, but has a wider arc and longer tail-end animation, allowing you to reflect shotgun salvos). I am waiting for the upcoming DLC with bated breath, seeing as it promises to expound on the story, and especially since a recent announcement stated that it's gonna end up being about 3X larger than originally planned but will still remain entirely free as was first intended.

Right up there with Hollow Knight, Undertale, and CrossCode in my group of Indie Crown Jewels

On 06/05/2020 at 13:58, Lollipop said:

And let's try to keep the hate to a minimum.

Welp, there goes my chance for long tangents about all the things Pokemon Dark Rising 2 fails at as both a sequel and as a Pokemon romhack...and as a game in general.

Anyway, right now I'm playing through The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.  Because of the fact that Trails of Cold Steel 3 kinda expects you to have played the previous Erebonia games (Cold Steel 1 and 2), the Sky trilogy (which I don't have Sky the 3rd yet because waiting for Steam Summer Sale) and the Crossbell duology (two games that only got released in Japan because of course), I decided to start with Sky.  Sure, my first foray into the Trails series was with Cold Steel 1, which, despite it's slow pace in the first half, I liked the worldbuilding and the characters (and nuking bosses).  I'm only on Chapter 1 of Sky so far, but I hear that Sky is the slowest paced game in the series.

Other than that, I'm (slowly) working on clearing up my backlog, starting with Blue Reflection, which I finished a while back and now I'm onto Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, a fighting game spinoff of Persona 4 that is also a sequel to another fighting game spinoff that I never played, so I'm not really caring about the story this time around even though Persona 4 Golden is one of my favorite games of all time.

@NyxAvatar69 I love the P4 Arena series. The first one had a story that actually had me on the verge of crying towards the end of it. I really hope they continue with a P5 Arena game, but I'm not sure its gonna happen.

@Iceassassin25 I spent a lot of time playing Fatal Bullet. i got it at launch, and it got better and better with each update. The team that made it were the Same People that made Freedom Wars for the PS Vita. I loved that game and it was amazing. Was really hoping for a PS4 port of it, but I doubt that will happen at this point.

Fatal bullet's Extreme mode doesn't screw around as man those enemies don't Fuck around and can easily wipe out your whole party with ease if you make a mistake but the ai enemy players are easy to beat even though they are level 125 and give really good exp so I have just spent my time killing one of them and letting them keep reviving each other

• 2 months later...

I've been playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 off of Game Pass as it just landed there. A heck of a game, and while I'm a late comer to the franchise I'm glad to have discovered it. They're some wonderful games with incredible stories and execution. There's no other game doing crime stories like these. My only problem is that there's so dang many, that it'll be a few years before I can complete Kiryu's arc.

That's been occupying most of my gaming time now that I've finished Ghost of Tsushima, which was pretty rock solid. Best Sucker Punch Studios story since inFamous 2, though their open-world design chops are certainly improving. Problem is that it is still open-world, and all the problems that come associated with that. I'd love for them to make a smaller, more linear focused game that allows them to really flex some of the climbing and leaping that they're clearly interested in. Something that they can put a bit more polish on.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps was a goddamn gem of a game. Talk about a sequel that is everything that you ever wanted and then some. I've been able to finish a lot more games thanks to quarantine actually, lack of traffic has given me a lot more hours of gaming besides my typical LoL and Apex dailies.

I have also been really getting into playing fighting games again. Playing Melee, Super Street Fighter II turbo, Guilty Gear, and Smash Ulti with friends online all the time. For me, nothing beats a video game where you hit a fuck ton of buttons and get to look cool while you are doing it. Fighting games let you do that AND have a very fun "conversation" with your other fellow cool person in a battle of who is the best. 

Recently I've been enjoying Warframe a lot more. Tennocon was awesome so I'm excited for what's next. 

Ghost of Tsushima is amazing and makes me really want another "Way of the Samurai" game.

Played and the new Shantae game. That was super fun. I love those games so much and the characters and bosses were sexy and cute. 

18 minutes ago, nicjomo said:

Just beat Smash Ultimate World of Light, and still playing through FF6 and pokemon ruby. Feebas is a pain, my friend is an ass.

If you think it's bad now, Gen 4 is also a pain to catch a Feebas.  Try 4 tiles in the entire game in one area of Mt. Coronet, which are random every playthrough.  It's almost as bad as the Munchlax thing, except you don't have to wait 6 hours.

45 minutes ago, Lollipop said:

Ghost of Tsushima is amazing and makes me really want another "Way of the Samurai" game.

I had a similar feeling, honestly. I purchased but haven't yet started Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story earlier this year. It's not a full-fledged sequel which is a bit disappointing, but better than nothing, right? Hopefully it gets enough purchases to indicate interest in the franchise.

Archived