The Crusader Queen & The Futa Barbarian (JennyDK & WritesNaughtyStories)

Thura wished she could light a fire - the air was already unpleasantly hot, but the clouds of soot and lead gray sky of this hellish place drank light and human warmth while it seemed to bake human flesh - but she didn't dare. Instead she rested, silent and sleepless against a rock until the ache in her legs passed. She'd lost track of how long she'd been walking over the black, jagged volcanic glass of this nameless mountain range.

She'd been sent to rescue Queen Beatrix. Why, Thura couldn't fathom, so she'd quit trying. Politics made her head hurt. The shaman said she was the one who needed to do it, and the Mistress of the Longhouse had ordered her to go. So here she was, resting before she made the final descent into the Demons' realm. It hadn't always been theirs but they'd crushed the armies of the southern nations. As they'd taken over the land had changed, their rot and evil altering land, sea and sky.

Beyond the mountains to the north, her tribes' lands remained unchanged, except for the perpetually black southern horizon.

She took a long, slow breath and massaged her thighs once more before she stood up and peered down the narrow pass to the blasted valley below. She adjusted her khopesh across her back and slipped around the rock, moving carefully from boulder to crevasse to cover.

Queen Beatrix was supposed to be held at a fortress not far from the outpost that lay at the bottom of the pass. Thura had neither the time nor the desire to deal with the outpost so made her way over the rougher terrain of the mountain itself. By what she estimated was night fall - a thing that was hard to judge under the sunless sky - she reached the foothills well away from the outpost.

She kept moving throughout the night until she found the fortress. It sat atop a black cliff that rose above the rough, rocky hills. What had once been a castle of some southern lord was now decorated in the broken bodies and bones of the army that had tried to defend it.

Thura tried to push the thoughts of what had transpired out of her mind. Now, she needed to get to the western escarpment where, if the escaped soldier was to be believed, ad covered draw would allow her to reach the base of the wall unobserved.

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories
  • Like 1

Despite the evil nature of this place and the vile population in this realm, there is an uncomfortable and eerie silence and tranquility in the air - if you look past the broken bones that litter this place outside. Thura manages to easily make her way towards the mostly intact castle walls. The only signs of life being the occasional guard who walks on the walls and looks around for any trouble coming this way.

All of a sudden, this deep quietness is abruptly broken by what looks like a beam of pure and shimmering light stretching from the sky and into the middle of the fortress, the bottom of the beam unclear. There is a soft and faint sound of a ...choir? Before anyone can think too deeply about it, the sounds of demonic yells and screams are heard and then it is like all Hell breaks loose with the sounds of heavy battle from within."Astaroth will SMITE you foul beings! Prepare yourselves!", a female voice yells out.

• Like 1

Thura had been watching the patrols on the wall from the shadows of the ravine when heaven opened up and shined a single, pure golden ray into the heart of the fallen fortress.

'Maybe there's something to this Queen Beatrix after all.' she thought as she moved along the broken earth to the foot of the wall. Years stalking prey and enemies through the harsh mountainous jungles of her homeland had left the lightly clad warrior as stealthy as a prowling forest cat. She reached the base of the coarse stone wall and listened.

A woman's voice called Astaroth's name down on the Darklings. The rising din of combat gathered strength. Thura worked her fingers between the rough hewn stone and clambered up the wall, over the hideous trophies the Daemons' faithful had festooned the fortress with. She slipped over the wall and crouched beside the battlements, looking in to the courtyard below.

A silver haired woman, wearing the armor of a Crusader and surrounded by the pool of sunlight the tore through the slate gray sky, laid about her with a claymore as tall as she was. A dozen human thralls already lay broken around her but the Daemons' unholy minions were beginning to get organized.

Thura took a javelin from her back a threw it at one of the cultists who were creeping up behind the Crusader. The soft iron point caught him in the chest and sunk to the wooden shaft, driving him back and down. Thura drew her massive khopesh and screamed her primitive war cry as she leapt from the wall. Her hobnailed sandal caught one minor imp in the back, slamming his hellishly bloated face into the flagstones as she landed.

even before her knees had flexed enough to absorb the impact, Thura's blade was in motion, It reaped the damned left and right, propelled by lean, hard muscles.

"Come, your Majesty, we must go - there are too many and their masters will come."

She booted one human fanatic to the ground as the curved blade of the khopesh reached around another's parrying sword. Thura turned to the nearest ladder to the battlements - "There!" She shouted starting to hack her way through the gathering forces toward it.

As you make you upwards and are able to look into the courtyard you can see what looks like a broken stockade I have most likely broken free from and even gathered my weapons. Luckily, most of minions are not that clever, so my equipment was nearby.

You witness the fat beam of holy light cut right through the unnatural darkess that otherswise covered this whole place. In the middle a woman clad in heavy armour and shouting out stuff in a foreign langauge (akin to Latin) while heaving around a massive blade with amazing grace and precision still. A thick wall of demons and monsters of various sizes swarm like a tidal wave and yet I am able to hold them back, with the aid of the beam which both ignites unholy creatures and boost my faith and thus my vigor in which I use to slay these vile beings. The courtyard is one huge mess of screams, weapons clanking, blood and limbs and bodies beign strewn around. OF course, I still feel claws and such get to my body or armour,  but then I hear a voice call out to me."I will be back and have ALL your bloody heads on pikes. Every. Single. One", is the last part I shout out before lifting my sword to call out to the Heavens and the beam vanishes into it, making it glow brightly. I make a rush for the strange looking lady as I cleave and  slash my way there-

• Like 1

"Not if we don't get out of here! FAST!" Thura growled, the weight of the miracle she just witnessed lost in the mad dash for the ladder as the Daemon's reinforcements began to get organized and the powerful Daemons began to arrive. Thura drove through the crowd of depraved humans and minor deminspawn, her long curved sword reaping a bloody crop of bodies as she cleared a path for the Queen.

When she reached the ladder the barbarian whirled around, her loincloth dancing with the spin. Thura grabbed the Queen's hand and pulled her to the ladder, laying about with her khopesh in a storm of steel and blood. Once the Queen had topped the ladder, Thura leapt halfway up and scrambled the rest of the way to the nearly empty battlements.

She stomped down to break the first rungs of the ladder to at least slow any pursuit. As one demonspawn climbed the ladder, Thura thrust down with her last javelin, intentionally stabbing between the rungs to tangle the creature there.

They were on the wrong side of the fortress, but Thura jumped nimbly to the top of the battlement. The Queen's armor would likely kill her of she just jumped. "Your Majesty, hurry climb down - I'll hold them here until you reach the bottom."

I act swiftly and decisively as I spot a way out of this mess. The adrenaline and my righteous sensation still boils heavily within me and once we are to simply escape and not cleave through bodies, I sheathe my weapons to have the free use of my arms and hands once more. Despite my heavy getup I still move with uncanny graze and femininity - very much contrasting the sheer ferocity you witnessed a moment ago. My long and blonde hair wavers in the wind, still looking kempt and pretty. I follow your lead and crawl down with rapid speed and determination, aiming to get out of here and regroup.

Thura listened for the Queen to reach the bottom of the wall, while she kept the immediate area clear of pursuit. As soon as the scrape of steel on stone the barbarian slung her great curved sword and vaulted over the battlement. The muscular woman caught the top of the stone rampart with both hands and dropped to the ground in a fluid, stepped jump. She landed gracefully and grabbed the Queen's hand again.

She gave no thought to violating the Royal personage. The barbarian warrior lead them into the broken hills and hedgerows of the old country farmsteads that had surrounded the fortress, She knew she was heading away from the mountains that would lead them home. She also knew that there were already patrols, checkpoints and armies gathered at the border and more would flood that way, looking for the escaped queen.

The barbarian ran no faster than the Queen. Stopping them when her sensitive ears heard signs of pursuit or movement nearby. When they entered a particularly heavily forested copse that overlooked a small farm, Thura pulled them behind a dense yew bush. The farmhouse appeared to be burned out, the gate in the low stone wall broken and hanging awkwardly on one hinge,

She pointed to the barn, "There, Majesty - we'll wait for the patrols to pass, then make our way along the border until we find somewhere to cross safely."

While I am pretty used to being in charge, I do not show any signs of trying to argue against you as it does seem like the safest way out of here so far, now that we are so deep in enemy territory. Soon enough we reach a lonely, but mostly burned farm house, the signs of short battle clear and the barbarian can easily see my body tensing, especially around the hilt of my massive sword."By Asaroth. I will be back with my army and I will burn them all to ashes! I swear this!", I say to myself mostly under my breath.

Once the coast seems clear I nod at you."Let us make haste and hide for now. While I prefer taking the fight, a wise leader also should know which fights to pick", I tell you.

Thura nodded in silent agreement and slunk ahead toward the barn, moving through cover silently. The nimble barbarian pushed her way inside and pointed to the loft above. "I'll be back - I'm going to check the house."

She made my way to the house, moving from shadow to shadow, and slipped in through a broken window the back side that lay in the darkest of the shadows. A few minutes later Thura returned to the barn with a single coarse sheet and blanket.

She quietly pushed the straw into as much of a mattress as possible and laid the sheet over it, "Best I can offer, Majesty." she said quietly. The lithe, muscular woman made her way back to the ladder and climbed down silently and walked out the far side, into the animal pen to make her nightly water. She lifted her loin cloth an pissed against a fence post to minimize the noise.

She made her silent way back to the loft and curled up at the top of the ladder.

"If they overwhelm me, go out the hay door and make your way home."

From what you seen and heard so far, I am not exactly quiet and stealthy as yourself, a part of that being my armor and me also not exactly trying to be subtle and thus not very good at it as I make my way over the barn where you are. Luckily we are from any danger and nothing comes off it. While I am indeed very used to pillowy huge beds, I surprisingly makes no complaints abot this arrangement. I turn and look at you."Thank you. For coming for me. I shall make sure you are well paid", I say, not entirely sure how to feel about all of this just yet and it is very obvious really. At least it seems like I have not spoken to many who may considered very "rural".

Once you return, I have a serious look on my face."I appreciate the comfort and you wantign to look out for me, but I am very capable as well. I made it all the way to the fortress before I was overwhelmed. I suggest we take a shift in keeping guard".

• Like 1

"No Majesty. Only one of us will the armies answer to. You must survive. I simply would like to. Your ability here is of no consequence - it is what you can do at home that will save all of us." Thura said flatly. She held her axe-like sword in one hand and pointed to the makeshift bed with the other.

"I am not thrilled with being expendable, but it is my lot. If I do my job well, we will both live and the First Woman will grant me a wife while the world will sing of your victories for years to come. You will be closer to escape there." Her voice was devoid of anger but rang hard with the steel of resignation and determination.

I listen to the words of the barbarian woman and while I can see you see it in this manner, I cannot hold back my own thoughts on the matter."While your words may hold some truths to them, there is one glaring thing you are not aware of", I say and before I continue speaking i bring out what looks like an old, bruised and lightly damaged trinket."I was not born to the throne like so many others - I was given this by the late king. I was sworn to protect him and...I failied to do so, Whoever has this bears the responsibility of the crown and he gave it to me before dying - so you see, you and I are not entirely different when it comes down to it. While I was and still am a templar knight, I had no say in royal matter before I was asked to be. The point of this is: Leadership only requires someone to step and take that mantle upon themself". After saying that I begin to remove my armour and clothes until I am only lightly dressed, revealing a lithe and feminine body beneath, much contrasting the rough and tough attitude and vigor I showed earlier.

"Majesty, I appreciate your confidence but the nobles, soldiers and Templars all know you, I might be able to lead them as well as you, but I cannot assemble them." Thura says, watching the Queen undress for a moment before turning her eyes away.

She wanted to look. Thura could feel the Queen's feminine lines stirring in her belly and struggled to push the thought aside. She forced her eyes to the square of darkness that lead to the barn below and the sword that lay in her lap, trying hard to conceal the Queen's effect on her. But  Thura stored the image in her mind. Shayna in the village looked similar dressed - perhaps she had similar lines beneath her work skirt and apron... All the more reason to hurry home. Successfully.

"The whole point of this is: We are in this together and we need to rely on each other. I am used to both lead and be the lone wolf. Being the latter is extremely tiring and exhausting, I can tell from experience. We are both to keep up our strength here, so do not feel like you need to fully protect me. A wise person knows when to be tough and when not to be...", I go on, not even sure why I put so much effort into saying all of this. There is some odd and tiny thing that seems compell me to spill out of all of this, but I cannot put my finger on it. Without noticing, I sneak glances at the barbarian more than once.

Thura tried quietly. She'd been told that she was not to annoy the Queen. What she really didn't understand was with all of these things, why did they send her at all?

"You Majesty, I mean no impertinence, but I have no intention of trying to do any of this by myself. You are the priority - I expected a very different kind of Queen and am pleased that if we have to fight I will not do so alone - but you must be willing to survive, even if it means my death." The barbarian again violated the Royal Person and took the Queen's hand in hers, "Please Majesty." She finished and laid her head on her crossed arms, slitted eyes on the small hole that lead to the dirt floor below.

She rested fitfully until the first hints of paler gray lit the horizon.

Her Majesty was awake as well.

"Let's see if there's any food in the house - then let's get moving. I came from the west, so I expect we'll have an easier time if we head to the east."

She helped the Queen don her armor, trying very hard not to let her hands linger on her any longer than necessary. Mostly she succeeded. When the Queen was armored, Thura lead them to the house. "They left the dead family inside. Otherwise I'd have brought the blanket from the other bed."

Inside the butchered family lay scattered about in pieces. On one bed a heap of wrecked flesh that was barely identifiable as human lay in pool of dried blood that had spilled onto the floor. Thura searched the kitchen and found most of a loaf of bread, a few apples, carrots and turnips. She collect the food and tore the bread in half, offering the Queen half and one of the apples.

Thura looked around the ruined house and brutally extinguished lives, "Let's eat on the road, Majesty."

"Are you implying I would dive into certain death or have a death wish? Of course I wish to survive, but I would hate to have someone die because of me and because I was unable to protect them in return. I will not hear more of it tonight, but if there is a next night we will share the guard duty", I say stubbornly before tiredly dozing off as well and we sleep up against each other in the loft of the barn.

Morning finally dawns and we seem to wake up around the same time and then I rub my sleepy eyes a bit and stretch from sitting upright for hours."I think that might either be a very good plan or potentially go very bad. Do you know what lies the other way?", I ask you, wondering if you are going by instinct more than knowledge of these parts.

I let you help me with my armour, making it much quicker and easier than if I have to do it on my own, though it does hide my supple and lithe feminine form from you, but yet there still a lot of femininity about me still as I tend to my long hair for a moment, probably putting more effort and time into my looks than you usually do, making both brutality of armour and lovely looks meet again. Then I follow you once more and keeping guard outside while you find whatever food there might be inside."Thank you...I feel really impolite, but I have yet to ask you your name. My deepest apologies", I tell you and bow down.

"I am Thura, Majesty." Thura answered as they left the ruined farm house. The bleak forest beyond the farmstead looked nothing like the rich, green mountains of her home but the trees and rocks still spoke. Just here in harsh, terrified whispers.

"The way west, Majesty,  would lead us more directly home, more quickly to safety. It is the way we are most likely to go, so it is the way to search. We will just move more swiftly and catch them off balance, looking for us where we are not." The barbarian  said, bowing as she pointed toward the long way home.

For a time, Thura walked and ate in silence, heading to the east, troubling thoughts pushed aside in favor of keeping her senses attuned to the dim, twisted landscape they needed to traverse. She watched the Crusader Queen cacrefully, walking as fast as she dared, aware of her armor's weight and discomfort. Thura also found herself glancing at the way the Queen's hips swayed, despite the armor, the regal bearing and the bounce of her blonde hair. Thura had to count steps between each flick of her eyes toward the Queen or she found herself practically staring.

"Queen Beatrix, I meant no disrespect last night. I do not think you a fool and am ashamed that I gave you cause to think I do. I think you are more noble than most who wear the title and underestimate your personal importance." Her kholed eyes were downcast and she looked at the Queen's chest plate from under her brows for a brief instant before she again fell silent and resumed her march.

They were making good time. Not as rapid as Thura would have liked or could have done alone, but hopefully enough that they'd out distance what the demons thought they could do. The terrain would change in a few hours travel - the wooded hills would give way to the low wetlands that spread out to the wide, muddy river that crawled to the south.

It was hard to tell in the sunless demon lands, but it felt like noon should be upon them and Thura began to look for a covered place to break for a short rest and a bit of food. When a slight rise of rock and thick stand of trees offered shelter, she stopped. She offered Queen Beatrix the apple and leaned against the rock to chew a carrot thoughtfully.

"Ahead, My Queen, the forest gives way to swampy low lands that run to the river. We can follow the river to the border, but there is almost no cover and we are almost find ourselves in a foot race with the demon host if we are seen. Or we can head up river, deeper into the demon lands and cross, keeping to the forests for another two days before we break for the border with cover most of the way."

"A pleasure to meet you Thura, despite the dire circumstances. After this, I will give you a chance for us to get a proper chance to share life stories", I respond and give a faint smile. As I look around the empty, charred and bleak surroundings, even you can sense the righteous anger emitting from within me and yet on the surface I look mostly normal."Since you came here later than myself, I will trust that judgement. Though remember, most demons are not very smart and in fact are led by instinct, so only if led by smarter ones, they will just waner around...and cause chaos".

I do not notice the stares, at least at first and even once I notice your eyes almost lingering on me I do not address it, though I am not sure how to feel about it. Becoming a crusader and later queen as well, has not exactly left me with my suitors looking my way, so I am unfamiliar with the sort of staring being done and why that is. Despite how heavily armoured I am, there is an undeniable grace and elegance over my movement and my appearance, clearly a perfect mix between the raw and relentless might of armour and strength and feminine beauty and femininity.

Then I hear something unexpected and turn my head to look at you directly, my blue eyes lingering upon your face as you speak. A bigger smile forms and you can tell that I am pleased with what I hear."Think nothing more of it Thura. You, yourself, are not the typical brutish barbarian either and I do mean that. I do not give any undeserved praise. I can be stubborn and hot headed and it can be good to have someone to....help ground yourself at times. Perhaps it would be best if rulers first get to actually experience the world on their own bodies before being bestowed any title. I simply follow my instincts as a ruler, a templar, a warrior and woman....sometimes...sadly much less the latter...", I say and sigh to myself.

The scenery around us gradually changes into a different one, one I am personally not that experienced within or know much of, so again I will be relying on the barbarian who seems know such environments better than myself. I accept the apple and begin to devour it slowly while I listen to what you suggest. In my mind I already know what I will prefer, pretty much reflecting my words given to the imps and monsters earlier."What is the fastest way back? The longer time we spend here, the longer they have to find us and regroup. I am thinking that while one way is more dangerous, it might make up for it if the distance is short enough".

When the Queen accepted her apology, Thura kept her eyes on the forest around them, as much afraid of meeting her intense, beautiful gaze as intent on keeping her attention on their march to safety. Then, in typical noble fashion, the noble set her teeth on edge -

7 hours ago, JennyDK said:

You, yourself, are not the typical brutish barbarian either and I do mean that. I do not give any undeserved praise.

'Not brutish?' She thought, bitterly. No one she knew was brutish, how was that praise? She raised her head and scanned the forest, including the Queen. 

7 hours ago, JennyDK said:

a ruler, a templar, a warrior and woman....sometimes...sadly much less the latter...", I say and sigh to myself.

Thura risked another glance. She was beautiful and maybe didn't understand Thura's people. 'That's sad.' She wanted to say, 'If you would have me i would gladly help.' Instead she turned her mind to the current problem, hoping her longing glance had not revealed her improper thoughts to the Holy Queen. It was good to know that she saw herself as a woman though.

Thura pointed to the south, "It will be fastest , Majesty, if we head toward the border now." she  replied, "The forest will offer us cover for a few more leagues, but then we slog through the saw grass and pools. If we hurry we can be across the border by this time tomorrow."

Thura looked at her bare legs. It would be much more comfortable if she had her leather leggings, but wishing would fetch nothing. "Are you decided, My Queen?" she asked flatly.

"If we are spotted, do we run or fight?"

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories

There seems to be no reply to my words, which does make me think and feel like I might have offended or hurt your feelings in some way. That will have to wait for now as we do indeed need to move forward and quickly. A heavy nod makes you know that I acknowledge your idea of this being the fastests way to the border and hopefully closer to not being in constant danger here."Depends on the numbers of enemies. If only a few, I say we take them down swiftly and decisively. As a team we should be able to do it a lot faster and effectively", is my response to that question of yours.

Just in case, I keep my near my giant claymore."Lead on then miss Thura".

Thura, having never been called anything but 'Thura' much less 'Miss' paused and looked at the Queen, "Majesty?" She asked, uncertain of what the rest of her question for the Crusader actually was. The scout simply nodded and set off.

She walked in silence, checking on the Queen's pace frequntly, for a fair portion of the afternoon before she turned to the Queen, "Queen Beatrix, if I may be so bold - what woman's instincts to you not follow? Are not all your instincts a woman's?"

The were nearing the edge of the forest.

"My Queen, The forest ends soon and we'll be in the open. The demons themselves move about more at night than their worshipers. I council we stop now and move in the morning with all the speed we can muster."

I am quite unsure what else you wanted to ask before going silent and then turning to our path ahead instead, leaving me guessing for a bit what that was about. It mostly dies out in my mind as we venture through the swampy area.

Then a question like that comes out of nowhere it seems.'Was that your silenced question from before?', goes through my mind and at first I am not really sure what it meant by it. So I answer it to the best of my ability. I give you a more serious look, though not in any bad manner by any means."Serving the country and serving the Order....it does not always leave much room for....well...other things in life. It is a lot of work, dedication and responsibility that comes with it", I reply back to you, sounding a little bit frustrated."Then again, some of these other things I swore away when I was initiated...", I add under my breath.

"It is hard to tell what time a day it is here, but I think there is still some day left. Perhaps better not to run the risk though. So we can set up camp miss Thura".

"I think it's best if we wait for morning, Majesty." I agree, clearly thinking of other things.

I set about making camp, careful to disturb the forest as little as possible. Only a tracker as good as me will know this is where we made camp.

I look at our food and purse my lips. Hunting is not without risk, but the long trek through the open will require energy.

I point to a hollow between two bushes, "My Queen, I beg you stay here, remove your armor and rest. I will go hunt. It won't be much, but we will need energy for tomorrow's march."

The time alone with the forest gives me time to think, reflect and the image that keeps returning is you, unarmored and radiant. I try hard to push the thought away as I feel my cock twitch under my loin cloth.

Finally I see a rabbit and my mind snaps back to the task at hand. I launch my javelin true and straight. I butcher it far from camp before I make my way back to camp.

When I return I raise the dressed rabbit, "No venison tonight, Majesty but rabbit." I say as I set about building a small, almost smokeless fire. As I cook the rabbit and few vegetables I look up, "Queen Beatrix, why do you call me 'Miss Thura'? I call you Queen, because that is what you are. What is 'Miss'?"

The question feels like you must think me an idiot - or brute - and I wish I hadn't asked.

When our dinner is cooked I bring you a portion, "Almost hasenpfeffer, Majesty."

I know little of the rules of court and, having already showed myself to be a simpleton, ask, "Majesty, you said you swore things away when you were initiated? I understand the words, but what does that mean?"

While we have had basic survival training, this is far from the scope of what it contained, so just like you are out of my element in certain ways. So for now I simply follow your directions and in a way it feels nice not having to have the mantle of leadership upon me. So in a weird sort of way, this is partially relaxing and I take the time you are going to sit and pray or otherwise keep my gear well cleaned and polished as I might as well make something pass the time.

Once you return you can hear the last few words I whisper softly while I sit in a certain position with my sword, praying to this god of mine in a very alien language. Afterwards, I lift my head and see you have returned,. earning you a small, but still warm smile."Welcome back miss Thura. I am glad to see your return once more. I am not picky and I am sure we will dine fine with as well".

Then I am asked something so rather simple, yet I sense it is not that to you."You may adress me as simply Beatrix if you wish. It might even be better should the enemy be listening in. In regards to your own inquiry it has to do with the formal addresses of the society. A young and, I presume, unmarried woman is most often addressed as 'miss' and, correct me if I should be mistaken, you fit that definition. I hope this response has cleared this matter up for you?", I reply back, probably speaking a bit too advanced for you, but I would have no idea.

I nod softly at the comment about the food while eating my share of it.

The conversation from earlier seems to have struck a chord since you bring up what I utted before."You may not be aware of how the Holy Order works, but when you join you swear an Oath and swear to follow our Codex - which is basically a set of rules to follow if you boil it down to simpler terms. Part of those rules state that Crusaders must remain pure of body, mind and soul and thus...romantic and carnal pleasures are not things they accept you doing. It is not like anyone ever expressed interest of that kind in myself anyway, so I thought I might as well accept it", I go on to explain.

Thura sat and ate quietly while The Queen - 'Beatrix.' she corrected herself - answered her questions.

She shook her head at the answer though. "I am unmarried but what difference does that make to what I'm called?" She took anothe bite and chewed, regarding the - Beatrix - with a kind, if evaluating eye. She decided to avoid the woman portion of the question for now, but shifted carefully to make sure her sexual anatomy was covered. Her kind was uncommon among the city folk who had lost touch with the old gods of the forests and fertile fields.

She swallowed, set her food aside and leaned forward, turning her head this way and that, looking at the - 'Beatrix!' she scolded herself - before she folded her hands in her lap.

"Why not? In my village you would be considered very desirable. You are strong, a good warrior, beautiful - why would no one express interest in you?" She picked up her food, and picked a piece of rabbit out of it. The barbarian looked at it, giving silent thanks to the rabbit and the forest for their gift, "So now you may never marry, never share your bed? What is the point of that?" She dropped the meat back into her rough stew, "Your ways are strange." She said, slightly dejected, and stirred her dinner before she took another bite with her fingers.