Amons Room: 334

The treacherous walk up the flights of stairs were thankfully avoided. This hotel had elevators and they were utilized, a lot, and in that matter Amon was able to actually meet two of the staff here. The hotel was nicer than most, clearly he could tell these people actually cared about this establishment and not leave it to complete shit. Vanilla, who worked as the clerk of the hotel and seemed nervous as hell, and Velvet who actually seemed quite nice. What made this even better was the fact that Amon scored a new job! Hunting and clearing dangerous animals it appeared, most likely the large island had some pretty nasty creatures to deal with. Elk, Mountain Lions, Coyotes, he's hunted a lot of them and knew the risks involved. 

Still, it never deterred Amon from a good hunt, but never would he ever hunt an endangered species. That would be really bad. In any case the elevator stopped as the door gave a little automatic ring, the doors opened into a vast hallway of spaced doors. For the past few minutes he was talking to the employee Velvet about his hunting job. A defense team seemed to be at play as well but if they were having trouble then certainly they needed all the help they would need, even if it were just one man. 

"Velvet's a pretty name," Amon stated as a compliment, "And it sounds they this Defense Force needs a lot of help then."

"Ladies first." Amon gestured Velvet, who he'd been talking to for the past minutes. Though it was clear Amon wanted to handle the luggage on his own he wasn't opposed to help at all. Then again, he was weird about people touching his stuff. Amon, in his innocence, was simply being nice, his oblivious nature clearly void of ant flirtatious acts. He was always taught to be a gentleman to a lady and to be fair and civil toward other men. 

@Lollipop ((When you've got the time, I goofed up and didn't ping you for in here.))

Edited by BladeRunner

((Its okay. I've been irl so don't worry about it.))

Velvet: "Thank you." He appreciated him being polite and letting her go first. Before stepping out of the elevator she took some of his luggage with her. Helping with stuff like this came standard and was just a natural part of her job. She the. Steps out of the Elevator. 

She began to talk as she walked towards his room. "The Defense Team is headed up by Vanilla. She the most reliable out them all. I guess technically Mint is charge and is more reliable, but Mint is also one of the two that own this island and she had other duties, so she leaves the defense team in Vanilla's hands." She stops once they reach his door. "I already sent a message to Vanilla. I hope you don't mind that Invited her up to your room. She leads kind of a mix bunch and though the group is small, they are all very capable...well most of them are."  She smiles. "Well anyway, this is your room. You'll need to use the key to attune the magic to your taste. Once you open the door, you'll be greeted by a room that should suit your taste."

Amon thanked Velvet a bit shyly, not used to the help but was certainly thankful of it. As he listened Amon expression became a puzzled one and stated, "No offense but... You're talking about the front girl down there... Vanilla right? I shouldn't assume, I just didn't think she had it in her." 

Amon's statement was a typical one, however it didn't have any doubt in it which meant he didn't take this as a joke. Some people are shy and nice but deep down there's always something lurking beneath the skin, much like himself. But like with any opinion it's either to be agreed upon, added to, or opposed or left alone. Looking down at his key, Amon saw the numbers 334 and questioned just what "magic" she was talking about. For all he knew maybe the staff was aware of Amons coming and viewed information on him, getting a general ideal of what he likes. Nodding as he stopped and spotting the numbered door, he slipped the key in and turned it, the clicking signifying it's unlocking. 

"That's actually fine by me. I honestly can't wait to get started, well, as soon as I'm done unpacking and doing of resting. That ship those drunk dild- sailors was not the best I've been on." Amon admitted, showing a clear disdain to the ship he arrived on. 

Once Amon opened the door he saw the blinds were opened, and the room in front of him was... Surprisingly perfect. The room was nothing fancy at all save for the walls and flooring, as matter of fact the living room was quite normal, smelling of lemon pinesol. The ground before was was made of smooth marble stone instead of carpet, however about twelve feet into the room the stone flooring ended with the twenty-five foot length of dark hardwood flooring, a dark brown leather couch in the center with an end table on either side of it. In front of the couch was a dark wood table with a remote on it, a 72" bulky TV against an accented wood wall of different shades of earthly tones. The rest of the walls were blue on the East and West walls while the South was an eggshell white. On the right were two openings, a hallway leading down to five bedrooms and another doorless room; the kitchen. 

Amon looked around and took a deep breath. He'd always wanted a house like this, built next to an ocean or massive roaring rivers. But that'll come later. He carted the luggage to the center of the room and took the objects from Velvet, setting them on the couch. He looked around again and spotted more of his crates and boxes in a corner, ease rushing along his shoulders and mind. This was actually a lot more than expected, regardless he had guest in his room who helped him out. 

"Thank you for your help and all. And I really appreciate the job opportunity you gave me." Amon said, unsure whether Velvet would stay for Vanilla or of she had more duties to attend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

((Sorry for the wait.)) 

StaffVelvet: She stepped into his room. "I'll keep you company until Vanilla shows up, if you don't mind. She should be along soon. Would you like me to assist you with getting settled in?" She offers to help unpack his luggage while they wait, sticking around in case he had other questions she could answer.

@BladeRunner

Amon stated at the window, looking at the sea that was far away from this view. He'd never personally been to a place like this, a coastal area at the ocean, a hotel as good as this one seemed for now. Once he gets a place settled Amon considered giving this hotel a five star review just from what he's seen between the condition of the building and it's staff. Why there weren't more people was beyond him... Perhaps under normal circumstances it was really expensive and right now they were doing something as a holiday giveaway... Along those lines. 

Amon's attention was turned to Velvet, his thoughts clearly interrupted but shown no signs of aggravation. He looked around to see what needed unpacking first, and from tote to crate he considered each one before settling on the kitchen material. He walked over and hefted the heavy thing, mentally thanking God that he was fit for lifting such weight. Amon then carried it to the open kitchen where he set the large crate on the island, opening it up. 

As he began to unpack bubble and newspaper wrapped dishware Amon replied to Velvet, "I don't mind at all. And I considered asking you for help but honestly, that would be plain rude, but thanks for the offer. Say, do you get a lot of... "Frisky," patrons? Like the more aggressive or entitled one's. From what I've seen so far people here are pretty laxed, I've yet to see anyone not... Well, nice."

((It's chill))

StaffVelvet: "It wouldn't  be rude to ask for help. After all, this is my job." She smiles warmly as she heads over and begins to assist him. "As for "frisky" guest, do we get some unruly ones from time to time. The doesn't have a lot rules, so some guest take that as an opportunity to do or act as they please. Some guest can be overly aggressive and attempt to take what's not been offered to them. Plus all staff have the right to refuse certain activities if a guest makes them uncomfortable. Some guest don't respond well to that. But if any rules are broken in grievous way, the perpetrators are sent to spend time in the dungeon to be "re-educated" on what few rules the island does have."

@BladeRunner

Amon paused. Surely she was joking about the dungeons, right. He began to stack the plates next to the sink, dust and dirt covering them from the trip to the island. He threw the bubble wrap and newspaper back into the box, dumping it later into a trash can much later when he got the chance. He'd consider much of the "reeducation" that was told obscurely, and he shivered at the thought of what Velvet meant. Amon thought his stay might be cut short sooner if these people were cultists or just plain insane. 

Trying find something to quickly change the subject, Amon, after a moment asked, "Do you allow gardens? Not like flowers but actual vegetables and fruits of the sorts? I didn't know of this island receives shipments from a mainland or if you have your own crops growing. I'd actually like to start something small, I didn't know if you were against it."

Velvet: "This is your room. You may a do as you please with it. Plus if there is anything you need, the room with shift to accommodate your plans. If you need any supplies, just ask me or one of the staff and we will get them for you. Or you can go them yourself from the Entertainment District." 

She could sense his uneasiness towards when she brought up the dungeon.  "And there's no need to worry about the dungeon. That is only for guest that severely break the rules, or purposely try to ruin someone else's time here in a severe manner. As long as you aren't a royal jerk, you'll have no need to go there, unless you want to."

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "That must be Vanilla. Can you let her in?" On the other side of the door stood Vanilla. She was wearing her usual white, short sleeved dress shirt and black dress shorts with red suspenders.

@BladeRunner

Edited by Lollipop

With that said, Amon felt at ease. Jesus, he'd hoped he wasn't in the dungeon anytime soon tempting as it didn't sound. He was even more relaxed when Velvet told him that he could do as he pleased with the place, if that was the case a cactus and pepper garden might just come to pass in the next month or so. Although Amon would certainly need to make sure he kept his job, and hopefully it paid it's employees well. Minimum wage employment was a bitch, luckily he's had a better paying job nine times out of ten, it would still suck. 

Granted hunting might provide a decent pay, if not good, and pretty well benefits, he was still intrigued as to how the rent was free. It still struck Amon odd but he let it go, no use in trying to answer the same question over and over. Whatever was lurking in the jungle must have been pretty bad if they needed a hunting party, most likely tigers and other predatory animals... Whatever was just as dangerous than a tiger. Maybe he could skin the animals and sell the pelts? No, no that would be wrong, tigers were endangered... Maybe, and if they were he'd doubt there would be any on this island. 

Hearing the knock at the front door, Amon obliged when Velvet asked him to answer it. Moving through a clear space Amon made his way to the door and once he opened it he was greeted with Vanillas form. He stepped aside and gestured her to come in, "Velvet's in the kitchen. Come on in." 

Vanilla: Vanilla smiled at him before walking in. "Thank you." As she walked towards the she looked around at the room with an impressed expression. She spun around, walking backwards for a couple seconds before spinning the rest of the way round and completing her walk to the kitchen. She then looked towards Amon. "You've got good taste." She grinned at him. Despite her formal appearance, she seemed a lot less professional than Velvet. Especially as she leaned against the kitchen counter. She looked at Velvet. "This my new recruit Vel?"

Velvet: She continued to sort through things for Amon. "Your being rude to the guest Vanilla. At least introduce yourself first."

Vanilla: "Ah right. Sorry about that." She stops leaning against the counter and turns back towards Amon. "Sorry about that. Name's Vanilla. I'm the Leader of the Defense Squad." She offer her hand to shake. "I hope we work well together."

@BladeRunner

Edited by Lollipop

With a, "Thank you," In response to Vanillas compliment Amon shut the door behind him from prying ears. He began to take note of the woman before him, how she acted so... Casually, which was probably what he needed instead of the formal and strict attitude. Well, she was on the clock, so her acting this might not be acceptable, however before Amon could ask about the new job Velvet corrected Vanillas act. 

Amon took Vanillas hand in a firm handshake, unaware of his own strength. He let go of it and said, "It's nice to meet you Vanilla, including you too Velvet." 

Getting his mind into the business set however, Amon realized this wasn't necessarily "meet and greet" rather he figured Vanilla was here to fill him in on the type of job taken. And- holy hell her hand was soft! He'd began to wonder about the lotions or body washes she used but focused on the task at hand. Last thing he needed was to take up too much of their time. He walked around the counter and into the kitchen where Velvet was still unwrapping dishware and began his own assault on the wrapped glasses and plastics. 

"So about the job I'm taking," Amon began, "What's it all about? I know it's hunting and that jazz, but what can you tell me about it?"

Vanilla: "Right to business I see." She grin goes back to leaning. "Well I'm not, sure what the world your from is like, so explaining exactly what we're hunting may be difficult. What we usually do is take new recruits on a scouting mission and show them the ropes, and then they can see first hand a little bit of what we are up against. The area we will check out is what we call in the defense squad, a low risk location. It basically means more of the easier to deal with beast go there." She stretches a bit, arching her back while letting out a slight yawn. "We're actually due to a low risk area near the beach. So there should be a couple critters roaming around there. Given that strong hand shake of yours, I'm sure you'll do great." 

Velvet: Suddenly her phone started to buzz. She pulled it and checked it, seeing that she had gotten a page. "Hmm...seems I'm needed for the time being. Lollipop and Mint have been pretty busy today I guess." She looks to Amon. "Sorry, but I'll to go for now. But you should be fine in Vanilla's care." 

@BladeRunner

Edited by Lollipop

Amon nodded as Velvet left the room, understanding she had a job to do and such. To him it was a good thing these people had training before diving into the fray, otherwise he'd most likely be screwed. And to get some hands-on experience was a great thing too, however it puzzled him what Vanilla meant by world. Jeez, Amon knew he was from another country but maybe these folks really considered places like his another world on its own... Well, maybe she was right about that. 

"Huh... That's actually pretty neat," Amon said considering everything that was explained, "I'm pretty glad y'all have something for the new hires to go through instead of throwing them into the skillet." 

It was clear Amon wasn't worried about any of it. He was fit for something like this clearly by looking at his body, and he had a sudden spark in his eyes. He was eager, hungry to get started... After he unpacks and get some rest. The guy was still tired from the unfortunate nights stuck in that damn ship with those drunk sailers, with what their partying and boisterous attitudes. Not that Amon minded, it was that they treated him like trash and a few times a crew mate or two got tossed overboard. 

Amon would lean against the back of the couch that was just across from Vanilla, relaxing a bit as to not seem too eager or mistakingly nervous, "If you don't mind my asking, what kind of beasts are to be expected? And what kind of weapons are generally used against them?" 

From his peripheral vision Amon ate Vanillas form up, she was in front of him so he needed not glance down and up at her. Though, he still dealt with a heartbreak, there was nothing wrong with looking. Shit, Velvet was pretty nice to look at as well, however he didn't just look down and engorge the mere sight of an ass or tits, get lost in dirty daydreams like some pervert. His mind was focused mostly on the job, however little intrusions like this were allowed in his book. However Vanilla may not notice Amons little glimpses as he kept his eyes focused upward at her face... Her noticing him would take hell of a lot of luck if not a some grand sense of perception. Why was he like this? 

y0676cb2vbp21.jpg?auto=webp&s=4ac023569c

Vanilla: She hadn't noticed Amon's glances at her figure. She didn't really seem the type to care about wandering eyes, her personality was so relaxed and carefree. She smiled at Amon as he sat on the couch and took in all he had said. She happy to hear that he like the idea of not jumping right into the thick of it. "Yea, the deeper areas of the jungle are really dangerous, and it's hard to learn what to expect and how to work as a team when your running for your life." She starts to chuckle a bit. She was being humourous but also meant what she said. "As for weapons, most any kind of weapon would work. We're not hunting the beast in the jungle for sport or profit, so as long as the thing is dead and we're not, I don't care what's used...well so long as it doesn't damage the jungle too much." She chuckles again at a joke she hasn't said yet. "So no napalm mister!" She continues to giggle a bit before calming down some. "Oh, I almost forgot to ask. What exactly is your weapon of choice. If you need something, we probably have it in the armory."

@BladeRunner

Edited by Lollipop

Amon listened to what Vanilla said and smiled at the thought of hunting again. But he mentally grimaced at the thought of, "As long as the things dead, I don't care what you use." 

Just what the hell were they hunting? Velociraptors?! His eyes grew a bit wider as Amon realized she said napalm. He was praying that maybe there was some sort of virus that the animals were far more vicious than usual, and that they had to use any means necessary to protect the people. With a short cough to help clear his thoughts, and the dry throat, Amon joked nervously, "J-jeez! It's as if you're waging a war!" 

Amon then steeled himself and gained a but of that lost composure with the question, "So how long have you been here for? You seem quite experienced for someone who's pretty-" 

Fuck! Amon chastised himself, dear Lord for all he knew she could already have a boyfriend, he thought before quickly continuing, "-Pretty... Pretty experienced!"

There was no covering that up. And the guy beat himself up for it. Jesus, if he had a penny for every time he complimented a woman he'd be rich! Though, oblivious, he was quite honest about his thoughts no matter how sweet, or brutal, they were. He might as well say, "Hey! We just met and I'm horny, wanna fuck?"

Or perhaps, "Sup sugartits, let me make myself obvious and be a downright pervert!"

Good grief, Amon had a lot to handle with himself alone. That was when he noticed the blood rush to his face, the warmth making his cheeks and causing a hard blush. He screwed up and was embarrassed before backpedaling and quickly saying in rapid succession, "I-I mean you are pretty I'm not trying to flirt with you or anything! I don't know if you have a boyfriend or not IDontWannaOffendYouOrAnything!"

Edited by BladeRunner

Vanilla: She stared at Amon, shocked by his sudden nervousness and rambling. Then she started to giggle, which turned into a cheery laugh. "Dude, calm down." She settled herself again and smiled at him. "Amon, I work on a resort Island with random tourists that show up everyday. Hot sun and people wearing swimsuits, some more revealing others. I used to being looked at, so don't worry about." She move over and sits on the couch next to him. "And thanks. I like that you think I'm pretty. And I don't have a boyfriend, so see, nothing to be embarrassed about. Though your pretty cute yourself, when your blushing like that." She smiles warmly at him. 

She sits back, relaxing. "As for how long I've been here...I'm not to sure. I've lost track time since I came here. No real point in keeping track of it here, y'know. But I guess I've been here long enough to be..." she giggles. "...Pretty experienced."

@BladeRunner

For every penny Amon lost it around a girl he thought looked good when speaking his mind by mistake, he'd certainly be rich. However his last relationship was what did it to him. He couldn't as so much compliment her at any time because she was always around her friends, and it eventually, and nearly, turned abusive. Though before it could really take off Amon found out she was cheating on him and it just broke the camel's back. Why he didn't leave sooner was beyond him.

"Alright" Amon managed trying to regain some sense of composure, nearly missing the compliment Vanilla gave. It wasn't right, he thought, for a man to act this way although she said it was "cute." Her giggles and laughter made the man ease his stress, and it was blatantly clear he that one mess up and he would grow frantic. Well, if this was a mess. 

Amon began to grow more relaxed once more until his shoulders were fully slumped, the woman in front of him sitting down on the couch. What he meant by experience was simply the work she does around here, what thought popped into his head was something different. With a sigh of relief that he didn't scare Vanilla away, Amon said, "I'm... Sorry about my fuss. There was someone who messed me up good awhile back and it's kinda left me in... A not so liquid state, of you catch my drift. But before I go badgering on again, when can I start with the defense team? Or my training rather."

Vanilla: "it's no problem. Don't worry about it." She wanted to reassure him to make him feel comfortable again.

"So about your training. I say, once you feel you have the energy, we can head out. The location isn't far from here, but I want you to be in good shape in case anything happens. Always be ready to run. That's rule number 1. Remember that. Those thing rarely ever leave the jungle so if things get too crazy always run for it. Got it?"

@BladeRunner

Edited by Lollipop

"Got it," Amon replied. He wasn't necessarily sure as to what to ask next, his mind was still in somewhat a bit of a haze. With not a whole lot say or whatever topic to bring up, Amon merely asked Vanilla, "So I guess I'm all out of questions. Where do we go from here?" 

It was quite clear the guy was lost, and it was moreso due to his question. He didn't usually deal with people like this, interviews, sure, but normally he expected a room with a manager or regional trainer on the other side of a desk, sitting expectantly. Suffice to say everything caught Amon in off guard, from the casualness of the woman before him to the room, he'd even expected the hotel to look... Well, normal. Amon would then continue, "I mean, if you want to stay be my guest, if you need to leave I'm not against it..." 

"What are you doing!" Amon's subconsciounce yelled.

"I was... I'm wanting to ask... If you're available tonight...?" Amon said, trying to carefully ask that question without freaking out nor without acting like a bull in a China shop. The breakup with his ex left Amon feel free but exposed, a bit of trauma in the mix for good measures, but enough time passed that he recovered from it mostly. There was still some to go through, but time will repair that.

• Love 1

Vanilla: "Well to answer your first question, I guess now we can take you out to get your training done. No time like the present, if your up to it." Its easy tell that Vanilla, while able to easily relax, she could be a very energetic girl. "If you want to head out, just grab what you need and we can head down to the jungle." Then she grins. "As for your second question..." She places a hand on his thigh and leans in a bit. "Are you asking me out on a date? Cause if you are, then my schedule is open for this evening." 

@BladeRunner

Edited by Lollipop
  • Woohoo 1

Amon perked up. They can train? Now? He felt his heart accelerate with excitement once again, the thought of learning how to hunt all over again catching much needed attention. It has been... Years, possibly since his Senior year of high school that Amon actually went into the woods and hunted with his friends. Raccoons, Coyotes, Foxes, Elk, Deer, and fishing even when they went out on trips. It made good money selling the pelts, and using the kills for food was different. Deer and Elk taste similar to beef just with a slightly different tinge of... Something. Oh well, he'd have to wait to memorize it correctly. 

That was when something else caught Amons attention. He happened to look from Vanilla, who he'd hadn't taken his eyes off of, to the hand and quickly back up. She then leaned in and he did the same, an odd voice controlling his movements seemingly. His demeanor changed almost suddenly, like a light bulb flickering on from the dark room. Gone was the nervous blabbering fool and replaced with an eager and calm man. There was something about his eyes that changed too when Vanilla placed her hand on Amons thigh, like someone else was stepping in for the guy. Truth was, he had confidence yet still had that fear lingering about. 

"Don't know where I'd take ya," Amon replied with a smirk, his hazel green and brown eyes meeting her emerald green orbs, "But I can take you wherever you'd like. Not like I got a lot going on." He mused, his own hand traveling over to her thigh and giving it just a light squeeze.

However what Amon did not count in was the misjudgement in where his hand went, Vanillas inner thigh. Amon accidentally over reached and gently squeezed her inner thigh, whether Vanilla knew it was an accident or perhaps it urged her further. Amon, poor Amon, did not realize this as he stared into those beautiful green eyes. God, he thought, if I lose my virginity tonight I... Wouldn't know where to go from there. Shit, if I made it that far.

Vanilla: Vanilla's eyes widen with surprise. She hadn't expected him to be so forward given how he was acting before. After a moment a sly grin crossed her face. "Heh, your a bit more bold than I thought you were." She giggled at him before placing a hand on his chest and gently pushing him back. "How about we come back here after your training, and give you some entertainment. I'm sure we can have more fun after get our adrenaline pumping." She stands up and stretches before heading towards, the door. "If I indulge in play before work, I'll get a lectured again. Are you ready?"

@BladeRunner

Edited by Lollipop

Amon snapped upward from his seat and said, "I've got my wallet and keys. I'm ready." 

The man followed Vanilla out the door, relieved he didn't receive a negative action from her but still was dumbfounded himself. As he followed, Amon closed and locked the door behind him, old paranoia of the ghettos of Texas coming back to haunt him. So many game consoles stolen. Pushing away that part of his past, he'd begun to put his mind toward his objective, showing Vanilla a good time... Or would she be the one to show him a good time? 

((Would we be switching to another area of the club?))

Edited by BladeRunner