Black Crusade Reboot Gameplay Thread!

The darkness of space was rent asunder and a twenty kilometer starship, looking like an entire hive had somehow launched itself into space, tore through the purple bruise of the warp rift and reentered real space. The Nightborne Conqueror, a midnight blue Battle Barge with bronze edgings, dropped it's Gellar field and ignited its thick layers of void shields as it powered in system towards the vulnerable planets. The soap bubble of it's voids were strong enough to resist the Nightborne Conqueror flying through the corona of a star without weakening and even if they did fail the Battle Barge's armored hull could resist shells the size of mainline battle tanks hurled against it without cracking. The ship's own weapons, macro cannons the size of sky scrapers and lance batteries that could pierce the thickest adamantium armor were designed to pummel entire worlds into submission with the threat of utter destruction. A major cities worth of spires and cathedrals blistered the leviathan's back and it's super massive engines burned with cherry red volcanic power as it propelled the Battle Barge towards it's victims. The Nightborne Conqueror, a Heresy-era artifact of high technology once belonging to the Night Lords Legion now housed a vicious warband of Heretics and corrupted Astartes, reentering Imperial space to raid, pillage, and fulfill their darkest ambitions.

On bored the battle barge the was a 14 foot ex black templar terminator hannging around the drop pods waiting to hop in and drop on some poor heathens . He has a heavy flamer in one hand the other had a minigun . His name was and on'y Rage a very short temper terminator he follow none of the dark gods but him self and burning a poor fool 

Ruva had strode these halls as a young Legionnaire lifetimes ago. Even among the Astartes the Night Lord was ancient.

Barely pink-purple tinted lips parted in a savage smile as the sorceress looked down. Heavy breasts jiggled, sending the tiny platinum skull devices affixed to each nipple dancing with every step.

How she'd had been transformed into a female remained a bit of a mystery - either The Lord of Change was working a plan or the Thousand Sons sorcerer the Night Lord Librarian had been studying with had been angry about the execution of the household staff and had used some variation of the Rubric on him.

Either way the results amused Ruva rather than troubled her. She was far more curious about her new form than anything else. In the weeks since she'd quite literally woken up a woman she'd verified her powers were intact and her Black Carapace still worked. Life continued.

She had not seen the equally ancient Captain Kantos in a century or more and sought him out on the bridge.

The mighty Battle Barge still recognized her Night Lord DNA and admitted her to the bridge without pause.

She stepped through the massive gothic portal, naked save for a weapon belt bearing a Force Sword and a Bolt Pistol and the skulls that capped each breast.

"I am returned, Kantos. I have found some of the power we sought but The Night Haunter's visions, while dim and infrequent, still visit me. How proceeds the war of vengeance, old friend?"

• Love 1

Teak the Joyous, a three meter tall Astartes of the Emperor's Children Chapter, was handsome in a way uncommon for an Astartes, whom often suffered from a form of gigantism that blunted their features and made them harsh. With an angular face and long full locks of blonde hair that fell down around his shoulders the blue eyed giant looked more like a prince from a fairy tale then a Space Marine, even in his thick, highly decorated purple and gold power armor warplate.

Many women had swooned over the Astartes looks over the millennium and some had even survived his attentions but the Marine was as black hearted and cruel as he was good looking in his worship of the Daemon God Slannesh.

Mortal beauty was as nothing to him these days and only Daemons were beautiful and twisted enough to slake his lust temporarily and Teak often summoned them for his pleasure as he was a powerful sorcerer as well as a master swordsmen, though his psychic strength and skill weren't half of what his friend and rival the Thousand Son's sorcerer Kel'Kane commanded.

He licked his lips as his spell completed, summoning a Daemonette of Slannesh into his lavish private chambers. It was time to rape!

4 minutes ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

Ruva had strode these halls as a young Legionnaire lifetimes ago. Even among the Astartes the Night Lord was ancient.

Barely pink-purple tinted lips parted in a savage smile as the sorceress looked down. Heavy breasts jiggled, sending the tiny platinum skull devices affixed to each nipple dancing with every step.

How she'd had been transformed into a female remained a bit of a mystery - either The Lord of Change was working a plan or the Thousand Sons sorcerer the Night Lord Librarian had been studying with had been angry about the execution of the household staff and had used some variation of the Rubric on him.

Either way the results amused Ruva rather than troubled her. She was far more curious about her new form than anything else. In the weeks since she'd quite literally woken up a woman she'd verified her powers were intact and her Black Carapace still worked. Life continued.

She had not seen the equally ancient Captain Kantos in a century or more and sought him out on the bridge.

The mighty Battle Barge still recognized her Night Lord DNA and admitted her to the bridge without pause.

She stepped through the massive gothic portal, naked save for a weapon belt bearing a Force Sword and a Bolt Pistol and the skulls that capped each breast.

"I am returned, Kantos. I have found some of the power we sought but The Night Haunter's visions, while dim and infrequent, still visit me. How proceeds the war of vengeance, old friend?"

"It's been a good century my friend but our indulgences have finally drained our resources low again, it's time to capture more slaves and replenish our ammunition and war supplies. In addition we have suffered a number of Eldar raids over the past months from Craftworld Farneeze, I suspect they know something about our future that we do not, as is often the case with them." Kantos informed the beautiful sorceress. He himself had sharp predatory features and long lank black hair. His eyes were black pits on his pale face and seemed to go well with his midnight blue power armor with it's jagged painted lightning strikes.

"And what juicy targets have you chosen?" She asked in Nostroman.

Not this juicy target, Kantos." The sorceress continued, pointing to the bridge's data slate and Hololith. "For the raid."

She worked her own pale jaw thoughtfully. The Eldar might not be a bad target in the future.

She gave the Captain her own predatory look. The pair were both Nostromans; pale to the point of near translucence, dark eyes and hair. It would not be impossible for the pair to be kin. Suddenly the hawk faced Captain seemed more attractive.

She shoved the idle thought aside in favor of the matter at hand. Slaves and supplies.

"If we could figure out where the Craftworld is and conquer it the extremely powerful and numberless souls in it's Infinity Circuit could be consumed to propel one of us to Daemonhood, though it would be an epic task, Currently I've got a Blood Angel's outpost and supply depot in my sights on the moon of Carnava as well as the young forge world of Phobos, though there is a demi-legion of titans there, still it would be amazing loot!"

Kel'Kane had once been of the Thousand Sons, an Exalted Sorcerer in the service of Magnus the Red both before and after the Primarchs ascension into Daemonhood. In the long winding millennium since those halcyon days he had abandoned the Thousands Son's and their broken Legion for the Alpha Legion. He never expressed why he had done this or what he had gained from it but his armor was now the light blue and green of Alpharius' Sons. The many headed Hydra stood out in sea green on his plaudron, one of his armor's few decorations. He had dark hair and dark eyes and his features were unremarkable, unlike the sorcerous power that boiled through his veins.

• Like 1

Argon Morr was a huge marine of noble bearing and aspect made all the larger when entombed within his massive suit of tactical dreadnought armor, painted matt black with the ruby red Eye of Horus glaring out from his chest plate. The Terminator had once been one of the Captains of the Justaerin, the personal bodyguards of Horus Lupercal ten millennium past.

Argon Morr was a brilliant strategist and warrior, perhaps the best fighter on the battle barge in fact and as he stalked onto the Bridge his four terminator minions stalked after him.

"What forces do we have left after that last skirmish with the Eldar?" He gruffly demanded of Vervian Kantos, the Night Lords master of both the battle barge and the largest Astartes force on the ship.

Kantos shared an amused glance with Ruva then answered the bullish terminator: "I have thirty four veteran Night Lords serving under me as well as ten raptors. The Ancient Dreadnought Subakai will awaken to my call as well. Kel'Kane has nine Rubric Marines in his lair, Teak; his summoned Daemons. I have little knowledge yet of what our new recruits have brought with them but I doubt we have even a full companies worth of Astartes now."

Argon Morr gave a disgusted grunt then gave Ruva a look. "I haven't seen you in a century, have your powers grown? With multiple Sorcerers on board that's at least something...."

"Nothing is true, every action is justified..." The Daemon whispered to Kel'Kane as his powerful  mind plumbed the Warp's depths. The Tutelary Daemon had joined him on his journey into darkness and was whispering dark truths into his mind as Kel'Kane scryed the currents of fate.

The Eldar that kept attacking them knew something about the Astartes that they themselves didn't know and as Kel'Kane scryed he got the impression of being hunted, something besides the Eldar, something stronger, darker, was pursuing the Astartes through time and space. Whatever it was concealed itself well but the wake waves in the warp from its directed malice could still be felt.

Kel'Kane awoke, snapping his eyes open. Whatever it was would reveal itself in time he knew, the best they could do was prepare themselves.

Rising from the lotus position he began striding through the dark halls towards the bridge.

"They have, but have yours, old dog of war?" Ruva asked without rancor. He had been a powerful warrior when Horus was slain but time had, apparently, frozen for him.

"I have a single young Astartes, come to freedom less than a decade ago. He is eager and savage - often too eager. I sense the reek of the Blood God on him, but until I throws him self on the Throne of Skulls he will slay our enemies."

She omitted the existence of the caged Space Wolf, as he was, for now, unsuited for combat on their side. But the time would come... At the moment she approached the hololith, and examined the options.

"the defenses at the Blood Angels outpost seem fairly light. Let us start there and secure serfs, and slave infantry. We'll use those gain to secure the Titans - or at least a portion of them. I believe I saw a Heretek who looked to have some promise when I boarded. She may be able to turn the Titans to our cause if we can secure the forges. I also heard there may be a Son of Magus who came aboard. Rumor has it he may be my most recent mentor - although that may have some complicating factors where I am concerned."

She adjusted the tactical display and indicated the points of insertion that looked most vulnerable to her. She turned to Morr and Kantos - both of whom had spent more time planning strategy than she had. As a Librarian gathering intel for the strategic planners and supporting the plans and Legionnaires assigned to carry them out had been her primary duties during the Great Crusade and inevitable war of freedom that followed. In the aeons since, she had expanded her arcane powers far more than her tactical acumen.

"These seem like the points to initiate our assault to overcome their resistance quickly, then we can secure the rest of the facilities with a minimum of force at our leisure. Morr, Kantos, Kel'Kane what say you?"

Morr nodded then said: "A single tactical squad of Blood Angels guards the depot on the jungle moon, let's see how our new recruits do together."

Vervian nodds his agreement as well and sends a signal for all recent arrivals to gather at the drop pods. "Ruva is a veteran, she has command." He commands, conveniently putting another Night Lord in charge of the expedition.

Morr shrugs as if it hardly matters to him and Kantos smiles.

Ruva nodded curtly to the Night Lord Captain. "I will go don my armour." She replied to accept command and turned to exit the bridge. On the way to her quarters - the elaborate suite that had once belonged to the mortal captain of the crew. She'd tried to claim the Libraium and the Chief Librarian's quarters but the Alpha Legionnaire, Kel'Kane occupied that space.

On the way she called ahead for serfs and low ranking techs to begin preparing her amour.

In a quarter of an hour she was fully armed and armoured, her blue-black Mk. IV power armour that still had her crusade era lightning generator installed and striding through the ancient passageways and hatchways of Nightbourne Conqueror. She reached the Drop Pod bay without thought, On her way she had cursed the first three of her bolt pistol's bolts to tear at the mind of anyone shot with them. It would be effective against any Astartes but especially so against psykers.

She found her minion, Hadrius standing in his piecemeal suit of power armour, chainsword in hand. She clapped him on the shoulder. "Pick up a bolter from one of the loyalist fools, would you?"

"Why?" He asked simply and the Night Lord shook her helmeted head. "You are Khorne's already, aren't you?" Had his head been bare and the voxcaster of his banged up old Mk II helmet better, the genuine confusion would have been clearer, as it was he simply sounded stupid, "What?" The mission commander ignored him and looked around herself at the gathered new members of the warband.

"Here is where you prove your worth. Not to me, but to Kantos, Captain of the Viiith and commander of this ship. Our enemies are few. Hit them hard and kill them, but do NOT destroy the depot or the supplies. Who is with us!?" She asked, gauging the strength of her force.

Spoiler

OOC: @JennyDK, @Guroda, @Solomon, @Dozle The Crusader, @Kerzin Kalamond, @Quivering_Thoughts and @Balthier jump on in here. The Blood Angels are trying to steal our stuff and we need to liberate it.

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories
  • Love 1

Sanakht looked about his quarters he had finished making it his own; carving fell symbols of Tzeentch to ward his chambers against arcane intrusion and bringing his various tomes with him. He had also brought with him some of his works. 12 tzaangors he had made in a ritual to grant some favored cultists greater strength (he intended to gift 3 to Ruva for her aid in gathering some of the materials for the ritual before she had left). As well as a staff carved from a large soul gem that had been embedded within an Eldar titan at one point; it enhanced his illusions allowing him to more perfectly toy with the perceptions of his targets.

As he was perusing through a translated copy of the Voynich manuscript an Augur appeared in his helmets display, a light blinking in the eyepiece as it rested on its stand. He closed the book handing it to a tzaangor. He stood up, strode over to his helmet and picked it up. He looked at the faceplate it's silvery surface showing his reflection his angular tan face and short black hair showing his Prosperan heritage. He looked into the reflection of his eyes and sighed as he saw them shift color and shape again. They never appeared the same way twice; luckily ever since the rubric had been cast the flesh change had halted within him. Banishing those thoughts from his mind he put on the helmet. In his inhumanly deep voice he spoke to himself "Ah the drop pod bay, and Ruva will be in command interesting..." He then addressed a tzaangors pointing at it. "Bring me my inferno combi-bolter then guard this chamber against intrusion." He grabbed it from the tzaangor and summoned his prismatic stave to his hand on the way out of his chamber; the cloak and robe he wore with his armor flaring dramatically with the movement, he began his journey through the ship to greet his former pupil.

He happened upon Ruva as she neared the drop pod bay working a curse on the ammo in her bolt pistol. He reached his mind out to touch it and sense its nature; recoiling at the anti-psyker enchantment. It was a powerful working, likely granted it's strength the internalized self hatred the VIIIth legion had for those with psychic powers, including themselves. Ruva had worked through those issues under his tutelage, but they still existed deep enough down. "@WritesNaughtyStories Ah you demonstrate great skill and knowledge with that working; the primarch of the Blood Angels legion had the same Sight yours did. Those rounds will likely be slightly more effective on them than, say, one similar to your pet. After your successful command on this mission I have a gift for you... a little reminder of your studies." He continued walking to the rest gathered here and assumed an attentive position with those gathered for the assault. Ruva gives her speech and Sanakht raises his combi-bolter at the end and shouts in agreement to raise his former pupil's confidence. It wasn't true to his nature but Ruva would likely appreciate it anyway.

spacer.png

Edited by Solomon
grammar and speech color. Also added the image

OOC: Let me know if I have to change up anything here. I will try my best to wing things with the little knowledge I have.

ddt1dg7-e69cd49f-0d74-4d43-b7fe-4b84b8bb

Driven annoyed and frustrasted as fuck by the limitations of the Imperium, this former techpriest has since joined forces with Chaos. Her intentions are not to kill or destroy things, really. She has made that very clear to those who offered her to this opportunity. Even when the gift of immortality was put on the table, she told them 'no' as she has plans to achieve this by technology alone. She has woved to herself never ever to lie under any circumstances as she sees truth as the ultimate ideal to have as a person. The only reason Chaos intrigues and made her consider them, is the freedom to build what she wants and simply providing them back with what they need on the side.

It is a day like any other for her as she rises early and begins to work on her next small droid."Your purpose is to serve me tea. Welcome to the family soon", she tells the little robot she is slowly putting together.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Upon this battle barged was another astartes however unlike his bethren of chaos his armor still adorned the black markings of the old heresy dark angel. One of the first legion to betray lion el Johnson and join in the black crusade. This man Segmir, was now upon the barge thanks to being flung from the warp a while ago. The entrance a bit rocky as even chaos did not expect for a fallen to drop from the sky along with several of his fallen battle brothers. However what came with it was the tech of the promised Raven wing. Knights suited on bikes with plasma talons to tear asunder even the heaviest of foes. 

Here Segmir had joined them in the crusade only to hear on the coms about blood angels. His smile grew as he donned his helm once more, "come brothers! The pitiful follows of sanguineous are here and we are to tear asunder their small land! Remove any who resist and proclaim what shall belong to us!" Segmir never went into full detail why blood Angels were his hated foe. One would think it was his past allies the dark angels. However that seemed to have changed after the last time he was flung from the warp. Something about death company and still standing after being pelted by bolter fire, power swords, and flamers. Watching a whole squad of his own torn asunder has left a sore spot on the fallens record.

However Segmir knew he will get another chance someday as he entered the vox of conversation, "Our bikes are ready if you need someone to destroy their batteries quickly. Teleport homers should have the ready for the terminators as well" Perhaps it was past tactics but the fallen had a respect for those who would destroy the enemy in great power armor.

IMG_55216457206551.jpeg

Edited by Guroda

Ruva nodded as the Dark Angel readied his bike on the Drop Pod. "I know you not, Angel of Death." she offered the First Legion biker. "There is only @Dozle The Crusader Rage who will accompany us. What Terminators beyond him are available will remain here."

The Night Lord Librarian raised her hand and waved the host into the Drop Pod. "Let them taste fear and suffering." She pointed to the new Heretek, "You, Heretek @JennyDK, accompany us should there be technology to recover."

She pushed Hadrius toward the Drop Pod, "Bolter. I command it. Even Rage uses his Reaper Cannon and Flamer." She crossed to the other Librarian, "@Solomon Sanakht, I may yet need to learn the Rubric. Hadrius is clearly already lost to the workings of The Lord of Change..."

Segmir nodded to Ruva as he began checking his bike, the plasma talons, his sword and combi-bolter. Afterwords he gave gestures to his astartes to stand by for orders. It seemed this particular drop was going to be personal. It was good as it had his heart thinking inside the fibro plate, eager to see the skills of the fighters amongst him. The soft hum of communication going online as his channel with his second in hand, "yes we will be keeping an eye out for the other forces. Remember we have just arrived on this battle barge ourselves so don't get in the way unless you wish to end up as another foolish sacrifice. " Segmir cut the message there, he knew full well the power of librarians especially those under the dark gods. A false move could spell disaster for the fallen if they had the whole ship turned against them. 

"Even if I knew the full scope of the Rubric of Ahriman and taught it to you; you would not enjoy it's effects upon your dog, he is no psyker and would lose his form like ashes in a gale. I suggest coming up with your own solution." Sanakht looked over the other's assembled here. He was pleased to see a Heretek. He always enjoyed speaking to persuers of knowledge on a different path fron him, it offered greater perspective. The eddies of warp that surrounded the bikers of the First legion were strange indeed, but indicated the hands of the dark gods at work which removed most suspicion. "Well don't get to far ahead on those bikes. I won't be able to cover you with illusions should you stray to far. That being said Ruva are the Blood Angels expecting us or have we remained hidden from their long range scanners?" Sanakht entered the drop pod, strapping himself in preparing for the descent.

Patricia only half way listens to what is being said among the rest of the assembled crew present as she is more busy tinkering with her new little robot."Ughhh...I really need smaller tools! It gets so freaking hard to reach the minute things in machines this small", she softly speaks to herself, with the retractable miscroscope zooming further in withing her left eye. She has not even heard the actual assignment being told on, her mind mostly in the clouds with machinery, learning new tech and so on.

Segmir looked to Sanakht @Solomon as he prospected the idea of illusions. "We shall remain at a suitable distance. Likewise if you need me to transport any item a short distance then with your own warp abilities I can do that. My bike can jump a short distance crossing the warp, however I do not know how it works completely. The chaos gods bless us with their presence but privy on all details. My apologies" Segmir knew the value of knowledge to the thousand sons so when unable to explain the workings that the chaos gods blessed with, was to him a shame. 

"An interesting proposal. @Guroda Segmir does it require line of sight or can it bypass walls?" Sanakht brushed against the mind of the Heretek and noticed their focus on technology as opposed to the mission. He decided to only speak to her mind. +Heretek @JennyDK you do understand the basic parameters of the mission at least, yes? Plus our foes may have more delicate tools...+

Patricia spends very little time with others due to her focus on tech and building things, so for now she will have to get to know the others from this mission. She is aware of the mind ability things others can use and for once she looks up from her tinkering, with a very disinterested look in her eyes."Ohh, the mission? Can you give me the cliff notes of it? I think you are aware that my expertise only revolve tech and thus any other details, beyond my own safety, will probably be unnecessary. If they prove to have some proper hardware and new tech, I will surely  be on the lookout for that. When do you plan to leave? I am allllllmost done here, after all!", she simply speaks.