Black Crusade Reboot Discussion Thread!

Actually on the question of the warp. Would it be alright with everyone if my marine while on his bike could teleport short distance? I understand that teleportation is a very strange complex thing in the universe but I would be alright if it was in a limited use lest he be thrown back to the warp and it's limited to his bike.

Also I do intend to roll Everytime i use plasma. Something funny about him growing angry because another plasma pistol is about to explode.

@JennyDK we are getting ready to launch an assault shuttle called a drop pod on a Blood Angels' supply depot. Ruva asked Patricia to accompany the Legionnaires on the raid. I'm trying to make sure I don't leave anyone behind who wanted to go. If Patricia is coming, have her get on the Drop Pod and buckle up. We're gonna go kill some pretty boys.

Edited by WritesNaughtyStories
  • Like 1

Also I want to tell everyone that you have a lot more narrative freedom here than in a typical game as this is a wider cooperative tale. Feel free to add your own details and tales, I have an overarching story I want to tell but I'll incorporate anything that happens on the ground into it.

Regarding combat and the like, feel free to kill any unnamed nps at will and any named NPCs with my permission. Each Named NPCs has their own story but I fine with it being cut off usually. For instance the named Blood Angel's Sergeant has a story and background and potential future but I give my permission for you to kill him if you please.

Regarding potential battle between PC characters you can only kill them if you get permission and work it out with the owning PCs player first.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Guroda said:

Awsome. Because something I was curious to suggest was while we do have encounters you create, is it possible to put in our own antagonist as well through out the game? For example I have an ultramarine that I think would be fun or an Ork that could get pulled into the middle of the crusade.

Yes feel free to add your own villains, plots, and tales!

Just as a note while you can definitely slaughter guardsmen and most other enemies willy nilly even at your level Astartes should take more effort to bring down than chaff, just for the rule of cool's sake in addition to 'realism'.  Instant killing one marine? Cool, but a group should take some effort. You may single handedly fight a squad and win, but it should be quite a doing yeah?

• Like 1

Psi powers however really can fuck up whole squads of Astartes if you're a high function user and you don't have to stick to powers from Black crusade, feel free to make up your own shit, just remember that this is balanced by how dangerous the warp is and high end powers should always feel risky.