.hack series

Hey guys. Not long ago I've taken a liking to the .hack anime series and I'd like to know a few things if there is anyone that can answer my questions.

1) What is the difference between .hack sign and .hack legend of the twilight

2) Which one of the two is the first released

Edited by DraGonIZeD~GloRY

• Senior Staff

There is no strict 'difference' as such, as it is a series continuation. It also includes a series of video games.

In response to the other question, it's .hack//Sign first, then .hack//Legend of the Twilight.

Including the video games [anime in bold, games in italic]:

.hack//Sign

.hack//Infection

.hack//Mutation

.hack//Outbreak

.hack//Quarantine

.hack//Legend of the Twilight

.hack//Roots.

hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth

.hack//G.U. Vol. 2: Reminisce

.hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption

Each of the first four games [Infection, Mutation, Outbreak & Quarantine] came with an extra DVD including an episode of .hack//Liminiality too, so there's an OVA to find as well.

Edited by SMFoxy

• Senior Staff

26 episodes and 3 OVAs of .hack//Sign.

The first four games come with an OVA each [part of a series, they tie in with the games though], so 4 OVAs of .hack//Liminality.

12 episodes of .hack//Legends.

26 episodes of .hack//Roots.

You'll also be pleased to know there's lots more to it. For example, other OVAs, a movie, video adaptations of some of the games.

That's not even starting on the novels. Here, it's probably best if you check it out yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack//

• Senior Staff

There's also Accel World and Sword Art Online. As for CrunchyRoll, their subs aren't the greatest, but they do have a pretty big collection to my knowledge.

I'm not totally sure, but I think you need to register, though. Correct me if I'm wrong on on either of those, Manni. I haven't been there in ages.

If you look around, you could probably find a few other decent sites. I mostly use WAOanimeonline.