Teachers office

Seeing Vlad give him more of his attention, Victor, too, laid down his papers and stretched back in his chair, turning towards the vampire. He gave thought to his words. "Humans often don't even treat each other as equals," he started. "Hell, it took us until 20th century to even acknowledge that women are people just as much as men. With a change as large and sudden as the appearance of monsters, I'm frankly surprised we didn't end up in an outright war because of it." Cynism and even some undirected blame resonated in his voice. He was one of few people who really knew both sides of the situation and knew firsthand how the relations between humans and monsters tended to look so far. He'd have to be naive to believe they would change soon.

"But you're right, Sunveil brings... some hope," the werewolf finished. He fell silent for a while, not really sure how to follow-up that statement. He stayed like that for a moment, his train of thought going into a slightly different direction. "How did it even look from the monster side? The opening of the gate, I mean. All that's ever mentioned is the human perspective, but I just realized that I've never really heard how it looked for monsters. Do monsters have any idea what even caused the rift to appear?"

Edited by Icarian Dreams

"Good question, I forget you are not amongst the older monsters. I managed to occasionally sneak into the human realm for a while, it became a little harder after I had to become a parent. However I was not aware of any large-scale connections ever being present. The rift appeared without prior warning which came as a huge surprise to all monsters. It really is a mystery, nobody seems to know much, or speak of it if they did. I'm a curious man so I am also interested in the rift's origin." Vlad rambled on about the rift for a short time before eventually coming to a halt. "It is a very interesting topic indeed, yet it is shrouded in mystery so things are more speculative at this stage."

"It makes you wonder whether something like that happened in the past. With human stories filled with monsters, you have to assume that our cultures had some sort of contact. But then, why have we no other proof?" A half-smile once again appeared on his face. "The longer we walk this Earth, we more and more realize how little we really know. Our history must appear as shots in the dark, compared to the near-certainty that longevity of some of you may bring." He concluded, reaching for a bottle of water from his pack. He would have prefered coffee, but he really didn't have the patience to make one right now. He really enjoyed these sort of conversations. Hell, they were one of the reasons why he decided on getting a Master's in History. He wondered how many of his colleagues had a chance to share their thoughts with people of another realm. It was undoubtedly a significant perk of his current job.

• Like 1

"Yes, it does make sense. As previously stated I did make the odd trip but there is no way something like that could make such an impact. I must say, the matter is so convoluted that I cannot help but be perplexed." The vampire crosses his right leg over the left and smiles once again. It was certainly refreshing to have such a conversation. Most of his interactions were purely school oriented. "Indeed, there really is no better teacher than age and experience. Time elapses perpetually with no chance of stopping so it is really hard to see all that happens in a human lifespan, not that all monsters are timeless. I guess I am lucky enough to be an immortal." Vlad rarely spoke this way with anyone, he always dumbed down his speech and spoke about simple matters with almost everyone, his daughter being the main exception, so he was pleasantly surprised to speak with one of his more familiar colleagues about such topics. While Vlad studied human biology and taught it, his main passion was knowledge and power in general. This is why he is so well-versed in these things.

• Like 1

"And yet, I doubt I'd ever choose such longevity even if I could," Victor responed after a while of thought, as the vampire's words moved his thoughts towards a different dillema. "To quote Homer's words; 'everything's more beautiful because we are doomed.' There are undoubtful pros to immortality, but I must imagine that once you've lived for long enough, life itself may become bland. I see a certain romanticism to mortality."

"But then again, my perspective is still limited to merely a third of the human lifespan. I imagine you would have had time to examine the matter in much greater depth." The werewolf chuckled slightly, but his words did betray a certain respect he held to vampire's experience. It was clear that the vampire's knowledge was quite vast, and Victor always deeply valued his insights. The fact that Vlad wasn't patronizing towards him didn't escape his attention and appreciation as well. He even felt slight pride in it.

• Like 1

"That is very understandable. I felt the same a few centuries ago, in fact there was a good 70 years where I attempted to die somehow. Mortality definitely gives value to life, but immortality allows one to appreciate strange things normally believed to be pointless. While a human may dedicate life to big tasks like climbing the social ladder, making a family and cramming as many things as possible on a to do list, I can take my time with those things and focus on the bigger picture so to speak. I amassed my knowledge this way because I could take my time to observe all that occurred around me instead of only watching the important thing unfold. You understand what I mean, yes?" Vlad coughed as he realized his rant went on for a while but he felt like Victor deserved a proper answer. 

"You are still young, my friend. I'm sure you will gain plenty of experience and knowledge to share, however despite my opinion I believe one should live life like a human for as long as they can within their first 100 years. I did not and it almost drove me insane."

• 2 months later...

Luther drafts a brief message to be sent to @JennyDK Bella. 

Countess von Liebhertz,

Though I'm loathe to ask a student for help in an off campus matter, i trust you a great deal. You mat rest assured it is of great importance and I believe your unique abilities could help greatly. Please come to tge teachers office at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,                                                                  Luther von Braun

Not long time passes by before a young looking maiden in a pretty and pristinely kept Victorian styled dress comes into the office. Bella has a simple, but pretty smile on her lips as she comes closer."Greetings professor von Braun. I am pleased that you called upon me and asked me for my assistance. I assume you require my sharp wits and high intellect in your matter? But...where are my manners though? It is always a pleasure and privilege to be in your highly esteemed and lovely presence", she says and make a respectful courtsey and comes closer.

• Like 1

Luther bows his head in reply to Bella's curtsey. "Thank you for responding to my message so swiftly. I do believe your intellect could be of great use as well as your ability to sense the auras of others."

Luther clasps his hands together and frowns slightly thinking of the matter at hand. "So the matter at hand while it may sound mundane but it is important. Someone has been stealing the money from vending machines, presumably a monster. It has not gone unnoticed by the mortal authorities which is a problem. Humans are still getting used to monsterkind, and it's imperative that we make a good impression and maintain a positive image. Humans tend to destroy things they see as dangerous. Take wolves in europe as an example, humans nearly wiped them out. Only laws protecting them have brought them to a stable population. So it would be best for us to find out who has been on this vending machine robbing spree and resolve it quietly."

Edited by Solomon
  • Like 1

Bella remains silent and attentive as Luther explains the situation to her. While she has had little contact with humans or even interest in them, she can definitely see the issues that would arise from this predicament. She shows her intent to follow his words by nodding lightly and giving off a thoughtful look and expression on her face. She rubs her chin lightly, indicating that she is already thinking this over even as he speaks. As the other vampire finally finishes off, she gives herself a moment or two to properly form her response."You are very correct and right to think this may lead towards a bigger problems between monsthers and humans. What kind of leads do you have and what have you discovered thus far mr. Braun?"

• Like 1

With a small smile, Luther listens to her with the same respect she has given him. Bella had always been an attentive, intelligent, and respectful student. "Well, I have found a wallet though there's no I.D. in it. But there was a coupon for The Golden Stream. Perhaps with your talents you'll be able to sense when someone recognizes it? We could also speak to one of the angels in town as I know one is involved in the investigation." He grimaces slightly, "For obvious reasons I would like to save that until we've exhausted other options."

Edited by Solomon

Bella has been to this place, but it seems like a decent place to start off and see what it might lead to. She can tell that being able to sense what people are and their state of their emotional state is a fairly good way to gauge someone better and thus hopefully making some progress."Then surely this Golden Stream is a good place to search and investigate. Do you have anything to help describe our criminal? A slip of paper for a tavern is hardly the biggest help to go by", she replies back, her brain trying to piece together what there else there might be to go after.

• 1 month later...

Luther nods. "The details are unfortunately quite sparse, the footage available was of a.. substandard quality. They have horns and claws however." Luther steeples his hands on the table "That is at least of some help but it doesn't narroe our search down all that much." Luther sighs and lays his hands flat on the table he is loathe to involve a student in something even potentially dangerous but cannot deny how useful Bella's abilities will be. "Will you be free to assist me after class, and please don't prioritize this over your studies I have managed just fine on my own." 

Bella listens attentively and carefully, taking in all the details she is able to and trying to form any new ideas in her mind. The teacher still seems to disregard the easiest and most clear clue though and Bella is not sure if he is not seeing it, but it seems unlikely as Braun is one of the more clever of staff."Well, it seems fairly straight forward and fitting to give the description to whoever runs that Golden Stream tavern. It seems fair to assume that they might have remembered a person like that in their place, especially if they are a seedy one", the countess replies back.

"Oh I plan to. I'd just wish to have someone there that could possibly verify whether or not the bartender is telling the truth or perhaps covering up for a friend." Luther waves a hand in the air. "I am likely being needlessly paranoid and overcomplicating it.... but," he searches for the words to put it tactfully. "certainty can be quite valuable if this does turn out to be a dead end." Luther stands up with a sigh. "Well then time to stop beating around the bush, are you available to accompany me?" He holds out a hand for Bella, in a polite fashion, to help her rise. 

Edited by Solomon

She gently reaches out for and grasps his hand, her own clad in a delicate silk glove, befitting of her station and nobility. Bella is not someone to be quiet when having opinions she wishes to utter, making her quite frank and open most of the time, if she deems the person worth her time. Thankfully, she has a great deal of respect for the teacher."Thank you kindly Mr Braun. We could stand here and discuss whether or not this is a cold lead or not and in the meantime, our culprit will risk getting away from us even more. When there is nothing else to go by, it is a waste of time to discuss other hypothecial leads or lack of them. To answer your inquiry: Of course, I can and will assist you. I have done my homework for months ahead of time", she explains, always been one of the hardest working students around the place.

[ New scene: Bridget LuBelle x Myla'tina ]

Among all the monsters in the academy, there was one particular "monster" that might as well not be called a monster, for how cute and interesting she is. She goes by the name of Myla'tina. There are some, who call her Tina. She's a young, curious and attentive anthropomorphic chameleon girl. Her background and true age is unknown, but this might be, because she doesn't talk much. She definitely can talk, but maybe she prefers not to. Nobody truly knows, which is why it leaves everyone, that crosses paths with her, curious. Even more curious, than Tina herself. She has already managed to get through the first classes of the year. She's pretty new to everything. After all, this is her first year in the academy and in the human world.

Some may call Tina primitive, with how scantily she was clad, with only a couple items of clothing covering her rather attractive body. She only had a quite cleverly designed bra on to cover her breasts, while her bottom parts were covered by a weird otherworldly mix of leather and latex panties and a triangle shaped accessory, hanging up front. It seemed to fit her well and it seemed comfortable! Everyone knows, that chameleons have long tongues. Tina has a long tongue, too! Putting her appearance and anything else unimportant aside...

Tina was certainly up to something this evening. She was taught to walk properly on two legs, like a human, but she doesn't like that. She was on all fours anyway, crawling like an actual lizard, her appendages bending in ways that a regular human most likely wouldn't be able to do, without broken wrists and ankles. Her gorgeous, glowing yellow eyes gazed around the hallways and landed on every little particle. Be that a tile on the floor, wall or ceiling, a vase, the windows, the lights hanging from the ceiling, she wanted to take a good look at everything, always. She was crawling at a slow pace, just so she can sink in every detail. At first, she crawled on the floor. Then, she slowly moved to the right, moving right up on the wall, sticking to it like strong glue. She stopped for a moment, looking around, before starting to move forward yet again, this time crawling on the ceiling. She was holding papers and a pen between her lips, which made her appear even cute, but she made sure she didn't drop them by accident. The grip with her lips wasn't too tight either, so neither the paper nor the pen was ruined.

The papers were homework from all the classes she had today. On them, there were scribbles, likely from the pen. It seemed like she tried to solve them. While she did nail a few questions, perhaps by pure chance, she had the most trouble with questions, in which you have to write out the answer using sentences. The words weren't placed in order that well, and it seemed more like gibberish. But, she really tried! She had good intentions and she wanted to complete her homework, so she was making her way to the office belonging to the teachers, hoping to find someone that can help her. Arriving at the door and not even knocking, she opens it cleverly after taking in the detail of the sign that clearly pointed to the fact that this was indeed the right office, she slowly made her way in, swaying her dangerous tail from side to side, as she looked around for someone to help her or to notice her.

@JennyDK

[ OOC: Hope you don't mind, that I started off strong! I wanted to introduce her and all that. You do not have to give a large reply like this, so do not worry! I know you don't like to do too much work, when it comes to replies. 👀 ]

• Like 2

OOC: It is not really about the work, but more that a wall of text usually just outright intimidates and most often makes me not even read it. Furthermore, I find it very bad to have too much going on in a single post, action wise. For instance, what if my character(s) act differently than my partner thought I would, meaning it would impact the next part(s). I hope it makes some sense. The best analogy I can think off right away is presenting a short story to someone as a whole and ask them to insert their character into it - meaning they are basically forced into a certain narrative and pattern of actions and reactions. Thankfully, that is definitely not the case here and I enjoyed reading it.

The door opens up and among the few staff members present, Bridget is the one who had an appointment with a student who had troubles regarding their homework. Being the monster society teacher, her field of expertise is of course just that, but she does have other minor areas she has experience with. For most monsters, getting to live here among humans and their society is a major hurdle to deal with. She intends her best to make students more aware of what their own society is like and that of various monster species so they are aware of the mechanics and outlines of such concepts.

She is sitting by her desk, slowly sipping from her coffee and enjoying a nice baked treat from a nearby bakery. She has yet to discover Myla'Tina as she is focused on grading some papers and looking over her lesson plan for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Tina crawls and crawls, looking around at the teachers present in the office, though not seeming too interested, as she has a goal in mind. She notices Miss LuBelle's desk from afar, seeing how she is busy, but not quite understanding the concept of being busy. With the paper and pen between her adorable lips, she crawls over quickly, like a dog who finally found her long lost toy, then scurries up onto the chair, that was in front of the desk. She didn't quite sit down, though. Instead, she stood up on it, crouching, in a feral position. It was a rather cute pose! She leans over and ends up spitting out the pen and paper on the table, then looks up at Miss LuBelle attentively, smiling and wagging her sharp tail around. Oh, Tina was also barefoot. She has to be, so that she can stick to surfaces better.

She looks over everything on the table. Her eyes lands on the baked treats, even licking her lips, but she seems to look back at Miss LuBelle instead, waiting to be noticed.

• Woohoo 1
  • Haha 1

Getting noticed was quite easy for the lizard monster with all of the sudden commotion and of course emerging like a beast rather than a person. Still, in all of her years, Bridget has seen a lot and so she is not entirely shocked by the movements, animalistic behaviour and such of Tina. She does have to check if this the one she is seeing today about some homework. The paper landing there seems to have some various things on it that looks like it. Bridget does her best to appear as approachable, nice and professional as possible."Miss Tina...I presume?", she asks with a curious look.

• Thanks 1

Tina's movements were anything but scary. There's just not a person in the world that would be able to call such a cute creature like her scary, especially after taking a good look at that cute expression on her face. After Miss LuBelle noticed her and she uttered her name out, she eagerly nodded, as her eyes shined. "Mhm, mhm!" Is all she would say in response, her tail moving behind her in an excited fashion. Upon closer look at the homework that Miss LuBelle was provided with, it's as it was explained before: scribbles and attempts at all the questions provided. She somehow managed to get some of them, but the ones that required full sentence responses were all over the place, on the paper. Where she was holding the paper earlier, it seems to be slightly wet, probably due to saliva, even though she was holding it behind her lips. Maybe she just couldn't resist tasting her homework?

Edited by Godot
  • Haha 1

Bridget give off a quick nod, a smile and a light hum to show that they seemed to understand each other and that the lizard woman acknowledges being who she was asked to be. The demon teachers takes her eyes through the answers on the homework and of course cannot help but notice that this is certainly fitting for one fitting the kind of monster before her and the level of awareness and intelligence she posseses. Needless to say, any potential future of high level would be pretty impossible for her to do. She tries her best to find a way and words that would be best in this type of situation and how to best help out Tina."So...you wanted to see me about trouble with homework. Which ones...are you having most trouble with? Can you point them out?", she asks.

• Woohoo 1

The lizard girl intently stares at Miss LuBelle whilst crouching like a feral animal, bobbing her entire body gently, side to side, staying up on the balls of her feet, without as much as a simple slip happening. She does understand what Miss LuBelle asked her, so she looks down at the three homework papers and leans into it, opening her mouth slightly, so that a long lizard tongue would instantly shoot out and create a very small saliva spot at the questions to which you need actual sentences to respond with. "Thwhathw!" She mumbles out with her tongue out. She would do this to the other two papers, then retracts her tongue and looks at Miss LuBelle, as if there was some kind of edible treat on her head.

• Like 1

The state the papers are in, is pretty much of little concern to Bridget as long as it's not hers, so she just lets Tina do what she wants with them really. She has not a whole lot of experience with lizard monsters, but at least it seems like they are able to communicate okay so far. She takes notes of the movements she makes with her body, wondering if that might be easier to understand if she continues to observe, so she makes sure to keep an eye on that. Even if she is to touche a saliva affected spot, she can form a greater heat in her hands, that will make the moisture go away, but not enough to cause fire damage to the paper. She saw Tina eye over one of her baked goods and feeling generous she puts a doughnut near the lizard girl."Oh, okay. I follow you so far miss Tina. Am I correct when I assume you have trouble with speech and understanding written language?", she asks, just to make it clear she understands the overall issue.

• Like 1

Tina's eyes switch to looking at the doughnut, that Miss LuBelle placed in front of her so kindly. She doesn't seem to focus on anything else at the moment. She opens her mouth and almost instantly her lizard tongue shoots out and sticks to it like glue, pulling it right back between her lips. The entire doughnut doesn't fit into her mouth, so she has to munch on it. Wanting to show that she respects some human rules at least, she raises one of her hands to grab onto the doughnut and pulling it back, chewing a couple times on the bite. Then, not wanting the doughnut to keep sticking to her hand, she just devours the whole thing, as it was much easier after mushing it together with her fingers, it seems. At Miss LuBelle's question, she nods again. "Mmmphmmm!" She mumbles out, bobbing her body for a moment side to side again, but then stopping. "Problem I have with that, yes, yes!" She does seem excited about it, though. She really does care.

• Like 1