Teachers office

Isabella groans a bit as she listens onto what Akira is telling her."Students are not supposed to be using their phones during class. So I suggest that you discourage such behaviour during the time where they are supposed to be concentrated. This is a place of learning, after all. If I caught such unruly behaviour I would certainly report that on to one of the higher ups", she replies back in a firm manner, finding this strange acting around a teacher to be most unfit. Of course, she notices the slip in the attire of the other one in her presence. She sets down her cup of tea as another firm stare is given."Miss Akira. I would highly recommend you find a dress code that does not leave such impressions or sights to be visible. If you need tips for what sort of attiire would be more suited, I can give you some", she says.

Well I typically confiscate phones if I catch them. And I force them to delete pictures of me. And I probably shpuld go shopping or something. Cause to be honest most of my clothes are of similar stylization. Although my personal funds are a bit tight at the moment. But I think I could find something. " she said as she thought about it.  Her ears twitched lightly for a brief moment as she pondered over it.  " I mean my kind were always said to be alluring in human literature but to be honest I never considered it would be like this. But at least its only a select handful of students. So I know which ones to keep an eye out on."

The teacher feels an inward sigh of relief wash over her as Akira makes things more clear to her and she nods agreeingly."Good to hear that you are dealing with it in a proper manner miss Akira. With that matter seemingly discussed....may I ask what you have prepared for your students? Anything new and educational?", she asks, curious as to what sort of activities and curriculum other teachers go by, both due to regular curiousity as well as inspiration and ideas for herself.

• 11 months later...

As her break started, Nashor ate her lunch while grading a few assignments. Being just out of student teaching, she was still pretty new to grading, meaning she still needed a bit of time to get into the consistent rhythm of the whole thing. Her fingers absently tapped her pen against the table as she checked through assignments.

The room was fully absent of other staff members, leaving the new teacher to be by herself here for now. Of course, that soon changes as the door to the office opens up and one of the older ones enter and it is another of the monster staff members, Bridget. Before she senses Nashor doing some work, she groans deeply and looks pretty mentally exhausted as she strolls further in. Only a few seconds later does she notice she is not here alone."Oh, hello there...miss Nashor...was it?", she asks politely, before grabbing a piece of baked goods from a brown bag and taking a huge bite.

The demon groans once more, but this time less heavily than the previous one. She chews a few times before giving her response."Some of these human students are pretty thick headed...and just don't get it. Used so much of today repeating myself. You know how that goes I am sure...can I offer you a nice sweetroll?", she responds before plopping down into one of the comfy chairs.

"Strategy? Well, the obvious ones, of course: yelling, banging the table, tossing small stuff at them, yelling. You know, the basics. Also...why would that offend me anyway?", she answers back and then choves down the last bite of her cinnamon roll, clearly doing it because she loves the baked goods to vent a bit through eating vigorously.

She nodded while listening to her explanation, taking mental notes. "Well, humans, as I've found out, can be pretty sensitive, especially when compared to my or your species. And I just wanted to make sure, but that also shows my point. I have met a few humans that might be agitated from such a question. Monsters often aren't."

OOC: Sorry about the delay. Had to close all of my tabs one of the days and thus I probably forgot about it for a bit.

"You are preaching to the choir, sister! I mean, teaching about our society IS part of this and thus my teaching methods should reflect those. I even tried to use my powers to help them stop focusing on stuff like those damn phones. We were better off in the other dimension without those...even the monster students have openly embraced them. What would you suggest in my place?", Bridget asks, feeling out of ideas currently. Meanwhile, another piece of baked goods is devoured roughly.

The demon lady gives back a raised eyebrow as that spawns another idea in her mind instead."So...basically more involvement? I suppose that could work. Seeing as this is about learning of different monster cultures, customs, the codex and such...maybe something like a video project where students are to find a topic to portray and then act out in some way?", she suggests in return, feeling pretty good about that sort of solution.

"I suppose those do fall under 'society' as such, they are not really what I think ought to make our bigger parts of the curriculum...better to go for culture, customs, history and such...without going too deep in any of those. Perhaps a few lessons could involve what you suggested as part of culture..", she says with a thoughtful expression on her face. She then sips from her dark black coffee, feeling more at ease after some baked goods in her tummy."On another topic though...have you tried out the arena yet miss Thuvostoght?", she curiously asks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I will have to look over the curriculum and see if there are areas where I could squeeze in a little extra or pick out stuff that is not too important...you have at least given me something to think about on it...", Bridget says with a slightly contemplative look on her face as she finishes another sip of her coffee part of some baked good."Oh you haven't? How do you maintain and practice your various powers then...and how do you punish the students that don't do their part properly or give you disrespect?".

"Well, sure I guess, but....I would say there is a big difference in passively using them and then....", she says and pauses to make a short incantation, that brings forth a small dragon creature out of the blue that sits on her left shoulder as she grins wide."....and then actively using it for your own mischiveous and monstrous purposes. Getting into the arena and beating the snot out of disrespectful and lazy students is certainly one way to keep powers from dulling", Bridget says with a fiery tone of voice.

a1457ac158eaf8fbeec26dc5c420581a.jpg

Edited by JennyDK

She's a little taken aback by the sudden show and tell, but it isn't the first time she's seen a dragon, although admittedly them being magically spawned in isn't that common. "Fair, I still have not particularly had anyone to practice against. No hard time with my students, not much interaction with other students. Coworkers are naturally fairly busy, if I am not busy myself."

Bridget is pretty surprised at such a thing, having a hard time believing the monster students under the other teacher would be easy to deal with."Monsters are usually pretty wild, unruly and chaotic...are you sure they are not just able to keep it from you? Also...must making teaching pretty dull - excitment and adrenaline is great, after all!", she says with a puzzled look as that is the only real posibility she can think of right now.

• 2 weeks later...

"I do not doubt the possibility of me just getting the best of them for me. My classes lean closer to the beginning of the day, so they could be just tired with me. I know kids can be hell, so I am a bit surprised I have gotten this far with little issue. But do keep in mind, it has not been perfect either. Cheating, sneaking in illegal food and drink, the like. It's just difficult to hide it from me."

She took a bite from her meal. "Also, I do not like excitement that much. I am not really out going in anyway, to be honest."

The teacher looks rather puzzled and confused, as she doesn't recognize such a pattern at all at any point in the day."I see. I suppose there are few quiet types among our ranks. Then....what do you do for fun anyway?", Bridget asks her, wondering if there anything fun going on in her life at all. Hopefully she might be up for a bet of some sort at least, but it is easier to arrange such a thing with a bit more personal information.

• 2 months later...