OOC talk for Monster Academy.

Hmm, @JennyDK I'm glad you mentioned Julia to Hiro as Yoko in your recent reply in the assembly hall, but it actually reminded me of something.
Julia's "curious about humans" trait didn't really fulfill itself when she and Hiro met, at least that's the way I noticed it. 🤔
Is there more to that, am I missing something, or perhaps she's not "curious" as much as I expected? 😛

• Like 1

Yeah, I hope so. There's tons of other events that can happen, such as the academy traveling to a private island for a few days for summer fun, or maybe some sort of mountains in Asia where there's hot springs and such. I could imagine lots of really nice encounters there, some may be lewd, some may be romantic, some may be just overall good fun. 🤩

That's a bummer. I'm not sure what that means, but is it possible to move threads to different sections? If so, then even if you do make extra locations, you can always just put them in some sort of archive section. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Besides, you can just make someone else manage all that, if you can't handle it! 

Hey, @JennyDK, could you maybe cut out the part with Mary hitting Julie with the tranquilizer dart from your post? Feels to me like a bit too quick deescalation of the situation, especially since now I'd have to have Victor react on the presumption that the shot connects, which cheapens the tension (not to mention you're taking away player agency by that).

1 minute ago, JennyDK said:

I understand what you are saying, but that is literally what she would do and the mermaid literally is attacking someone. I don't see how this would NOT be the result. Should an expert marksman miss?

What do you think the alternative would be?

Even if, you still ought to leave that up to the other player to decide. That's literally Roleplaying 101.

But, to address your point, keep in mind that she's shooting in the middle of a raging storm, with most likely rather light flechettes, into what's also most likely a cluster of at least two people fighting. You can write "expert marksman" on your sheet all you want, but that's still a near-impossible shot, no matter how much training you have.

If anything I'd imagine someone actually trained with a weapon would likely not take that shot at all and not risk friendly fire, but then I'm not exactly an expert on that, so take that as a presumption rather than a statement.

The alternative is literally what I said. Cut the segment off, and let the other players decide how the scene turns out.