OOC talk for Monster Academy.

7 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I am not sure if I acknowledged it....I think I mostly ignored it, honestly.

Hopefully this has been a learning experience of etiquette and such.

You wrote that your character had noticed the disappearing animals and wanted to find the source. I'm just use to writing and my partners asking me to fix it if they dont like it, when the event occurs. Like when @Icarian Dreamsstopped to discuss the tranks situation with you. 

I understand that I should have communicate more effectively, but when I said my character was dying in the Ooc, noone told me they were uncomfortable with that. I feel like I could have fixed my responses a long time ago if they had. I had asked @Thatannoyinggod if he wanted to save my character. I told him my character was dying before the storm even happened.

This turned out really confusing. I dont know what  Etiquette you are talking about because I don't think I learned the same rules as you. The main rules that I know about roleplaying are: don't God mode, Don't control other characters, and don't hit without letting the other characters respond. 

I wasn't in doubt when I was roleplaying so I didnt think to ask. That came after we started talking. My role play style is improv. I usually rp and stop if there is a problem. Then, I fix the problem and continue. It sounds like you guys like to plan things out which I'm not use to doing. When I asked @Thatannoyinggod to interact with my character, our planning didnt go any farther then me giving an explanation of what's going on with my character and me stating that she was d*ing from starvation. 

2 hours ago, SilverGirl20 said:

You wrote that your character had noticed the disappearing animals and wanted to find the source. I'm just use to writing and my partners asking me to fix it if they dont like it, when the event occurs. Like when @Icarian Dreamsstopped to discuss the tranks situation with you. 

I understand that I should have communicate more effectively, but when I said my character was dying in the Ooc, noone told me they were uncomfortable with that. I feel like I could have fixed my responses a long time ago if they had. I had asked @Thatannoyinggod if he wanted to save my character. I told him my character was dying before the storm even happened.

This turned out really confusing. I dont know what  Etiquette you are talking about because I don't think I learned the same rules as you. The main rules that I know about roleplaying are: don't God mode, Don't control other characters, and don't hit without letting the other characters respond. 

A clarification from my side: I never saw your mention in OOC of your character dying - if there was one, I presume it was made before I engaged Victor into the scene, and so I just dismissed it as not addressed to me. Since there's plenty of things going on simultaneously, I don't keep tabs on what each and every character in the roleplay is doing or how they are feeling at any given moment, so I came into the scene with only the knowledge of what was written in the set-up. Had I known that your intention was to literally have your character die, I would have definitely voiced my objection.

If it was mentioned when I was already in the scene, then I simply must have not taken notice of it, and if that's the case, you have my apologies. For the future, I'd ask that people tag me when there's a decision to make relating a scene which involves my characters, so that we can avoid situations like these.

From my perspective, this is mostly just a matter of miscommunication. A character dying in a scene is bound to have massive repercussions on both remaining characters in said scene (and not everyone involved consented to it), as well, in this case in particular, on the setting in whole - if you consider the context, a student died on school grounds, in the middle of an official event. Since said school is also the club's setting, I'm sure you can see how deeply can it impact the mood and functionality of the roleplay as a whole. It's a major shift in tone for nearly everyone, involved or not, and changes this large should only be allowed to the club owner - if at all.

If it's still hard to grasp, consider what it would do to my character, on a more personal level - Victor already has some emotional baggage regarding his lyncathropy, or rather, his struggle to control it. If a student died literally under his hands, with the implication that he hurt her in his werewolf form, I can definitely see him collapsing mentally from the guilt - falling back into addiction, resigning from his job as a teacher. This would most likely mean an end to the character as a whole. This is, once again, a major turn for the character, and definitely not the one I ever intended or wanted him to take.

To put simply, at the risk of repeating myself, your character's death is forcing a massive change in both the setting and characters involved, without the consent of neither the administration of the club, nor your roleplaying partners. That's why it's not in line with the etiquette.

• Thanks 2

@Icarian Dreams Yes it was said way after the rp started. I mentioned it because I saw everyone chatting but I did not think to tag anyone. I also wrote that she was dying many times in my reply posts for the rp. While we where roleplaying I tried to explain why my character was freaking out, how she got that way, what she needed to feel better, and that her storm ment she felt like she was close death. 

But your character can rest assured that she is not dead because I edited my post. 

Just letting you guys know that the current events are now ending and any last scenes partaking with them will be the last part of them being done.

After this, we will back to regular days withing the academy and in town.

I would love to hear any comments on how you feel the events has been run and how fun it was! 😄

• Love 2

3 hours ago, JennyDK said:

Just letting you guys know that the current events are now ending and any last scenes partaking with them will be the last part of them being done.

After this, we will back to regular days withing the academy and in town.

I would love to hear any comments on how you feel the events has been run and how fun it was! 😄

I thought the events were definitely interesting and gave a chance to get some characters together that might normally not interact. I think next time, maybe we should establish a set date start and end date? So that everyone has an idea for any planned stories to happen after or before the event(s)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Multiversal said:

How long has it been since I last step foot in this place? 0-0

So much must’ve happened too, honestly surprised it still seems to be going on after so long.

Well, well, well... If it isn't the person that had way too many awesome characters in here, but suddenly left and I didn't get to interact with them. 🤔

Good to see you alive. Welcome back!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Solomon said:

@Multiversal it's been so long!

I've missed you so much!

Aye! If it isn’t one of the great roleplay buds of mine in the past!... when did you get so old 0-0

Jokes aside, it’s lovely to see you again! I remember enjoying my time spent with you when it came to roleplay!

17 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Holy shit. I remember you! 😄

How are you doing?

And welcome back! ❤️

I also remember you Jenknee, JenJen... Jenerator....  I’ve been doing just fine recently! Hopefully I can be on here as often as I did in the past.

15 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

😮 Multi! Dammm, it's been so long! Are you back to stay?

Hey it’s the Icarian of the Dreamarians! Hoping to be back for as long as I can stay without dum dum life moments ya know?

15 minutes ago, Godot said:

Well, well, well... If it isn't the person that had way too many awesome characters in here, but suddenly left and I didn't get to interact with them. 🤔

Good to see you alive. Welcome back!

🐳 (x3), if it isn’t the person who I sadly didn’t get to do much with. I remember us fondly talking to each other one time if I remember right... but yes, nice to be alive!

P.S: Please guys, I’m trying to reply but all of you keep sending me messages so I had to cram it alllllll in to not leave anyone out!

Edited by Multiversal
Solomon additive descriptions
  • Love 2