OOC talk for Monster Academy.

So we finally have the first ever duel happening in our arena area. It feels good to try out my drafts for ideas and overall rules. Hopefully we can work towards making duels somewhat consistent, fair, fun and - most importantly - simple to do.

If you wish to take a look, I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions:

So basically, a duel should be judged by a third party and the scoring system I wish to go for (initially):
Three categories, all of them given a score between 1 and 5. Then all three result are added together and give a score between 3 and 15. Naturally, the one with biggest score wins.

Categories:

• Power
  • Style
  • Strategy (use of powers for instance)

Powers:

• Continuous powers keep going for each round from where it is activated and until it is stopped for whatever reason
  • Other powers happen in their respective post only and only use of 1 power per post (including continuous ones)

Length:

• Duels should happen over X amount of posts (in our test one we settled on 5 for both characters).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

Hello and welcome to the club @Daddy Pheonix 😄

Let me know if you have any questions or wish to do a starting scene with any of my characters, to help you get started here.

Thanks, I’d love to run a scene sometime tomorrow when I hop back on. I’ll look over your characters and see which one I might want or run a scene with. Of course I’m always open to feedback from you on which character you think would be the most interesting to rp with a Slime Monster.

1 minute ago, Daddy Pheonix said:

I think for him he's probably minding his own business at the library or something and they come to lighten up his day with a bit of lewd fun. I mean considering he's new and all.

It seems very random to engage in lewd action with a total stranger and out of nowhere.

19 minutes ago, Daddy Pheonix said:

Yeah, that’s fair. I’d still like it to take place in a library though. As far as ideas either they already know each other or they are interacting for the first time ever.

The library is a nice place, but not a place you can talk a whole lot (not at normal volume at least). Hmmmm, perhaps your character might be getting study aim from the countess?