OOC talk for Monster Academy.

While the hashing out for how exactly classes will be worked out, how about this week (starting either today or tomorrow) we do a kind of orientation like Solomon had suggested a while back? Let someone be the homeroom teacher for each grade and maybe do class introductions along with opening up the public areas of the school. Give time to try to meet some of the characters that didnt get much interaction in the opening ceremonies along with get an idea of how classroom settings will feel. Starting maybe next Monday, classes officially start. 

• Like 2

Woot! Well then @Dozle The Crusader @Icarian Dreams @JennyDK @Multiversal @Solomon @Tsuki @Toshiflow who wants to be a homeroom teacher and what grade do you want? Until we have the homeroom teachers decided, how about we go ahead and let peeps use the public areas and get some activity back in the story(ies).

@JennyDK Give some time for people to see all this and stake their claims on which they want to be, maybe pick up the one that nobody seems to want to do after a couple days so that nobody gets to miss out on the orientations. Ill even have edgar step in and do a homeroom meeting if there's 2 unclaimed grades (though i can't do first year because my other character is in that grade.)

If you are up to it, you could do what I plan on doing with both of my guys. I was going to put them in separate public areas. Give people the chance to meet either one without a chance of trying to run 2 characters in one location.

• Like 1

I completely agree @JennyDK. @Solomondo you want to go ahead and grab a homeroom position so you can have time to interact with some more students? I remember you once saying that fridays and Saturdays are pretty busy for you, and the current idea i think is start actual classes next week.

I see. Well, perhaps some kind of juvenile or maybe a transfer student idea might be a good reason to have my character join so suddenly. . . of course I can just always magic up that I was there but I didn't have any significant presence at the time x) 

edit1: hrmmm, or perhaps they just have a really bad sense of direction and got lost

Edited by OlrukTheSmall
  • Woohoo 1

1 minute ago, OlrukTheSmall said:

I see. Well, perhaps some kind of juvenile or maybe a transfer student idea might be a good reason to have my character join so suddenly. . . of course I can just always magic up that I was there but I didn't have any significant presence at the time x)

It's not like new ones are not free to join in when they want. It's not very strict 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JennyDK said:

A few days of orientation ought to be fine, I think. It's not like we need to have an actual curriculum planned and ready xD

Actual curriculum or riot!

In seriousness though, I'd be down for being a homeroom for the third grade, but I'll be slightly less active for the next couple of days since I'm on vacation. So consider me like a second-choice in case someone else wants to take the place. :^

Also, welcome @OlrukTheSmall! Hope you have a good time with us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are still in the process of finding ways to avoid that or at least make it as little a nuisance as possible

Well, it's probably not the best idea (I'm already seeing a few flaws as I think about it and I haven't gotten the chance to read the backlog of ooc I've missed. Not to mention, I'm also in the midst of figuring out what kind of character I want to make) but under the risk of slowing down the rp you could always limit the amount of posts a person can make a day or to have them wait a few minutes to allow others the chance to read and respond. Also, as a curious question, I see that people mainly divide between male and female. Are you allowing futanari/shemale/whatever title you want to give the gender that is basically a mash up between the two genders?

Also, thanks for the welcome. I hope I can live up to the standards of such a warm welcome. 👓