Court yard

Um, I don't have a hall pass. It's between my classes so I shouldn't need one. " She said. Of course this was a falacy as well. Part of her was hoping that the teacher would look away for a moment to alloe her to use her magic and disguise herself as her surroundings so she could escape this teacher by basically pulling a disappearing act. But according to what she could see, that was by far not affecting the teacher before her. 

He scratches the right side of his head with his right hand as he retracts the appendage at the mention that she does not have a hall pass along with it being her break in between classes, which he asks, "Well if it is in-between your class, should you be heading to your class and not off campus?" Being human, magic and supernatural abilities do affect his senses, however with his acute awareness of this being a monster academy causes him to be cautious when dealing with students and his well-trained observation skills from work in the kitchen makes it harder to affect his sight. He briefly sighs as he closes his eyes for a second as he exhales, "Well why don't we go talk to the headmistress and get it confirmed that you can leave or we can page her here if you would like via security?" 

• 9 months later...

A new day, and a new place. Alex's stomach churns with a mixture of excitement, and if he is being honest fear. This ... place is a long way from the vineyards where he grew up. He is also surprised by how quiet it is. Though, at this hour perhaps he shouldn't be. His hooves lightly clack on the pavers, as he turns through an archway into the open expanse of the court yard. He takes a deep breath, the fresh air helping to still his nerves. Hooking his thumbs in his belt, he starts to sing to himself in his native ancient Grecian dialect.

The silence of the courtyard of Ironclaw academy is soon to be disturbed as a young human female wanders out there, through the large and open double doors that stretched many meters upwards. She is clad in a rather skimpy fashion, that seems just as close to a bikini as a set of normal clothing. She seems to be looking over a scrolled parchment of some sort, lightly murmuring to herself. In the hand not holding said paper, her palm is face up and as she speaks, a bright and lively flame appear there. Magical abilities are one of the very few things that has not been native to the monster realm and also has its practioners here before the portal appeared.

Alex stops dead in his tracks, as he sees the woman with fire dancing from her hand. She's clearly not a nymph or dryad, their nature opposes summoning fire, and he can't detect the distinctive shimmer of an djinn. This must be a human, one of the first he's ever met. He thinks to himself: Keep it cool.

He does not. It takes all his strength to keep down the butterflies in his stomach. His cheeks are flush, tinted rose with excitement and bashfulness. He realizes he is staring, which is not a good look on anybody. He takes a deep breath, inhales. He approaches the young woman "Sorry to intrude."

OOC: Just one thing - try not to assume too much about any of the lore. There is nothing in my creation that says "this and this is like that" and such things, A dryad here can just as easily be a fire mage as any other person.

The young woman seems very preoccupied, so it takes a few seconds for her to register she is not only not alone, but also had someone speak out to her. She raises her head and looks towards the one calling out to her."Hmmmmm? Can I help you? I am a bit busy here...", she tells him.

Alex takes a deep breath, and tries to collect his thoughts. "Um .. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you, " Alex bumbles through his words "It's just well. I'm new here and haven't met a lot of other people yet." His head is turned slightly away, to keep from staring. He gets the sinking impression that he is missing something.

"Oh, right ... I'm Alex. Nice to meet you. Are you one of the other students?"

• 2 months later...

I walk to the gate of the courtyard with my books and suitcase. I look at the large school beyond the courtyard, slightly daunted by the sheer size of the building. I walk into the courtyard knowing no one and timidly looking for people to ask about how I get to the dorm office to be assigned a place to stay.

Edited by Jshady