City of Sunveil

Rufus is easily able to tell that the topic of teasing is invoking some reaction from Amelia, though he is not quite sure what kind it is just yet. While he is indeed curious about knowing more, he is not the type to keep pushing someone if they seem a bit uncomfortable. So instead, he aims to change the topic and let the monster woman mention the other topic again, should she want to speak about it further."Oh, no problem. It doesn't hurt to both be a bit generous and create a little advertisement while you are at it. So you came here along I can guess. Did you make any friends yet miss Lehmann?", he goes on, trying to keep the conversation moving.

"oh, my friends!" she said with a bit of a blink. "Ummm, well I like to think I'm making a lot of friends. There's the Human Hiro, ummm, there's a ghost. Her name is Misty. Ummm, Oh, there is also Yoko. She's a zombie and ummm," Amelia goes on detailing the people that she feels she is getting along with. "But, well, I kind of been a bit estranged from them since studies have been kind of taking up all my free time." She said rubbing the back of her head. 

Rufus rubs his chin lightly as he listens on to what Amelia is saying as he only sips from his beer now and then. He is not really one for heavy drinking, but prefers it more light and only ones that has really great taste."Sounds like you have a group of people you can relate to and have fun with. It is worth to try and keep those. Did you consider asking one of them to join you here?", he asks, hoping he was not being too personal.

"Oh, ummmm, well," she said as she gently scratched her cheek with a finger. "I-I was thinking about it but I kind of wanted to also go out by myself. I've always kind of been a bit of a social butterfly. Whether it was my own intent or because nice people like yourself keep an eye on me because I'm somewhat of a klutz. So, I kind of wanted to be by myself for once." She didn't add in the fact that she was hoping to meet Kasey as well and they could maybe do a special appointment. 

He nods once more, thinking he gets what she is meaning by that."Ohhh, that makes good sense. Well, other than some light tripping, I think you are doing just fine. I mean, you are out here on your own and having a pleasant and natural conversation after all, right? You are always welcome to my tavern any day, of course. Are there any types of meals you really like?", he continues on, wanting to learn a bit more about her.

"Ummm, any meals. . . I don't really have a favorite. I tend to eat just about everything." She said. "A-Although that doesn't really mean I'm a glutton. I-I can only eat so much before I feel full." She explained quickly with a stuttery voice. "B-But, I'm very happy that you'll let me in whenever I want." She hummed happily. Her smile a warm ray of sunlight. "Mmm," She began to look around the place as it was still being set up with stuff before the big parade and everything else that would be happening soon. 

Of course, since it's an open country, she could walk into his tavern if she wanted, even without "permission", but it did seem more personal to him to outright state it."Is something making you nervous miss? I hope I am not being intimidating or anything of the sort", he asks as he notices her stuttering and reactions all of a sudden. He contemplates putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder, but decide against it as it might be a bit too personal yet.

"O-oh, well. . . um," She flushed at why she started to stutter now of all times when she had been enjoying a conversation with the orc for so long. "I guess it's more like well, a bit of an impediment. I tend to get rather flustered easily a-and well, I'm not exactly the strongest at explaining things about myself since I rarely get chances like this to just have a conversation without tripping over onto people." She said flushing embarrassingly. 

Towering over the smaller female, Rufus eventually does give in to his urge and gently pet her head a couple of times."Ohhh, you don't need to be nervous. I think you are doing just fine. It just takes practice, really. Don't worry about not getting it right, right away", he says in a calm and almost fatherly tone of voice before sipping some more of his bottle. Around them, various stands and such are put up and some even have food being prepared to be sold.

Amelia flushed as she was given headpats by the larger orc. She flushed and giggled a bit as she was headpat enjoying the warmth of his strong hand. "Mmm, thanks. I guess I'm just use to trying to keep things neat and tidy that I don't really know what to do sometimes." She hummed looking at all the various stands that were being brought up. "Do you have a food stand for the celebration?" She asked curiously as the alluring waft of fresh, buttered bread could be found in the air. Her belly rumbling slightly at the delectable aroma. 

Kasey finally arrived to the celebrations, wearing a pair of skin tight pink latex pants, white sandals, and a pale pink sleeveless crop top. He had his curly, golden hair down and a bright smile on his face. He licked his soft, feminine lips as he looked around the crowds of people, feeling utter excitement at the many chances for him to have fun and get into trouble. "Hehe~ let's see who I can find."

2 hours ago, OlrukTheSmall said:

Amelia flushed as she was given headpats by the larger orc. She flushed and giggled a bit as she was headpat enjoying the warmth of his strong hand. "Mmm, thanks. I guess I'm just use to trying to keep things neat and tidy that I don't really know what to do sometimes." She hummed looking at all the various stands that were being brought up. "Do you have a food stand for the celebration?" She asked curiously as the alluring waft of fresh, buttered bread could be found in the air. Her belly rumbling slightly at the delectable aroma. 

"We can't be neat and tidy all the time, so don't worry about it. If someone was perfect all the time, they would be rather dull and uninteresting, don't you think?", he asks, continuing to try and ease Amelia's mind as much as he can. He looks around in the meantime, trying to see what sort of interesting stuff there might be to check out here besides the parade itself and the stands of various kind."Ohhh, no. I am just here as a mere observer and normal person, really. The tavern is closed until tomorrow, so I can just focus on having a nice time!".

"Oh! I see!" Amelia nodded as she was told of what Rufus would be planning. "Mmm, well, I'll make sure to come visit during hours to have a meal there. Maybe I'll even try to gather the people in my class to have a meal there in celebration of something." She happily smiled. As she looked around, her forehead furrowed and her eyes squinted as she caught sight of a familiar face. "Oh! Kasey!" She said waving over at the shapeshifter hoping that she could catch his attention. It has been a while since she had saw him and she felt a bit guilty about having not set up any appointments with him but seeing him she wanted to thank him for helping her out with the party preparations that they had done on her first day at Ironclaw. @Thatannoyinggod @JennyDK

• Like 2

Kasey heard someone call out to him and he spun around to see who it was. When he saw it was Amelia @OlrukTheSmall standing with a familiar figure, he smiled brightly and waved at the duo, walking over towards them. "Amelia! Hello, how are you? It's been a little bit since I have seen you. And greetings to you Rufus @JennyDK. How's the tavern been? I keep meaning to come by around, but I've been pretty busy lately." The high tenor of his voice was light as he greeted the two of them. There was a slight squeaking noise that was hard to hear because he hadn't quite broken in the shiny pink latex pants yet.

The large orc looks in the direction of the feminine looking male who is greeting Amelia and himself. He wonder if he has gained some sort of reputation or something since he knows who he is, but he has never met Kasey before."Greetings. It's going just fine, thanks for asking....but I don't think we have ever met before", he says, rubbing his chin as he tries to remember if they have ever interacted before.

Amelia smiled and waited for Kasey to come forward since she didn't want to wear out her voice. "Hehe, I'm doing fine. Thanks. I just wanted to say thank you for helping me out with everything from before. My classmates really enjoyed the party so I've been wanting to say thanks again. And umm, I am sorry for not having made an appointment at your salon." She said. "I should've been on top of that but school studies have made me so busy." She sighed a bit disappointed in herself. "But, perhaps later today we can do an appointment or something." She hummed 

Kasey gave a small frown to the orc, but gave an "ah!" face when he realized that he never closely met the tavern keeper. "Heh, sorry. I've seen you around the mall, and I've been in the tavern a couple times, but I was served by someone else. I'm Kasey, the owner of Ändern Locks, the hair salon in the mall. My shop is on the other side of the mall from your place." He smiled at the large male and extended a hand in greetings. 

When he was finished introducing himself to the orc, he turned to the girl. He clapped his hands together as his smile was bright and shiny. "That's great! You're very welcome. I'm so glad that it went well!" At the girl's apology, he waved at her, telling her it was no worry. "You're fine, you're fine. School should come first for you. When you have the time, feel free to call me up."

Rufus politely reaches out with his immense hand to shake the hand of Kasey."Nice to meet yoy Kasey. I will have to give your place a look and visit sometime. I think us mall folks should know each other better and create a nice community! So...how do you know Amelia here?", he asks in return, hoping he is not being in the way of the two.

• Love 1

Among the crowd of people gathering in town, is a specific person, named Jessica Parker. While the others are here for the festivities and have a great time, she is here more to be a nuisance and, even better, terror to those that dare insult monster society by trying to coexist with that of monsters. She either wanders around to check things out in the open or reside in shadows, watching without being able to be spotted except with supernatural abilities.

• Like 1

Amelia stepped in to explain the relationship between herself and Kasey. "Well, you see at the beginning of the year. I wanted to host a party for my classmates and I was going out I met with Kasey who helped me shop for stuff that my classmates would enjoy." She said delicately ignoring the part about her getting multiple accidental feel ups of Kasey due to her own clumsiness. She gulped as her flush grew a bit as she remembered some of the heart-pumping times that she had. 

• Like 1

Kasey smiled as the orc said he would come take a look at the salon some time. "Oh I completely agree! And thank you very much. As for Amelia..." He was about to explain when the girl talked for him, explaining the situation quite well. He gave a nod to Amelia and looked to Rufus. "Exactly. I'm an alumni of Ironclaw so I thought I could help her out because she was a little lost about what all would work out best. So have either of you seen any entertainment or food stalls in all this crowd? I hadn't heard exactly what all was planned for this shindig."

• Community Administrator

As Ivy arrived at the scene of the parade, she excitedly glanced around at the humans and monsters that packed the place. The only thing that hampered her excitement was a nervous niggling that, that horrible woman was here and the thought of running into her again, scared Ivy. But she was determined not to allow her fear to rule her. She had come to this parade to have fun, and with any luck, make new friends. There was nothing she liked more than to make new friends, to hang out and have fun with them. She made her way through the crowd, craning her neck to try and see everything around her, but often taller people stood around her, blocking much of her view.

~x~x~x~x~x~x~

Kieron looked around, feeling the all too familiar sense of disdain as his eyes roamed over the pathetic humans who were celebrating the ten year anniversary of their worlds meeting. Despite having spent some time here, among the humans, he couldn’t understand why the monster world would want to associate with the humans. It was clear who were the superior ones. Humans were weak, and pathetic. He loathed them to his core. And as far as he was concerned, any monster who wanted to associate with them on a friendly level was just as weak and pathetic. He pushed his way through the group, not caring that he was shoving people out of the way. He ignored the cries of ‘Hey!’ or ‘What was that for?’ as he moved deeper. He was hungry, and was trying to find a food start to get food from, and he had absolutely no intention on paying for it.

Edited by Neptune
Added content.
  • Like 1
  • Woohoo 1

"Oh, I see. Sounds like a nice time, Amelia. Did you randomly meet then?", Rufus asks her, wondering how something like that came about. While he is indeed outgoing, he would probably not seek out a hairdresser as his first pick of choice for parties. Then he empties the last of his beer finally, having enjoyed it all the way through. There are more, but they are not there for the sake of the effect and he wants them to last.

Rufus grins wide and points out the many stalls and booths that have been set up here along the main road. The smell of freshly made food or candied goods are nice and rich in the air without being overpowering. There is just about any type you may want to indulge yourself in."I would have been busy working if I put up one as well. I let my workers have the night off as well. So they can witness the lovely time here if they wish".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ivy would probably not be having a very good time if she knew that Jessica was also part of the crowd. Granted, the young baker is not really in her sight or aware of her presence, so maybe she can enjoy the festivities after all? Time will tell.

For now, Jessica is observing how things are going on around her, low key trying to pick out any fun potential targets of her...shenanigans. What she doesn't know yet, that another one like herself is walking around here as well.

What might alert him towards her, is how he can suddenly see someone with a wicked grin slip out from a shadow.

• Like 1

• Community Administrator

His sharp nose was leading Kieron towards the food stalls, that were teasing him with their delightful scent. However he was forced to pause when he saw a figure in the crowd, with a grin so sinister he could practically feel the maliciousness pouring off of them. He watched them for several long moments, his curiosity around. Then, on silent footsteps, he moved to follow the figure, hoping to see something interesting as his hunger was soon forgotten.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 00:57, Neptune said:

His sharp nose was leading Kieron towards the food stalls, that were teasing him with their delightful scent. However he was forced to pause when he saw a figure in the crowd, with a grin so sinister he could practically feel the maliciousness pouring off of them. He watched them for several long moments, his curiosity around. Then, on silent footsteps, he moved to follow the figure, hoping to see something interesting as his hunger was soon forgotten.

Once out of the shadows, her rather grotesque form is now exposed. She looks around a few times before spotting a single target who is very much isolated. She takes that as her cue to slowly slither up silently close to him. She makes sure she is not seen and is currently hiding behind a large tent that is set up near the young man. She seems to smirk wide, from ear to ear and as the wolf watch, it is like the man is growing very uncomfortable, frightened and even though he seems to shout, there are no words coming from his mouth.

The man looks around in fear, caught in an illusion created by Jessica. The illusion being pretty much him caught in an endless hallway, chased by her true form.

• Love 1