City of Sunveil

• Community Administrator

Keiron glanced around the dimly lit tunnels that ran underneath the apartment buildings. It was dim and quiet, just the way he liked things. He then turned and stared at Jessica as she transformed in front of him into her true form. A form that was a lot more appealing on the eyes, in his opinion but then again, humans were not the most attractive to him. He gave her a wolfish smile and said, "And more comfortable I imagine." He looked down at his human-like hands and decided that he would much rather be more comfortable than to keep looking like one of those humans. He shifted, turning into his death dog form and feeling a lot better by the moment. By the time he was finished, he was sat on his hind legs, staring at her with his numerous red glowing eyes, "Hm. Yes, much more comfortable." He commented, his voice taking on a deeper, and seemed to echo. His upper lip then curled up, revealing rows of sharp teeth, "I like this place. It's quite suitable to our needs."

• Like 1

OOC @Neptune : What do you say we make a topic for our "lair" in the "Sunveil homes" place?

Once she is done transforming, she notices him do the same and comment on the difference in comfort. She cannot help but let out a cackle, only befitting of one others would likely think to be utterly maddened and insane."Yesss! Ohh yessss! Hahahahhahahaa! Muuuch more comfyyy! I like thiiis! Now, come on Keiron...I saw the perfect place for us! I am sure we can make something of it...", she says and take around even further until they reach a nicely open and sized room, that no one else dare rummage around in."Here it is...tell me what you think!".

f56ce4809e54cbe1ead7f2481156cb29.jpg

• Like 1

• Community Administrator

(OOC: Absolutely. That way anyone who wants to have a character join this, ah, merry band, can have somewhere that they can hang out :3)

In response to her laughter, his upper lip curled up and he let out a soft growling sound that appeared to be an approximation of a laugh. His tail flickered from one side to the other before he stood on all four legs and followed her deeper into the small maze until she revealed the place that she had in mind for their use. He looked around, noting the decay and run down condition. On silent paws, he moved around the room and looking closely at everything before he looked over at her with another of his sinister grins, "It's perfect for what we want. Yes... perfect." 

• Like 1

Jessica takes a small round in the room, checking everything out, hoping there isn't anything that easily might give them away, but she soon feels fully confident in its usefulness."Excellent! Now that we have a place to meet up, we can whatever we want or hang out whereever we wish between meetings and operations. I do think we need a city map, a large desk for planning and such. You know, to help us be a bit more efficient and organized. At least as much as we need". Meanwhile, she conjures an illusion for Keiron, so he is able to see how the room could be transformed into a minor station of operations and shenanigans.

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sarah Lyon, one of the delinquents of Sunveil is standing behind a rather large and tall lamp post as she is keeping her eyes onto what seems like a human male in his 30's just doing his job in a nearby store as he unloads wares from a truck and through the back door of said shop. He has no idea that young woman is keeping her eyes on him, studying all of his slightest moves.

The female human(?) is clearly smirking wide as she goes on watching, shamelessly allowing anyone to give her the looks they wish like she has no care in the world. One might think this is some sort of crazed crush, but in reality it is much more mundane, at least to her. The reasons for her observing him is left to speculation for anyone really, but it certainly comes off as creepy.

She has no idea that at least one person is seeing her act like this @Seraphina

Meanwhile, Tamamo had left the academy when awake again, this time being curious about the outside after she had explored the inside whole. Being allowed to take a look, she took the opportunity to wander around and carefully check what kind of place the city area was. This was much different than her forest for sure. This could as well be the kind of place where her human friend lived and returned to. In short, it felt pretty exciting to take a look around but remained cautious about her surrounding.

Something specific caught her eye as she noticed this human girl who was different from other ones. Following the angle of her eye sight, she could only guess what she was looking at and why but it's not like she would understand anyway. The girl was just there watching and not really in a sane manner that another human normally would. Maybe she had a reason and it wasn't really Tamamo's business but maybe there wasn't any harm to ask either. Slowly but surely, she began approaching the girl.

Once close enough, she quietly watched her for a few seconds. From closer, she could at least see what exactly she was watching so much. Why was a human so curious about another human? "What are you doing...? Is there anything wrong with that human?", she asked, maybe sounding a little nosy but with her curious nature, it felt normal to her to ask. The nine tailed fox herself probably was a weird specimen in the middle of this place but probably not weirder than other monsters wandering.

Sarah shows no signs of being surprised or shocked from being approached and adressed this suddenly and out of nowhere and by a stranger at that. Her grin keeps going from ear to ear and she looks rather....strange, almost like there is something supernatural about her."Oh hello there. Oh wow, a monster girl! I love your tails! Ohhh...that guy? No clue...I just felt there might have been something...I simply cannot put my finger on. You never get such a feeling about anyone else? Oooooh, can I touch your tails? Just a little bit?", she says, her focus fully on Tamamo now.

Tamamo blinked by the reason, quite odd as it was. She had met three humans so far personally and this third one was the strangest. Maybe she wasn't a normal human or maybe she was. It was hard to know in this place considering anything was actually possible. Odd behaviors were not a thing to be surprised about, especially in this part of the world. The interest to her tails was nice but Tamamo showed a little bit of hesitation. "I think so... Just don't do anything bad to them. Um... I don't know if I get any feeling about others. I wondered why you stared at him. Humans can be strange, though.", she said while keeping an eye on Sarah.

"Ohhhh, quite true. Very, very strange indeed...like this fella! Man....there is just an aura of weirdness about him! I can feel it! Anyway...no, no of course not! I would not hurt an interesting one like yourself", she says as she walks around the nine tailed monster girl, studying her closely, especially her tails. One of her hands reach out and gently touches one of them, being quite careful like she promised."Ohhhh..so fluffy and soft! Wait...you can do all sorts of stuff too....right? Could I see?", she asks, her grin even wider now.

Tamamo didn't know how to react to her, she seemed really weird like mentally different from the usual crowd. "Are you sure...?", she asked, referring about the comment about his weirdness. But while she was checking toward him, Sarah continued and turned around her. At first, the feeling of one of her tails being grabbed surprised her but only because of how distracted she was. Oddly enough but surely, Sarah was actually being careful so that was nice. Tamamo wasn't even moving for now, merely waiting and watching her by turning her head. Then when asked what she could do, she thought about it but wasn't sure if magic was forbidden or not. As long as she didn't hurt anyone, perhaps not? "I think so. I can show you a little.", she said and used her hand to form a spirit flame, just for show. It glowed some with its own light and she made sure to not leave it too long before she extinguish it.

Sarah doesn't answer the first question as she is now fascinated by something far more interesting and fun. She keeps her hands on the tail, lightly touching it with great curiousity and intrigue. Her eyes light up even more when her wish to spectate some of the powers of the fox girl. Even more so when it is then revealed to her, although she had hoped the flame was bigger and all. Still, much more interesting than nothing at all."Oh wow! Cool! Very cool. Can you do other stuff or just that one trick?", she goes on, clearly wanting more.

Tamamo stood still, just enjoying the random tail rub for now which she left still as well for the girl. She could probably do more but in the middle of the city felt very risked. The idea of maintaining some form of peace with humans, which she had some conflict against normally, would be to not look threatening to them. Although... This monster town seemed more open on human monster relationship, hence how she met with a friendly one or two already. She couldn't really risk doing anything dangerous, though. "Well... I can cast magic of the moon, too. And shake the earth. I will be much stronger one day and I will rule above all the foxes and monsters. I am stronger than I look but not strong enough to be a deity.", she explained, better through speaking rather than showing just in case she would upset someone. Or worse, hurt someone by accident. Tamamo had to remain cautious.

"Hmmmmmmmm? Is that soooo? Interesting...a monster with mega-lo-mania. Veerrryyy interestttinnng! Are you sure you are not just making it up? Come on...you can show little me. Oooooh, by the way...you can call me Sarah...Sarah Lyon...", she says and snickers in delight and even greater curiousity, before touching one of the other tails to see if it feels and acts the same."Why do you have this many tails anyway?", she goes on, forgetting fully about the "suspicious" human she was watching. Her grin is getting even bigger still as things progress.

Tamamo looked at the girl trying to taunt her to use her power but the idea still didn't feel really best unless she did something non-offensive. As of now, the fox only knew of some basic power of each kinds she could use. Shaking anything would be a bad idea and using her fire even less so. "Sarah...? I am Tamamo No Mae and I know how to do this, too." This time, she did a trick with her moon power, unfortunately not as strong during the day but giving Sarah some form of healing relief. Although, she is not hurt so she would only feel good feels unless she is weak to recovery magic, which would be terrible. "Um... I have nine tails because I'm special. I will be the next Kyuubi but I don't know yet what it means. I know I can become very powerful, though. The foxes said so. Until then, I will be training at the academy.", she explained, wondering what Sarah would think of it, if anything.

She finally lets go of the tail she has been examining, now pretty sure they are pretty much the same, at least from what she could tell. She gets a funny and delightful tingling sensation all over and she did get a minor cut on one of her hands yesterday, which seems to go away. The idea of being able to do stuff with a knife and have it get healed right away puts less than pure and legal thoughts in her mind, but she chooses to not express those of course. She raises her eyebrows at some of those things being said, particularly apparently talking to animals."I see. Interesttttiiiinggggg,..intrigguuuiiiing...say, can I visit you there? I mean, it sounds like a fun place...", she says with a bit of a snicker to her words, but seeming genuine.

Tamamo didn't really pay attention to the cut Sarah had, unsuspecting of her healing actually doing anything. It wasn't a very powerful healing magic at first but it did well for small damage. As of her tail, it was noticeably easy to see that she was able to move them together in sync but they sometimes moved in apparently random motions sometimes, either on their own or something. Only when she heard about visiting, Tamamo turned to her fully with an unsure expression. "I"m not supposed to return yet... They told me I will not be back for a while so I can learn to be stronger but maybe when I can go back home." She tilted her head slightly. "It's only a forest, though... There is nothing like a city, there. Only my home and a shrine... There's a spring too that feels good to swim into. The water is clean all the time and it's always fresh." She smiled softly, seeming happy with the way she used to live.

Sarah began to giggle a bit more openly and loudly."Oh no no no, silly you...I meant over at the academy. It seems like a....fun place. Very fun indeed. Surely you are allowed to have guests...right? We could...hang out, a lot more!", she says excitedly, almost feeling all giddy about the chance to see and interact with other sort of creatures. For the most part humans are so...dull and uninteresting. Whenever she does smile, it looks like she might have fangs, but it is still unclear yet.

Tamamo looked surprised by her own misunderstanding but this idea actually felt good. She wasn't really ever told if she could or not bring guests, though. Or if she did, she didn't actually remember. "Hanging out...? It sounds fun. I'm not sure what you mean by hanging but okay. Let's head back to the academy, I can show you my room and we could play. Unless you want to do something else...", she tried to offer and even turned to head back but waited to see if Sarah would follow. Otherwise, she would remain there. If she followed, Tamamo would lead her toward the academy, hopefully as far as her own room as well if she was allowed.

Edited by Seraphina

Sarah giggles even more and has the stupid, but devious smirk all over her face from getting invited over. Tamamo surely has no idea what sort of Pandora's box she has opened, but hopefully it shall turn out fairly harmless in the end. She begins to skip like a young school girl, following the fox girl."Ohhhh...play? Play what? Ohhhh...is it...some sort of grown up game?", she says, blushing lightly, yet keeping her smirk plastered all over her face."W̢̠̲̭̺͚͒̔́̇͑̅̊̓̃͘͟h̴̙͚̳͉̘̻̒̀̃̂̈́͋̑̑͊͟a̸̞̗̣̩̣̱̻͖̞͑̊̌̿̆̃̎̀ͅť̳̱̗͎̰̳̲̲̮͔̎̂͑͒̏̌ ą̴̮̪̠͍͇̏̐͊́́͢͟ͅř̫̯̱̻̖̯͇̪̇̈͌̔̕͡ͅȩ̷̞̦̤͉̱͕͖̖͂͛͆̔͘͜͝ w̢͇̪̗̫̄̂̌̎͐͑͒̍̋͘ȩ̵͉̦̱͕̤̾̐̃̂̉͘͘͡ g̨̱̣͉̳̗̎̐̄͗͞ȍ̶̼̼͙͕̣̪̗̟̯̱̄̾̉̎͆͑͞͞͡n̴̛͔͍͈̖̬̋̇͂̇̓̇͡n͇͔̩̩̝͍̭͎̗̂̍̌̒͗a̵̢͓̮̟͌͋́̄̇̌̓͢͞ d̛̙͉̹̗͈̳̘͈̯̐̃̀͑̏̈͞͠͠ͅỏ̧̡͉͉̞̺̳̙̪̆͂̓̋͗̕ ȏ̵͓̩̜̗̜͉̮͆́͋͡n̷̨̠̰̟̬̲̩̯̙̊̿͂̈́̏͊̽̓ͅ t̛̻̺̺̖̮̿͋̂̽̈̚͜ͅh̶̡̢̛̺͙͉̙̆͒͒͑̓̚͢ͅe͖͓̲̣̜̝̔̀̄̓͐̈̎̃̚͞ b̨͉̱̟̟͚̩̮͒̀̿̐̎̂͟͝͡͞ȩ͓͉̘͍͔̞̖̊̾̅̂̑͒̿d̶̛̖͔̩͎̻̆̉͒́̓̎͢͜͠?̛͉͕̼̬̐̐̋̑̃͘̚ͅͅ", the last part said ever so faintly it may as well just be a soft wind gust.

Tamamo went all the way with her to the room, looking some at the human girl with her. "Grown-up game? I'm not sure what you mean. What game do grown ups play? Do you not play with others? Yesterday, I played in a bath with water but now, I'm already all clean so...", she said while tilting her head in thought, needing to think about what they should play if anything, at least to keep her guest interested. "Oh, I was shown something else, too. Using a TV is fun too. It shows lot of different things inside. Animals, places, humans too. We can watch that.", Tamamo suggested while showing Sarah the inside of her basic room with only what furniture she was given. Even with her ears, she probably was too distracted with her other thoughts to have heard anyway.

OOC: Do you want to move this to your dorm or would you rather cut it off here and assume they hang out?

Sarah wonders if this monster is rather isolated and thus seem oblivious to such things, despite being adult. A rather strange looking stare is sent Tamamo's way as she finds it hard to believe how a teen would know more about such matters. Eventually she decides to not really pursue the topic more, at least at the moment. She did hear about some very isolated places where some monsters lives, so chances are that she is not aware."Yeah, I am guessing there is not much TV where you come from or the monster realm in general. Sure, we can do that....that is if you don't mind me sitting near you...", she says and smirks still.

• 4 weeks later...

On a normal afternoon.. if any point of a day can even be called normal with monsters being around and such.. a human from Ironclaw Academy, known as Hiro to surprisingly a lot of people around, was walking alone in the city. He wouldn't do it if he had no reason to, but his motivation was books. He had to find more specific books about all kinds of monsters, because he heard more exists in a nearby public library. This library may be much smaller than the one found in the academy, but it surely can have a few new edition books and such, and some older ones as well that the library in the academy somehow didn't have. After entering the place, he'd immediately try and find the N section of the place, where he can find any book that starts with an N. In this case, he tries to find anything that is related to necromancy and the undead. If he doesn't find it in the N section, he tries other sections such as the U one or the D one. Regardless, it's definitely not in his plans to meet anyone new.. @JennyDK

Like most days, the public library is full of people and even a few monsters here and there. They are primarily interested in human history and information about this universe in general. A whole new world of knowledge and possibilities is now accessible after all.

Among the people here are other people who stand out as well and one of them being a woman clad in some sort of robe. Her aura is oddly gloomy and eerie. Scylia is also browsing the many bookshelves, trying to find her way to more books regarding the same type of matter that Hiro is. The place is using a version of the Dewey Decimal system fitted for this library in particular, but should still be plenty recognizable.

With her, another person(?) is also clad fully in clothing, obscuring any skin of their form as they are made to help carry books for the necromancer."Hmmmm....this oooooone might be useful. I guess I will take a quick look...", she murmurs to herself.

• Like 1

In the corner of Hiro's eye, he notices the two rather eerie looking figures, though like any other cautious person, he avoids chatting them up. He was holding in his hand one of the many books of necromancy, affixing his glasses on his face with one of his hands while he holds the book in his other, looking through the pages rather swiftly. Next to him on the little free spot of the shelf, there seems to be a few books that are opened up already, with the human boy standing in front of it. He raised his head for just a moment as the woman spoke, but looks back down into the book and skims through the lines with his eyes. For a moment, his expression shows distress, as he doesn't seem to be finding what he's looking for. "Ghosts, ghosts, ghosts... Nghh..." He looks through the pages as a cold droplet of sweat runs down his temple. He clicks his tongue in a slightly annoyed fashion. "Jiangshi, zombies, undead, vampires... Mmrmmm..." That is all that is audible from him, until he murmurs one last thing after a quick gasp. "Here we go... Jiangshi... Chinese something something, I already know that... Nghhh... Where is it...?" He squints his eyes, still not seeming to truly find what he's looking for.

• Like 1

Scylia, whilst looking totally concentrated, is still very much aware of her surroundings. This is especially handy for those, like herself, who are not keen on displaying her abilities and knowledge freely and openly. She overhears the light frustration about being unable to find something more specific and luckily it doesn't seem to come from anyone who outright looks like a danger to her. She walks closer to him, looking rather neutral in her expression."What is it you seek? I may be able to help you out possibly. You mentioned...something of Chinese origin...?", she asks softly with her companion slowly following, the thing entirely quiet.