City of Sunveil

After he is approached by the lady with the robe, Hiro can't help but to shudder a little bit as he looks up at her, Scylia clearly being taller than him. Nevertheless, her being somewhat of a human to Hiro, he doesn't really get anxious or anything and after a couple seconds of silence, he speaks up, holding the book downwards. "Ah, uhmm, yeah... I have a Chinese hopping vampire friend and.. I am trying to find out as much as possible about her type... and about zombies in general..." He looks back down at the book, his cheeks blushing slightly from the looks of it. This friend he is talking about must mean a lot to him, given how he reacted. Strange.

Scylia gives him a brief and evaluating look as he might be either confused. nervous or both. Despite his young and naive looks and emotional reactions, she does sense a genuine interest in knowing more. She had always studied things like that and any of of the "real deal" was not possible for her until she learned it via studying and such."My dear boy....I think you might be confusing the terms vampire and zombie. In any case, I have plenty of knowledge about such subjects. You could say I have a certain....flair...for it", she says without looking the least bit conceited or anything like that."That kind is quite rare and I have yet to personally see one for myself. However, I think I can help you out...but I think these premises might not be the best to discuss such matters", she says. If she comes off creepy, she certainly has no idea about it and if she did, she would likely not care anyway.

Hiro tilts his head up at the woman in a perplexed manner, responding to her first words. "Uhm, I s-see... Thing is, that's what Jiangshi are described as, but I can assure you that I am not confusing anything... I know for a fact, that they're a type of zombie, but their name translates to vampire..." He said so in an intellectual tone, though certainly not in his intentions to flaunt his knowledge, as it is most likely much more limited than Scylia's. After her second sentence, he looks around, not seeing many people around all that much, so he seems rather confused of what she said just now. "H-How so...? Seems like a pretty secluded place to me, h-heh..." He gives off a slight nervous chuckle, stepping back from the woman just in case she tries anything funny, leaning over to use a single hand of his to slide the multiple open books towards his way, whilst he closes the book in his own hand, now standing there patiently. If this were his first day around creepy people or monsters, he probably would've run off by now.

"I am aware of the translation, but in functionality, components and every other way, they would be seen as zombies. But let us not be bogged down by mere semantics...", she says, seeing no reason to pursue this specific topic as it is not the aim of the conversation and would only serve as a waste of time, which Scylia is not too crazy about at all. She gives a few looks around as well, seeing they are fairly private."Fine, we speak of it here, but you need to keep it very low. Necromancy is not exactly welcomed by the majority. I even had to wrap up my friend here before coming...", she comments firstly whilst peeling off a familiar book off the shelf to her right. The title is rather obscure and itself do not hint towards his area of curiousity. She steps closer once more as she intends to bring her voice down further."What is it you wish to know more precisely?".

• Like 1

Hiro tilts his head at the woman, furrowing his brows and squinting his eyes, though not in a judgmental manner. "R-Really? I thought it would be viewed differently, considering monsters are around and they exist and such.." He murmurs, looking off to the side for just a moment, before shaking his head as he dismisses the topic. Fulfilling Scylia's wishes, he keeps his tone quiet and moves onto the main topic at hand. "Precisely, well.. everything in terms of how zombies function. What they can and can't do both from a physical and moral standpoint.. and an emotional one, like.. love.. b-but not because that's what I'm seeking, o-of course! Just.. curious! I'd l-like to understand my friend m-more!" His face becomes rather red after saying that, only after he said it realizing that it can be misinterpreted in many ways.

Scylia is still not overly interested in letting the young man be fully aware of what she does and studies. So she tries to keep that part much more vague while still able to give him the information and such."Undeads in themselves are not as taboo, but dealing with them can certainly be...so be wary who you tell if you do that sort of activities", she says, both to warn him and let him know there are ways to handle such monsters. She notices his reactions from the last part and either she does not care or she does not recognize what it means."That could take a longer time to properly convey to you. I shall try to make it simple then: They cannot eat, breathe, have no pulse...the usual. There might be some physical hindrances if they have gotten any damage to limbs. It is pretty case-by-case based really. Morality wise....well...depends on how aware they are of the world around them. If they seem mostly "present", they are not very limited on that part. Morality is pretty subjective though. Plenty of people object to undeads even existing, particularly those of strong faith...", she says and pauses for now. The necromancer leans closer to her companion and whispers something Hiro cannot hear at all. The figure then begins to move around, basically keeping an eye out for Scylia, letting her know if there should be anything to be aware of. Finally, she starts again."Sorry about that...my friend Gregory here is just making sure we are not....disturbed. Soooo emotionally...well, kind of the same thing as with morality - if they are very aware, they can experience any sort of emotions someone living can...however, since they are undead it may take a lot more to make them show or even be known to said undead", she finishes, hoping that helped him understand.

• Love 1

Hiro fidgets a little bit in his movements, stumbling slightly as he took a small step to the side, only because he was trying to take out his notebook and pen again from where he stored it earlier, placing the books that he read to the side and at the speed of near sound, he'd be jotting down everything that she says. Every now and then he nods and even mumbles out a quiet "Mmmhmm" or an "Uhuh" despite already knowing some of the things that Scylia spoke of. Still, he most definitely learned something new and interesting, clicking the end of the pen and finishing writing it all down as soon as she finishes explaining, looking back up at her. "I see.. well, my friend, she is... I'd like to say quite 'evolved' in the moral and emotional stand points.. She's pretty aware of the world around her, though she doesn't seem to remember her past.. Still, she is quiet and kind and-.. honestly, I already feel weird talking behind her back, but I hope she will appreciate that I was just trying to find out more about her kind.." He rambles, looking away at a random spot for a moment as he thinks. "Her emotions are quite clear to me, actually.. She gets flustered whenever there's.. s-some sort of physical closure, she gets less shy and cheerful whenever I speak to her.. a-and she gets upset whenever I ask her about--.." He doesn't finish his sentence, looking back up as he seems to have realized something. "--A-ah, err, speaking of which.. she thinks that I don't accept her the way she is, every time I offer her or ask her about what if she was able to eat and drink things, or if there's even a slight possibility of her being able to do that in the future.. I j-just.. I think I was being too pushy in that regard and I should just forget it.." Changing the topic yet again because he's trying not to see Scylia as a sort of therapist, though she can stop him and his words, in case she has anything to add so far. "..You said they have no pulse? Uhm, s-sometimes I feel like her skin getting warmer and not from my own touch, she can also blush on the face like anyone else, and sometimes I even feel a pulse or a heart at her chest, b-but t-t-that really must be either my own heart, or my imagination. M-most likely both.." He's usually not stuttering this much when speaking, but here he is. The topic must've struck something in him, though he doesn't really know that Scylia doesn't care about his emotions, or she just doesn't know.

• Like 1

Scylia is really, really not used to interact a lot with others and especially not very talkative and emotional types like Hiro seems to be. Not because she has no heart, empathy and other such qualities, but she is just way too analytical, focused and the like, to properly understand such outbursts of emotions and ranting on. Still, she listens as carefully as she can, whilst trying to form her own reply in her mind before speaking. She is definitely the type to contemplate their utterings very carefully and may often come off as a person of very few words. So she patiently waits for the guy to finish his flow of words. Of course, not even she can ignore the very obvious signs this is giving off from Hiro."Zombies can vary a great deal from one to another. Of course, there are overall similarities, but other things can change immensely between, like personality or lack thereof...", she comments and pauses to quickly communicate with Gregory real quick before going on again."Ohh, sorry...had to check with Gregory. So, it seems like you are indeed quite emotionally enamoured by this zombie friend of yours. These physical things you have felt with her can very well be real as some specimen can experience emotions and such, though it usually requires a higher "output" so to speak...I think you are best off trying to just accept what she can and cannot do. Chances are that how she is right now is all she does and will ever know. However, I cannot really help you with the emotional stuff a lot...I am not exactly an expert on that...", she says, hoping to still be useful.

Hiro jotted down more things into his notebook, his heart definitely beating in a higher pace than usual, but it calms down towards the end there, deciding to hold back on the whole emotion thing, noticing how Scylia doesn't really react to it. Not that he purposefully chose to act this way in front of her, but that's just him being human. He lowers the notebook and looks up at her, sighing once. "That's okay. You've told me plenty of things that are quite useful, ma'am. Whether or not I knew of them already, it doesn't matter because at least I was able to confirm that they're actually true, uhm.. assuming I can trust your word.." He raises a brow at the woman. "Forgive me for asking but.. a-are you.. a human?" The human boy puts away his notebook and fixes his glasses on his face once again, his eyes darting between her and the wrapped up thing she calls Gregory.

He doesn't seem to have minded her own comments about his emotional state and such. She is content as long as it is not wasting her time and teaching someone more about undeads is definitely not a waste in her mind."This is just what I know from memory. I have not really read too much on this specific type, but I have more materials somewhere. Am I human? Why, yes...yes I am. If you wish to speak to me further, you can usually find me in my mansion on the outskirts of town", she replies back calmly and with perfect pronounciation. Naturally, she cannot help but notice him also looking at her fully covered human shaped companion."Is something the matter? Does Gregory...unnerve you?", she asks, wondering if he might have suspicions towards his...nature.

Whilst she spoke up, he listened as always, nodding a couple of times as his question gets answered. "There's.. probably a lot of mansions around in this city, but I'm sure I won't miss it.." Hiro responds with that, forcing a slight smile. That's when her question comes his way, tilting his head slightly sideways. He looks at Gregory and then back at Scylia, raising a hand to scratch the back of his own head. "Perhaps.. a little bit, but that's normal for me, to be.. unnerved about things.. I'd like to consider myself still pretty new at.. being around monsters, despite a few months having passed already.." He murmurs a response for the woman's question, looking up at her with a pensive expression, hoping that suddenly he's not in trouble for anything.

As things seems to be draw to a conclusion, Scylia mentally signals for Gregory to be more "at ease" so to speak and the fully covered figure seems to wander a bit more randomly."I suppose it is only understandable. Monsters and such are still quite new to us humans, but don't worry...I am sure you will feel better about it in time. Out of curiousity...do you think I could study this friend of yours?", she comments back. All the while they have met and talked, Gregory has been completely silent as well.

Hiro shakes his head, he idly crosses his hands, seeming to have a perplexed look on his face. "Study? I don't think she will like that, unless she herself gives you consent.. I don't want her to blame me or something for putting her up to something like that.. And, I.. also don't want something strange happening to her.. d-depends on what you mean by studying.." He worries for his zombie friend, stepping back from the woman just a little bit with a nervous expression, averting his eyes from the woman's, if her eyes were even visible in the first place.

Scylia sighs as she sort of expected such a reaction and even now it grows a bit weary to deal with."You assume I would do something bad to your friend? This could also benefit her, you know...being more aware of her own condition and so on. There is nothing beneficial about studying a dead or hurt zombie. It was merely an offer that might benefit all of us. You could simply ask her, as she seems fairly aware of her surroundings and such from what you told me", she comments back.

Seeming skeptical, Hiro narrows his eyes as he inspects Scylia once again with his eyes behind his glasses, gulping once in a nervous manner. Considering her offer, he looks off to the side for a few moments before looking back at her. "Okay, I'll-... I'll ask her in person, but I hope it's fair that I don't fully trust you, ma'am... After all, it all seems too... coincidental and good to be true, that we ran into each other and that you can help me and such... I'm j-just thinking rationally and realistically, is all...!" Hiro defends himself with these words, shrugging his shoulders but forces a smile, awaiting a response from the woman.

The hood of her robe is usually pretty far down, so in order to her mostly neutral face and eyes, you would have to up closer to Scylia. The necromancer can indeed agree to and understand  what Hiro is saying, however she does still have comments for it."I suppose so, but it goes ways too. However, I doubt you can find many with my talents and knowledge...", she simply responds back and mentally calls Gregory back towards her and the tall lumbering figure responds by doing so. She gives the head of the figure a short gentle caress."Good job today boy. Just try to not frighten the young ones...okay?", she says in an almost motherly tone.

Seeming to be ready to leave, Hiro reaches over to the few books on the side that he put there for himself, lifting it up to his own chest before looking back up at the woman. "Right, uhm..." He watches her congratulate the figure known as Gregory, before he informs Scylia of something. "I will take my leave... I'm sure I'll find the mansion, if it needs be... Thank you for the information, ma'am..." He murmurs out, before stepping to the side and wanting to go around Scylia and her companion, only so that he can take his leave and redeem the books he has collected for later use. He would stop before he does all that, however, waiting to see if the woman has anything to say. If not, he leaves.

Scylia is used to people acting a bit like this, but she doesn't intend to change on that as she feels it is the more effective and quick manner, rather than tip-toe and the like around others. She is unsure if he is just avoiding her or what, but if he wishes more information, he will have to look her up."Be well, young man", she simply utters, letting him leave before returning to her search and studying.

• 2 months later...

[Scene start for TAG and @JennyDK]

Keelo Nurt walked through the crowded streets of downtown Sunveil. He groaned as he felt that he was getting low on cash. Well...time to take some money. He made his way toward the area of the city filled with stores that weren't in the mall, finding that area always being profitable for him. 

As the human shaped imp watched the shops to see what all had been fairly profitable that day, he did a couple bump and snatches to pass the time. Using his ability he had named 'Sticky Fingers' he had gotten his hands on enough money to cover lunch and dinner for the night, a rather pretty diamond wedding ring, a couple wallets, and just for fun...a pair of panties that he was able to remove from a short skirted woman that went by him. He loved stuff like that, not out of some perversion, but because of the chaos it would cause when a well timed breeze would blow her way. He snickered at the thought as he picked out his target...a small tech store that had labyrinth like alleys to one side of it.

Jessica is out and about as well, mostly out to cause mischief and fear, not particularly for monetary gain. In fact, the concept of money does not even interest her very much and only uses as much as absolutely necessary for herself. It is more fun and thrilling to see what sort of chaos derives when various humans loses their cash and other valuable assets. That is what led her to begin to think about what sort of misdeeds it might cause to target something bigger, such as a store. So one of the many streets with stores and businesses going along it, she wanders slowly with her eyes hovering out various potential targets.

Something then catches her eyes as she sees someone who most may say acts suspiciously, which catches her curiousity. Whilst in human form, he is definitely a monster like herself. Of course, she wants to investigate further, but stealthily for now. So she melts into the shadows that are cast nearby, wanting to follow.

• Love 1

Keelo tucked his hands into his pockets, walking toward the tech store. He had wasted just the right amount of time, the day slowly changing to night time. The imp made his way into the door, sliding in before the worker could lock it up. "Hey, sorry. Just need to get a couple things. You can go ahead and start your close up stuff, I shouldn't be long. I'll wait by the front counter when I'm ready." The smile he gave the idiot human seemed to relax them, his request meaning that they would have to wait on another customer before they could lock up. 

The imp kept his head low, doing everything he could to not be seen by the cameras. He snatched up a couple sets of head phones, chargers, a new tablet before going to the front counter. The employee was still in the back doing stuff, so now was as good of a time as any. He smiled widely and took the money in the tip jar before he disappeared in a plume of smoke. He reappeared in the alley on the other side of the wall, grinning ear to ear.

Jessica doesn't want to interrupt the imp in whatever his plans are and for now are happy to just watching the scene before her unfold, her grin growing as she sees the sort of exploitation of human ignorance and naiveté leads to. Whilst not fully up to date on high end tech, she is well aware of the sort of value these things hold here. Thankfully it doesn't take too much time before she sees the criminal emerge nearby. That is when she decides to emerge from the shadows, still in her (mostly) human form, but it is impossible to hide her monstrous heritage as she still adorning such features."Good evening. Quite a haul you have there....and the way you tricked that human...very fun. Though I think you may have left yourself open to being found out in this manner. You and I....operate best when no one knows who to seek out...know what I mean?", she says in her slick tone of voice.

• Love 1

Keelo was just about to turn down the alley and saunter off with his boots when he heard a voice call out to him. He grimaced and hunched his shoulders as he turned to see who it was talking to him. It looked like a girl...but definitely not human. When she complimented his actions, the grimace dropped and he smiled, until she criticized him. "Well normally I would fly away at this point and not be seen in this area for a while...but it seems you saw me so this might get a little problematic, or it would, but you don't seem too interested in turning me in. I get your meaning, what might you be proposing? You've got a job for me or something?"

• Like 1

She keeps her distance to him and retain her eager smirk on her face as they engage in conversation."Ohhhh, why would I object to seeing humans getting what is coming to them? I am more than enthustiastic about such goals. I think you should rejoice that it was I who witnessed you and not someone else. I have already gathered myself one ally...and together he and I will do greath things. You will be missing out greatly for turning down such an opportunity. Tell me...what do you desire most of all?", she answers him.

• Love 1