1st year classroom

Julia just looks at Misty @Icarian Dreams with a weird look for a moment or two, before turning her head to rest upon the desk once more, her tail swooshing lazily about once more. As long as the ghost girl is quiet, she doesn't really care much.

Yoko can tell these monsters will probably pretty difficult to deal with, but perhaps the more quiet ones like the tentacle girl @Arknight.

• Like 1

Amelia gulped as she watched the classroom as she thought that things were starting to go a bit too hectic. She wriggled around in her seat uncomfortably as she hoped that things will resolve peacefully. Amelia wasn't exactly one of the stronger monsters to have been born but even if she was, she'd still prefer if they could all get along with one another. She felt her spine stiffen as she heard Levi @The Dark King speak about not apologizing which felt strange to her since it obviously to her seemed that it was between Misty and Julia. 

She jumped in her seat as she saw the door open as she thought that it might've been the head of security and she hadn't met the person who was the head but she had heard rumors that the woman was a bit of a badass before she let out a very silent sigh of relief as she saw the Scylla crawl into the classroom. Amelia raised a hand to the center of her chest as her body loosened a bit. She smiled warmly between the people that she felt like she could get along with right away. Her warm features trying to reassure and make herself friendly to Saeki @Godot, Anne @Arknight, and Yoko @JennyDK.

Amelia held out one of her hands again hoping that somehow she can diffuse what she felt like was a growing tense atmosphere. She waited to be called on and when she was finally called on, "Um, Mr. von Braun, @Solomon so what classes do we need to take and how do we graduate here. . ." She asked as her voice broke once again into a high-pitched squeak at the end of her sentence. Her face flushing in embarrassment as she hoped that she could at least get one sentence out without her voice breaking today. 

• Woohoo 1

Atmer had kept his head low throughout all of this. The constant shouting and loud voices were making his ears hurt. He dropped them low, hoping Mr. Braun would get everyone in line. When @OlrukTheSmall asked the classes and graduation information, he thought Finally, someone who actually is trying to help. Normally he wouldn't be getting so aggressive, but his head was starting to pound from all the squabbling between the ghost @Icarian Dreams and the naked manticor@JennyDK. A low rumble of a growl began to become audible, even through the muzzle he wore that usually muffled his voice. His tail was still back behind him, just hovering above the ground.

Edited by Thatannoyinggod
  • Like 2

Luther narrowed his eyes at Levi's response in it's unexpectedness he let the interaction between the ghost and manticore go. "Mr. Levi I did not address you l, though I do so now. Speak with me after class."

He sighed thankfully as Amelia asked her question. "Yes, excellent question. That brings me to the next topic. As far as classes go 4 semesters of mathematics, english, and a science (or magic) of your choice are required. As well as human society and human biology if you are a monster. And vice versa for humans. 2 semesters of History and P.E. or a sport are required as well. That covers 4 years if you aren't placed in an advanced course and don't take any extra evening classes. Sports are available in the evening as is at least human society if enough students request it. Any questions there?"

Edited by Solomon
  • Like 2

Yoko is quite unsure if any further questions will bring about more disturbances or other kind of anxiety inducing experiences. She feels herself almost shrink in her seat and yet there is a question she really wants to get out. She looks at Hiro @Godot for a brief moment, gathering her slight courage and finally, but again slowly and cautiously, raises her hand into the air, indicating she has something to enquire about from mr Braun @Solomon.

"Uhhmm..yess, me again...sorry..I mean...ughh..no..so..well....human so..society..sounds...i..interesting..bu...but it's not already..a...a..uhmm...subject...yet? I..I would really like to a,,,attend...I..I..I assume the teacher....being...well....human?", she stutters and jitters, clearly using all of her willpower for this.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Luther looks over the class and gestures at Yoko @JennyDK with one hand, allowing her to ask away. He listens carefully to her quiet, cautious voice. "Ms. Yoko, I am the teacher for the human society class. Human society is always available as a morning class. Extra evening courses are only available if enough students request it. I have a fairly low request requirement as I will be at the school until nightfall any way. Ah and to address Anne's @Arknightquestion from earlier; I head to my home at nightfall." 

Edited by Solomon
  • Like 3

At the mention of sports, Atmer raised his head, his ears perking up. "Mr. Braun @Solomon, what sports are offered, and who do we need to talk about joining them? Also, are we able to take human society as first years?" His tail wagged behind him quickly at the thought of getting to learn more about humans. His headache was finally fading away, making him more open to engaging the class. 

• Like 1

Hiroshigae manages to take a peek again at Yoko @JennyDK, quite at the same time she looked at him to build up her courage. He had smiled at her, but quickly turned to face front again so he doesn't get in trouble. Once she starts speaking, it's as if everything around him had calmed down, including his mind. He sighs once and opens up his notebook, only to lift it up and cover his mouth and cheeks with it while staring at the table, perhaps hiding a blush.

He talks in his own mind in a much calmer manner now. "I'm sorry, Mr. Braun... I hope you won't look down upon all humans, thanks to me... I have questions, I just don't think I have the courage to ask them... Yet..." He closes his eyes and takes another deep breath, but opens them right back up after a few seconds to avoid being called out for "sleeping during class."

• Like 3

'Oh I see, so the teachers are not available at their home? I thought that they slept in the academy like us...' Anne's thoughts were interrupted, she began to feel a slight discomfort in the room hearing a little rumble of a growl from behind her @Thatannoyinggod Then hearing how nervous their classmates were when asking their questions @JennyDK @Godot, made her remember what happened yesterday in the hall. 'Did I bother someone again? Why is everyone like this since I entered the classroom?' She put on a worried face wondering what she could have done to upset them all, moving her tentacles nervously on her chair.

Edited by Arknight
  • Like 1

Quite unexpectedly, Julia actually puts her hand into the air as she leans up properly once more and grumble before her questions leaves her lips."Sooooo...mr. vampire dude...is there, like, a 1st year student party going on? If not...can we have one?", she casually speaks, as if it was a given.

• Woohoo 1

He points at the wolfish student Atmer allowing him to ask his question. "Well Mr. Atmer @Thatannoyinggod there are a number of sports baseball, soccer, football, track and field, wrestling, swimming, water polo, volleyball, tennis, and I think that's all of them. You will of course be able to take human society in your first year and I'm glad for you enthusiasm."

Luther then looks around and is surprised to see Julia's @JennyDK hand up. Her question however, was as he expected. Not related to the lecture whatsoever. Luther replies disinterestedly. "The closest thing that the school does for that would be the fist dance of the year. The Danse Macabre, on Halloween night.  I believe there is a student known for throwing parties though so one will likely happen before then."

Edited by Solomon
@mention
  • Like 1

Still filled with unspent energy, Misty looked around the room, not really listening to what the teacher had to say. The tentacle girl seemed worried about the wolf-boy's growl, which seemed like a nice change to her being worried about basically everything else. The wolf-boy actually seemed to ease up a bit, and... wait... did the human-boy and the zombie-girl just exchange looks?! Misty did a double-take. And now the human-boy seemed to be blushing! Outrageous! There was clearly something going on between the two, and Misty had been comepletely oblivious to it! Well... not that she really cared about it... right?

Her ears perked up to the sound of "dance". A-ha! A plan was starting to slowly form in her mind. Her hand went up again. "Prof'sor, will there be any dance classes available?"

Edited by Icarian Dreams
eyes != ears
  • Haha 4

Amelia has been quiet since her last question as she was busy writing down these for notes. Her first page was looking neatly organized as she finished what was needed to be done. After she finished she drew in a box so that way she could make sure the notes were contained and that this was what was needed. Although she did glance up when she heard there was a school-wide dance which made her fidget about. She had never gone to a dance before and she knew for herself that she was rather clumsy. She raised her hand shyly. "Um, What kind of dances are going to be held there?" Her voice whispered a bit shyly as she really hoped that there wouldn't be anything too precise. Although, Misty asking about there being dance lessons did give Amelia some hope that she might not end up walking in as a bumbling klutz. 

Amelia looked around as she saw the manticore seem to get excited at the thought of a party and that gave her the thought maybe to try and throw a party for the first years. She smiled as she pulled out a smaller notebook about the size of her face when it was opened fully and started to jot down ideas for a party and what to bring. She looked over at the ghost girl and flushed as she probably felt that she probably liked a party too. She looked up to see the human look over at the zombie and saw the small display between them. She wondered if they knew each other and then there was the flushing! 'Were they perhaps. . . sweethearts back when she was alive! And he revived her because he didn't want her to go! Oh, that's so sweet and romantic!' She thought but she wasn't too sure yet so she made up her mind to ask them about it afterwards. 

She looked over at Levi before she felt a faint shudder go through her as she definetly felt uncomfortable with him as she had no way to peg him down just yet. She quickly switched her gaze to the scylla and she definetly felt more lax as their physiology's weren't too different so she felt a bit of a connection with her. 

• Haha 4

Julia grumbles from the answer, but she had a feeling it was like that. At least a student driven party would probably have less restrictions and none of the staff there to be party poopers or worse. She lowers herself back down, the need for napping still within her, but for now she simply rests.

Yoko feels embarrasement from the teacher letting her know that there is indeed a class like he mentioned and he was the one running it. Even though it wasn't that dumb of a question, especially if you missed the first few minutes of the orientation. She fidgets lightly in her seat, unsure if she should stay or....no...not in here... The mention of a party makes her freeze up even further, but at least it takes the attention away from her question. She is quite certain that Hiro is probably not going...maybe...she is not sure. She dares not ask more about this Dance Macabre and simply stays mute for now.

• Like 4

All this talking about dances and clubs and whatnot made Hiro think deeply about a few things. Mainly about how he doesn't really like social events, but this time he also tries to think about the positive things that might happen during something like that. Eventually he shrugs it off and stops thinking about it, removing the opened notebook from his face so reveal that he is fine now. Instead, he grabs onto his pen again and set the open notebook down to note down some things in it.

After a moment he stops writing and closes his eyes again as he takes a deep breath, opening them right back up to stare forwards at the writing board, waiting for the hour to go by, patiently. He didn't suspect that the creatures around him were thinking of how there might be a deeper connection between him and Yoko. Even regarding that matter, he has a lot to think about. Why did he blush when he looked at her? Why did he feel calmer upon hearing her voice? It's all very strange...

He also was trying to plan on how to introduce himself to his new classmates. He doesn't even want to say a word, but there's bound to be some conversations starting after the class. At least that's what he suspects.

• Like 2
  • Woohoo 1

Hollow eyes followed those who spoke. Having not spoken a word as they all asked their questions. In honesty, Levi felt a bit awkward around them all. He was use to being alone in his castle, only occasionally was he surrounded by those who hated or feared him. No one ever simple felt fine or normal around him. So Levi did indeed feel weird, not in a bad a way of course. He was more curious of the setting he was in and of all the things going on around him. Doing a lot better then the moment he spoke up earlier from misunderstanding. He felt a emotion he had never felt before and hated the moment and glad it passed.

Though confusion started to bubble in his mind, not understanding what some things they said ment or what they were referring too. So, for the second time since he showed up to the classroom. He once again spoke up, well after raising his hand like one of the others did. "I would like to join the human society class... And another thing.. What are these 'sports' you speak of? I don't understand." He only had his hand raised for a moment, not wanting to keep it raised. Instead he simple moved his hands onto the desk and awaited his answers.

• Like 1

Luther nods as Misty @Icarian Dreams asks her question. "Well there is a dance club, I do believe they give people free lessons even without joining the club, but there isn't a official dance class."

Luther then selects Amelia @OlrukTheSmall. He smiles at her question. "Well dear, the Danse Macabre is a dance with the dead and Death himself to remind us all to enjoy our life to the fullest and no matter one's station in life, the Danse Macabre unites us all. There will be al sorts of dances, but it tends to be more informal." He sighs with happy memories of the past.

He is pulled out of his brief reverie by Levi's @The Dark Kingquestion. "Yes, of course you can take the human society class I will pass out sheets for eveyone to sign up for there classes after my lecture." He pauses a bit taken aback by the simplicity of the second question the only hint of this that appears on his face is him blinking a couple times. "Well a sport is typically a physical competion around a set of specific rules. For example in a race people start running at the same time and see who can get to the finish line the fastest." 

Atmer let Mr. Braun give his explanation to Levi @The Dark King, feeling excited that he knew something that he could input. "They can be really fun! Track, the running that Mr. Braun mentioned, is one of my favorites, but there also other ones with different rules and things to do. And some of them are you competing against another and there are others that have you work on a team to compete with another team. And they are great excersise." With his excitement, his voice could easily be heard through his muzzle. His tail began to swish back and forth faster, thumping against the back of his chair.

Luther clasps his hands and moves on to the next topic. "Alright well let's move on to extracurricular activities. I just went over what sports are available, they have the added benefit of covering your P.E. requirement though they tend to only be in the evening after the 1 p.m. lunch. There are a number of clubs here and if you can't find the club you want, you can make it! The rules for making a club are as follows: You must set it up with the headmaster or vice headmaster, each club must have a teacher as their contact person, and you must have a president as well as a regular member. We do offer various arts classes as well. Now you first years will need to have a class president, vice president, and secretary for the student government. You will have a couple days to submit yourself in the running should you so wish."

• Like 3

Amelia's hand went up again as this time her voice finally came out without a squeak or horribly low. "Um, sorry, question again. But, what would these people do if they're elected?" She asked confusedly as she was glad that Atmer and Levi seemed to be getting along a bit and that Levi might not be as bad as a person as his physical appearance makes him out to be. Amelia didn't know if she could be responsible enough to do something like take on a position of leadership but the thought of taking up on it so she could learn about the others and help the others have a good time did tempt her to try it out. . . "Heck, if I don't like it once the school year is over. I don't need to reapply again."  She thought hopefully. 

Julia takes little interest in the extra stuff or responsibility and once the topic of an official party is over and the ghost girl shut her trap, there is little reason for her having to follow the conversation other than very superficially. However, the drowsiness from last night's festivities is finally almost over and she soon leans up once more."Is it over? Can we go now? Someone set me up with something called a blind date and I guess I need to be there on time...are you finish mr vampire dude?", she asks rather unmannerly.

Yoko listens to the stark contrasts of personalities among her and some seem much more approachable, especially when compared to the manticore or Misty @Icarian Dreams who was loud, weird and probably a bit too mischievious for her liking. She wonders if maybe it would be easier for her to meet some of these persons more individually.

It looks like the human boy is trying to avoid everything that implies being put on the spot, this includes having to become part of the student government. Hiro remained seated until everyone was actually dismissed, but every now and then he decided to look back for a second or so, to take a look at Yoko @JennyDK. Nobody would know why he kept doing that. Maybe not even himself. He closed up his notebook and placed both that away and his pen, right into his pockets. Then, he leaned against his chair and remained silent and still, yet he continued to look around the class more frequently than before. Every time he'd look toward the direction of the naked manticore, he simply turned away to look somewhere else, with an embarrassed blush on his face. He even took a curious look at the ghost girl @Icarian Dreams, probably because she mentioned him indirectly earlier, or maybe because he just didn't have a good look at her yet. As soon as he's spotted looking though, he swiftly turned and looked at a different student. He even used this time to have a look at both tentacle girls @OlrukTheSmall @Arknight, mainly eyeing their tentacles, not with disgust, but more like curiosity. He'd also notice the difference that one has human legs, while the other doesn't. But, again, as soon as he made eye contact with any of them, he looks away swiftly, almost as if he was trying to hide from something.

• Like 1

With the movement away from PE and sports, Atmer quieted down quickly. He looked around the room, getting a better look and sniff at his classmates. He noticed the human @Godot frequently looking back at the girl that smelled slightly of dead flesh @JennyDK. The scent happened to catch his nose just right, causing him to sneeze loudly. He shook his head, wondering why the human kept looking back at her. Maybe they know each other. I hope that's why and not that he's scared of her. When he caught the slight smell of  raw seafood, he noticed the girl... Amelia @OlrukTheSmall, he thought that was her name. He noticed her tentacles and tilted his head, his tail wagging back and forth, showing his curiosity. He never felt tentacles before... he wondered what it felt like.

• Like 1

Luther once again picks Amelia @OlrukTheSmall she seems to be a responsible and attentive individual which Luther quite liked to see among the new students. "The student council helps share ideas and concerns with teachers and the headmasters. They often also help raise funds for school-wide activities, like dances, community projects, helping people in need, school reform, and so on."

Then Julia @JennyDK asked her question Luther sighed at her apparent lack of focus or care. "Address me as Mr. Braun. To answer your question... Well, no ,you are to socialize among your peers here for at least 15 minutes before you are dismissed meet each other formally, discuss what classes you would like to take, and talk about who would be good for the student council."

Edited by Solomon
@mentions

Misty was half-sure that the human-boy @Godot was purposefully avoiding her gaze. Hopefully she was just being paranoid. Can ghosts be paranoid? She's gonna have to ask... someone... later. Ugh. Why was he looking at the zombie girl so much? Misty's mind started to wander. Is it really murder if your target is already technically dead? She's gonna have to ask that too. Preferably to someone else.

She examined the human's movements carefully. It wasn't an easy task, given he was seated in the first rows of the desks, while Misty was in the far back (mental note: deal with that later), but Misty made sure to do her best. He seemed to examine the class. He even stopped to look at the tentacle-girls. Did he really not look at her? The ghost girl felt her cheeks darken.

Well, she was not going to leave this at that. She was going to get noticed. She couldn't be bested by a girl with some... flesh hanging around her bones! It was a matter of honor. But not yet. She needed a plan. Her ears half-caught something that was going on in the class. Some talk about the student council. She thought about it for a moment, but dismissed the idea. It seemed like too much work for too little reward.

• Haha 2