Academy library.

"Maths, English, Science, History, and Human Biology..." Anpu recounted out loud. Her irides went to the corners of her eyes for a moment, as she recalled the plan of the library. "Got it. You'll find English and History a bit to the right, Maths and Science are further back, next to both Biologies. I'll fetch them for you." She proposed, her bad mood dying down a bit, as her feeling of duty started to take over. Well, at least she could help someone. Someone who wasn't about to tell her she had an 'obsession'. Pfft. She stomped away towards the shelves, not even waiting for an affirmation from the Oni. 'Turning a library into a hotel.' Yeah, right. She was but one person, what the hell did it hurt her to just let her this one small thing... She felt herself winding up again. "Second class, right?" She almost growled, as she searched through the books.

@OlrukTheSmall

• Like 1

"Yeah" Scarlet said watching Anpu get to work with a seeming vengeance. "Second year." She confirmed letting the librarian's assistant work. Scarlet didn't exactly know what her deal was with wanting to stay in the library but she felt like she shared a bit of sentiment with her due to the fact that when Scarlet was rather young she wanted to camp out by the gym as she realized she extremely loved working out and becoming stronger only to be shut down by her parents whilst they were still taking care of her. Eventually, Scarlet came to terms as she actually liked living in a place that had indoor plumbing and A/C. . . But, she decided not to share that with Anpu. "So. . ." She said awkwardly. "You like all these books?" She said trying to get some kind of conversation between them. 

Anpu couldn't help but smile at the girl's attempts to make smalltalk. She was boiling inside just a little bit less. "I love all these books." She stopped picking the books, just to look around and take in the smell of the thousands of tomes surrounding her. "Thousands of years worth of knowledge from either world. What's there not to love?" She asked rhetorically, as her tail wagged a few times just at the thought. Her hand hanged in the air for a moment. That didn't sound like a good selling point towards someone like the Oni. "Well, not only knowledge. There's enough for pretty much anyone to find something they fancy." She spoke, slightly lost in thought, as she stepped back towards the girl, before handing her the books for Maths, Sciences, and, of course, Human Biology.

"Bring these to the counter once you're done." She smiled, this time quite genuinely. "It'll be just a moment." She excused herself, making sure the girl had everything before she rushed to a different section of the library,

Scarlet nodded as she listened to Anpu. "I see." She managed to get out before her lower two arms created a cradle for the books that Anpu gave her. 'Well, she's certainly looking happier.' She thought to herself as she watched her run off to some other section of the library unsure what she was going to get. She took a peak inside of the top book of the pile before widening her eyes as it perfectly picked up from where last year's class had ended. 'That's actually a bit awesome and weird.' She thought as she closed the book and walked back to where she thought the front counter was around which just ended up being the location where she saw the headmaster talking with the two before she came here. 

After a few minutes, Anpu came back, quickly stepping towards the Oni @OlrukTheSmall with yet another book under her shoulder, this much smaller than the other ones. She quickly eyed Myrddin, before adding it to the pile, her cheeks reddening. The cover read Dangerous Thirst, and depicted two women in early 20th century clothing, passionately making out. "D-don't let the cover deceive you, i-it's actually a pretty good detective story... a-and the smut isn't that bad either." The Anubis said, with each successive word, hiding deeper behind the pile of books, until she were almost invisible, save for a pair of wolfish ears folding over the bookstack. "I just thought you may want something beside the study books. Y-you don't have a library card, right?"

Edited by Icarian Dreams

Scarlet looked a bit alarmed at the cover but at the same time intrigued. "I-I see. I'm sure that you have a good point." She said as if she didn't naturally have red skin then the flush on her face would be showing quite well. "If its your tastes then I think this will be a good read." She smiled as she tried to reassure Anpu. "Um, I have my student card. . . Does that count?" She asked as she had never really been to the school's library back in her first year. . . or at least not to check out any books. "Do you, um. . . particularly like that kind of genre. . . erm, detective stuff." She said as she tried not to make Anpu even more shy as she seemed to be shrinking and she was worried that Anpu might somehow disappear with how much she was shrinking!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OlrukTheSmall said:

Scarlet looked a bit alarmed at the cover but at the same time intrigued. "I-I see. I'm sure that you have a good point." She said as if she didn't naturally have red skin then the flush on her face would be showing quite well. "If its your tastes then I think this will be a good read." She smiled as she tried to reassure Anpu. "Um, I have my student card. . . Does that count?" She asked as she had never really been to the school's library back in her first year. . . or at least not to check out any books. "Do you, um. . . particularly like that kind of genre. . . erm, detective stuff." She said as she tried not to make Anpu even more shy as she seemed to be shrinking and she was worried that Anpu might somehow disappear with how much she was shrinking!

"Right. Student card. Will do." She said, as she started pulling small cards out of each book, kept there to keep track of borrowed ones. "C-Can I see?" She stabilized her breathing. That was a dumb idea. A second one today! Doing a fine job, Anpu! She berated herself in her mind. A small hand emerged from behind the books, grasping Scarlet's student card. A quick scribbling could be heard, before the hand emerged back, returning the card. "I- like many genres." She was quick to reassure. "But detective stories are generally a good start if someone doesn't read much." Her head started to slowly appear from behind the pile, as the Oni didn't seem to have been judging her. "Uh, no offense intended." She reflected, not wanting to sound snobbish.

"By the way, I'm Anpu." She extended her hand, as seeing the Oni's name on the student's card made her realize that she never really introduced herself. "Come visit us sometimes, Scarlet."

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Like 1

Scarlet smiled as Anbu. "I don't really know too much about books but I'm sure that you must have a good opinion." She smiled more kindly at Anbu wanting her to know she didn't mean the girl any harm or discriminated her. "Also it's fine. I tend to have. . . troubles reading so maybe with a good recommendation I won't end up falling asleep mid read." She chuckled. "Mmm, it's nice to meet you Anpu. I'm Scarlet. . . Although you may have already knew about that since I gave you my card." She said happily. She extended out one of her upper arms in a display of wanting to shake hands with her. "You're pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to what you might pick next for me when I'm done." She said as she picked up the detective book with her unoccupied hand as if she might start reading the book as she walked. 

• Like 1

Having gotten past her initial embarassment, Anpu happily shook one of the demoness' many hands, with a grip much stronger than one would expect from a figure as lithe as she was. She already forgot about the incident with the headmistress, joyful to have made a new friend. Being called 'interesting' was also quite heartwarming for the young Anubis. "You're really nice, you know it, Scarlet? Most people look at me weirdly or even aggressively when I recommend them a book... Thank you for not being like that." She smiled widely, her tail wagging rapidly. "If the book isn't quite to your liking, I can find you something else later. I'm here pretty much every break, and most of the time after school too!"

Scarlet nodded. "It's not a problem. Besides, I don't really have any reason to be rude about it. If anything, it's pretty nice that you're giving me something like this." She smiled. "Mmm, and if you ever want to see me, well, it's a bit of a mixture between being at the athletic fields, classes and my dorm." She said. She set the books in her lower arms down on a table carefully. "Well, see you Anbu." She said as she stepped up to her and gave her a quick hug before picking up her load. She then realized something as she lowered the books in her hand. "Here, let's swap cell numbers." She said as she took out her device. That way I can give you live updates on my thoughts." She winked. 

Anpu gladly hops into Scarlet's embrace, making it a few seconds longer than the girl maybe anticipated. She helps the demon pick up her books, while making a mental note to go outside and visit the girl sometimes. Her ears perk up as her new friend seems to have a new proposition. "Ooooh, that's a great idea!" The wolf-girl exclaims excitedly. She quickly starts patting down her pockets in search of her phone. Once they're finished swapping numbers, Anpu jumps back behind the desk, giving the Oni a goodbye smile. "Catch you later!"

Once Scarlet is gone, she turns towards Myrddin @SymbioteSliver. Last she checked, he appeared to have been napping - something he tended to endulge in quite often - but after his recent remarks about how he knew she was studying magic in secret, she didn't really trust his closed eyes... Well, hopefully he didn't see her interaction with the Oni. Knowing Myrddin, he would likely scold her for not giving Scarlet something more ambitious. Anpu, was, however, of an opinion that starting with the massive tomes of the so-called 'classics' can be quite discouraging.

She made her way back towards the center of the room. After all, here waited the ancient tome of rituals! The thrill of potentially learning some long-forgotten secrets or incantations took over her mind. She opened the tome carefully, making sure that she doesn't damage the pages. The protective spell she cast around it seemed to hold well, but extra caution never hurt. As she read the first verse, she groaned quietly, and opened the translation. It was ages since she last used Ancient.

• Like 1

Troy set the broken bits of doorknob beside the door gingerly. Um.. I guess I'll find someone to fix that soon. Now. To get a feel for what state we are in. Hopefully I'll be able to find that spell before I break too much. He began to wander the shelves, running his fingers along the spines of the various books. Some he could read... others he couldn't even tell what they were about. Seems a bit of a mess this place is. Some of it is organized in a more modern system... but some of them are just tossed anywhere it seems. He began to get a little frustrated by the shoddy job some of the books were kept. He finally began to speak aloud, still alone. "Gah! What is this mess here? Did the last guy have a fourth grade decide where they should go?" He noted several aisles that would need to be rearranged. Finally, he found himself in an aisle that gave him an odd chill. What he didn't know was that he had stumbled into the aisle where the magic books were kept. "I hope that Anpu @Icarian Dreams girl gets here soon."

It didn't take Anpu long to reach the library's door. She burst through it. "Good afternoon Master, I'll be with you in a second!" She shouted into the air, expecting the wizard to be where she always found him, already feeling the aura of the room reinvigorate her. She didn't however take much time breathing in the scent of surrounding books. Her gaze swept through the library, focusing on the central pillar. If she remembered correctly, it was one of the desks that surrounded the structure, where she last left the tome Myrddin gave her. And where she likely left her bag.

And she was right. Running up to the tables, she spotted both her bag and the ancient writings. The wolf-girl slowed down near them, careful not to damage them with a sudden move. She kneeled down, opening her bag, desperately digging through stacks of books and school supplies, to finally produce a small bottle of pills. With shaky hands, she opened it, took out a single tablet, and swallowed it. She breathed out in relief. The risk was low, but it was not one the Anubis was keen to take. She sat on her knees, catching her breath for a moment, before reaching up for the tomes on the desk, hiding them in her bag.

• Love 1

Troy heard the library door open and shut a little too loud for his taste, freezing as he heard the voice yell out. Master? I mean... not my first choice of titles. I guess that's Anpu @Icarian DreamsHe had thought Mary had told her of him and his being the new librarian, so he exited the section he was in, going to meet his assistant.

He followed the noises he kept hearing, finding the dog-like girl kneeling on the floor. "Um... hello? Are you Anpu? Did Mary find you and send you to me?" His orange red hair was kept short, but a little messy. His button up shirt and vest already had a little dust on them from his inspecting some of the tomes and books. "I'm Troy Havershan, the new librarian...well starting tomorrow. I was told you would be my assistant." He held his hand out to her, offering to help the young lady up from her knees.

• Like 2

"Wha- GAH!" Anpu screamed out into the air, frightened by the sudden appearance of an unknown figure @Thatannoyinggod. She instinctively pulled herself back, in her current position almost falling to the floor. "I~You- Who~? What?" She asked in an uncoherent train of questions. She took a deep breath, calming herself down.

"S-sorry." She started timidly, embarassed more by the lack of intelligibility in her sentence rather than the outburst itself. "I just didn't expect- New librarian? W-what happened to Master Illrean?" She asked, her eyes widening. She accepted the hand hoisting her upwards. Her tail swirled around her body, defensively, as she grew self-conscious to her rather messy appearance. Myrddin would likely just throw some lewd (and frankly, not too far from truth) remark at her, but she wasn't sure how to approach this new... librarian. What a great way to make a first impression. The wolf-girl seemed to calm down, if not for a vivid flush of embarassment on her cheeks. "You asked for me then, Master... Havershan?" She asked, having some trouble to adjust to the name. She started to fix the more disorderly parts of her clothing, sincerely hoping that the new librarian would not notice two firm nipples poking through the thin material of her school uniform's shirt.

Edited by Icarian Dreams
  • Love 1

When she @Icarian Dreams screamed, he jumped back a little. "What the-" He couldn't say much more than that before the dog girl let out a string of incoherent questions. He let out a small sigh. I guess she wasn't told that there was a change in staff. Oh well, great way to start off. Hopefully she'll warm up to me sooner rather than later. He extended his hand again, giving her a small, reassuring smile when she took it, helping her up.

He rubbed the back of his head as she apologized and asked what happened to the previous librarian. "No need to apologize. You seemed a little upset or somethings so you might not have noticed my walking up on you. As for what happened to the other guy, all I was told was that something happened between him and the headmaster, and he was no longer employed here. I technically start tomorrow." He noticed her bring her fluffy, dark tail in a defensive position around herself. She looked a little ragged, but maybe she was taking a nap in her room before being woken up and asked to come here. She was pretty cute, her furry ears and tail made him want to start petting her, but he fought the urge. "Ah yeah. I was hoping to do a tour around the place before I officially start tomorrow. And I thought you might be the best person to help me out. I'm also looking for something the headmaster mentioned to me." He relaxed his standing, trying to show he wasn't a danger to the girl. Again with the master... I wonder if it has anything to do with her culture as a monster. He looked her over, watching her fix her clothing. He then noticed something a little odd... were those pink dots on her shirt. He immediately had a small red tinge grow to his face as he realized that her shirt was so thin that he could see her nipples poking at the white material. He quickly shifted his eyes back up to hers, hoping not to embarrass the poor girl. "Uh.. yeah. I'm looking for a magic seal, something that would counteract the effects of an old curse."

• Like 1

Master Illrean had a run-on with the headmistress? Anpu shook her head. Sure, he may not have been too... professional in his behaviours, but neither was the headmistress really. It must have been something really serious for him to get fired over it. On a first day of school nonetheless. Well, she wasn't going to be nosy, especially since it seemed that the matter rested only between Ms. Veronica and Myrddin.

Having adjusted her clothing - well as much as she were able to at least, she listened attentively to the man, eyeing him with curiosity. He looked... quite handsome, Anpu caught herself thinking. If not a little dusty. He had this casual-yet-orderly kind of feel about him. And so far he seemed quite nice. Anpu could see herself helping him around. In... more ways than one. "I'll be glad to assist!" She smiled, moving past the initial awkwardness. Hopefully she could just show him around without pouncing on the man in a mating attempt. He mentioned a magic seal... The Anubis knew the magic-related sections like the back of her hand. Well, most of them at least. "A counteracting seal?" She thought for a moment. "The books on magic are in sections five and six, but depending on the curse, you might need to look in section thirteen or fourteen." She mentioned, heading towards the part of the library the human just left. "These are the... restricted sections, on the upper floor." She stated, gesturing to a set of gated-off bookshelves, located right above the librarian's desk. "Master Illrean never let me in there. I may not be of much help." Anpu said, staring at the ground in a slight sense of shame from not quite being able to assist in the entire search.

She led the man to the fomerly mentioned sections of the hall, embracing the mystique chill coming from the surrounding spelltomes. She'd read so many of these in the past, always fruitless with her efforts in magic. It must have been as Myrddin told her - Anubi just weren't made to wield arcane power. She would have to get back to that tome he gave her. Although now that he was gone... she wondered how much of the book he managed to translate. It seemed she would have to double-down studying her Ancient. But now, she looked around the vast shelves surrounding the two. Thankfully, these sections she did manage to organize last year, so the search wouldn't be too burdensome. She did need to know what she was looking for though.

"I-I don't want to be impolite, Master Havershan, but what exactly is the curse you are trying to dispel?" She asked shyly. Matters like these usually were quite personal, and after all, she didn't want to offend the librarian.

• Love 1

When she seemed excited to help him, he smiled happily. He felt relieved that the idea of helping him made her relax so quickly. He listened intently as she explained where the sections that could contain his answer were. "Well, let's check the normal section first, and if we can't find them there, we can check the restricted area. I hope you know where the key might be kept." Then again, its not like I couldn't see if just touching it might mess up the lock and let us in. He didn't like using his curse in that kind of manner, but in this case, it could be seen as a forgivable moment. When she mentioned that the previous guy wouldn't let her go up there, he tried to speak relaxed, but it came out much firmer than he meant. "Well, this time I will need you to join me. I still need to work on learning several of the monster languages that many of these books seem to be wrote in, and I assume you can, so I'll need as much of your time as you can offer." 

He followed the girl through the aisles, failing at his attempts to keep his eyes from watching her hips sway in the skirt she wore. The tail seemed to keep catching his attention and bringing his gaze to her lower half. He had a mental battle in his head over the fact that she was very attractive, even exotic, but she was also his assistant and a student.

When she asked him of the nature of the curse he mentioned, a chagrined smile grew on his face. "Well, I guess you ought to know if we are going to spend a lot of time together. I have had a curse on me for many years now. Do you know of Murphy's Law? Well I cause that with any technological or some mechanical things I touch. The headmaster said she didn't know of a cure, but she does know of a seal that might be in one of these books that I can place around the library daily and it will negate my curse within the library, making me a bit more able to do my job, heh."

Edited by Thatannoyinggod

Anpu had to admit that the idea of visiting the restricted section of the library was quite thrilling. She tried not to let it show, but the exciting wagging of her tail easily betrayed her emotions at the librarian's comment. "O-of course! I think the key will be somewhere at the desk. One of the secret compartments maybe..." She said, feeling a bit uneasy, talking about the library's secrets with someone else than Myrddin.

The two stepped slowly through the magic section of the library. She was unconscious of the slightly exaggerrated movement of her hips, caused likely by the state she was in. She listened carefully to what the man had to say about his affliction, and, although he would not see it, blushing slightly at the notion of them spending more time together.

Murphy's Law... She stopped for a moment, going through the human history in her mind. Eddie Murphy? No, didn't sound like it was about him. Ah, right. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. It was referenced in one of the books she read a while back. She pulled herself back to reality. "Right..." She started to think out loud, stopping before one of the bookshelves. "I think On Charms and Fortune listed a similar incident... It's mostly theory though..." she recalled. She scanned through the various titles. "Seals for Dummies... too basic, Hundred and One Countercharms... these were about active counterspellings... we need something persistant.." Her eyes moved over to the higher shelves. "Common Curses and How to Break Them" She looked for a moment at the tome, trying to recall the contents. "No, this is not a common curse..." She sighed. "We should be looking at the higher levels, this is all too basic..." She looked around for a moment, searching for something to let her reach higher, before quickly moving outside of the section, returning with a small ladder under her arm. She placed it against the bookshelves.

"Could you maybe hold it, Master? These things can be quite wobbly." She asked Troy, climbing the wooden steps. She stopped mid-climb, as she realized something. "Or maybe just catch me if I fall... We wouldn't want to... with your...you know.." The wolf-girl mumbled, slightly flustered.

He listened as she rattled off the various book titles that he hadn't heard of before. In his experience, he hadn't much interaction with any spell books or magic tomes, the public library not having many. He had one time looked for some to research his curse, but there was no help that he could find.

He was beginning to be very impressed with the girl. She seemed a little jumpy earlier, but when she was working and looking for what she needed, she seemed very professional. He still couldn't get past how cute she was...and how much he wanted to pet her and feel the spot of soft looking fur, but he also could see she had a sharp mind. He liked that. Maybe this won't be so awkward for long. Sweet. 

When she started to pull the ladder over, he took a little step back to make sure he wasn't in the way. At her worry of his curse making the ladder break, he chuckled. "Don't worry. As long as I don't touch the hinges, it will be fine. I've learned where is good to touch and where things can... happen." At the mention of catching her if she fell, he was happy she was facing up so she wouldn't see the blush growing more and more. The image of her falling into his arms, their bodies that close to each other made him have a split second desire that she would fall. He stood behind her and watched the ladder, making sure it was stable. She continued to look through the shelves as he stood there. Then, she shifted and the ladder began to tilt. "Anpu!" And like she said could happen, he immediately moved towards her to intercept her fall, holding his arms out to make sure the girl didn't get hurt.

• Love 1

Standing on the tallest steps of the ladder, Anpu lost herself in the wall of titles that rested before her. Merlin's Manuscripts, Gygax' Grimoire, White Tome of Zavosh. Many of these names Anpu didn't know, but those that she did recognize, usually filled her with awe. Of course, these were still likely only copies of the original ones, and presumably not the most powerful grimoires of these authors, but it still made an impression on the Anubis. She haven't reached many of these books yet in her studies, as many of them required magical capabilities greater than, well... none.

The librarian girl looked a bit further to the side, catching a glimpse of a green tome, with runes written in Ancient. She squinted her eyes, trying to decipher the writing. It was barely legible. She took a step towards the tome, leaning slightly towards it. From here she could see just the ending of the title: "(...) Nullifications". This might have been what they were looking for! She took another, hoping to get closer, but this time, her leg didn't find the support it sought, thrusting into the empty space with just a bit too much force. She desperately flailed around, trying to find the step, as the ladder started to lean to the side under her weight. "AaAAH!" She screamed, feeling the ground shift from under her feet. Her hands went towards the shelf, desperately grabbing onto the wood, as the contraption was sent flying to the ground. Anpu closed her eyes, moments before the loud crashing sound resonated from below.

The wolf-girl opened her eyes, breathing heavily. She felt the texture of the shelf under her fingers, firmly holding onto it with one hand. Her feet dangled in the air, unable to find support, as she hanged off the bookshelf, giving Troy a more than satisfactory look up her skirt on the white, plain panties. Still a bit stretched after her interaction with Scarlet, they showed maybe a bit more than the girl would have wanted. The Anubis, however, seemed not to realize her compromising position, instead focusing entirely on the green book above. Prospero's Lexicon of Nullifications the girl deciphered, as her fingers started to slowly lose traction. She took a quick look down, noticing the man below her, then, in a single motion, she pulled herself up, grabbed the book, and finally felt her fingers slip off the shelf, sending her straight down.

• Love 1

His heart about jumped out his his chest with it pounding so hard. One second she was up there, maybe stretching a little further than she really should have been, and then the next second the ladder was clattering to the ground and she was dangling above him. His eyes darted to the ladder and then straight up, looking right into her skirt. He caught a glimpse of her sweet pink lips as the panties she wore seemed to be a hair too big or something. Well, I'm never going to get that image out of my head for a while. "Anpu! Just let go, I promise I will catch you." He saw her grab a book and then did as he told her and fell.

He cupped his arms and stabilized his legs, bracing for her. She was less heavy than he thought she was going to he when she landed in his arms in a princess carry position. He saw the boom clutched in her hands. "Damn! Don't ever do that again! Even for a book. You could have been seriously hurt. Do you understand me?" He reprimanded her as he continued to hold her in his arms, not quite wanting to release her yet. His words were harsh and they were more like an order than a scold. He also had a quiver of worry and his eyes stared directly into hers, conveying a stern, but caring look in them. His arm at her upper body was wrapped under her upper back, his hand holding her shoulder while his hand at her lower body was in the crooks of her knees, supporting and pressing her against his chest.

• Love 1

Anpu closed her eyes as she felt herself glide towards the floor, her arms crossing across the book, pressing it closer to her chest protectively. She really hoped her trust in the librarian was well-placed. She gasped, as she felt her limbs press against Troy's arms, managing to soften the fall enough so that the girl didn't get hurt. She took a moment to stabilize her breathing. She didn't anticipate so much strength in the man's arms, as he seemed to handle her almost effortlessly.

"Y-yes, Master Havershan. Sorry." She pulled her ears to her head as he reprimended her. Her rationality told her that she did right and got the most out of the situation, but the commanding voice of the man silenced that notion, making the Anubis coyfully admit her fault. She avoided his gaze, directing her own to the ground. The position he held her in felt quite embarassing, but the way his hands grasped her firmly, pressing her against his chest, made her heart skip a beat. Her legs shifting slightly to hide a lewd warmth that she felt in her crotch. Her cheeks burned red under his stern look, and the wolf-girl felt her breasts press even harder against the white material of her shirt.

• Love 1

The surprising strength in his body came from a life of walking everywhere due to causing cars and bikes that he touched to stop working and fall apart (respectively). He also was used to carrying heavy stacks of books on a daily basis, so he got plenty of exercise and workouts throughout his life.

He sighed when he saw her bring her ears close to her head. He wasn't going to apologize, meaning the words that he said. He noticed that he was still holding the wolf girl, feeling the warmth of her body pressed against his. He could even feel her soft breasts pressing a little against him as she shifted her body around. He let her down, putting her back towards the shelf. He stood in front of her, if his arms were stretched forward, he would be pinning her to the shelf, but thankfully his hands rested on his hips. "Good. Now, what is the book that you found and risked your safety for? Could it be what we were looking for?" He looked at the green tome that she held close to her body, not even recognizing the strange script that the title was written in. "And can you read it? Because I... I don't even recognize the language." He gingerly lifted the ladder, unconsciously gripping it in a way that he wouldn't touch the hinges, and placed it back where he saw she grabbed it from.

Anpu let an almost inaudible gasp, as she felt herself getting put back on her feet. He was still close enough that she could feel the scent of his perfume... or was it just how humans smelled? She couldn't tell, but it made it even more difficult for the girl to focus. Ugh. A part of her just wanted him to pin her to the wall of books, tear this skirt off her, and fuck her until she couldn't even walk. Calm yourself down Anpu. Don't act like a weirdo. She reprimended herself, just slightly biting her lip.

"Oh!" She exlaimed at his words, having almost forgotten about the book. She tried her best to push the lewd thoughts away. Why did he have to be so attractive when she was so... vulnerable. "Yes, Master, I... I think so. Majority of it at least. The language is what humans called 'Ancient'. It was used where... I come from, ages ago. I guess it's our equivalent to latin." She turned the book around, taking a look at the cover. "It's a 'Lexicon of Nullifications'" She informed, calming her heartbeat, as the man stepped back to carry away the ladder. She stroked the cover with the back of her hand a couple times, removing dust from it. "It looks like a good place to start." She wasn't really sure if the book held what they were looking for, but something in her heart told her that it was just the one. She looked at the shelves for a moment more, wondering whether she should grab a couple more, just in case. Since the ladder was already taken away, she didn't have much choice in that matter, so she just turned her step towards the reading desks near the middle of the room.