Suggestions.

Suggestions for familiars:

• Unless your character has one from the start, you need to find a way to acquire one
  • You can use any means you can think of, as long as it makes logical sense - for instance, taming, conjuring/summoning, alchemy, magic etc.
  • Its number of abilities reflect those you have OR how long  you have had it and things like training can have an impact.
  • The abilities it can learn will have to be fairly simple, but can still be powerful
  • They are usually "simpleminded", meaning regular talking is instead more beastial noises and any communication is telepathically done with their master

Let me know what you guys think so far.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Thatannoyinggod said:

Nice! I'll add in a suggestion for human characters to have familiars,if everyone agrees that it makes sense. Since humans don't have abilities really, maybe their familiars could have abilities that could help support their interests or skills

I agree on that. Through rituals, alchemy or magic. At least these makes most sense to me.

• Like 1

Looks like a really... niche idea. Not sure if we really need to have things like these specified in detail. I'd say if the familiar is not too impactful, players can just add it as an ability, and if it's more like a separate character (more of a companion rather than familiar), then we have a thread for those as well. No need to 'officially' list further specifications or limitations.

Sounds like unnecessary rule cluttering to me.

• 1 month later...

Suggestion: Could we have a place for staff's (and other characters') houses/dwellings like students have dorms? I feel like giving only students a 'private' place to roleplay in is quite limiting, and expanding that onto other characters would open up some interesting possibilities.

• Like 1

Just now, Icarian Dreams said:

Suggestion: Could we have a place for staff's (and other characters') houses/dwellings like students have dorms? I feel like giving only students a 'private' place to roleplay in is quite limiting, and expanding that onto other characters would open up some interesting possibilities.

That's not a bad idea. Especially with the growing amount of characters that are a part of the city, but not the school, and a staff.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2020 at 02:49, Icarian Dreams said:

Sorry for only seeing this now? Do you think it should have its own separate tab?

• 3 months later...

Hm... it would definitely give some more areas to do stuff. If you did that, I could see an event also being available: Field trip to the monster world/lands. It would give the humans a good chance to get some seeing of the monsters, and monsters could show off a bit and maybe let their monstrous natures out more 

• Like 1

I'll advocate against that - having the academy be a self-contained setting helps in keeping it cohesive and sets the right scope for the setting. Not to mention, there's already plenty of areas to write in.

While an idea like a trip to monster lands sounds great, I'd see it work better in more of a "side-story" kind of system, where a thread (or threads) are set up just for that specific premise. I've been doing stuff like that in EcchiTexts so far, and it's been working quite well, but if we want a more public way of doing things, that's what I'd suggest.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, Kitsuyumia said:

As celebration for 100 members I suggest a special celebration event like a school sports festival day, or a school camping trip, or even a beach trip!

While I appreciate the suggestions and notion, I have been trying to get an event started for a long time now, but people seem to refuse to help me with it.

Off-campus events can be hard to pull off. Too many people would be posting in the same topic, for instance.

The beach would be in the town topic.
School camping trip would be too.