Saeki's Room

Tamamo nodded to confirm the statement said by Hiro. It was best anyway that she doesn't go in the bathroom at all in her clean state. However, it meant that she wasn't sure of what to do while she would wait in the room so for now she only watched him until he finally proposed the idea to lay down on the bed. This seemed like a good idea but then Hiro stopped talking and headed to pick something to turn on one strange object in the room. Tamamo's eyes suddenly widened as she approached slowly and cautiously. She saw the nature alright but it moved inside that thing. It made the fox stare at it like it was some kind of alien thing, turning around it but not coming too close just in case. She slowly looked behind it but she saw nothing. "H-how did you seal these animals inside and that voice, why is there a human inside? Or... This is a gate, isn't it?". She could hear the sound well with her ears and she really looked confused by the thing. Her eyes looked toward Hiro and if he left her to guess on her own, she would just focus on the tv itself, moving closer and finally try to touch it, only to be stopped by the screen. She slid her fingers against it but there was no opening. Stepping back, she watched what it was showing: A world similar to hers but different, explained by the voice talking. Her attention was absorbed by the tv for a bit until she looked at the remote and moved closer to pick it. Looking at it, it was easy to figure she understood nothing of it and the very rare words she knew how to read were not on this remote. With hesitation, Tamamo tried and touch one only to make the tv channel change, what surprised her. Even if she tried to press another button to find the channel again, all she could do was change to another new channel. Her ears lowered as she knew right away that it would be a lost cause. Preferring not to destroy anything in case the remote could do that, she put it back down near the tv and stepped back to the bed to sit down, watching curiously whatever was airing on that channel for the moment.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

Once Hiro was about to leave to the bathroom, he is stopped momentarily by Tamamo's somewhat worried tone. Yet, Hiro continued to smile, albeit pensively, as he looked back to her. Just before he left to shower, he decided to inform her of a quick thing, raising an index finger as an idle gesture while explaining himself. "Humans have a technological device that can capture a moment in time, called a video camera. Meanwhile, that there is called a te-le-vi-sion." He says so, in syllables whilst pointing at the TV screen, hoping she would understand it. "There's no animals, humans or monsters sealed in the television, it just projects what was recorded by the video camera device I mentioned. I'm fairly certain that the animals you're seeing are alive, healthy and well, in case you're wondering! You're free to touch it, by the way, just try not to break it!" He's already in the bathroom as he shouts that last part out to her, letting her do her thing. After that, she's allowed to go through the process of experimenting with the remote and touching the screen.

In the bathroom, the water finally stops flowing after a while, and a little bit of water splashing noises are heard, presumably Hiro got into the water. Currently, the TV would be projecting the news channel to Tamamo, which would basically be a human woman behind a desk, holding some papers in her hands and explaining what's going around in Sunveil and other cities, such as New London, to give an example. It seems to be the global news that thoroughly always goes through each and every important place on Earth, be that a country, city or a singular building that has worldwide recognition.

• Like 1

With the explanation given, Tamamo calmed down but still couldn't help being curious about the TV but when she finally give up to watch it instead, she had tried to mess with the remote a little unsuccessfully. At least now she knew that humans had a way to record things around and project it, whatever it meant. It was good to know even though she didn't understand it yet. For now, she was looking at what she was seeing, oddly sitting comfortable on the bed while her tails rested down on the bed and against each others. She wasn't even paying attention anymore to what Hiro was doing on his side. The news showed text news that she couldn't read anyway so all she could do was watch the human and whatever report they had. At this moment, she was seeing a little how big the human world really was. Of course what she saw paled in comparison to what the real thing was but the few places she saw were places she never saw before. Whenever a human spoke, either to report the news or when they were interviewed about something, Tamamo was able to listen. She didn't understand everything nor every words but the ones she understood gave her good idea of what she watched. The fox however didn't really understand the meaning of such words as she had no idea how politics or human cultures and stuff worked. Still, right now, she looked like a calm fox girl watching and being absorbed by the TV, sitting comfortable on the bed and being quiet for a good while.

• Like 1

With her being absorbed into the TV and all, she wouldn't even realize how time flies by rather quickly. Whenever you're distracted by something, time is bound to go by fast, and so it did. Either that, or Hiro just finished his bath rather quickly. It is unknown how much time passed by, but soon enough water splashing noises are heard, coming from inside the bathroom. After that, water going down the drain is heard, then soon enough, after a few faint shuffling noises, the bathroom door opens, revealing Hiro who is now wearing different clothing, that being comfortable gray shorts and a different white shirt, though one that doesn't have any buttons. His glasses were hanging on the collar of his shirt, while he was using his hands to dry his hair with a towel, with swift movements. He had his eyes closed, though in the meantime he'd walk over to the bed, taking off the towel and opening his eyes. His hair was rather messy and obviously still wet, but he didn't mind that. If allowed or uninterrupted, he would sit down on the side of the bed, looking over to Tamamo. "Enjoying the tee-vee, hmm? Tee-vee's the shortened version of television, by the way. Looks like the global news were more interesting to you than the forests and nature, huh!" He seems perplexed about that, but he still had a bright smile on his face, letting out a chuckle as he enjoyed the fact that Tamamo was so invested in this piece of technology. He'd fix up his fair for a moment with his hands, only so that it's not in his eyes' way, only so he could take his glasses and put them on properly, only now looking more like Hiro. Glasses make people look different, in a way.

• Like 1

Tamamo would hear the sounds but her attention would be taken by the tv for now. It wasn't much that the news was so interesting to her but more that anyway, it's all she could watch and she was seeing many different things at once in this rectangle box. She was quiet enough that even her tails didn't really move. Her attention was only really taken away a bit when Hiro came to sit near her, where she looked at him some. Him sounding like he was mocking her only managed to make her pout in denial. "That's not true... Whatever they are talking about, it's because of your magic wand. It wouldn't obey me...", she said as she got up, looking upset. Tamamo went to the remote and tried to use it the same way she did before but all she manages to do this time was turn on the volume, which scared her being so close to the tv at that time. "T-this thing doesn't like me. It does not obey me and it took away the forest and the animals." She turned around to Hiro, seeming a bit furious. "How do you humans deal with that? There's so many things inside and it just does as it pleases..." Tamamo finally gave up, looking depressed and going to sit near Hiro again, dropping the remote nearby that she didn't want to look at anymore. Only thing she did for now what pouting about it.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

About this whole situation, Hiro seemed rather delighted and enjoyed her furious reactions. They seemed sort of funny to him, but at the same time, the more she did it, the more worried he got, even though his expressions didn't show. He hears out her words and looks at her walk closer to the TV, then back to him, eyeing the remote for a moment before standing up, grabbing it to wherever she tossed it and walked back to her, sitting down next to her. "Oh, trust me, if you know what buttons you're pressing, this magic wand will obey you, Tamamo!" He raised his hand closest to her, only to give her a reassuring pat on the head that lasted quite a few seconds, hoping that would make her feel better at least by a small percentage. Once he let go of her head, he leaned closer to her, him not seeming to mind how close he is to her, as he pays attention to explaining her something. He hovers the remote above her lap, showing it to her. "Here, I'll show you. These two buttons here move the channels around, or basically what you want the box to project to you." He pointed out with his index finger in the meantime, at two buttons, one above the other. One had a triangle pointing upwards, the other had one pointing downwards. He pressed the one downwards, and suddenly the channel changes. He then presses it again, and suddenly the nature comes back, showing what seems to be wolves, as the human narrator explains their natural habitat. They're really beautiful creatures, though it seemed to be the end of the topic, as soon enough it actually starts presenting foxes. Hiro looks up at the screen and smiles with glee, a little bit of his teeth showing from his grin as he looks back over to Tamamo, curious about her reaction to the current topic at hand in the TV, that being foxes. Not nine tailed, but still adorable. In the meantime, he also used two similar buttons, to turn down the volume back where it was.

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

Tamamo had a certain attitude but it calmed down when he spoke to her again, as he seemed willing to show her how it was being used. The patting made her keep her pouting face for a bit longer but it was clear she enjoyed it. When presented with the buttons, she looked at the remote with him and tried to learn what she was shown. With the button press, the tv reacted to his command and changed. Like this, it looked easier than she thought. When the forest came back again, her curiosity was triggered again. The wolves looked like nice creatures but she never had the luck to meet with any before. They weren't exactly close to her home. As she thought, she couldn't see much else surprising, the sight of fox suddenly made her react with her ears poking up and her tails also moving at once while her eyes became sharp and staring. It took her a moment before she pointed at the screen. "The foxes! Why are the foxes there?", she exclaimed as she stared for a while longer until she seemed to realize something. "W-wait, they are not the same foxes... Oh..." Tamamo moved closer to the screen, looking at them. It took another moment before she really relaxes her body and just enjoy the sight for a good while. Finally, she turned to Hiro with a determined expression, her fists closed in front of her chest. "One day, I will be ruling over them. I have to work hard to learn everything first, though." The fox girl took a look back to the tv before she return to him, ready to learn more if at least Hiro had more to teach her about this tv and its remote buttons or else.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

Hiro just looks at Tamamo as she has her small outburst about foxes, delighted that she had a somewhat positive reaction towards seeing them.  It doesn't look like he had anything else to say, he just simply watched her get closer to the TV and then back again to him. In case she remained standing, he scooted closer to her so that he was sitting close to her, but if she sat back down, he pretty much did the same thing. Looking back at her when she looked at him, he has a determined smirk on his face as well, loving the fact how she has a great goal in life, unlike himself, at this point in time. Feeling the need to just give her even more pats on the head, only because she's really adorable and she deserves it, he did so, for a few seconds, all while in the meantime he said his opinion out loud. "Oh, I'm sure you're going to be ruling over them. Not sure how much help I will be in that regard, but I'm positive the academy will lead you to the right place!" He said, in response to her words, letting go of her head once more and then, after she said her response, if she had any, he began idly explaining to her the magic wand, that being the TV remote, explaining all important buttons on it. Buttons that are not always used, he simply just explains as such, that they should be ignored.

Meanwhile, the TV continued to present and show the nature and the animals living inside of it, moving on from foxes to deer and other larger creatures, like bears.

Even though both of them had a refreshing bath, it's not like that can take off any fatigue. Soon enough, Hiro starts looking tired once again, even yawning like he did earlier, covering his mouth with a hand, though he wouldn't mention anything about being tired to Tamamo, unless the topic is brought up by her.

• Like 1

Tamamo relaxed from the pats this time, not pouting at the least. Sitting near him, she just kept an eye on the tv. With him encouraging her, she even put on a smile. "You're already helping by teaching me. And I will learn more by being here.", she said nodding to herself. When it came to the remote, she listened and watched carefully. It would take a while for her to figure out but she would soon realize it was more simple than it seemed at first. The button that scared her earlier was to make the tv louder and its opposite to make it quieter. It finally made sense. There wasn't any threat to it after all and watching this device was entertaining. Tamamo came to learn a bit of how many animal kinds existed. Humans, animals, monsters... There was a lot more to this world than it looked from within her forest.

When Hiro finally yawned, the contagious feeling got her to give a yawn too. And so she blinked and realized that even she felt the need to nap right now. She had gotten a bath, walked all over the academy, learned so many things and it was only the start but for now, a small nap would not hurt. At least this is what she had in mind. "We're both tired again... Maybe I should head back to my bed and sleep. I don't think I can take this much longer..." Slowly, the fox girl stretched out and stood up. "But now I know how to use the magic box. I don't know how to use that um... what you said before. What I left in my room. Maybe you can teach me later." She asked, thinking it wasn't the moment right now. A bed was much more tempting than anything else and there was always the next day to learn whatever more.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

Again, Hiro heard her out, though this time not as attentively as before, due to him being somewhat tired, despite being freshened up by a bath. He nods a couple of times to Tamamo's words, acknowledging them and reassuring them with his own words. "Mhm, yeah. Since now you know where my room is, you can always find me here. I'll most likely be here tomorrow, or even later today since it's not even that late yet, but yeah. I don't know which room is yours, so most likely you'll have to be the one finding me, unless you can tell me your room number." He chuckles, though somewhat nervously, hoping that he and Tamamo definitely will be able to interact more in the future. Today was definitely a fun day, but it tired him, for sure. In case Tamamo wants to leave, he doesn't stop her and lets her, smiling at her, though suddenly having a slight feeling in his chest that doesn't want to let her go, but he has to. Why would he be attracted to her like that, anyway? After all, they've only known each other for a few hours, yet those few hours felt like an eternity, if you're having fun, which he definitely did. To him, it feels like he has somebody to care about, even though they very well can protect themselves. It was nice to not be alone for a few hours of the day, and this is something that he will definitely remember. "I'll teach you more stuff some other time, I promise. Until then, I guess, take care, and try not to get into trouble!" He said so, closing his eyes with a rather pensive expression, though he reopens them soon enough, watching her moves carefully.

• Like 1

Tamamo simply nodded to what he said at first, glad there can be a next time but the end of it gave her this disappointed look with ears down. It was not even against Hiro or anything but rather that while she recognized the symbol on her door, she wasn't sure how to actually name it by word. After a couple of seconds, she got a pensive expression then like a lightbulb lit in her head, she came back closer to him. "I don't know how it's named but I can show you.", she said before trying to describe or mimic the number with her fingers to him, repeating a few times so he sees it well. "This, is where I stay. You can come see me if you like but not yet... I'll be sleeping. When I'm awake, you can show me.". Then she stepped back, ready to leave. She didn't really notice anything that Hiro seemed to feel and even then, she hardly understood those things despite her past experience with a human. Most likely, she wasn't feeling the same as he did either. She had met with him only recently and while he even bathed her or at least helped, to Tamamo, it was pretty much something normal to do. When finally told to take care, she gave him a nod. "I won't get in troubles, I think... I will be careful." And with this, she left his room so he could rest as well, considering how tired he looked like himself anyway.

Once outside, back to being alone, she started feeling like she usually does. Back to her old habit except she was now clean and smelled good, combined with her washed clothes. All she had to do now is return to her room and so she did. Once there, alone and safe, she headed straight to her bed and removed her kimono but kept everything else so she was merely topless for the night, mostly to be comfortable. The bed she climbed on felt really nice too after such a day. It didn't take too long before Tamamo finally finds her position to sleep and close her eyed, taken away to dreamland barely minutes later until hours come to pass.

[Continue?]

Edited by Seraphina
  • Love 1