Hallway.

It being a completely new day after the previous exhausting one, the human boy known as Hiroshigae Saeki, otherwise known as Hiro, would exit his room to take a stroll around the academy grounds and write some things down in his little notebook. Today was a free day, luckily. Walking down the hallway, he would notice somebody he hasn't seen before in the past month of living here. It looked like a humanoid nine-tailed fox, a creature he definitely has seen on TV, but not in real life. @Seraphina He's not the one to begin conversations at all, but this time he decides to finally muster up his courage. He quickly writes down some things in his notepad at an unusually fast speed, pushing up his glasses with a finger as he approaches the girl. "U-Uhm... I haven't seen you around... Are you new?" He asks as he stutters a little bit, nervously, putting on a slight smile whilst looking up at the youkai. The stuttering could definitely be worse, but it surprisingly isn't. The first thing the girl could notice is how the presumably human boy is having a hard time trying to keep eye contact with her, but overtime that will change.

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

Tamamo woke up inside her room the next day, remembering she wasn't at home anymore. It felt strange but it was something to adapt to now that she was here. Unsure of what time it was, she left her comfortable bed, adjusted her clothes that she'd have to clean later then left her room. First thing she did was giving her body a good stretch, her tails following the movement before her body relaxed all at once. A voice made her ears twitch before she could decide what she would be doing, making her look toward the human who was definitely talking to her and nobody else. Tamamo's eyes watched him carefully before she nodded. "Yeah, I think I arrived yesterday. I don't know how long I've slept...", she said, still waking up from her rest that lasted no longer than 10 or so hours. The fox girl finally turned to him, raising an eyebrow as she looked at him better. He looked like a human to her but was he really just a human? For a youkai or at least for her, it was interesting to see him be so nervous around her, making her smirk slightly. "I don't bite humans or anyone... Even though I'm starting to be hungry.", she teased, wondering if he was nervous or afraid of her even though she didn't look very threatening like this, with her small frame.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Love 1

He definitely looked like a human. He was wearing his usual set of clothes, those being a white button-up shirt, a black tie, black jeans and sneakers. It looked almost similar to the academy's own attire. Oh, and he also had glasses, gray eyes and gray hair. A little bit messy, but it's nothing to cry about. He carefully listens to her words, his pupils becoming slightly smaller than usual at her second sentence, probably after realizing the context. Her teasing definitely worked, because he took a step back. Two steps back. Three steps back... Four... He'd stop at his fourth step back, letting out a nervous chuckle, then speaking afterwards right away, now a reasonable distance being between the youkai and the human boy. "If you're hungry, you can a-always head to the dining hall!" He says so as he raises his notebook to cover his mouth with it, seeming to be just a little afraid. No matter the stature of any monster, he needs to be aware of his surroundings. He already learned that even small can be deadly. A cold sweat ran down his forehead, but he tried to seem nice, lowering the notebook. He's not exactly cowering in fear, he's just being overly cautious. Not wanting to really end the conversation there, he would try to make himself seem nice by continuing the chatter. "My name is Hiroshige, but Hiro is enough. I'm a first year s-student. Nice to m-meet you!" He gulps once, intently watching her as she reacts to him further.

• Like 1

Compared to him, Tamamo probably was dressed oddly to him wearing her purple kyuubi kimono and her white thighhighs made specially for her. Hardly noticeable paw marks decorated the padded soles, probably meant as part of her dress while her long blonde hair was decorated with an unusual ribbon. When he started stepping back, her green eyes watched him while she folded her arms and tilted her head to the side slightly. She didn't think a simple tease would have this much effect on a human but while she enjoyed the reaction, Tamamo moved closer to him again, slowly. "The dining hall...? This is where we eat, right? I really like the sound of that.", she spoke with a smile, thinking about food as her belly grumbled with subtlety. She observed him calmly until he finally mentioned his name and something familiar she heard before. "Oh, first year student? This is what the headmaster called me, too. Hiro, you say? I'm Tamamo No Mae but you can call me Tamamo. Maybe you can show me where we find the dining hall?", she asked but watched, keeping her distance for now, wondering if he was hungry himself or even willing to show her, with how he was right now.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

To him, Tamamo did have an interesting choice of outfits, but he never really questions that. There are some monsters out there who have literally no clothes on them, so there is nothing he could say about that, really. He did notice her stepping closer, but this time around he didn't step back, he simply tried to endure the nervousness. What's the worst that can happen to him, right? Another cold sweat runs down his forehead as he tries to smile properly, since before it was all weird and forced. "Ta...ma...mo? Nice n-name!" He spells her name just fine, deciding to compliment her for the sake of getting on her good side. "Yeah, I c-can show you to the dining hall. W-We can totally get going a-already!" He takes about four steps to the side whilst keeping his eye on Tamamo, simply going around her while trying to keep up that distance between them. He's already up front and walking, but in case she isn't walking with him, he would stop to look at her and wait. Once she does, however, he'd resume the pace. He turns around and walks backwards without a problem whilst looking at the youkai. It's a miracle he's not tripping. "S-So are you like... a Kyubi? Humanoid nine-tailed fox? It's the first time I'm s-seeing one in person..." He informs her, nervously snickering as he raises a hand to rub the nape of his own neck. He seems to be informed of her kind, at least visually and name-wise. At least, he hopes that he guessed right, anyway.

OOC: The Dining Hall thread is currently occupied, so to not disturb anyone, we can simply remain on this thread. Just thought I'd mention!

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

Tamamo didn't approach closer than she had to, only keeping an eye on him while she waited for an answer. It was hard not to notice how nervous he was but she didn't want to tease him more on the subject. With him pronouncing the syllables of her name, she smiled and looked even glad when he accepted to take her to where she can feed her demanding belly. Watching him turn around her, she waited that he was ahead before she finally followed. When she was asked about her kind, Tamamo looked like she was thinking before she answered. "I think so... I was born in the forest and dressed in these clothes made for me. The foxes of the forest said it was the kimono of Kyuubi and to keep it, I had to become stronger.", she explained not without a smile to her face. Something bothered her, though. "Are you really a human...? I thought this place only allowed monsters to be here...", she wondered curiously but perhaps she was wrong. Still, she couldn't help looking suspiciously at this presumed human who was so nervous around her.

Edited by Seraphina

Hiro makes sure to listen to anything that Tamamo says, he even mustered up the courage to properly walk next to her instead of just walking backwards, simply because he would like to see where he's going. He even opened up his notebook to start writing down some things on a brand new page, but he'd quickly pocket it afterwards along with his pen, hoping that no questions will be asked on why he really has a notebook. His attention is now fully on Tamamo, whilst also making sure to look at where he's going. "Become stronger, I see, I see..." He murmurs to himself in response to her monologue. Nervously, he'd raise a brow at her question, but he doesn't mind responding to it. He nods a couple of times before speaking. "Yeah, I'm a human. I was transferred here from some place else. Humans are allowed in this academy too, because they are able to learn magic, but... Me? I'm just here because humans have to go to a school or an academy at my age, no m-matter what." He explains while shrugging with his shoulders at his last sentence, pocketing his hands in his jeans as he continued to walk beside her, whilst also leading her slowly to the dining hall which actually isn't quite close from there, so they have the time to chat. Looking off to the side, he is quite curious about something. About Tamamo, in particular. "Uhmm... You keep saying you 'think so'... You seem unsure about yourself and your arrival... Why's that?" At his question directed to her, he turns his gaze back at her, tilting his head a bit. Humans tend to work in mysterious ways. This one in particular definitely does so, because he doesn't look as nervous anymore. Just a little chat, and he seems much more relaxed than when they first seen each other literally moments ago. Still a bit cautious, though.

• Like 1

Tamamo watched him get closer but didn't pay much attention to it nor really minded it. After hearing the answer she wanted, she actually didn't really question it anymore. Humans were not surprising to see and she didn't know who really was allowed to this academy but now she knew one of them was a human and not a monster.  Learning about them from closer probably would be easier than if they weren't anywhere close enough to get a good look at them. She still had to figure out all the ways of becoming stronger that she was explained before but there was no need to think about it right away. The question she received next seemed to trouble her a little and it was not because she didn't really know about herself but more because it was a little embarrassing, presuming he meant about when they first met. "I... I don't know how long I slept. This new place is still confusing, too. In the forest, there is not much to do so I sleep a lot.", she explained, hoping this wouldn't be what she is remembered for. She could not really explain the way she was raised even if she wanted to since there wasn't much to say. Or perhaps she was simply keeping some secrets for now.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

Hiro curiously listened to her reply once again, but it didn't seem like it satisfied him as much as he expected it to. He concluded in his mind that this youkai is playful and teasing, yet she's quite confusing when it comes to everything else. Keeping secrets is a logical conclusion as well, but he decides not to think about it too much, for now. It shouldn't concern him, because it's not any of his business. Not having any comments about her first remark, her second one caught his ears again. Narrowing his brows for a moment, he continued to smile. "Oh, believe me, there is much to do here. Since you're new here, things can get really confusing, but trust me, I think you will get used to it quickly. Lucky for you, today is a free day so there are no classes. If you want, I can show you where everything is in just under an hour, starting with the dining hall. How does that sound?" He asks, awaiting an answer, adding something at the end there. "Maybe we're even going to be in the same class as well. Who knows?" He shrugs, not seeming to have any problems if that were the case.

• Like 1

Tamamo simply smirked when she wasn't questioned about it anymore. She did not really want to talk much about her origins even though she might have revealed a few true or not details about it. She was not the kind to sleep for days so her own confusion about the time was merely due to being in a new place for the first time. For now, being told about having a lot to do made her wonder what exactly she would have to do but she guessed she would see in due time. A free day sounded nice and what she needed right now was food. "As long as we can eat first or I will have to resort to feed on something else to satisfy my tummy...", she teased again, simply for her amusement. The hunger was starting to get to her after all this time but she still gave no hints that she would try to take a bite of Hiro. His last words made her think and wonder about how classes worked and it sounded like they would be in group. "Same classes, huh...? I see...", Tamamo said calmly, looking a little uneasy about it but shook her head. "It will be alright. I have nothing to fear.", she said smiling again, trying to reassure herself.

• Like 1

Hiro nervously chuckled at her first response. "Don't you worry, the dining hall has plenty of things to satisfy your tummy. A bit of patience and we will be there in no time." He says so, but just in case he took a very small step away from her as he continued to lead her through the dorm building's main hallway. There was a few second silence after that, but Hiro decided to speak again. He doesn't like the unnerving silence. It makes things awkward. "If you have any questions about the academy or humans, I will try my best to answer them. I'm not the best source. Nowhere near it, but... I'll try!" He smiles at her in return, patiently awaiting her answer to his offer. In the meantime, they're forced to take a left turn on the hallway, which they do, with Hiro keeping up the lead. He sure hopes that he's not going to be a bad guide to Tamamo.

• Like 1

Hearing the good news about the dining hall made her ears actually perk up with excitement. With such thing to look forward to, she could be patient for sure. Tamamo was so excited she didn't notice him step back, rather thinking about food for a moment while she was also observing the surrounding cautiously. Him talking again broke her distraction to make her look at him. "I've been told to ask if I had questions and I did not expect this place to be so big...", she commented before giving herself a second to think. Clearly, she had troubles knowing where to even begin with them and it looked evident she at least had one or more. "How do you find yourself in this place? I never visited the city before so this new to me. Humans live in the cities while us kitsunes live in the forest.", she asked and explained, wondering how anyone actually lived in the cities or at least this academy that was as big as a city to her. Her eyes watched Hiro, hoping to hear a satisfying answer or explanation. For now, she felt like she was a little out of her world.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

Hiro kindly hears out her question to him, almost immediately replying after she finished speaking. "This place is really nice, in my opinion. I can understand how you feel, since it's your first time in the academy and in the city. I would be nervous too. Like I said, I was much more nervous when I first came here. I don't think you would've been able to even speak to me, if you want me to be honest." He lets out a chuckle at his own words, beginning to enjoy this chatter with Tamamo, even if it's about simply getting accustomed to the life among humans and other monsters of all kinds. "You will grow to like-.. no. You will grow to love the city and the academy in a short amount of time. I am sure of that. As long as you make a lot of friends and then you just know there's people you can trust, it's the best experience ever." He looks at her after saying all of that with a genuine tone in his voice, smiling at her, being rather hopeful and confident all of a sudden.

• Like 1

Tamamo listened carefully, trying to compute the information. The feeling she had herself was because she never stepped in there before and it appeared to be normal and mutual between different creatures. This information allowed her to calm down a little... There was plenty of time and space to settle in and find her place. She was not actually worried but there were a lot of aspects where she didn't feel comfortable yet. The second part of his explanations only reminded her of that, especially about trusting people and making friends. Obviously, her expression told that she had doubts but she tried to dispel them, looking at him. "I don't know if you're right but fine... You're not bad for a human. Maybe I'll enjoy myself here, after all. I have a room, all the food I need if what you say is true and there's much more to this place...", she said with a smirk, looking forward more and more to see what she'll find to eat.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

Hiro nodded at her remark. "Yeah, and if you feel unsafe, or you have any questions or concerns, you can always talk to a teacher or your friends. I'm certain you will meet the teachers on Monday, which is when classes start, in the morning. You will have to wake up early, but you have an alarm clock or your cell phone, and- Speaking of, do you have a cell phone? Every non-human was given one in this academy. Humans and monsters use cell phones to contact one another from far locations. If, for example, you feel like you cannot wake up at the right time for classes, I could call you and the sound will wake you up... hopefully." He explained so, chuckling lightly, hoping the big words that he was using wasn't too much of a hassle for her. She seemed to be a fluent speaker, despite not knowing much about her surroundings and humans, so that should be good, right? "I usually go with a friend of mine, but I'm positive she wouldn't mind you coming along as well." He smiles again as he mentioned that last part, as they got closer and closer to the large doors of the dining hall, but still having just a few more steps to go through. At least it was already visible in the distance.

• Like 1

Yet again, Tamamo appeared to be confused but with her registration, she was indeed given a few things. For the most, she understood none of it. She even left whatever weight she got in her room for a later use or to use as weapon if it was heavy enough. "An alarm cluck? Is this edible? I never understood why humans wake up to the sound of chicken...", she said with a straight face, being completely serious. "I got something when I came here but most of it felt useless so I left it where I slept. I guess magic relics sound helpful but I don't know what to do with them.", she finally said, seeming completely oblivious to any technology they used. Her dress and manners probably would give enough hint that she didn't come from a very advanced place, in fact not even living in any normal civilization, if any. The noticeable tattoos she bore above her chest would give a more tribal or ritualistic vibe around her. Her english accent may not be perfect but she at the least knew how to speak it enough to communicate. Lastly, she nodded to the last part of what he said. "If you wish, I do not mind...", she simply responded before her eyes turned to the dining hall's doors, clearly more interested by it at that moment.

• Like 1

Hiro raised an index finger to scratch at his cheek for just a moment, a cold sweat dropping down from his right temple while a bunch of things run through his mind. A quick nervous snicker escapes his mouth before he looked at her, straightening himself as he kept walking. "It's not a shame to not know a few things, but I certainly expected someone to explain you a couple of things before they accepted you here..." He said so, not sounding disappointed. It's not like it's her fault for not knowing things, but he's having a hard time thinking about whether he can afford helping her or not. After all, starting from scratch is like teaching a human baby to talk and walk, but the actual things that need to be taught are basic technology and pretty much anything else that is used to help you live a peaceful proper life in the human world. "...Anyway, no, an alarm clock isn't edible, nor it is magic. It is a technological device manufactured in the human world so that it can tell the time and make a sound to wake people up. Like a more advanced sundial. Simple." He spoke in a rushed tone, trying to get that information out of the way whilst also mentioning a tribal way of knowing the time, that being the sundial, hoping she knew what that is, at least. They approached the large heavy doors that Tamamo was already too excited to go through. Eventually, they do go through, arriving in the dining hall that has a couple of other monsters already in it. Judging how humans aren't super common in the academy, Hiro is practically the only human in there now. "Here we are!" He says so, as the scent of a bunch of food types hit both him and Tamamo. He looked around like he was exploring, despite him already being used to this place and knowing it like the back of his hand. The food is served at the counter, behind of which are monsters working to get food done of all kind. "The options are limitless. If you want, I can order food for you. Let me know what you want." He'd say in the end, looking over to her with a smile to see her reaction of the dining hall.

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

Tamamo felt like she was being somewhat scolded and her ears lowered down following her expression. "It wasn't easy for me to come here... Besides, I have to learn what you humans and other monsters do right? In fact, I learned to talk from books written by humans.", she said, with a new smile before she turned to Hiro. "I knew a human before you... She landed in the forest where I live after a fight with monsters and she taught me. She had to go back to humans after she recovered, though.", explaining while suddenly looking up with an pondering expression. Tamamo didn't really explain what happened between her and the girl but she probably thought about her now like if she didn't see her in a while. Her eyes moved back down after a moment and she put a finger in front of her lips. "No telling anyone, though.", she finally said, leaning forward with a smirk before turning around to enter the building. She did let Hiro guide her to the right place and when there, her eyes laid on the monsters there. The scent did well to give her a salivating expression fitting her current hunger level. She was teased and pleased already, forgetting that she wasn't alone. With the offer to help her, she nodded. "Meat...! Bring me meat! Any of it but nothing bad.". Tamamo would follow him even if he ordered, curiously looking at the place for the first time.

• Love 1

As she lowered her ears, he noticed that and made sure to watch his words better in the future, but in a sense he still believed that he is right. Entering the dining hall at once and making his suggestion, he happily listens for her response about his offer, though also definitely keeping in mind about her story about meeting a human, and that he shouldn't tell anyone about it, for some reason. It didn't look like he had much to say about that, as it seemed to be a mere 'coincidence story' for him. In any case, Hiro nodded at Tamamo and went up to the counter, opening up a menu book that revealed all the food items available for today. He'd scroll, until he'd reach items related with meat. He didn't mind her following him, in fact, he found it somewhat adorable that she's curious and swayed by food. As long as she's not eating any humans or other monsters, it can only be peaceful. That's what he thinks, anyway. "I think I could go for some steak and potatoes. That one is a great combination, possibly the best meat dish here. Let's get that, it's good, trust me!" He looks at Tamamo with a confident smile, seeming excited himself to be eating something delicious again. After deciding what to go with, he'd press the bell at the counter, waiting for a monster to come pick up his order. He orders two plates of garlic butter steak and potatoes, the monster chef nodding once. "...And now, we wait!" He informs Tamamo, as he leaned against the counter with an elbow. While they wait for the food, he would simply look at her and her excited reactions. "You know, you're not that scary as I thought you'd be...!" He nervously chuckles, raising up a hand to give Tamamo a small pat on the head. He learned a while ago that almost every monster with big fluffy ears like Tamamo's will always have a positive reaction to head patting, so he definitely hopes he succeeds with that, but... It's not like she is going to be able to react to it for too long, because the two smaller porcelain plates full of food are brought out on a larger plastic plate, next to it some metal cutlery, which Hiro turns to and grabs, motioning Tamamo to come with him to one of the wide tables. He places down the large plastic plate on the table and sat down, taking one of the smaller plates out to place it in front of Tamamo, wherever she went. "Here you go! You can eat it however you want, but I recommend using cutlery if you know how to. Careful not to stab yourself by accident, though.." He said, a bit worried in case she went for using cutlery. They both had dull metal knives, sharp enough to cut the cooked steak, as well as metal forks. Hiro used both of those to dig into his own food, but he carefully looked at Tamamo to see what she did. On the plates, they had potatoes and steaks, all seasoned perfectly and cooked to exact perfection.

• Like 1

Upon hearing the suggestion by Hiro, Tamamo licked her lips. Now, her entire attention was on the food she was going to get. Waiting was fine, she was so close to it that she knew it was coming anyway. Her tails could be seen moving with her swaying butt while she waited but it didn't take long before her attention was drawn back to Hiro to check what he was doing. She didn't have any time to really react as she suddenly got patted; a feeling she'd almost forgotten but her current reaction was a gentle pout. If she enjoyed it, she probably didn't want to admit it right away but she wasn't able to give a proper reaction anyway since the noise of the plates of food the next moment made her turn her head toward them. Moving with him soon when she was asked to follow, she curiously looked at what they had gotten. Doing like him, Tamamo sat down at the table and looked at the plate soon in front of her, her eyes brightening at the sight of food. Her eyes moved up to him two seconds later. "Cut-leary? You mean these...? How would I stab myself?", she asked while grabbing the knife and inspecting it. She had seen them being used before. Before she would try to use them though, she looked at him again to speak of what he said before, "By the way, I did not mean to be scary but you humans look afraid of me all the time. The other human was afraid of me too, at first...". She tilted her head while she thought but soon shook her head and focused back on her food, surprisingly having the right idea on how to use the fork and knife but not exactly doing well on her first try. It took Tamamo a bit before she finally gets a piece of food that she instantly took into her mouth, seemingly enjoying every seconds of it. She could have melted right there from tasting what she never tasted before, at least not like this. It didn't take too long before she went for another piece of meat and repeated the satisfaction. For the potatoes, Tamamo had to take a guess on how to get them right again but when she tasted them, it was clear she was also loving it.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

Despite it being her first attempt in handling cutlery, Hiro concludes that she did great for her first try, and he feels no need to be worried anymore. He simply nodded at her second remark about mentioning how the first human she met was scared as well, but he didn't say anything to it. Instead, he wanted to focus on food as well as he looked down, his mouth almost drooling so he quickly held onto the cutlery with both of his hands, using it to cut up the pieces of meat to then stick the fork through it, lifting it up to his mouth and taking a piece of the meat, immediately getting a cube of seasoned potato in his mouth as well. A delightful first meal of the day, and he finally gets to eat with someone, instead of having his zombie friend watch him eat. Not that that was bad, or anything, he still kinda wished that his close friend was able to eat as well. He didn't really have much to say or add to any conversation, focusing entirely on eating. If Tamamo had something in mind, however, it's only natural that Hiro would turn his attention to her with a smile and hear her out, after swallowing his bite.

• Like 1

Tamamo focused on eating for a while until she had enough satisfaction to slow down and look at him. "So this is how you eat in this place... You must be feeling lucky to eat so well. I know I do... It's so different from having to hunt for your own food." She looked down at her meal and worked her way to finish it and not leaving anything behind. Once done, she left her plate empty and finally took a moment to look around, seeing what kind of different monsters were there. Tamamo wasn't much surprised herself if only by the diversity of monsters she had never seen before but as a youkai, it wasn't something to be afraid of. Her eyes however locked back on Hiro, wondering how a human actually dealt with being in this situation. With what she had seen of him and what she was told so far, he was clearly cautious about monsters he never met before, which was probably a smart move in general even if he may or not do it on purpose. "How do you live here with all these monsters? Do you get bullied by them for being a human? Where I live, humans and monsters don't like each others a lot. Do you have monster friends to protect you if you're in danger?", she asked her few questions with a smile, curious to know how living as a human among monsters was like. He probably was not entirely afraid of them if he went as far as even touching her like he did earlier, even though the pat did feel somewhat nice.

• Like 1

Finishing half of his own plate, as he was more focused on actually enjoying the food and tasting it properly, rather than shoving everything in his face, he momentarily places down the cutlery onto the side of his plate to reach out for some paper towel that was on the middle of the table, taking some to then wipe his mouth. It seemed like he didn't have anything to comment on her small monologue of amazement as she mentioned how it was more different to eat here than to hunt. Of course it's different, because hunting takes a lot of time and effort, while ordering food from a place is most definitely better, faster, more efficient, and best of all, somebody else does the work for you. He would then hear out Tamamo's question and concerns about him being in danger, which he seemed surprised of, given how he raised a brow. Even so, he kept smiling at her. Waiting for her to finish her questions, Hiro shakes his head side to side in a negative fashion for just a second. "I have monster friends, however they aren't there to protect me, apart from the teachers, I'm guessing, anyway, but so far I don't think I need protection from anything or anyone. Thank you for your concern, Tamamo, but I wasn't necessarily bullied, I was... teased, instead. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just.. embarrassing. I'm kind of nervous and mostly Demon monsters used that to their advantage, but even I am surprised on how they didn't do.. anything else. I note down most monster species in my notebook.." He explains, retrieving said notebook from his pocket, simply showing it but not the contents of it. He continues speaking in the meantime. "..I'd like to think I know a lot about monsters by examining them, as well as reading after their species. Hence why I knew what you were, when I seen you." He leans a bit back, only so that he can look at Tamamo's tails. "Your nine tails gave it away and, honestly, they look nice in person." He smiles at Tamamo in a gentle but intrigued way. Was that supposed to be a compliment or something? Whatever the case, he certainly hopes it is taken as one. Going back to a previous topic, he looks off to the side as he raises an index finger to place it against his lower lip, thinking for a moment. "As for how I live among monsters, I try to avoid them if I don't know them, no matter what. I don't think they're mean to humans. If anything, I know that most monsters here are intrigued about humans or interested in humans, which sounds okay, but really, it's just another excuse for.. 'taboo' actions.." He chuckles nervously, closing his eyes momentarily as his head faced her again completely, listening out to her response to everything that was said just now by Hiro, in case she wants to give one.

• Like 1

Tamamo listened, being rather quiet while he talked. With him thanking her for the concern, she smirked but not like she was appreciating some praise but rather finding funny that it was how he was seeing it. She wasn't necessarily being concerned for him as much as she was curious instead. The last part of his first explanations didn't tell her much, though. She wasn't one to guess what monsters would not do to him. Kill him? That probably would be mean and worse, forbidden in the academy if she trusted the basic rules she was told about before. Following that, she tilted her head with the next part. "Humans tend to like my tails but I don't understand where you've seen about me before. You even knew of Kyuubi. Maybe I should not underestimate you if you know so much." Tamamo leaned closer, leaning against the table, her tails swaying slightly again. "If you're being nice, I could let you touch one..." With her smirking face, it was tough to guess if she was only teasing or being serious but a moment later, she went quiet again to listen to the rest. The final part was what confused her the most with certain terms she actually never had learned about yet. She didn't look the kind, at least so far, to go for that kind of thing either. Her first question however was rather direct. "Do they try to kiss you...?" Leaning back on her seat, she looked up in thoughts, soon revealing where that question came from. "It's a secret but the human who came to the forest gave me a kiss before she left back to humans. Right here..." She pointed her lips with her finger and smiled, seeming to have good memories of whenever that happened. Then came the relevant question. "Is this what... um... ta-bu means? Is it a bad thing...?" Her head tilted to the side slightly as she asked, staring at Hiro.

• Like 1

Feeling a little bit more praised as she said she shouldn't underestimate him, pocketing the notebook back as he continued to listen to her. When she offered Hiro the touch of a tail, he didn't think nothing weird of it, nor did he get super excited over it. That would've been weird. Instead, he smiles with raised brows. "Oh? That would be nice, I always wondered what they feel like!" He says so, looking off to the side as he places a thumb and index finger on his chin, seeming to be in thought for just a moment before looking right back at her. It seems like her saying that made him think that he should be looking forward to something in the future. When she asked about the Demons trying to kiss him, he doesn't seem too surprised but he does blush slightly about it, raising the palms of his hands to gently wave them in a negative way in front of him, defensively. "No, no! Maybe once, but.. what they always do is use their powers to talk in my head, which kind of scares me since it's always so sudden, and then they try to get nervous reactions out of me by.. changing the size of their.. certain body parts.." He says so, looking down at Tamamo's chest for a moment to indirectly indicate what he's talking about, quickly looking back up at her face instead. He blushes a bit more deeply this time, raising a hand to scratch the back of his head as she reveals where the question came from, calming down after a few seconds as her small gesture on pointing on her own lips made him smile. "Oh, I see. That was sweet of her to do so I guess." He mentions, simple as that. At her last question, he curiously looked back at her. "Uhm, n-no, that's not a bad thing! It's just a thing that some people get embarrassed about if they're not used to it yet." He explains to her, turning back to his half eaten food to grab onto a fork, starting to eat the remaining bites of it whilst also keeping his attention on Tamamo.

• Like 1