Yoko's dorm room.

Hiro had never felt this happy in his life, which may be an overstatement, but if he thinks so, then it must be true. He's happy that he gets to remain friends with someone he's known for less than a day. He continued to embrace Yoko, very slowly rubbing her back, but eventually he'd stop and just keep his palms there. He had a big smile on his face that she couldn't see just yet, as his face wasn't in view. "Yes, I will. I will write it down, but I don't think that is something I will forget. Thank you, Yoko." He finally leans back, having a bit of a hard time to let her go, as this embrace meant everything to him, but he does let her go and reach up to adjust his glasses once more, looking in her eyes with a light blush on his cheeks.

Moving on from the heavy scene that just went down, he sighs and sits back down on the side of her bed. "I know I apologize a lot, but..." He lets out a nervous chuckle, seeming to be just fine now. "I'm sorry if I ruined the mood, o-or anything like that.." He then remembers something. "Oh, right!" He puts a cheeky grin on his face as he eyes her. "You said you were going to show me some of your notes if I showed you some of mine. How about it?" He reminded her of what she said earlier, for some reason eager to see what she writes about in her little book.

• Love 1

OOC: I think we have exhausted the scene by now, don't you at least after my post? 🙂

While Yoko still does not have or feel a heartbeat in her body as well as neutral core temperature, she does take note of her able to feel the beating of Hiro's behind his ribcage. This further pushes her curiousity and wondering. For now, she decides to leave the subject be as it seems more fitting to be emotional and such. Of course, she hugs him back the best she can. Though she is still unsure how long a hug should be and lets Hiro guide that judgement."You're welcome Hiro. I am glad we can get along well. Hopefully learn to be better socially together as well", she replies back and after their hug ends, she smiles widely.

She shakes her, indicating it is allright and then place herself on the bed once more. She picks the notebook from her bedside table and considers where to open up her book and what to show."Allright. I will try and find a good page". Eventually she does do that. So she opens up on a page with the most sturdy, pretty and lovely handwriting one can image. DEspite her normal clumsy nature, her writing is ready as a text book example.

========================
Yoko's retrospective thoughts and impressions and potential memories:
- Took a longer stroll outside in the nice weather where I saw a human mother in the park tending to her baby. The little child cried for no reason at all. Do human babies hurt per default? I need to ask Mr. Braun @Solomon later about this.
- Today I tried to eat something like one of the mortals around me. It just turned to dust in my mouth, again. I would wish there were more of my kind here so we could compare notes. Do other zombies have no memory like me?
- Jasper (guardian) sent me something he found in the abandoned house he first saw me in - a weird coin of unknown origin. Could this be of monster origin?

• Love 1

Hiro smiled at her in the end that, thankful that she forgave him. Finally getting to the notebook part, once she presented the page he had scooted closer to her, in a similar way like her, leaning a bit closer to see what she wrote. She would be able to see his pupils behind his eyes moving from side to side as he reads all lines available. He leans back after having read it, looks at her. "Ah... Perhaps I see why you didn't touch the apple juice I got for you. You're afraid it might turn into dust...?" He'd ask her, with a raised brow. "But... Wouldn't it be different? I mean, it's a drink after all... Or perhaps do you not have to drink at all...?" He turns away, seeming to think about it.

After her answers to those questions above, Hiro stands back up after leaning to grab his own satchel bag. He stuffs his notebook and pen in it, leaving the apple juice box on the table as a memento. He turned to Yoko, a bit saddened but it's understandable, he reveals that he has to go. "Alright, I have to pack the things I bought. I had so much fun talking with you again, that I forgot about them!" He lets out a nervous chuckle, holding onto his head as he isn't blaming anyone, since it's not that big of a deal. He's saddened that the conversations have to end. He does wait for her reaction, though.

She allows him to sit as close as he wants to without any objections or anything, finding his presence calming and nice. She also sighs in relief as she doesn't have to explain why she did not drink the juice, though she feels a bit guilty for not outright telling him."I never need to sleep, drink or eat...I am undead after all. It is...practical, but not exactly something that helps you socialize. I have seen...that humans really like to do that around food and drink. That is why...I did not take your juice. I didn't want to make you feel awkward...so that's why", she explains simply.

She rises from the bed as well, her face smiling softly and her purple eyes moving ever so slightly as well."Ohhh, I see. That is a shame, but thankfully we have plenty of other chances to meet and hang out. Also...here is my number, if you...want to..use it for anything. I did have a really fun and interesting time with you Hiro...and I hope we can soon watch some movies.", she says, a bit shyly all of a sudden and give him her number. After seeing him off properly, she is left here alone.

• 5 months later...

Assuming that Yoko is in her dorm room and Hiro has knowledge of this through text messages or something else, Yoko would soon hear gentle knocks on her dorm room's door, coming from the one and only Hiro himself. The sky outside was getting darker by the minute, showing that it's evening and quickly getting even past that. Before these knocks, though...

After returning with Yoko from the Headmaster's office, Hiro felt hungry, but sadly, Yoko couldn't eat or drink anything, so Hiro decided to go alone to the dining hall and hoped that this wouldn't be an issue to Yoko. While returning from that place, he bumped into a moth girl, adorably named Lamp, whom he decided to lecture about the human world, how cell phones work and even visited her dorm room, which was rather close to Yoko's dorm room. It's an interesting story to tell, for sure. Coming out from there, sighing once and stretching, instead of heading back to his own dorm room, he thinks of Yoko, smiling, as he then heads to her room instead, which is when he knocks on her door.

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1

The door opens up not long after, the zombie woman of Yoko standing at the entrance in her regular dress and hat and all. She gives a faint smile at Hiro as he took the time to come and at least say hello it seems. Inside of the room there is a soft sound from what seems like a TV running. Inside, she has been watching some old school kung fu movies - at least judging from the sounds coming from inside."Oh hello Hiro. You are here late. What can do for you?", she asks softly, like she usually does.

Listening to the sounds whilst the door opens, he doesn't seem to question it directly, because watching movies with her is what he planned as well, anyway. Once Yoko comes to view, he smiled back and waited for her to say what she wanted to say, replying afterwards. "Yeeah, sorry that it's a bit late, hah."

It seems to be a form of greeting for him, since this is the second time he does this: He approaches Yoko gently and gives her a hug, letting the zombie girl feel his lively warmth and his heartbeats, before leaning back, in order to not make her uncomfortable and continues to speak. "Since we talked about watching movies together, I was wondering if we could watch some now? If you're not busy, of course..." He asks, plain and simple, down to business. He keeps smiling at her, too, waiting for her to reply whilst looking into her dead eyes, hoping for a positive outcome.

Yoko accepts the embrace and returns it, though it is still clear it's quite new to her, with physical contact. Of course, she still likes getting one from her friend, but she hasn't had a lot of time and opportunity to know this more human custom of greeting someone. She has probably not told Hiro, but no need to as long as he is not feeling like she is against the hugging. After it ends, he reveals the reason and nature of his visit. While they did discuss it and agreed to do it, this is a bit out of nowhere and without warning. Not being the most spontaneous of nature, she is not exactly thrilled to be thrown into the situation out of the blue. Still, she is not going to reject him and she probably doesn't yet know how to properly make her displeasure be heard in a kind hearted manner."Not really busy no, so yes, we can hang out and watch some movies, even if it is a bit sudden...", she says, failing to completely conceal her concern.

Hiro, being a perceptive person in general, he does notice it in her tone, that she is for some odd reason concerned. Perhaps he should've called her beforehand, yes, and this is too sudden. His smile drops slightly and looks at her. Nervously chuckling, he scratches the back of his head and seeming kind of shameful, given the stuttering. "A-ahaha... Yeah, it is s-sudden... I'm sorry, that I didn't notify you b-beforehand... I just remembered about what we talked and since I was out anyway, I c-came to visit." That's when he looks down. "I'm sorry..." Humans make mistakes. He was probably too excited to see Yoko again, and given how he felt about her whilst conversing with the moth girl, that may be one of the reason of his eagerness. Still, it is not his intention to turn anyone uncomfortable, he brings up the possibility and question; "Do you w-want me to leave?" He asked, as he looked back up at her. Indeed she just told him that it is fine if he comes in and they hang out, yet, Hiro, being the nervous one, he doesn't want to ruin anyone's day, even with an unexpected visit.

Yoko does know that Hiro, just like her, is not the most skilled in social situations and similar stuff. She would never think that her friend would actively and decisively try and make anyone else uncomfortable or be a bother. She can tell that he did seem to get the notion that this was not exactly fully thought through, but she doesn't want him to feel bad about it - after all, everyone does make mistakes and scale wise this is a pretty low tiered one. She reaches out with a hand to gently put onto one of his and muster a small, but nice smile on her lips still."Want you to leave? What in the world led you believe that? No no, I would like to hang out like we planned....just, I would have liked a bit of a notice before hand next time. Okay?", she says in that velvet silky soft voice of hers and motions for him to enter."I don't really have any snacks or anything to offer though...".

• Like 1

Hiro looked down once more, as he waited her response whilst hoping for the best, he looks back up as his hand is grabbed. He blushes, as he looks down at it, almost unable to hear the words from her, just because of this sweet moment. Finally, he looks back up for a moment, still seeming embarrassed. "Y-Yes, okay, yes! I'm sorry, Yoko! Sometimes I rush things a-and forget myself... I will notify you next time, I promise!" He speaks out in his worried tone, bowing down apologetically, as humans do so. Straightening himself for the final time, this time smiling, he steps in. "Oh, d-don't worry! I didn't bring anything myself, because I know you can't eat or drink..." Still seeming disappointed about that fact, however it does not bother him for longer than a second. He looks around her room once more as he is inside now, but he assumes nothing is different. That touch from her earlier, while he literally just hugged her before it, a direct touch on his hand from her own seemed much more different. It surely made Hiro's heart race, in a unique way, that he only felt, while he's around Yoko, whom at this point feels very much alive, to Hiro, at least.

• Like 1

While Yoko's mind and body doesn't have quite the reaction of Hiro, there is still an odd and almost faintingly small tinge of a bodily reaction within her from touching Hiro. She lets out a soft inner "eeep" to herself as this happens, but doesn't seem to react much outwardly. While the subject doesn't seem to be a big issue by any measures, she still aim to quickly address it."Well, no, I don't do that, but I would still like to have something to offer my guests and especially to something that seems fitting for it", she explains, as it seems only polite to have things to offer in such situations.

He is led inside anyway and the noises of a kung-fu 80's movies is heard easier, with a variety of other movies lying near her TV.

• Like 1

After she said that, Hiro smiled at her and gently placed a hand on the side of her shoulder, even slightly rubbing it. "Oh, Yoko, you're really s-sweet and considerate..." Slightly blushing as he says so, closing his eyes and raising his other hand to fix his glasses on his face. "...but it's really fine! I actually don't like to eat too much snacks and the food I ate in the dining hall earlier made me feel really full, soo... Yeah!" He let go of her once again and took a look at the TV as it is now visible. He'd then look at the bed, standing next to it but turning around, to face Yoko. "Is it fine, if I sit here?" He asks politely. Forgot to mention, but after Hiro came in, he took off his shoes to prevent dirtying Yoko's room's floor.

He seems... prepared, even though they didn't even talk about what movies they were going to watch. Besides, Hiro seems to have lots on his mind, perhaps things he would like to talk about to Yoko.

The sudden touch is not deflected, but she doesn't really know what this sort of gesture means and she think it would be too awkward to ask about it, so she simply allows it to end. Yoko can definitely see the point he made, but it was more about the principle than anything, as the older gentleman that is her guardian, taught her this was part of good manners. She wanted to express this as well, but that too seems too akward to bring up as well - she will have to try and fit it in somewhere where it might be more fitting later on or even some other time altogether. She pauses the current movie. called Shang-Hai Hustle, and addresses his question."Ohhh, but of course. Feel free to do so", she says, before getting the movie back to the menu.

• Like 1

Hiro's most recent gesture was more like a friendly reassuring pat, rather than anything complicated, so it's no use trying to think too much about it. Yoko might not want to express much, which is understandable, as she doesn't want any awkward situations, but Hiro will definitely hear her out, whatever may be bothering her. After given permission, he sits down on the side of Yoko's bed, looking over to the TV with a slight smile. When she paused the movie, she looks back at her. "I wonder, have you watched lots of movies, before coming to this academy?" A straight-forward and normal question.

• Like 1

Yoko sits onto her bed as well, resting her upper body against a small pile of pillows and cute stuffed animals, her legs laying along the surface. While she enjoys hanging out with Hiro and get along with him pretty well, she does wonder if most humans are like that or if the male student sticks out more than she thinks. In any case, there is no use in overthinking something that is not even an issue at the moment. Due to her position, her body below her dress seems easier to see the shape and such, revealing a pretty lithe and slender form."Not a whole lot. My guardian is pretty old for a human, but he likes to take me out on hikes and such still. He is more spry than one might think. Of course, travelling with others is always a bit...weird", she says and finishes with a light snicker.

• Like 1

Hiro takes a mental note of that lithe form of hers, since it's in view and he just so happened to look her way. He continues to look her way, since he is talking to her. It's as if he came over to talk instead of actually watching movies. Raising a brow at her last statement though, he replies with a relaxed tone. "Hikes are nice. Why is traveling with others weird, though? In some cases, you can get to know more whoever you travel with... I'd love to travel with you some day! I'm sure it would be great." He says it out loud plain and simply what he thinks, looking away for a moment as some things run through his mind, even slightly blushing. After a moment he looks back at her, leaning against one of his arms that was pressed in the bed, keeping himself supported.

• Like 1

At the same time that they started to talk, Yoko begins the kung-fu flick anew, bringing out the rather raw look of the early start of the genre, the dub not entirely well done and things probably too weird for the audience back then. It stars Bruce Lee as a very young man, doing all sorts of stunts as the movie starts off with an action scene. However, the undead girl only half way looks at and hears it, as she speaks with Hiro again."Weird in a more pragmatic way...like how I move around you know? No no, nothing like super serious or anything, haha", she says and giggles a bit more and a soft smile forms on her lips for a bit.

Seeing how she leaned down in her bed and all that, he didn't want to do so because he feared it might be embarrassing to just lay down on someone's bed just like that, so he remained seated whilst looking mostly at Yoko rather than the TV. "Oh right, yeah, sorry! Haha, I didn't forget, I swear...!" He blushes in embarrassment, letting out a chuckle as well. Letting that go, however, he returns to simply smiling, for a moment he looked at the TV, then back at Yoko once again. "I wonder, has anything happened, whilst I wasn't with you? Just making sure you were.. s-safe, is all! I met someone along the way back from the dining hall and I had to help them." He says in a concerned and caring tone, even though there's nothing to be concerned about.

She gives him a brief raised eyebrow and a "doubtful" look as he mentions not forgetting about her quirk about getting around places physically. That topic is quickly replaced with a much more relevant one it seems, as Hiro seems to have had worries about her well being and safety. Thankfully, there hasn't been any violent or dangerous episodes here in quite some time, so she has been completely safe. She is still glad to hear that he cares about her in that way though and another faint blush does flare her cheeks for a brief moment."I have been fine, thank you. I met someone I helped find their way around too, but nothing much beyond that, really. It is fairly quiet here these days, which suits me very fine. Though I appreciate the concern, of course. I hope you have been well too?", she comments back.

• Like 1

Without wasting any time, he replies to her as soon as he hears her question. "I've been well, yes. I have a lot of things on my mind...and I am really curious what the following days will bring my way." He says whilst looking in her eyes, having a small awkward pause there mid sentence, probably something important came to his mind that he doesn't seem to talk about. After all, the way he feels about Yoko is still a secret to her and he feels like it's not the right time to drop anything of that caliber on her lap. It would turn things awkward. That's what he thinks, at least. "This first day was really nice... I got to meet lots of monsters that I thought I might fear, but in reality they're just as great as humans. And I'm really glad I met you, too!" He says cheerfully, closing his eyes and smiling warmly at her as he does so.

• Like 1

Yoko does give a wondering look once he is so snap and ready to reply back the way he does, almost as if he has waiting for it to be returned back to him. She is not the kind of person to have to guess what is on the mind of someone else, but she hates to pry as well, so for now she just assumes that Hiro should have anything he was eager to get out, that he would utter it. Of course, she is glad they met and that he thinks that way about it as well."I haven't exactly met a lot of humans...or many in general, so far at least. I guess I will have to get used to that in time, right? In any case, I am glad I can stand out as someone humans may want to spend time with", she responds back, smiling lightly.

"Well, yeah, you stand out to me because you're one of the first monsters I met and talked with..." He seems troubled about something, but he doesn't keep it a secret. "...Bah, I still feel like the term monster is derogatory. It makes non-humans look bad, and not all are bad!" He says, seeming frustrated about the way the dictionary works and all that, but he seems to let it go, sighing once as he looks at her with a warm smile. Seeming to get a bit more comfortable with sitting on her bed, he raises his feet up on the bed and turns a little bit, laying down with distance between them. He didn't pay attention where he put his head, but he doesn't necessarily care. As long as it's on the bed, it's fine. He looks at the TV. "Anyway..." Seeming to be wanting to quickly switch topics before things turn awkward. "Let's watch movies then. I didn't mean to keep you waiting, hah!" He chuckles nervously, as he glances at her for a moment, then back at the TV to continue watching the Kung Fu movie.

• Like 1

Yoko doesn't utter a word at what is being said at first, not really interested in that topic in the slightest. She does notice him getting more comfortable on the bed, which she does appreciate since she doesn't mind the closeness between them, while she is more hesitant and cautious about other people she usually meets. As she has already seen about 30 minutes into the same movie, she doesn't mind the wait either."Ohh, I was already a bit ahead of you. Say...do you have a favourite flick?", she asks curiously, trying to get conversation started again.

Hiro is relieved that she doesn't care about the first topic. It's just a weird sudden burst of negative energy that emitted inside Hiro and he wanted to vent a little, but all is well that ends well. Turning his head over to her once she speaks, indeed being much more closer to her this way which, of course, he doesn't mind either. "Eh? No, not in particular... I like all kinds of movies and films. Though if I must say, I mainly like those in the action and comedy genre. I think humans can create a really funny movie that also includes heavy action scenes with races and shooting and stuff."