Yoko's dorm room.

She is a bit perplexed and surprised that someone like Hiro is into the more action heavy movies, but then again, so is she with these old time-y kung fu movies. The comedy genre is something she has not ventured into that much, especially with monster culture usually being vast different from human culture. Of course, she is not used to either as she was "born" not many years ago, at least from her own recollection and memory."Allright. I am curious as to what you might pick, so after this one, you can go with whatever you think we should watch next. Deal?", she asks softly.

• Like 1

Raising his arms and placing his hands behind the back of his head, leaning against the bed's back as he glances at her whilst she asks her question. Smiling in return, he nods once. "Deal. I know many comedy action movies, but I think I know which one I want to show you!" He says eagerly, liking this quality time with Yoko. He also feels like he is getting closer to her this way, even though there's no new "information" being exchanged between them, apart from that of regarding the type of movies they like. For last few seconds, he eyes her with silence, but then turns towards the TV, watching the movie in silent. Occasionally, he shifts in positions, removing his arms from behind his head after ten minutes of watching and now sitting in a more comfortable position where all of his limbs are relaxing. Then, after yet another ten minutes, he hugs one of his legs whilst sitting, all while his other leg is stretched out.

It looks like he keeps switching positions and ways he is sitting. Every now and then he also looks at Yoko, but only for a brief second.

• Like 1

Even one like Yoko eventually catches on that Hiro is looking at her from time to time, seemingly out of nowhere. At first she just lets it slip by uncommented and try to enjoy the movie together with her fellow student."Oh, great! Is it some sort of surprise....or are you going to tell me?", she asks curiously, seemingly interested and with her own gaze on him as they speak between them. She does feel unsure if calling him out on staring at her is rude or not, but eventually she cannot help herself, but does try to make it sound friendly as best as possible."Is there something on my face or something? You have been staring a bit Hiro...is there a reason for that?", she asks, her tone of voice indicating she prefers to really know.

Hiro listened to what she had to say about his movie idea, so he chuckles in response, seeming to leave it as a semi-surprise. "I'll explain it to you after this movie!" After that, he just fell silent, watching the movie. Hiro wasn't staring always, he only did so every now and then, which means every 30 minutes. "Huh?" He directs his attention to her fully now, raising a brow. "Uhm, I was just checking if you're still watching. I hope it's not a problem?" He follows up with some information. "I actually used to do this to my parents...and to everyone. Every time I watched something with them, I made sure they're still watching, because they were either using their phones or they were falling sleep. It's a habit, I'm sorry...! I know you can't sleep or anything." He says, letting out yet another nervous chuckle. An interesting quirk about Hiro.

She simply nods understandingly as he mentions wanting to go over it once this particular flick is over. On the scrreen, the young Bruce Lee is currently fighting off the hench men of the movie's big bad villain, which Yoko seems to be pretty into as her attention always seem even more intense when those segments pop up on the monitor. She feels a bit awkward for drawing attention to what sounds like a regular reaction to past experiences from Hiro."I see. Sorry, it just seemed like you may have had something on your mind...anyway...different topic: How are you liking stuff like this?", the zombie girl asks, having wondered how the other likes the older types of movies.

Hiro shakes his head at her apologizing. "No, it's okay! It's best if we know more about each other. I'm glad I got to share this with you- Anyway." He says, hearing out her question. "I like it so far. It's these types of action movies that intrigue me. I don't dream of ever fighting like that myself, I'm quite a peaceful person..." He reveals, continuing. "I like older movies, even though I wasn't born when they came around." He says, turning his face back towards the movie, getting into yet another comfortable position. It also seems that all this small shuffling on the bed got him a few milimeters closer to Yoko, but not too much. He seems happy with the current movie, eager to see where these fights lead and such.

"Given my guardian is the age he is, it is fair to expect to see a few or more oldies cinema wise. So I guess you can say it is nice to have the ability to find enjoyment in both new and old movies", she says in a more vibrant sounding tone while they continue to watch this together. She moves her own position so she is with her back against the wall and her knees pulled closer to her chest. She doesn't seem to notice how they are closer on the bed either.

Once again he shifts a little bit, turning onto his side, which incidentally enough makes them seem even slightly closer, but this is something Hiro himself doesn't notice. It also seems like he had nothing more to say to Yoko's response, slowly getting immersed into the fight scenes shown in the old movie. He uses one of his elbows to support himself up as he watches the TV, getting just a little bit sleepy, as he covers his mouth and yawns, trying to make it as less audible as possible. He still looks very much immersed into the movie, but his eyelids are a nanometer closer to each other. Such is the human life, as he is, indeed, just a mere human, needing of food, water and sleep. He doesn't notify Yoko about this, because he feels like it's not needed, and he still wants to watch at least the movie he had in mind.

Yoko ends up again more on her side after a while, hugging one of her bigger stuffed animals and of course there is no sign of fatigue in her face or anything at all. She doesn't even know how that sort feels like. The movie passes by without much being said between the two. Some might call it awkward, but Yoko does take comfort and joy in some silent moments shared with someone she gets along with. However, this time it is more her taking glances at Hiro, though she is honestly not sure why, but it does make her think how nice it is to have a friend and someone to hang out with.

• Love 1

Hiro doesn't think it's awkward. In fact, he enjoys the movie more if nobody is speaking during it, but this doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing, and it definitely wouldn't be a problem if Yoko started speaking again. Laying in a different position yet again allows the corner of his eye to see Yoko glancing at him, to which he doesn't say anything, but instead looks back at her with a slight smile. Quite a lot of minutes have passed since he got there and this shows on his eyes, as bags very slowly start to form under them. As usual, he gets eager every time a new scene pops up on the film, the small burst of excitement and adrenaline taking away from his sleepiness bit by bit, however it only comes back as more minutes pass. And to think, he wanted to watch another movie with Yoko after this one.

Once the movie gets to a part where nothing much is going on and it's mostly silence, Hiro turns his head towards the zombie girl and asks her a simple question. "Hey, Yoko? May I use your bathroom? I need to freshen up a little bit." He chuckles, pushing his glasses up his face with his middle finger.

By now, she can see that Hiro is bodily affected somehow and from what she recalls, it seems to be fatigue. Of course, it is much easier for her to recognize when it becomes more prevalent and clear. As the only bathrooms around are in the hallway, she wonders why he might ask like this."You can go and freshen up sure, no need to ask me. Shall I pause the thing for now? If you are really this tired....won't you prefer to get some rest?", she suggests, worried he may be overextending his energy needlessly. Her voice, while still pretty flat, does have a slight tinge of concern in its tone.

OOC: I thought every dorm has it's own bathroom, that's why he asked it that way. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to make it that way. After all, it's a very large academy that has a lot of money put into it. 😛 Since, assuming all dorms are identical but changed by the person living inside it (and I know this is a "Monster Academy", thus made for monsters), just because there's some monsters who doesn't/can't use a bathroom for anything, it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist in each individual dorm room!

He nods once. "Yeah, pause it, if it's no problem to you. I'm not tired, not at all! I came to watch movies with you and I intend to fulfill that promise." He says with a smile and watches her pause. Wherever these bathrooms may be, he goes out, almost slightly rushing toward it, then returns within just a few minutes. It seems he is more awake now and the bags are less visible. There's also a few droplets of water on his face, probably pointing out the fact how he washed his face to wake up a little bit, more or less. "Here I am! Sorry for the wait..." He walks back over and sits back down on the bed, laying once again down whilst looking at Yoko, tilting his head slightly as he adjusts his glasses with a hand once more.

Edited by Godot

OOC: Fine, we can have bathrooms for each room, though I still don't personally find it too fitting. Their bathrooms will be tiny though.

She is almost about to say something, but decides against it, as it's really up to him. Though she does sort of chuckle a bit at the thought of him falling to slumber right when the next movie will be put on. She simply gives a small smile and nod for him to go already."Allright. I appreciate you committing to your promise, but there would be plenty of other times. However, if you feel well enough, that's fine too", she comments and lets him slip into her small bathroom. Time passes by and he returns back and luckily he does look slightly better, however she is still concerned that he is pushing himself needlessly. Luckily, the worst that seems that might happen, is that he falls asleep. She pushes starts and thankfully they are near the end of the flick."No worries. I am quite used to waiting. What do you think I do most of the time at night when everyone else sleeps?", she says and giggles softly.

OOC: I see no problem with it. I'm fine with it being as tiny as possible, though!

Not noticing she was about to say something, he already left. Since he's already back and all and she drops him a question right then and there, with a smile he looks back at her, averting his eyes from the continuing movie for just a moment to respond to her. "Hmmm, I don't know... I never thought about it. I'm guessing you watch movies, read books or do homework given to us?" He asks, actually putting in effort in thinking about what she does, hoping that he caught some of the things right, even though it brings him no benefit whatsoever.

• Like 1

Yoko gets back to sitting against the wall with her legs pulled up, looking at Hiro whilst they converse between each other. She nods softly as he lists the things he assumes she would be doing in the sleeping hours of other monsters and humans."Well, yes...sometimes. I do like to take walks at night too. Both in town and around the grounds. There is a very pleasant silence and the stars look very pretty too", she says and smiles softly.

Hiro lets out a soft chuckle after she finishes her sentence. "Heh, I envy you. I wish I didn't have to sleep. I would be able to do much more, if fatigue wasn't a thing." He says in a soft tone, his voice sounding tired, even though he just freshened up. But does he really wish to not have the ability to sleep? After all, sleep is such a good feeling, since he's a human and all. It refreshes anyone who requires it. He looks back at the TV for a moment, then back at Yoko, awaiting her reply.

Yoko doesn't really think that it's such a great thing in more ways than one. Sure, on paper it sounds handy and practical, but it does require quite a lot of your psyche, even as undead."It's not really that swell. Sure, you could get a lot more done, but I find that the awake hours are plenty enough for that. Other than that, you are mostly just 'running out the clock' so to speak. Furthermore....it does make you stand out to others and you have a harder time relating to others as well...some days it's nice to have it, but most often it just feels like a curse really", she says pretty bluntly.

Hiro just blinks as he looks at her, frowning at her explanation. "If you put it that way, then I guess yeah, it's not such a great thing." He sighs, looking away and feeling like this is a sensitive topic for Yoko, but he doesn't back down from it, because there is something important he wants to ask her. "Do you think there is a way for you to become human? Would you like that, if it was possible?" He gulps once, expecting a reaction.

The movie seems to fall more into background noises as the conversation seems to get fairly serious and deep. Not that Yoko minds that or the topic matter really. In fact, she does enjoy having more interesting conversations."Of course, that is just my personal take on it. Others can have a vastly different experience, like mr. Braun", she quickly inserts before moving on to what seems to be a burning question to her from Hiro. She takes a moment to contemplate it a bit, making a humming noise to make it clear, in case the other student might think she is avoiding the inquiry."I have no experience to go from really. I cannot compare two lives, when I have only lived one. I may have always had a non-human soul. It might be interesting to try, but then would I still be who I am?", she says, half way pondering it as she speaks.

"Being a human is nice, if you want my opinion." He responds with that, adding more information to the mix. "I do not know what's it like to be a monster, of course, but if you want me to be honest, judging by what you are... If turning you into human is a possibility, then yes, you would still be who you are. I don't see why this would change. The only thing that would really change is... Well, you'd have to do more things to remain alive. Like eating, drinking, sleeping, using the facilities... Then of course you'd also have the ability to grow up, marry someone, have family..." He starts to blush as he says all that, looking away from Yoko's eyes out of embarrassment. He gulps, but smiles as he does so. Human life is truly beautiful.

• Haha 1

Yoko still cannot really wrap her mind around any of these functions of being alive, like eating, drinking and such. She doesn't really mind them as such. It is more the reactions she may get from not participating in such activities with others. However, she does get a certain impression from what he is saying, that she then expresses to him."Are you saying I cannot marry or have family if I wish? I have the body of an adult already, so I don't really have any growing to do...if I didn't know you, I would have the feeling that you think my life is empty as undead...", she says, frowning lightly.

• Haha 1

Hiro takes Yoko's reaction rather calmly and looks at her, with a face of concern, no less. "I d-didn't mean it like that! Of course you can marry and have family, Yoko!" He feels the need to reassure her with his hand, so he gently raises it to place it on one of her shoulders, if she lets him to do so. He looks into her eyes, scared of this outcome. "Your life is not and will never be empty. I just do not know how monsters of your kind work yet and given your condition, I'm sure you don't know much either, so I just assumed it isn't possible to have children... I'm sorry, It's wrong for me to assume things like that. I won't happen again!" He says in a confident and apologetic tone, letting go of her shoulder and placing his hands together, bowing his head down whilst continuing to sit on the bed. "Sorry...!"

Yoko really didn't mean it as harsh as Hiro probably thinks, so she puts a calm and reassuring hand onto his shoulder as well."Sorry if I made it seem more strong than intended. To be clear: I cannot physically have children, but there are things like adoption and such. I...just really need to find someone I wish to settle down with and all...you know", she says, the last part uttered with a bit more joy to it, thankfully.

Hiro smiles, relieved to see that she isn't hurt in any way. "Y-Yeah... I didn't mean to make things awkward..." He lets go of her and leans back against the back of the bed, turning his head and body towards the TV once more, letting out a sigh. He eyes the TV for a moment, but in the end he can't help but to look at Yoko again every now and then. Yet, he didn't have enough time to keep looking at her, as the flick was slowly coming to an end, with time passing by. As expected, he seems fatigued yet again, but he remains seated and awake, watching the last moments of the film.

• Like 1

"It's allright. You just spoke your mind and I really prefer that rather than you being silent around me. Besides, we always make things okay again, right?", she says with a bigger smile on her face and a hand lingering on his shoulder for a bit longer before finally letting it go and settling herself onto the bed once more and letting the movie draw to a conclusion, which isn't too far off. Once it does end, she looks at him."I hope you are having a good time in my presence, awkwardnes and all, haha", she says and even laughs a bit and then moves to get the DVD out of her player device. She then looks expectingly at him, as he seemed to have a movie in mind as the next one.