Lucy Skye's Room | Dorm #55

Karnis isn't exactly the most learned of people or a huge scholar, but she does have some ideas of why it might be that some of them share body types with humans. While she is not sure topics like these are fitting for a fun sleepover, she would not really be mean to Lucy and begin to deflate it or completely ignore it. She grabs herself a bottle of soda and pours some into one of the glasses, before sipping a bit of it as she listens to the slime girl talk."Hmmmm...good question. I would hate to say I knew why, because I don't. However, I have heard about this human thing called...theory of evolution. Basically, it means to pass on successful mental and bodily traits through generations. Perhaps this body type is just...universally one of the better ones and we happen to have something close to theirs?", she explains, feeling rather confident about that take on it.

• Woohoo 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Huh, someone paid attention in their biology classes. Good points, K!" Lucy chuckled, genuinely impressed by her friend's knowledge of the subject. She was quickly getting from that strangely melancholic mood back into her old self, not really caring to reminisce about these things any longer. The topic was, indeed, not really fit for the occasion, and she certainly didn't want the mood to turn into a downer. Although she still was curious about one thing.

"Ever think about what you wanna do after the Academy?" she asked. "I don't think I would mind staying around this world for a bit longer. You know, the music's good, the food's tasty.. the boys are cute," she smirked, winking towards Karnis.

• Like 1

It isn't too often that Karnis pays attention in class, but it does happen. She seems especially interested in plants and animals - many of which are native to the human realm. So she is quite fascinated by the great difference in their respective planes. The Gazer girl laughs a bit awkward, blushing lightly from being complimented, but she does smile as well."Ohh, th..thanks Lucy! I..I am not totally doing bad in EVERY subject thankfully", she says and readjust herself to lay down sideways on the floor. She doesn't mind the subject matter too much, but she would surely appreciate something more lighthearted though.

She drinks from a larger cup of soda while the slime girl goes on about the perks and good parts about the human realm and she does have to agree to the "items" as they are listed and once reaching the real part Lucy probably wanted to get at, she spurts into her drink, almost choking a bit on her soda. She manages to get her mouth away and cough awkwardly, her facing turning the reddest Lucy has ever seen. Luckily, she can soon breathe and talk normally again."Ohh..y..y..yeahh..those are indeed..very nice qualities...haha...", she says, looking very embarrassed.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Oh?" Lucy picked up on Karnis' reaction, quite keen to drill the topic further. "Got some human boy keeping you up at night, K?" she probed with a mischievous grin. She pulled herself another bottle of soda, starting to refill her cup while maintaining eye contact with her friend, then curled back up on the bed, sipping the drink and still looking at Karnis with question.

Seeing the embarrassment on gazer's face, she smiled encouragingly. "No need to be coy, girl- I'm sure someone caught your eye...s?" She winked, hoping that the pun would ease the girl a little.

Karnis quickly puts down her cup and waves her open palms into the air from side to side while also shaking her head."Oh no...no...no no...no...not really! Honestly...you would be the first time to know...if I liked someone. I..I don't even know any human boys", she says, trying to make it clear that she wasn't having anyone in mind. Her face soon drops into a slightly more depressed look."Besides....I doubt anyone would be much interested in a weird looking one like me", she says before sighing softly.

• Like 1

"Hahah, alright, alright, I believe you-" Lucy laughed heartily, amused by Karnis' embarrassed reaction, but not pressing any further, not to make her friend uncomfortable.

Her expression grew serious the moment the gazer saddened. "Oh come on K, you know that's not true. And you're definitely not 'weird looking', I don't know where you would have heard that-" she argued, ready to personally beat the crap out of anyone who might have insulted her friend like that. She breathed out, taking a more tender tone. "Everyone I know says you're adorable. There's nothing 'weird' about you. You've just got to make yourself more... approachable. I am sure you'd be turning heads left and right if only people could see more of you." The slime-girl gave an encouraging smile.

• Like 1

The gazer girl isn't exactly known for being overly social or very audible once she is in social situations, which mostly is keeping her back. She is flattered about the kind words from Lucy, though it has less to do with what others have said and more about her own thoughts and feelings."Ohh...it's okay! N..no one said it to me...well, other than myself, I guess...hahaha...", she says and laughs awkwardly, with a nervous finger playing with some of her hair. She thinks about what the slime girl said some more before adding her comment on it."Uhhmmm...approachable? Like...like how?", she asks, not sure what she might be doing "wrong" in this regard.