The Pool

“Yes I’m sure. She was born a human but earned her goddess powers later on,” Nadia says. “As far as I know, one of her powers include spawning tentacles... for fun.” She nudges Zero. “Though, not sure if that’s something you want. I could just be the one for you.” She then winks at him.

"So, she's a bit like me.  Someone who got power later in life, whether they wanted it or not," Zero said, mostly to himself.  His serious thoughts, however, were completely thrown out the window when he heard what else Nadia had to say.  He blushed and looked down at his feet.  "I swear, sometimes you act like a totally different person when you get like this, Nadia," Zero said.

“I see,” Nadia says. “I don’t plan to use you. I genuinely like you, you’re cute. It was fun taking your virginity.” She can’t help but laugh a little. “So, what do you do for fun if you’re unfamiliar with a lot of things? I can teach you anything you’re curious about, by the way.”

"Well, other than training, I did used to read comic books.  Someone I knew showed me this series about a small town kid who became a hero thanks to a star shaped stone, and he called himself Captain Nova and his battles against the Skull Gang," Zero said, going on and on about his favorite comic book hero, which turned out to be part of his inspiration to be a hero, but after a bit, he stopped himself.  "I-I mean, I do read other stuff sometimes too.  Sightseeing is something I do sometimes...and I guess I had to learn how to cook a bit after the whole Bryce thing happened at home..." Zero muttered, mostly due to the sheer embarrassment he felt from going off on such a long, random tangent like he was a kid telling his friends on the playground about a game he played.

Nadia smiles at him. She stretches and wraps her arm once around his waist tightly (but not too tight). Her legs start to stretch upwards and she carries Zero up with her. She stretches up until they could get a good view of the city they’re in, and the ocean. “Don’t worry, I got you,” she says to reassure him.