The Library

As I left from the pol area and make my way down to the library I gap at the sight Taking all of it in. 
so much to read and I have all the time in the world I think to myself and walk down the rows of books taking in the dusty smell and cough a bit. I soon choose one isle and walk down and see a book on the floor and pick it up as it reads “ Edgar Allen Poe:poems and stories” I smile as this is one of the few good books I’ve read in my spare time and sit down on a soft large bean bag, and relax as I search the book for one of my favorite stories by him “two heart tale”  and begin to read  

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Nadia was gone, Zero pulled the book back out of the shelf and let out a sigh.  "I guess it is true.  You can't escape your past, even if you didn't remember most of it for a long time," Zero said to himself.  Deep down, he wanted to destroy the book as a type of "destroying his past" kind of deal, but he also knew the book was the library's property, wherever they somehow managed to get a copy.  Zero had figured since people from various worlds gathered in this place, the people running the show had to be able to get material from those worlds as well.  "Even so, I've already accepted my parents were terrible people.  So...why does my past keep coming to haunt me like this?" Zero said to himself.  For the moment, he tried to push the thought out of his mind and put the book back, but as he walked away, he couldn't help but occasionally glance in the direction of where he found it.

as i continue to read i hear other voices in the library and i raise a brow as i thought i was by myself and place my book down and follow the directions of the voices and i blush as i see a woman with a male sitting down and reading,but the woman doesn't have any pants on i decide to talk to them but avoid eye contact with her,trying to be courteous "i-i didn't realize there was other people here..." i say softly unsure how to start the conversation let alone keep it going. it was a bit awkward for me,though i wanted human contact as i haven't seen any other people at this place so far 

After taking a while to search around, Zero eventually returned to the table Nadia and Red were sitting at.  He had a stack of comic books he had found along with a few books about curses in hopes it would help him.  As he set the books down and sat down next to Nadia, he noticed the new guy.  "Who's this guy?" he asked.

"To be honest, I wasn't expecting to find these here.  They even have the volumes I never had the chance to read before.  I always thought the Captain Nova comics were cancelled once things got serious back where I came from, but it looks like he managed to finish the series," Zero replied.

Zero looked away from Nadia for a moment, the grip on the comic book tightening.  "When I lost the title of hero, I realized something.  The public cares too much about superficial things like looks or personality.  You do one thing the public doesn't agree with and you're finished.  You'll never truly have their trust again, even if you do some big heroic deed afterward.  But here, in this story, being a hero isn't about whether or not someone supports you.  Captain Nova had no support to start with, and he kept doing what he did best because it was his choice.  He wanted to be a hero, regardless of what people thought of him.  Even after I lost that title, I kept fighting, even if my name wouldn't go down in history," Zero said.