What New Games Are You Looking Forward To This Month?

So a lot of forums will have a thread dedicated to upcoming games as a whole, but if you stick to that formula you'll probably get a whole bunch of "Cyberpunk 2077" and not much else. So, I figure focusing on just this month not only encourages people to look into games they might otherwise overlook, but to also give an excuse to revive the thread every month and keep some discussion going.

With that said, what games releasing in August 2020 are you looking forward to or interested in?

I know we're halfway through, but gotta start somewhere, right?

For me, Ogre Tale takes top billing. I love the style of both gameplay and artwork, and it looks to be a lot of fun. Looks to be Steam/PC only for now. Following that would be No Straight Roads, though something about it seems... I dunno, like "grab it on sale" quality. Clear character-action design, but it doesn't feel right somehow. And if my friends snag it, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered, of course.

So what about you? What are you hyped up about in August?

Hmm... well, I'm not too sure about this month, seeing as we're already halfway through it, plus I'm definitely not as deeply invested in gaming (new releases especially) as I used to be, BUT I have taken a look at a list of upcoming games this year and I can name a few titles that have caught my attention. I can't think of any games I am hyped for that are due to be released this August, but if I list some other games that I've seen, they're all due to be released later this year. I just hope I'm not deviating too much from the topic if I do this.

Some upcoming games that I'm curious about include:

* The re-release of Shantae and Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Nintendo Switch.
* Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
* Freedom Planet 2 (maybe, not confirmed. It's been in development hell for the last four years).
* Super Meat Boy Forever
* Yakuza: Like a Dragon

And... I guess that's about it. I really need to try and get back into gaming and try out some titles, both old and new. I'm hoping to get a new PC soon that will be able to run a lot more Steam games, so maybe that will broaden my horizons as to what potential games there might be out there that I haven't discovered yet.

Archived