OOC chat for Elder Signs.

@Neptune and @RadChad I have this suggestion:

I make a short and very simple plot idea in one of the settings - you guys can pick your prefered era - and we play through it and see how it all works.

No reason to make a HUGE project with a story for each era until we reach a format that seems to work, right?

2 minutes ago, RadChad said:

What is the plot idea?

I don't have one right this moment - it also heavily depends on the kind of era you are both most interested in.

After all, it would be unfitting if you want to go dark ages and I make something involving stuff like creepy YT videos.

2 minutes ago, Godot said:

So, anybody can be an "investigator"?

They're trying to live their life and suddenly oop! Strange sightings, strange feelings, RIP sanity, RIP everything else?

I like it.

Of course, it is just another name for "player" basically.

Glad you seem pleased. I only did the starter post for the short creepy story, so you are in good time to join up, if you desire.

Edited by JennyDK

@JennyDK I suppose, from the looks of it, the order of who responds to the 2020 scenario doesn't really matter. It seems to be mainly a starting test point (as you mentioned earlier) and since they're all in their own homes, chilling and suddenly having that crazy shit happening, all the people have to react to it one way or another, and I assume later on they would meet and "investigate"? That sounds like fun, to be honest.

1 minute ago, Godot said:

@JennyDK I suppose, from the looks of it, the order of who responds to the 2020 scenario doesn't really matter. It seems to be mainly a starting test point (as you mentioned earlier) and since they're all in their own homes, chilling and suddenly having that crazy shit happening, all the people have to react to it one way or another, and I assume later on they would meet and "investigate"? That sounds like fun, to be honest.

I try to make it a choice to try and meet up OR go solo. Both are good.

2 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I try to make it a choice to try and meet up OR go solo. Both are good.

I can certainly see that being possible in both ways. For now, you're like a sort of GM (game master) to the others, but are you going to have your own character and have other people form scenarios for others? The more I think about it, the more this concept becomes unbelievably fun, lmao.

Edited by Godot

1 minute ago, Godot said:

I can certainly see that being possible in both ways. For now, you're like a sort of GM (game master) to the others, but are you going to have your own character and have other people form scenarios for others? The more I think about it, the more this concept becomes unbelievably fun, lmao.

I did air an idea for @Neptune actually. Making a new tab for players to run their own stories and in those I could be a player if I wanted.

Your thoughts?

6 minutes ago, JennyDK said:

I did air an idea for @Neptune actually. Making a new tab for players to run their own stories and in those I could be a player if I wanted.

Your thoughts?

I'm not sure. A RP like this honestly requires a lot of attention, permission and moderation especially if it gets popular or something. If I was you, I would only allow "trusted" people make their own stories (in which, with permission from the story writer, anyone can participate), but only one story per setting at a time, so that the "Settings" tab doesn't get cluttered but rather it's used up well in the process, this way you needn't have to make another tab just for someone's personal stories.

But these are all just spontaneous ideas of mine I just got moments ago, because I was very invested in this RP idea you're making.

Edited by Godot
  • Thanks 1

I do realize that it requires more moderation than my other works, but I do think that giving some members the freedom to make their own works would make it even better. OF course, I am always happy to help out in any sort of way I can, since I have GMed A LOT of Call of Cthulhu over the years. Probably more than anything else really.

I will be making some rules for "storytellers", naturally, but I think we can try it out as a feature while we are still few and see how it goes.

Quite happy to hear your enthusiasm and praise, so thank you ❤️

• Love 1

Personally I'm not a writer at all, but if I get a good idea for a story, I write it down despite lacking in skill, and I am always pleased with myself no matter what the story is about or how it was written.

I would definitely be more of a "participant" though in all of these stories, and likely I would also have tons of "Investigators" (otherwise known as characters) that I use for each and every story.

Perhaps I just enjoy putting my fate in the hands of the GM? While I don't like my characters dying in any sort of RP, to be honest (not even gore related horror RP), I don't think I would really mind my characters dying or going insane in a setting like this. While it still might "hurt" me in a way (because boohoo, all the character development would go poof), I would be proud of myself because my character would be "history", depending on the story of course.

• Like 1